Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 911897 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17685 on: March 22, 2021, 11:58:25 AM »

So...

3 games ahead of Raptors, who are better than us but cant seem to get out of their own way

Should we be looking LOTTERY again?

Wiz for 2 this week.  Actually a dangerous team.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17686 on: March 22, 2021, 01:23:15 PM »

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17687 on: March 22, 2021, 01:31:19 PM »

IQ is Gerald Wilkins TICKY BURDENwith a 3-ball.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 03:45:03 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17689 on: March 22, 2021, 03:41:33 PM »

Funny, I was just thinking about Gerald Wilkins as a pre-cursor to IQ. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Gerald
« Reply #17690 on: March 22, 2021, 05:48:47 PM »

Not quite sure what you see in IQ, stylistically of physically that suggests Gerlad Wilkins. 

Gerald did indeed have some facilitating skills [averaging 3.5 assists as a Knick], but was a .750% FT shooter and not a particularly reliable long range shooter. 

At 6'6" he was more of a down hill swing wing like RJ, though I see Barrett as having way more upside and a more mature character. 

IQ puts me more in mind of tweener scaled combo guard/sixth men sparkplugs, such as 6'1" Lou Williams, 6'2" Vinnie Johnson, 6'3" Avery Bradley, all of whom were admittedly closer to scorers than pure dead eye dicks, but who played an all around game and who could heat up in a hurry off of the bench. 

For A Rookie, An Unfinished Product
Playing 20 minutes a night off the bench as a rookie

12.7 ppg
2.3 boards
2.3 assists
.886% FT
.371% Trey

Not too shabby.  And nothing to sneer at, unless of course....you just like to fart in a small room to get your sneer on. 

Still a rough jewel, but feisty, aggressive, competitive on D. 

Is he a Lead Pony? 

Could be in time, as the game slows down and he learns to play more under control, tremendous upside. 

Not surprisingly some of his best work was as a complementary, second banana to Derrick and Austin. 

He is in the mix for ROY along with LaMelo and Tyrese. 

All this and he hasn't even made it once around the league. 

We've all seen how RJ was able to raise his game with a year under his belt, and a greater sense of what his strengths were.  And a willingness to work on his weaknesses. 

chipstern

• View Profile
An Immortal
« Reply #17691 on: March 22, 2021, 05:54:00 PM »

ELGIN BAYLOR...

To All Those Tadpoles Who Reflexively Proclaim MJ The GOAT, Clearly, You Never Saw Elgin Baylor Transform The Small Forward Position On Both Ends Of The Floor. 

I remember seeing him play a lot as a kid, and it seemed like he just scored at will.  Inside.  Outside.  Off the driible.  Pick and roll.  Finesse.  Brute strength.  Elgin was a force of nature. 

After Chamberlain, Russell and Pettit, Elgin Was The Most Dominant, Unstoppable Player In The Game

From 1959-63, You Could Pencil Elgin In For 34 Points, 17 Boards, 4.5 Assists And 11.5 FTA Per Game Over Roughly 42.5 Minutes A Night, And Who Along With Fellow Hall Of Famer Jerry West, Led The Lakers--Playing The Brooklyn Dodgers To The Celtics' New York Yankees--To One Epic And Ultimately Heartbreaking Six Or Seven Game NBA FINALS Encounter After Another.

The Celtics had this Russell fellow who broke a lot of hearts, players as elevated as Wilt and the Big O. 

A Peaceful Journey, Sir.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 05:57:05 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Reasons For Not Rushing Into Trades And Blowing Off Assets For SHINY OBJECTS
« Reply #17692 on: March 22, 2021, 06:27:39 PM »

Cavaliers haven't found taker for Andre Drummond, his attitude a reason why

As for (what the Cavs hope is) their key trade piece, last season’s leading NBA rebounder, Andre Drummond, they still can’t find any takers. What most teams would have to throw in to satisfy the salary requirements of a swap (he makes nearly $29 million) is definitely a huge hurdle for the Cavs to clear, and there are some reputational issues to consider. – via David Aldridge, Sam Amick, Joe Vardon, John Hollinger, Shams Charania,

Before the Cavs decided to bench Drummond until they could trade him, they asked him multiple times to accept playing fewer minutes, with Jarrett Allen on the roster, and even asked him to come off the bench. He refused, and there are teams that otherwise would be interested in considering a trade for him that are aware of such issues. If/when he gets a buyout, as is oft-reported, there will be a number of suitors for him. So his attitude is not a deal-breaker; it’s just a second reason to pause when most teams would also have to consider giving up rotation players just to make a trade for Drummond work
– via David Aldridge, Sam Amick, Joe Vardon, John Hollinger, Shams Charania, The Athletic NBA Staff @ The Athletic

If I were the CAVS, and Drummond did not give back a substantial amount of money in a buyout, I would simply let him twiddle his thumbs. 

