Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899772 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco likey
« Reply #17175 on: February 16, 2021, 06:21:32 PM »

Knix making Big Plays down the stretch.
Randle with that Looong 3.
RJB hit 2 corner 3's.

RJ hitting clutch 3s has to bring a smile to the face of the most jaded Knicks fan as does Julius finding his range from deep this season.

Great.

So let's trade them and our two #1 picks for Bradley Beal. 

THAT'S HOW KNICKS FANS ROLL.

A sad minority maybe.  Most are fawning over Randle right now.

Heh

I hadnt heard that trade scenario

But bet your last dollar - Knicks are looking for an upgrade to the starting 5.

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Dennis NOT A Menace
« Reply #17176 on: February 17, 2021, 02:27:38 AM »

I have a rooting interest in Dennis Smith. 

Was sad to things spiral out of control in NY.  Loved his game when he came here in 2019-2020. 

Too bad the Knicks did not have the luxury of nurturing his 2020-2021 game.  Thibs had the playoffs in his viewfinder. 

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Smith had a single continuous defect when he was playing here — opposing guards always played better than he did.

It's not that complicated.

Yeah, the idea was that he was young with speed and potential, and he'll eventually find his way. But he never did. He was a pretty mediocre guard on a very mediocre team. And yet even last summer, I believe you were still making noises that this year, this year would be different. But he had two seasons of opportunities with the Knicks to show what he had...and it wasn't a whole lot.

If he elevates his game with the Pistons, cool. Good for the dude. But it wasn't happening with the Knicks.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17177 on: February 17, 2021, 02:46:39 AM »

Once DAL got Luka, their first thought was:
1) WOW!
then
2) Time to move Jr. Smith

Fun to catch the various ex-NBAers calling games:

Jim Jackson on the PHX broadcast.
The other day Drew Gooden was doing the WAS game.
And Alaa Abdelnaby -- born in Egypt, raised in NJ -- was on the Philly telecast.
Got his start announcing NBA games in Arabic on ME satellite TV.

Richard Jefferson does some Nets games and does a good job, being both humorous and informative.
Got his start doing podcasts, which I assume is going to be a common path going forward.  Hone your skills discussing games and plays and players while still playing. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17178 on: February 17, 2021, 02:52:25 AM »

Willy Hernancortez: 14 Pts & 6 O-boards in 19 mins (also 4 fouls).
NOPe with a blowout, so he got good minutes.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Dennis Charles [Jazz Drummer] > Dennis Smith [NBA PG]
« Reply #17179 on: February 17, 2021, 11:01:40 AM »

I have a rooting interest in Dennis Smith. 

Was sad to things spiral out of control in NY.  Loved his game when he came here in 2019-2020. 

Too bad the Knicks did not have the luxury of nurturing his 2020-2021 game.  Thibs had the playoffs in his viewfinder. 

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Smith had a single continuous defect when he was playing here — opposing guards always played better than he did.

It's not that complicated.

Yeah, the idea was that he was young with speed and potential, and he'll eventually find his way. But he never did. He was a pretty mediocre guard on a very mediocre team. And yet even last summer, I believe you were still making noises that this year, this year would be different. But he had two seasons of opportunities with the Knicks to show what he had...and it wasn't a whole lot.

If he elevates his game with the Pistons, cool. Good for the dude. But it wasn't happening with the Knicks.

True Dat.

Hope springs eternal, fueled as it was by his strong play in the spring of 2019 when he first arrived.  As you may recall, Mark Cuban was kvelling about how the Knicks left Dennis available to them at #9 when we took Frank at #8, and his rookie season was quite promising for the Mavs, though when they got wind of what Luka was capable of, well, Dennis' days were numbered. 

Kam had an interesting post.  Did you see it?  As per Dennis first blush as a Knick, Kam noted a performance on Feburay 8, 2019, in which he tallied 31 points and 9 assists. 

And whom did he rack up those stats against?

