Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908559 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Laser Beams And Jewish Jump Shots
« Reply #16770 on: February 01, 2021, 12:35:03 PM »

One other thing struck me, and a light bulb went off, as regarding our throwback puppy from Kentucky. 

Is it just me, or does IQ's long range three ball suggest the old school two handed set shots of yore?

Wow. Yes. You're right! It does look like that!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #16771 on: February 01, 2021, 02:46:21 PM »

Elfrid Payton is a more than adequate placeholder for Immanuel as he makes his first pass through the league.  And clearly, Thibs is putting his faith in IQ at crunch time, and it was surely gratifying to have no less an adversary than Paul Geroge speak so highly of IQ in terms of being FEARLESS.  So I mean, hey Knicks fans....

So I guess this is one vote for "Quickley is our starting PG under Thibs in time".

I like him moreso as a.......(excuse me)...........LOU WILLIAMS

I think we will be shopping in draft or after for our lead guy.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16772 on: February 01, 2021, 03:01:12 PM »

Always funny guys wanting to knock certain players and their skill sets

Let us not forget Elfrid Payton has seasons of .471 and .493 under his belt.  Currently at .424, not the .374ish that some posters' prose would have you believe

And thanks, Chip - for pointing out the .711 free throw clip of this year's Elfrid - clearly the .570 level from last year was an outlier if you look at his career.

11.6 PPG

And while not playing full slates (28 minute average)

"HE CANT SHOOT, DAMMIT!"

Right.  He can score.  And at this year's level you cant just foul him late in the game and get away with it.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Duly Noted
« Reply #16773 on: February 01, 2021, 03:04:08 PM »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Westchester Big 3
« Reply #16774 on: February 01, 2021, 03:20:32 PM »

NY_KnicksPR
@NY_KnicksPR

Knicks assign Ignas Brazdeikis and Dennis Smith Jr to the Westchester Knicks. Jared Harper is also joining the team’s active roster in Orlando.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
rofl.....
« Reply #16775 on: February 01, 2021, 04:12:04 PM »

Elfrid - clearly the .570 level from last year was an outlier if you look at his career.....

....... And at this year's level you cant just foul him late in the game and get away with it.

Outlier, lol...he has played six full seasons.

Half of them have FT%s in the fifties.

That ain't no outlier, son, that's half.

As for late game fouls, you don't even have to check that mf'er..just stare at him from around 10 feet away as you hang out near the paint waiting to help out on Randle or Barrett

Now where's my daily PER, boy.....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16776 on: February 01, 2021, 04:18:48 PM »

I thought Noah's absence was HUGE yesterday.

He plays hard. Extremely active. Taj really can't fill those shoes.

Yeah, Noel is a special player. The tandem with Mitch let’s us set up two really good defenses with radically different styles.

BPA straight through this upcoming draft. We could use two keepers.

Elf with the .268 hit rate from 3 and the recent penchant for egregious turnovers puts a little tarnish on his shine. He and the team have also recently had enormous trouble with second half starts.

Get well NN.

Burks is a shooting guard. Bullock is a small forward who can shoot. Both are solid vets who provide a lot on D.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16777 on: February 01, 2021, 04:58:12 PM »

When Elfrid gets in the paint that puts pressure on the defense that is a positive.  He does this pretty well.  But he is not good at finishing.  The problem is Dennis Smith Jr isn't a good finisher and Frank doesn't get into the paint.  Frank has an opportunity to seize to take Elfrid's minutes because Frank is good at distributing and that's really all we are asking of Elfrid.  But Frank needs to show he can dribble penetrate.  Does he have that skill?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #16778 on: February 01, 2021, 05:16:42 PM »

When Elfrid gets in the paint that puts pressure on the defense that is a positive.  He does this pretty well.  But he is not good at finishing.  The problem is Dennis Smith Jr isn't a good finisher and Frank doesn't get into the paint.  Frank has an opportunity to seize to take Elfrid's minutes because Frank is good at distributing and that's really all we are asking of Elfrid.  But Frank needs to show he can dribble penetrate.  Does he have that skill?

Kam, the main thing Framk needs to prove is that HE CAN STAY ON THE COURT. 

Over the years, it seems that every time he gets IT, and GETS into a good groove, he gets hurt. 

He was showing nice aggression this time out, before he got hurt. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Pharoah
« Reply #16779 on: February 01, 2021, 05:25:38 PM »

Send out a search party for Pharoah. 

We are long overdue for one of his in depth analytics. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Ruff
« Reply #16780 on: February 01, 2021, 05:31:52 PM »

Elfrid - clearly the .570 level from last year was an outlier if you look at his career.....

....... And at this year's level you cant just foul him late in the game and get away with it.

Outlier, lol...he has played six full seasons.

Half of them have FT%s in the fifties.

That ain't no outlier, son, that's half.

As for late game fouls, you don't even have to check that mf'er..just stare at him from around 10 feet away as you hang out near the paint waiting to help out on Randle or Barrett

Now where's my daily PER, boy.....

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16781 on: February 01, 2021, 05:44:59 PM »

Kam, the main thing Framk needs to prove is that HE CAN STAY ON THE COURT. 

Over the years, it seems that every time he gets IT, and GETS into a good groove, he gets hurt. 

He was showing nice aggression this time out, before he got hurt.

Yes.  But he's healthy now and can space the floor better than Elfrid and defend better too.  Why isn't he playing?  Thibs has no confidence in him. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #16782 on: February 01, 2021, 06:47:32 PM »

I've been asking that for two years, and wondered why this wasn't a point of emphasis from previous coaches. I think Bo once pointed out how frequently he gave up the ball only a few steps past half court.

That said, he's got to be noticing from his sideline perch how often Quickley and Elfrid get into the paint. When (if?) Frank next gets into the game at the point, will we see something a little different from the past?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16783 on: February 01, 2021, 07:51:36 PM »

Jeez - you really believe this?

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16784 on: February 01, 2021, 09:21:41 PM »

Of course he does you nit...anyone can grab them.

Elf's minutes are shrinking faster than Giulani's little chubby after Sascha Baron Cohen barged into the room.

Down to a new-low pro-rated 16, Thibs doesn't suffer from your IQ problem.

(as I typed that White blew by Elf like Elf was taking his ticket at the Loews multiplex)

BTW, where's my m'fn per?

*** that markkanen fellow seems to have gotten his game back ...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 09:28:27 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 1847