Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 911686 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17460 on: March 07, 2021, 07:21:49 PM »

They should've had a spin move in the skills challenge.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17461 on: March 07, 2021, 10:11:09 PM »

OBI acquitted himself well.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Julius & Son
« Reply #17462 on: March 08, 2021, 12:04:14 PM »

Kyden Randle. 

So cute.  Really moved to to see him interact with his father. 

Speaking of which...saw a photo I was not able to track down in a Google search of Papa J holding him up at the All-Star game, and I was kind of freaked how LONG he already was. I mean, he is only 4.  Yikes. 

In Julius mea cupla to Knicks fans, I was taken by how it freaked him when Kyden was imitating him arguing with the refs, like, WHERE'S MY CALL, and how it motivated him to back up and reflect on how he was projecting to Knicks fans as well as his own son. 

Keep on keeping on, JR.  BoD is waiting for you in the Playoffs Suite with a Shanghai Surprise.  I am told he can be VERY generous. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17463 on: March 08, 2021, 04:15:41 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17464 on: March 08, 2021, 04:39:54 PM »

Poor baby, the convo is not to your liking.  So sad.
You got nothing to say, say nothing.

Randle copped to having some empty calorie numbers last year.
He changed his body, his approach and his game.
Deserved to be an all-star (but so did Bam).

My concern is whether Randle can keep it up a full season.  And then another year. And then another 4 years.  When you hit a peak it doesn't mean you plateau at that level or continue to ascend.

It isn't easy to be locked in and focused and disciplined a full 72 (formerly 82) games.  We've already seen Randle slip a bit the past 10 games or so -- getting a bit sloppy with turnovers (passes to no one here and there) and playing some iffy D (I'd argue that Randle was a better team defender next to Mitch, and that's part of it).   

Dr. Julius continues to be locked in on scoring where his baseline J and 3's have been impressive.  But his drives and drive-and-kicks have been less threatening lately.  Some of it no doubt is the workload Thibs gives him.  AS game hopefully allowed Randle to relax and recharge.  I wish we had a defensive PF who could come in and spell Randle.  But Obi hasn't been a disaster on that end.

Randle seems like a good guy who gives a damn.  But also needs more help on the court.  With a legit starting PG and some reliable shooters (are we ever allowed to have a 3&D wing?), Randle could hone his game and likely maintain a high level.  I still don't think this is a genuine .500 team.  That's where things stand after an easy stretch of games (did you see all the nobodaddies DET was running out there?).  Schedule gets tougher from here on out. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17465 on: March 08, 2021, 05:40:00 PM »

Bo, we start 2 3&D wings and bring Frank off the bench as a third.

Rose does more than enough well enough as a starting PG to help everyone he plays with shine.

I expect a fight between Frank, Payton, and Quickley for reserve guard minutes heading into the second half.

It’s possible Thibs still starts Payton, but it’s clear Rose deserves more minutes especially to close.

Playmakers getting guys shots is more of an issue than shooters. Our percentages are fine and trending up. Our attempts are still way low.

We’re 12th in the league at .372 3pt% as a team on 10 fewer attempts a game than our opponents.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:43:03 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17466 on: March 08, 2021, 06:06:36 PM »

I like Bullox, but he's really a backup player.
RJB is not a 3 & D guy.  He's done well with the 3-ball lately, but can also go real cold.  His team defense is pretty solid especially on weakside closeouts.  But he's otherwise still a subpar defender.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17467 on: March 08, 2021, 06:10:00 PM »

My concern is whether Randle can keep it up a full season.  And then another year. And then another 4 years.  When you hit a peak it doesn't mean you plateau at that level or continue to ascend.

Oh well - that's pro sports, my friend

So which way do you choose kif youa re the Knicks?

