Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 910860 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17385 on: March 02, 2021, 10:46:35 AM »

Empty calories there.

But if things continue so choppy, KAT will want out after a while.
But would folks give up say Mitch, RJB, Toppings?
It'd take something like that to get Mini interested. 
Though some picks could be involved. 
Could Thibs make a KAT-Randle defense hold up?

The other option would be a Randle+ trade.

KAT seems like a good guy and has had some tough times.  But is he any kind of leader?  Can he play adequate defense?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17386 on: March 02, 2021, 02:36:43 PM »

We have a good thing going with the players we have at PF and C not to mention depth.

We could blow up chemistry and depth just to see if the Randle KAT pairing works or we could save our powder for a backcourt or wing upgrade.

I prefer to wait for the free agent upgrade in the backcourt.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #17387 on: March 02, 2021, 02:44:01 PM »

I'm delighted that there doesn't seem to be any "let's sign DeMarcus Cousins" sentiment expressed.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17388 on: March 02, 2021, 03:01:49 PM »

Trae Young, coach killer.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Trade Nonsense
« Reply #17389 on: March 02, 2021, 06:11:02 PM »

Thibs has developed terrific chemistry, so let's explore the search for the shiny object.  Someone shoot me.

If we had followed this MORONIC path, we'd have already traded Julius for a sack of shit. 

Thankfully Leon Rose has remained calm, remained prudent, remained patient. 

OKAY?  Why trade half our team for Victor O. when RJ is peaking, and we could explore reaching out to him as a FA next summer?

PS...No...MAKE THAT...P-FUCKING-S:  Build through the draft, player development and patience.  PATIENCE.  I respect Danny Ainge, but the Celtics are suffering from making a move or two too many, too ambitious, at too high a price.  I am all for targetting world class talent, should some present itself.  Having said that, WAIT FOR THE FUCKING SUMMER, when we have had a chance to show some character in possibly making the playoffs, and perhaps even getting out of the first or second round? 

PPS: Having said all that, trading now for Victor?  Who I like.  Giving away our entire team and all of our draft assets for KAT.  Who I like.  You know who has an opt out in his contract this summer?  Admittedly a long, Long LONG SHOT. 

KAWHI LEONARD

Whom I LOVE

Patience
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 07:48:46 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
LONG SHOT
« Reply #17390 on: March 02, 2021, 06:30:16 PM »

Thibs has developed terrifiv chemistry, so let's explore the search for the shiny object.  Someone shoot me.

If we had followed this MORONIC path, we'd have already traded Julius for a sack of shit. 

OKAY?  Why trade half our team for Victor O. when RJ is peaking, and we could explore reaching out to him as a FA next summer?

PS...No...MAKE THAT...P-FUCKING-S:  Build through the draft, player development and patience.  PATIENCE.  I respect Danny Ainge, but the Celtics are suffering from making a move or two too many, too ambitious, at too high a price.  I am all for targetting world class talent, should some present itself.  Having said that, WAIT FOR THE FUCKING SUMMER, when we have had a chance to show some character in possibly making the playoffs, and perhaps even getting out of the first or second round? 

PPS: Having said all that, trading now for Victor?  Who I like.  Giving away our entire team and all of our draft assets for KAT.  Who I like.  You know who has an opt out in his contract this summer?  Admittedly a long, Long LONG SHOT. 

KAWHI LEONARD

Whom I LOVE

Patience

Think that might satisfy BoD's search for a certifiable 3&D holy grail?

Having rolled that long shot set of dice?

Two mid-first round picks + Detroit's second rounder + not squandering our youthful assets = the possibility of moving up in the first round to get a shot at someone more elite. 

Or not.  We picked IQ with the #25 pick, so there is something to be said for standing pat and trusting your scouting.   

chipstern

• View Profile
Derrick Out
« Reply #17391 on: March 02, 2021, 08:11:12 PM »

Safety Protocols

Next Man Up?

FRANK

Plus IQ. 

Might there be an Austin Rivers siting? 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17392 on: March 02, 2021, 09:07:21 PM »

Thibs has developed terrific chemistry, so let's explore the search for the shiny object.  Someone shoot me.

Chip's first day out of Kid's dog house - just too boring in here otherwise

I have never really said word one about dealing Randle - was on an island last year in praising his game/potential - and RJ deal has been an afterthought - only considered for a star we could keep long term.

Overheard on FAN last night - "Barrett could be an All Star"

I just dont see it.  He has less than average counter moves and vision when driving
Doesnt block or even affect shots.  And
all but medium level 2s and 3sre beyond his defensive top level (good team defender?  I will give you that)

RJ's character is indeed reason enough to keep him off trade sheets, ideally.  No, I do not think he would be in a Towns deal, though almost surely Robinson would.

VERY NICE PLAYER at peak.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17393 on: March 02, 2021, 09:13:51 PM »

METS are better with Lindor and Carasco, Millar and Almora than with Rosario and Jimenez, Matz and Marisnick - who were (all 4) excellent chraracter guys who oft times produced just fine.

Get that GOOOOOOOOd chicken for the salad.  Not just back and wing meat.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17394 on: March 02, 2021, 09:17:34 PM »

Two mid-first round picks + Detroit's second rounder + not squandering our youthful assets = the possibility of moving up in the first round to get a shot at someone more elite.

I highly doubt anyone deals out of any of the top 8 picks this year

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17395 on: March 02, 2021, 09:37:50 PM »

Frank left Mills wide open on that shot to end the half but it was the fault of playing zone there.  Shitty defensive coaching.  Who was Noel guarding?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Next 10 Games - Record Prediction
« Reply #17396 on: March 02, 2021, 10:08:57 PM »

@ WAS
HOU
ATL
@ ORL
SAS
MIN
GSW
SAC
IND
DET

I rosily predict 7-3 over the next ten "easy" stretch of games.   

I'll take 6-4.  Any less and it's a bad sign for playoff hopes.

Anyone else got any predictions?

no takers on prediction?

7-2 over that stretch.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17397 on: March 02, 2021, 10:50:56 PM »

We’re at .500 again, scoring a half point more than our opponents at the half way mark.

And the Pistons are gonna be pissed.

Very interesting game coming up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17398 on: March 02, 2021, 10:51:42 PM »

I like Trey Lyles and KBD.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17399 on: March 02, 2021, 10:59:25 PM »

Very ugly effort tonight against a team that played last night.  The Spurs are good.
Pages: 1 ... 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 ... 1847