Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 910731 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
3 & D Anyone?
« Reply #17565 on: March 16, 2021, 12:33:08 PM »

Reggie Bullock turns 30 today. 

PS: In Thibs We Trust. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17566 on: March 16, 2021, 12:34:00 PM »

The end of the game took forever.
But the Knix ran a clinic on trapping and guarding inbounds plays.
Look like a well-coached team that had practiced such.

Would have been interesting if no foul was called on the Harris trap, as Knix would have had a steal and layup.

Otherwise, that's the first I've seen of Claxton.  Interesting player.  Long and mobile.

Knox needs to watch how RJB uses his body and is physical to get layups to go.

6 min left in the game, RJB is bringing the ball upcourt, as Franc runs to spot up in the corner.  And Kyrie just picks RJ's pocket.  We need to have our PG's bring the ball up.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
THANK YOU CHIP - Re: NO QUIT
« Reply #17567 on: March 16, 2021, 02:28:08 PM »

If Durant can ever get healthy and Griffin can stay healthy, the Nyets are a scary prospect.  Too bad Dimwiddie got hurt. 

Harden playing a different role with Nyets than with Houston. Don' t know if BoD recalls but we had an argument some years ago as to whether Harden was a PG or not.  Be that as it may have been, he sure as hell is one now.  Some of his passes in transition were breathtaking.

And Kyrie.  Enigmatic fellow, personality wise...bailing on pressers on one hand, funding scholarships on the other...thought it was cute watching him chat up Thibs on the sideline and getting some smiles out of the dour one. 

On the court?  Don't think I have seen anyone this season where I had a sense of them being so utterly unstoppable.  There was a play on the baseline where IQ was on him, practically in his shorts, good defensive posture and aggression; Kyrie gave him the okeydoke, fell back awkwardly, creating seperation...SWISH. 

And like Kam says, no MORAL VICTORIES, and even with that blown call that rightfully set Julius into a rage, Thibs' charges had no quit in them.  GRINDERS.  And not just gritty, but SMART.  Those defensive stands in the final 30 seconds were epic.  The fact that we were even IN THE GAME, with Harden having an Oscar Robertson-scale triple double, and Irving hittins what, like 3/4 of his shots [13-18], let alone in a position to tie it up and force overtime.  DAMN. 

Hey, even without that blown call, the Nyets won fair and square. 

Frank [+5] couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but he was tough and in their faces defensively, and got whistled on some pretty questionable calls.  Bullock [+1] was on fire from the opening bell, even if he cooled late, and his defense was exemplary.  Our only pluses on the +/- scale. Well, excuse me, THE CAPTAIN with 33-12-6 and 3 steals. 

IQ was only 6-19 with 2 assists, but he had 21 points and no turnovers while getting schooled by Kyrie, but he never backed down.  Still see him more as a Lou Williams kind of combo than a pure point, but it is still very early.  He COMPETES.  Our Puppy. 

And while no one was looking, no RJ's shot was erratic, but in lieu of that his downhill game was agressive and seemingly unstoppable, as got to the line time after time, and converted 10-of-10.  Roll that around on the tip of your tongue.  21 with 6 boards, 4 assists, a block and a steal.  Another day at the office.  He COMPETES.  Our Puppy. 

And Julius, our Julius.  Ain't that A MAN?

All of this after getting bitch slapped by Milwaukee. 

Other teams have more sheer talent and firepower, but we COMPETE for 48 minutes.  This was the kind of game would have been over by the end of the first quarter by and large for the past 20 years. 

THIBS!

Thank you Chip, once and a while you write PURE POETRY, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I really mean it, beautiful post to relate a beautiful game.

...the final 30 seconds were epic, pure epic poetry.

So I had to repost the whole of your post. I know this annoys BoZ, sorry but I had to do it, because it deserves to be reposted in its entirety.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17568 on: March 16, 2021, 02:55:44 PM »

Harden playing a different role with Nyets than with Houston. Don' t know if BoD recalls but we had an argument some years ago as to whether Harden was a PG or not.  Be that as it may have been, he sure as hell is one now.  Some of his passes in transition were breathtaking.

Good post, I agree.  But this part isnt true.

Waiting for Durant to come back and see if - as Bo says - he wrecks the chemistry/production of this offensive juggernaut

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17569 on: March 16, 2021, 05:17:39 PM »

So....

no Embiid, no Simmons tonight?

chipstern

• View Profile
No Wire Hangers
« Reply #17570 on: March 16, 2021, 06:06:48 PM »

Opposing team member on Andre Drummond-Julius Randle fit: I don't love it for Randle

Reacting to a report that the Knicks are considering signing Andre Drummond to a multi-year contract, one opposing team questioned Drummond’s fit on the club. “I don’t love it for Randle,” the team said. “Drummond plays close to the rim, so you’re limiting what Randle can do. Long-term, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.” – via SportsNet New York

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17571 on: March 16, 2021, 06:18:24 PM »

Let me guess - Nets player?

heh

chipstern

• View Profile
High Five
« Reply #17572 on: March 16, 2021, 06:21:15 PM »

Thanks Carlos. 

