Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899479 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #16785 on: February 01, 2021, 09:34:06 PM »

I have:
Franc as a poor distributor.
Elf as a pretty good finisher.
Burks as a below-average defender.

And Franc not only passes off 35 feet out, but he can't bring the ball up court under pressure into the center of the court.  He'll wind up way near a sideline limiting options.  Or he'll pass to Randle to bring it up court.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16786 on: February 01, 2021, 09:54:32 PM »

Closed out the 3Q well.  An 8-2 NYK run.

Nix just 3-18 on 3's.
Mitch 6 O-boards.

4Q

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16787 on: February 01, 2021, 11:11:20 PM »

I have:

Elf as a pretty good finisher.

Really?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16788 on: February 01, 2021, 11:11:36 PM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16789 on: February 01, 2021, 11:12:28 PM »

Well, 4Q looked like two mediocre teams battling sloppily.
Bulls went 3+ mins without a point mid-4Q, stuck on 91.
Lotta sloppy passes.  Good Knick pressure.
NYK didn't really take advantage.

No one was rolling for NYK.
Even when Nix tied it, it was on a quick jack by Burks which rattled in.

Uncle Julius was trying to force the issue and make passes as well.
Harder to do when you're around the 40 minute mark.
Mr. Thibs can't give another 5 Randle minutes to ObiT?
Seems like Randle is tired end of most games and commits turnovers late 4Q.
I'd like to see Randle's 4Q game log.

Knix had a miscommunication it looked between Randle and Noel with neither stepping out to guard Zach LeV on the game clinching shot.  Need to talk, but maybe if Randle wasn't gassed, he might have got there.  I didn't get a good replay to really see who should have rotated out.  Had the Bulls announcers for the 2nd half (not great, a bit goofy, but not homers), and they said, Oh-oh they left Zach wide open, before he went into his shooting motion.

I never heard of Gafford before.  Had a solid game.  Thad Young playing well.  And pretty funny in his post-game interview.
Odd that Coby White and Temple had CHI's best +/-, but both shot poorly.  White was pretty much useless until he nailed a last minute 3.

Bulls announcers kept talking about Bulls struggles to close out games.  And they were a mess much of the 4Q. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16790 on: February 01, 2021, 11:23:00 PM »

MALIK MONK hits 9 threes, goes for 36

But yeah - Frank is better

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16791 on: February 01, 2021, 11:24:08 PM »

Donovan Mitchell
@spidadmitchell

That boy quick is so tough!!

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
At least the Mavs lost
« Reply #16792 on: February 01, 2021, 11:25:45 PM »

by 1 point : D

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16793 on: February 02, 2021, 02:06:51 AM »

Hoping the Mavs season spirals completely out of control.

Barrett misssed a couple of nice looks late that could have really helped.

Elf was complete garbage.

Let’s see if we can solve this by Wednesday.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16794 on: February 02, 2021, 04:14:33 AM »

An RJB 3 doesn't worry any opponent.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16795 on: February 02, 2021, 04:30:18 AM »

He’d been cooking over the last ten games or so. I hope he gets back on track for the rematch.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Jerrya

• View Profile
Change
« Reply #16796 on: February 02, 2021, 07:58:15 AM »

Maybe it's time for some changes:
1. Burks for Bullock:  Bullock not showing much anymore.  Shooting % is 100 pts lower than Burks.  We need scoring and some intensity.

2.  IQ time for Payton:  I get it he a good spark off the bench and Payton is serviceable but by not having him out there from the start usually digs us a deep hole that puts more pressure on IQ to jump start the team.  Ironically there might be less pressure on IQ as a starter than off the bench.  No longer will he be expected to spark us and get us out of a hole.  Also, Shooting % is again 100 pts. higher than Payton.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16797 on: February 02, 2021, 09:32:48 AM »

Knix have been a good 1Q team.  Randle must be the 1Q MVP this year.  He almost always comes out smokin'.

From a quick glance it looks like the Knix were up after 1Q in 7 of the last 9 games.
Were down 5 to the Bulls last game, and 13 down to POR.
But also NYK had a 9 point lead after 1Q @ UTA, and up 11 @ BOS.

I didn't check what the score was when Elf exited and Quix entered.
But 1Q's the Knix tend to play quite well.  Usually a pretty solid offensive flow.  And some teams don't seem ready for our defensive energy and physicality

Seems 4Q we have often have problems and that's often with a lot of Quickly minutes.  But I think a good deal of the 4Q problem is Randle and RJB getting exhausted, bogging down the offense.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Alan Hahn--TAKEAWAYS
« Reply #16798 on: February 02, 2021, 10:16:28 AM »

I follow Alan Hahn's FACEBOOK feed, and his commentary last night echoed a number of issues and concerns ot myself, Kam, Dawg and BoD, and his feelings about possible options vis a vis the upcoming trade feeding frenzy, and the price of making moves, vis a vis the short term and/or the long term. 

