Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912040 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17670 on: March 20, 2021, 09:40:57 PM »

Hawks over Lakers today

yyyyep....
James got hurt.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17671 on: March 21, 2021, 02:16:39 AM »

I wouldn’t go that far yet. They are definitely better and more fun to watch. I give them a lot of credit for having gotten that far already. There’s still a lot more building left to go.

“As constructed” doesn’t mean no more building.  Just means the materials for the build are mostly in place. I am including the near-future picks in my assessment and maybe a minor free agent or two with cap. 

In other words ... no trades.  Except the ones Brock Aller deems  prudent for the balance sheet.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Brock Aller
« Reply #17672 on: March 21, 2021, 10:19:02 AM »

Our One Stop Shopper For Value. 

Be interesting to see what players are bought out, and who if any have any relevance to the Knicks. 

Under such circumstances, not sure if Thibs would be interested in the likes of Drummond or Aldridge based either on fit or their inclination to play for a more obvious playoff ready team. 

Drummond and Aldridge would both seem better suited to the likes of the Nyets and the Celtics, the Lakers and Clippers.

Others, such as Otto Porter would certainly be interesting, but for the Knicks?  With Bullock.

JJ Reddick?  Now there's a thought. 

I'm wondering if the Kings are going retain Hassan Whiteside. 

Other than Reddick, I would suggest that no one is ringing any bells for the Knicks. 

PS: Not advocating for Kevin Love, God forbid, a ghost of his former self at 32, who seemingly cannot stay healthy.  $31,258,256, $31,258,256, $28,942,830.  Look at those numbers.  Who in their right mind would trade for him? 

PPS: I'm wondering how complicit Brock Aller as head of strategic planning was in Love's 4-year contract with the Cavs.  It appears as if Koby Altman, who took over for David Griffin as General Manager, would hve had the final say on trades, draft picks and free agents. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17673 on: March 21, 2021, 12:33:06 PM »

I wouldn’t go that far yet. They are definitely better and more fun to watch. I give them a lot of credit for having gotten that far already. There’s still a lot more building left to go.

“As constructed” doesn’t mean no more building.  Just means the materials for the build are mostly in place. I am including the near-future picks in my assessment and maybe a minor free agent or two with cap. 

In other words ... no trades.  Except the ones Brock Aller deems  prudent for the balance sheet.

No trades

Real smart

So the players you are adding in the draft and free agency just either sit the bench or send current players there, rather than get assets back for them?

Or are you going 12-13 deep next year?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17674 on: March 21, 2021, 01:52:55 PM »

No trades

Real smart

So the players you are adding in the draft and free agency just either sit the bench or send current players there, rather than get assets back for them?

Trades deemed cap wise by Aller- Yes.  Like a trade of a player we don’t want on the cap for a less expensive player or a future pick.

Trades where we send out picks to make a playoff push - No.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Kamster, you don't understand...
« Reply #17675 on: March 21, 2021, 03:59:32 PM »

No trades

Real smart

Trades deemed cap wise by Aller- Yes.  Like a trade of a player we don’t want on the cap for a less expensive player or a future pick.

...so I'll let Chamaco Cartero himself explain it one more time:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 05:57:57 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17676 on: March 21, 2021, 06:02:18 PM »

No trades

Real smart

Even if it's a player that can help beyond this year?

I disagree

We won't be making all our future picks

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Another confirmation...
« Reply #17677 on: March 21, 2021, 06:37:31 PM »

No trades

Real smart

Even if it's a player that can help beyond this year?

I disagree

We won't be making all our future picks

...also by Chamaco-Cartero-hisself.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
DAMN
« Reply #17678 on: March 21, 2021, 11:02:57 PM »

We was robbed!!!

🏀😡

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17679 on: March 21, 2021, 11:15:38 PM »

I never realized how good Danny Green’s tattoos are till today.

If I weren’t 3 or 4 games ahead of schedule on my win prediction, I would have been upset by this game.

Our defense is way ahead of our offense and our general chill in the frontcourt. Our defense still has a way to go.

Taj or Knox would do a little more than the pure goose egg with Obi’s minutes. A board, a steal, a dime, something, perhaps even a made shot.

We missed our chances and got hung with a loss, but we banged with them all damn night.

The refs hating the Knicks is becoming something of a national story between the Nyets game and tonight.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17680 on: March 21, 2021, 11:31:52 PM »

Self-inflected loss.  Bad fucking loss.  Fucking box out and then you don't need to be doing stupid shit.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The other Knicks
« Reply #17681 on: March 22, 2021, 12:31:09 AM »

Today your Portland Kincks lost (finally) to the Dallas Knicks.

From what I see on the box score, everybody was off on the Portland Knicks and Luka was just un-phucking-stoppable. On fire this evening!

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
Epic Loss
« Reply #17682 on: March 22, 2021, 10:10:59 AM »

Self-inflected loss.  Bad fucking loss.  Fucking box out and then you don't need to be doing stupid shit.

Hate to be so one-note, but that's the kind of thing that occurs when a guy is out there 46 minutes and is tired.  On a last second shot like that, you know guys are going to crash the boards, as PHI needed a score down 1.

I think Thibs got flustered and messed up on that as well.  He called timeout and complained but never asked for the challenge.  I assume because the push-in-the-back foul was fairly clear.  But with 5 secs left in OT, what do you have to lose by challenging.

One thing I can tell you true: PHI does not want to see NYK in the playoffs.  We can hold their O in check and games become a grind out toss up.  Knix as an 8th seed would not make Doc & Co. happy.

Otherwise a game goes on long enough and there's plenty of opportunity for redemption.  Burks had a blah game through 3Q's,  Then to start the 4Q, he lazily followed his man on a cross-court cut, meandered and got screened off, allowing Thybulle a wide open 3.  Thibs immediately called Time.
And then Burks was lights out most of the 4Q and OT, along with getting steals and making passes.  Suddenly it was all-star Burks for 15 mins.

Bullox played superb D on Tobias, just crushing his spirit most of the 2nd half.  Some double-teams helped, but Reg really stymied Harris (how many times did Clyde mention that if Harris thinks of himself as an All-Star he needs to take over?  -- he really latched on to that).  Then Tobias misses a pair of FT's at the end of reg that would have sealed it.  Then Harris was doing a great job of guarding Randle in the corner, but inexplicably backed off for a second apparently worried about a drive when Knix needed a 3.  And a rather lucky 3 it was.  Randle coming through again.

Then Harris makes 2 FT's to win it in OT.
Sorry folks, but I want Randle fresher for crunch time.
ObiT can't give us 10-15 mins.  Or de-mothball Knox for 5 mins.

Granny Deen was a complete mofo on D, and then popped some key 3's in OT.
Thybulle and Simmons get a ton of deflections.  Green just went for tie-ups.
Was something watching Green and Bullox just play their asses off on D.
47 mins for Reg.

PHI makes some terrible passes.
Both teams with tons of turnovers and lots of missed FT's.
Old style slugfest.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17683 on: March 22, 2021, 10:28:45 AM »

0 assists from Quickly.
I guess that's why Burks was the PG most of the 4Q and OT.

Knix had 17 turnovers and just 16 assists (and that's after OT)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17684 on: March 22, 2021, 11:34:11 AM »

0 assists from Quickly.

All together now -

QUICKLEY IS NOT A POINT GUARD
Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 1848