Thibs inspired me. 

Nothing says Knicks basketball or evokes the ghosts of Red Holzman and Dave DeB like DEFENSE. 

PS: Worth noting that Milwaukee bitch slapped us after we started the season by bitch slapping them.  That's what contenders do.  When do we see the Nyets at MSG.  That should be peachy.

PPS: Don't know if anyone noticed it, but when Julius was walked off the court towards the locker room last night, who was there to give him an attaboy, we'll get em next time?  Leon Rose and Scott Perry.  If Aller or Perrin or any of the other PoohBahs were there, I didn't notice, but while we are singing Thibs' praises, let's save a little love for RightOnLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeOn. 

Meanwhile.  Baby steps, Leon.  Don't over reach.  Fuck Andre Drummond.  That is not a midseason move in any event.  Maybe find a soft landing for Austin.  Perhaps explore one for Frank as well in lieu of a pricey qualifying offer this summer.  OR NOT? 

PPPS: Meanwhile, don't go pissing away cap space on shiny objects.  BoD seems like a nice fellow.  Least ways he bleeds blue & orange.  In lieu of bringing back Reggie for Coach Thibs, let's get him his ideal 3 & D this summer.  Think....KAWHI LEONARD.  Ommmmmmm.  Did I mention how we should not take the Andre Drummond bait?  As you were, Leon.  Kawhi.  A long shot, but hey, stranger things have happenned.
Anyone project Wayward Gordon Hayward in Charlotte?  Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17573 on: March 16, 2021, 06:23:38 PM »

What I've said is the Nets have played better with 2 or their Big 3 out there.
It's just simpler and clearer how to run the offense.
Maybe it's just that all 3 haven't had time together.
But Kyrie, Harden, Durant and Joe Harris together makes for some awfully iffy D.
The Dant out-score'em philosophy has never gotten too far.

I did have money down that Kyrie and Durant weren't going to lead the Nets to the Finals.  But Harden is another thing altogether.  And Harden is playing differently than in HOU.  Running more PnR's and fewer iso plays.  Taking fewer 3's, especially fewer step back 3's.  Passing more.  Going to the rim and FT line less.  Not a complete reinvention, but a definite change.

It's really helped that Bruce Brown and Jeff Green have had career years, and part of that is the gravity of Harden/Kyrie/Durant.  And we'll see how Blake meshes.  A very willing passer, but he slows things down too.

The East is wide open.
Bucks are good but need a closer and have a mediocre bench.
PHI is still dealing with issues.
Both of them better regular season than playoff teams.
BOS & TOR can win a playoff series but don't look like real contenders.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17574 on: March 16, 2021, 06:30:39 PM »

Picked my second bracket today, which I do not usually do

Nod to the great "how isnt he in the Hall?" Bob Huggins, WVA over Iowa.

First sheet I went more chalk - Gonzaga to take it all.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17575 on: March 16, 2021, 06:31:55 PM »

BOS & TOR Indiana can win a playoff series but don't look like real contenders.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17576 on: March 16, 2021, 06:33:06 PM »

Bulldog Drummond is not what the Knix need.
He needs to undergo a Randle conversion to fitness and discipline.

Referee Scott Foster explained why the travel call was made after the game.

"The defender was deemed to touch the ball but not cause it to be dislodged or loose," he told the pool reporter. "Upon that, when the player alights, he cannot purposely drop the ball or dribble the ball or be first to touch after he dropped the ball."

In its Last Two Minute Report, the NBA said Foster was correct in his ruling.

That's what I thought.  It's different if the ball is knocked loose, but that wasn't the case here.  Randle needed to either shoot or pass.  Kyrie makes some sneaky good defensive plays now and then.

I liked ObiT getting in front of Randle and not letting him get too close to the ref.  Need a big guy to slow down an enraged Big.  A bit of a tricky thing for a rook to have to do, but that showed some maturity and smarts.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17577 on: March 16, 2021, 06:41:59 PM »

Bulldog Drummond is not what the Knix need.

Makes us better

For Rivers, Frank and a #2........

I think I'd pull the trigger.

But no extension.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17578 on: March 16, 2021, 06:49:10 PM »

Funny he never made his own teams better.

I used to be a Drummond backer.
Too sloppy, too iffy on D.
Needs a mental tuneup.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17579 on: March 16, 2021, 06:51:52 PM »

Quiz

Drummond would be Number SEVEN on this list

Name to active leaders in WIN SHARES who have played for the Knicks