* I challenged him a couple of weeks ago vis a vis the narrative which held that we had to offload Randle to make room for Obi, which I characterized as snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  He now speaks of Julius, RJ and IQ as our big three. 

* Hahn views our lack of three point shooting as the main thing holding us back from being a playoff team.  Wally Z. spoke of the frustration Julius feels as a facilitator, making plays, finding open men, who time and time and time again brick the trey, and how the mindset then becomes, WELL, I've got to do it all myself, which is understandably where turnovers come from. 

* As per Kam, Hahn was flabbergasted when in the third quarter, Thibs did not find a few minutes for Frank, as poorly as he felt Elfid was playing. 

* As per Dawg, while he does not demonize Payton on the Biblical level of evisceration as Lester, EP has pretty  much exhausted Hahn's patience.  What did we see last night, like 18 minutes from EP, and 30 from IQ.  The writing is pretty much on the wall, people.  Hahn was talking about how the clock has run out on Payton, and that the Knicks need to find a veteran PG of some sort to supplement IQ, pointing, ironically to the Stricland for Mo Cheeks trade, in which Mo was supposed to function as Mark Jackson's relief pitcher, though that surely went awry...I forget who our dipshit coach and GM were at that point.  Anyone?  Alas, the pickings are rather slim, though the names Rondo, Teague were raised, as was Rose, with little enthusiasm.  For the life of me, I cannot fathom why Frank does not get the opportunity to make a case for himself.  Well, I can fathom it, but Thibs is a rather stubborn fellow. 

* As per BoD, Hahn has pretty much run out of patience with Reggie Bullock, whom he regards as every inch the bust/failed signing that Elfrid is, and he wants to see what the front office is made of regarding getting a SF who can actually shoot threes and play a complete game, let alone a shooting guard who might be available and can nail the trey.  He raised the name of JJ Reddick, which was very interesting.  Does he not have an apartment in NYC?  NOTE: Hahn pointed out that OBI is NOT a three, though he might evolve along those lines over the next couple of years, though in the short term, not a chance, which of course echoes BoD's predilection for picking Deni Avdija or at the very least making a run at Bogdonavich. 

* As per the likes of JJ Reddick, and some infusion of talent, Hahn was VERY Snarky about OVERPAYING.  Several commentators raised the prospect of Zack Levine, which Hahn brushed off on a number of levels, not the least of which was the fit and THE COST.  "I'm not giving up draft picks for anyone not named BRADLEY BEAL."  RIGHT ON.  I like Zack myself, but agree with Hahn...that is a lateral move, not a significant improvement.  And as things stand right now, Knicks faithful, we could very well be looking at TWO LOTTERY PICKS, as Dallas is undergoing a significant meltdown, with Luka pissed and KP seemingly ambulatory only every third game.  Would I trade both of our 2021 picks for Beal?  Moot point.  The Wizards ain't trading him. 

It will be interesting to see how the Knicks and Coach Thibs come back on Wednesday. 

And if there is any market for the likes of Bullock, Knox, Smith, Ntilikina, Payton, Brazdeikis. 

PS: As oer Trader Vic, Facil, Kevin Knox for Malik Monk was floated, which makes some sense for both teams, but based on recent play, one would think that this ship has sailed.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #16799 on: February 02, 2021, 10:22:44 AM »

Knix have been a good 1Q team.  Randle must be the 1Q MVP this year.  He almost always comes out smokin'.

From a quick glance it looks like the Knix were up after 1Q in 7 of the last 9 games.
Were down 5 to the Bulls last game, and 13 down to POR.
But also NYK had a 9 point lead after 1Q @ UTA, and up 11 @ BOS.

I didn't check what the score was when Elf exited and Quix entered.
But 1Q's the Knix tend to play quite well.  Usually a pretty solid offensive flow.  And some teams don't seem ready for our defensive energy and physicality

Seems 4Q we have often have problems and that's often with a lot of Quickly minutes.  But I think a good deal of the 4Q problem is Randle and RJB getting exhausted, bogging down the offense.

Yes, they are playing mucho minutes, but I disagree that they are BOGGING DOWN the offense. 

They ARE THE OFFENSE, and with no one on the team other than IQ to have consistently emerged as scoring, three point threats, RJ and JR both face intense, pitiless pressure to produce in the face of zones and double-triple teams, which also engenders fatigue.  IQ has been great, but he is still reaching for consistency, plus he is seeing serious attention from opposing defense. 

Can't ANYONE his the three with consistency?  Austin Rivers teases with his skill set, every few games having an absolutely unconscious moment. 
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 1844