1 -TRADE Julius for a package that includes picks

2 - Let Julius play next year and then see what offers you need to match - with the risk of losing him altogether

3 - Extend Julius at big dollars now (I am talking 4-120 for '22-'26)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17468 on: March 08, 2021, 06:15:43 PM »

Randle seems like a good guy who gives a damn.  But also needs more help on the court.  With a legit starting PG and some reliable shooters (are we ever allowed to have a 3&D wing?), Randle could hone his game and likely maintain a high level.  I still don't think this is a genuine .500 team.  That's where things stand after an easy stretch of games (did you see all the nobodaddies DET was running out there?).  Schedule gets tougher from here on out

I think the problem, Bo - is that you do not watch enough of the games.

Nobody who has half a brain and watches full contests would say that Julius has slipped

But your stats says so.  ding ding - a real winner.

And Bullock and Burks are giving you exactly what you say we do not have.  OK< so they don't defend like Covington.  I give you that.  But this year RC is not shooting it like our guys, is he?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17469 on: March 08, 2021, 06:38:00 PM »

Mikal Bridges in Phoenix is this years 3&D prototype if you are keeping it under the all-star level.

4 for 120 is team friendly for Randle.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17470 on: March 09, 2021, 12:10:22 AM »

I think the problem, Bo - is that you do not watch enough of the games.
Nobody who has half a brain and watches full contests would say that Julius has slipped
But your stats says so.  ding ding - a real winner.

I've seen most Knick games this year, and probably 18 of the last 20.  Maybe 19.  Got a good replay site online.  It also allows you to replay possessions and pinpoint mistakes.  (like the other day I blamed Franc for giving Randle the ball in the backcourt twice before the half, and then looked again and saw they were Quickly's faux pas).

I cited no stats; looked up no stats.
Just watch the games, Dr. Julius's assists are down and turnovers up.  Last 10 games or so Clyde has taken to saying that turnovers are Randle's nemesis.  Weren't hearing that earlier in the year.  Didn't see passes to no one back then.  Earlier in the year, Randle's turnovers seemed to mostly come 4Q when the guy was often exhausted. 

While Randle has made a lot more defensive mistakes the past dozen games.  His stellar scoring has hid this slippage from some.  Looks to me like Randle is a little mentally and physically fatigued and hasn't been able to keep things at a very high level across the board.  Probably also some regression, as old habits are hard yo overcome.

And Bullock and Burks are giving you exactly what you say we do not have.  OK< so they don't defend like Covington.  I give you that.  But this year RC is not shooting it like our guys, is he?

Again, Bullox is more a 3&D player at the backup level on a good playoff team, or at the best the weakest link.  RegBull has been a good defender this year.  And his 1Q shooting/scoring has been nice.  But he often goes passive/disappears the 2nd half.
Burks is a subpar defender and 35% 3-pointer for the past 2 months.
Agree they've done an adequate job.  Can help you finish close to .500
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17471 on: March 09, 2021, 01:21:25 AM »

Please - just stop.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17472 on: March 09, 2021, 04:08:12 AM »

Randle started out averaging 4.5 TO’s in December then he dropped to 3 per which he has maintained into the break. That would be good for a 20 and 10 guy who wasn’t averaging more than 5 dimes. He is averaging more than 5 dimes and 20 and 10. I think that’s pretty good. Could it be better? Sure, it could be better. If he cut his turnovers and closed out 3 point shooters better, he’d be an MVP candidate. As it is, he’s carrying us and dealing well with the load.

We want Randle for the next five years and Rose for two or three of them at least, even if we draft a stud guard and expect to keep developing Quickley.

I hope we stand pat or move at the margins while the rumor mill swirls and trade season runs it’s course.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17473 on: March 09, 2021, 09:13:23 AM »

First 20

Knicks 9-11

Next 17 - Knicks 10-7

LAST SEVENTEEN Randle's numbers are act11ually better pretty much across the board (assists I think came down from 6 per early)

Has two 30-point games

30 - accomplished in first stretch of games, 44 pt game in second stretch.

Game score average almost 2 ticks higher (19+ vs 17+)

see

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/randlju01/gamelog/2021

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17474 on: March 09, 2021, 09:27:04 AM »

RE:  Bullock

I am not disagreeing with Bo's assessment that his position could be upgraded

Burks is the better player.  Reggie fits better with our other starters.  Together I think they are a pretty darn good tandem, if sans All Star potential.
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 1848