DETROIT.  Someone took note, and we were lucky enough that the Pistons were in the process of tearing it all down, beginning with the Drummond trade, on to Derrick Rose, and now, they are dangling Blake Griffin.

Sometimes, you simply have to move on from a team, when you have exhausted your possibibilites, and get a fresh start.  Ergo, my rooting interest in Dennis who showed potential straight out of the gate, but got stuck in a rut. 

As per your analysis, no arguments, and it puts me in mind of a famous free jazz pianist, Cecil Taylor, who in his formative years, fronted a trio/quartet for like five years, where he was splitting the difference between working his way through his more in-the-tradition/derivative influences, such as Duke Ellington, Thelonious Monk, Bud Powell, Herbie Nichols and Horace Silver and his own post-mod inclinations, before arriving at his fully formed, frenetic, free jazz approach which became his sonic signature. 

He had a drummer, name of Dennis Charles, who was kind of a next generation Art Blakey. 

When CT moved on, it was to more commanding, freely inflected drummers, such as the innovative Sunny Murray who went on to tear things up with Albert Ayler, and Andrew Cyrille, a remarkably energized rhythmic force field who subsequently played with CT for eleven years.   

The drummer being very akin in a jazz ensemble to how a good point guard nurtures a five man hoops ensemble. 

An elder among the jazz community, my friend Irving Stone, once asked Cecil, as per my Dennie Charles/Dennis Smith metaphor, why he moved on from Brother Charles. 

"I got tired of waiting." 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:04:32 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Progress [Trust The Process]
« Reply #17180 on: February 17, 2021, 06:11:29 PM »

Steve Popper: “They’d be one of the teams you don’t want to play against.” – Orlando’s Steve Clifford on the Knicks. – via Twitter StevePopper

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Progress [Trust The Process]
« Reply #17181 on: February 17, 2021, 06:17:04 PM »

Steve Popper: “They’d be one of the teams you don’t want to play against.” – Orlando’s Steve Clifford on the Knicks. – via Twitter StevePopper

Have a long way to go, but chemistry and camraderie and commitment and accountability go a long, long way--longer than obsessing over "star players" and gutting the team to mollify fair weather fans and embrace quick fixes in pursuit of shiny objects. 

God bless Victor Oladipo, Bradley Beal and Zach Levine, but they are NOT the answer.

Fuck me, they ain't even the question. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: February 17, 2021, 06:23:25 PM »

Opposing player to watch tonight

Michael Carter Williams
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Chemistry And More Fucking Rumors
« Reply #17183 on: February 17, 2021, 06:28:12 PM »

Playing Orlando within the hour, so naturally, the internet is awash with Mo Bamba rumors. 

Orlando picking Mo when they already had the formidable Mister Vucevic, and were kind of thin at PG was curious. 

The Knicks were reportedly looking to move up to take him. 

Ended up getting Mitchell in the second round. 

Again, get your hand off of your dicks, Knicks fans. 

We have Nerlens, and I dare say, all things being equal, would like to explore bringing him back next season, and are digging what he is bringing to Thibs' Dawg Pound this season. 

So my all means, lets spend assets and sunder chemistry on someone who projects when Mitch returns, to be a fourth string center, doesn't know our system, and has been on a steady negative incline entering his third season. 

I mean, DUH. 

Given Perry & Perrin's track record so far, if the Knicks were to reach out, it would be for someone along the lines of a Tyson Chandler as a stop gap. 

DO NOT anticipate any moves. 

PS: Frank Ntilikina returns to the roster tonight. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Chemistry And More Fucking Rumors
« Reply #17184 on: February 17, 2021, 07:01:19 PM »

Playing Orlando within the hour, so naturally, the internet is awash with Mo Bamba rumors. 

Orlando picking Mo when they already had the formidable Mister Vucevic, and were kind of thin at PG was curious. 

The Knicks were reportedly looking to move up to take him. 