As for the Knicks....SERIOUSLY.  This is someone we are interested in?

God KNOWS, I hope not. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17693 on: March 22, 2021, 09:49:55 PM »

Could be in time, as the game slows down and he learns to play more under control, tremendous upside.

I think Quicks is close to a finished product

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17694 on: March 22, 2021, 11:26:01 PM »

Drummond's motivation and attitude have always been suspect.

ATL on the way to their 9th straight win.  Up 18 on the Clips.
Can't wait til they get D'Hunter back.
Btw, Hawks were up on Lakes when LeBJ got his boo-boo.

IQ has that twitchy energy that reminds me of Wilkins.
It always seemed like Wilkins was coked up.
He was energy and made things happen (but also could be sloppy).

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #17695 on: March 23, 2021, 09:43:55 AM »

Why?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17696 on: March 23, 2021, 10:39:25 AM »

One thing is the league is starting to adjust to Quix.
You saw Danny Green know that when trailing Quickly over a screen, not to get caught directly behind IQ, and that IQ is likely to shoot a floater (doesn't pass much once in the paint), so Green got on the side of IQ and was able to block or bother his shot.  Bigger G's give IQ more trouble.

Also IQ likes to go right off screens to drive, and shoot 3's from the top of the arc.  Lately has started side-stepping to the left to get off 3's.

So as teams have by now scouted IQ and learned his tendencies, IQ will need to counter the defensive counters.

As far as improvement, I think IQ has been a better on-ball defender recently.
And has started taking some longer 3's and quick 3's, with fairly good success.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
IQ
« Reply #17697 on: March 23, 2021, 11:05:28 AM »

Why?

You need to understand.

Why? Because Chamaco Cartero says so.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Man Coulter With The Drive By Flatulence [Re: IQ]
« Reply #17698 on: March 23, 2021, 01:39:14 PM »

Why?

You need to understand.

Why? Because Chamaco Cartero says so.

Ah Yes.

This is precisely why I finally put Man Coulter on IGNORE. 

Out of sight, out of mind. 

But there is, however, no sidestepping the lingering stench of his olafactoral emissions, as they resonate throughout the forum. 

The greater majority of Knicks Nation, not to mention Thibs & Our Coaching Staff, are in love with our Puppy In Training, Our Uninfished Symphony. so of course MC, in order to prove how much smarter he is than all of these deluded fans, much as when we were berated for not having the prescience as he did coming out in favor or drafting Maxey instead of Quickley and trumpeting such insights to the groundlings, never mind that Philly snapped him up several slots ahead of us.   That was what originally inspired me to say hasta la vista. 

Man Coulter is the Tucker Carlson of our Forum.

And like the Schmuckster, he loves the attention of saying outrageous things that fly in the face of evidence and feed on a troth of ignorance. 

So, the Schmuckster has proclaimed IQ a flawed and finished product. 

Meanwhile, we are long overdue for yet another analysis singing the praises of JIMMER FREDDETTE, whose upside is unlimited, who keeps getting nothing but better, and who is this close to signing a deal with a professional basketball franchise in the States, mark my words.

Any questions?

FUCK YOU, Schmuckster. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 01:40:58 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17699 on: March 23, 2021, 02:41:45 PM »

Are the Washington Generals about to open a roster spot for Jimmer? He has the skills to help them maintain their franchise win percentage even at this late date.

MC takes being compared to Tucker as a compliment. MC admires douchebags who squander their family’s fortunes almost as much as he values white shooters who can’t shoot or do much of anything else on the court.

Leon’s big task this off-season is going to be retaining front office and coaching personnel. Everyone wants a piece of our brain trust with Payne, Woodson, and Aller all with serious opportunities in front of them already.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1848