Ended up getting Mitchell in the second round. 

Again, get your hand off of your dicks, Knicks fans. 

We have Nerlens, and I dare say, all things being equal, would like to explore bringing him back next season, and are digging what he is bringing to Thibs' Dawg Pound this season. 

So my all means, lets spend assets and sunder chemistry on someone who projects when Mitch returns, to be a fourth string center, doesn't know our system, and has been on a steady negative incline entering his third season. 

I mean, DUH. 

Given Perry & Perrin's track record so far, if the Knicks were to reach out, it would be for someone along the lines of a Tyson Chandler as a stop gap. 

DO NOT anticipate any moves. 

PS: Frank Ntilikina returns to the roster tonight.

Yes, I know, Mo could project as an interesting reclamation project going into next summer if Nerlens walks.  Presuming that he would like to make significant more than 5 million per.  Not to mention Mitchell. 

So, do we REALLY want to make a major investment in Mo FUCKING Bamba. 

This is why Rose & the Knicks lured hired ace capologist Brock Aller away from the Cavs in the spring of 2020.  If you were him, how would you regard these numbers? 

2020-21 $5,969,040   

2021-22  $7,568,743   

2022-23  $10,096,703 [Qualifying Offer]

Folks, that is a lot of money for someone who presently is averaging 8.6 minutes a game. 

Life it tough, but it is a lot tougher when you are stupid. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Game review
« Reply #17185 on: February 17, 2021, 10:14:25 PM »

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: February 17, 2021, 10:34:30 PM »

What website are you on where fans want to trade away Randle and trade for Bamba?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #17187 on: February 17, 2021, 10:38:33 PM »

Q What website are you on where fans want to trade away Randle and trade for Bamba?

A Trump 2024. 😁

Don't worry Chip, we all know you ain't visiting such garbage sites. I just couldn't resist the question 😉
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:41:29 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: February 18, 2021, 12:26:49 AM »

Jeez, I thought Magic were a weak sister and we should beat them.

I need to check out a replay.
What the hell happened to Quixks and Rose?
(while journeyman Burks continues to slump and return towards career averages)

Otherwise, I pegged Mo Bamba at the time as the most likely Top 10 draft bust.
Every year there are 2 or 3 (or more) busts in the Top Ten, so my game is to try to identify them in real time.  Mo Bomb seemed like an obvious reach.

Not sure why Chip is responding to (and spreading) dumb stuff on the internet.
But he's beating up the Scarecrow pretty good ... 

There is a bit of a puzzle.  Knix are playing hard and cohesively; Thibs has them pulling together.  But we do need to upgrade and improve the team.  Obviously Franc and Rivers (and Knox) and  are expendable.  But how much will they bring?  And can we really upgrade and improve without nabbing a starting quality PG.
With Randle, RJB and Mitch all starting a premium is on shooting at the PG and other wing slot.  Can Quix be our starting PG, and if so, when?

So yeah, there will be trade chatter, even if some of it is misguided (like those absurd Zach LaVie trades Chip dragged in from some sewer).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Give that man a MAX deal
« Reply #17189 on: February 18, 2021, 12:52:13 AM »

Tommy Beer
@TommyBeer
·
Feb 16
for those asking:

Porzingis career-highs:
22.7 PPG in 2017-18
9.5 RPG in 19-20
1.8 APG in 19-20
39.5% 3PT% in 17-18

Julius Randle this season:
23.1 PPG
11.0 RPG
5.6 APG
40.6 3PT%

Randle is 26 and will make <$20 million next year

KP is 25 and will make ~$33 million next 3 yrs

Julius Randle is averaging:

*more points than Anthony Davis or Karl-Anthony Towns

*more rebounds than Joel Embiid or Bam Adebayo

*more assists than Jrue Holiday or Donovan Mitchell

And Randle is shooting a higher percentage from 3-point range than Dame Lillard and Buddy Hield
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 1844