Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1276 1277 [1278] 1279 1280 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 911142 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Facil-I-Tate
« Reply #19155 on: June 09, 2021, 05:26:53 PM »

Facil...

Here's something to consider. 

I sincerely doubt that Dame is going to be dangled. 

CP3.  Even if he bails on his final year and goes for a new pact, say 3 x 30, why would he want to bail on the Suns?  Devin Booker is a young SUPERSTAR.  Ayton is stepping up to be one at center [he was blown away when someone told him that Nokic said he caused him problems].  Bridges and Saric are first rate, up and coming role players at SF & PF, and Monty Williams is coach of the year finalist [most first place votes] and beloved of his team.  Paul is a perfect match, and they could draft a PG this summer that CP3 could conceivably mentor for the next three years. 

Lonzo Ball?  He could be expensive, and while a solid defender with three point range great court vision and size, he is a very streaky, inconsistent shooter, and I would expect him to be in the 20 million range and up if the Pelicans are to be pressed to not match. 

Looking at Blake Griffin tear it up for the Nyets, one must wonder if the God of Buyouts might shine favorably on....New York's own....

KEMBA WALKER

At $36 & $37.6 guaranteed for the next two seasons? 

No thanks. 

But there are rumblings of displeasure emanating out of Boston, concerning Walker's dismay at Ainge trying to shop him.  NOW HE WANTS OUT

I saw a Porzingis for Walker trade floated in the blogopsphere, which might make some sense for the Celtics, but for the Mavs?  Again, at the risk of repeating myself, I have also seen a Porzingis for Myles Turner trade floated, which would make a world of sense for Dallas.  For Indy?  If KP were not a perennial Injured Reservist, one wonders how he might match up as a Center with PF Sabonis, whose father was something of a mentor to KP. 

Be that as it may, KEMBA WALKER.

Would I trade for him?

I would NOT.  Not with those salary numbers. 

But if the Celtics despaired of trading him and went the buyout route? 

Walker is still a 90% FT shooter and .360% from trey and when ambulatory was a 19-4-5 man over 31.8 minutes in 43 of 72 games. 

If we could sign Kemba Walker at Elfrid Payton money [$4.7 million] and reup Derrick Rose for roughly the same coinage, while some might differ with my rosy outlook, with Vildoza and Quickley on board as PG/Combo options, and with up and coming PGs to choose from in the draft at 19 or 21 [if we go that route, with the likes of Tre Mann, Jared Butler, Nah'Shon Hyland or Miles McBride projected to be on board when we pick, and guessing that we do not pick up Ntlikina's option nor elevate my beloved Liliputian Jared Harfper], Walker and Rose could give Thibs the kind of veteran presence he craves, while developing Vildoza and Quickley in a less pressurized manner.  A long shot to be sure, but if Kemba could be had on the cheap, well, that's a horse of a different fire department, and one has to think KW would love to match up with the Knicks, and stick it to the Celtics management. 

PS: Admittedly Blake Griffin is shining as a small ball center playing next to the likes of Durant, Joe Harris, Kyrie and Harden [how 'bout DEM Apples], but it is worth contemplating how similar BG's size, game and athleticism mirror that of our own OBI TOPPIN.  Thibs actually gave that a look see against the Hawks, and there's no reason Obi couldn't practice for such an eventuality this summer, to function in a Blake Griffin/Taj Gibson manner.  ANYWAY....slow day leading up to the Nyets-Knucks this evening. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 05:29:42 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19156 on: June 09, 2021, 06:45:14 PM »

Did not see the Hawks Philly game but am curious: Did Ph not double Embid?

I know you are still waiting for an answer -

Much of the game - no.

There are spots on the court where it is tough to run a double - and Philly had Embiid in those spots often enough

That - and he is just BETTER.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19157 on: June 09, 2021, 09:32:17 PM »

Wall is a two year commitment. Rose would serve as a template for transitioning into a efficient productive second act at a lower gear. Our young guards would have Rose and Wall to learn from, and he isn’t even the prize. The prize is the pick which Houston pays for escaping Wall’s salary, on that makes sense for a profitable team with a financially secure owner and playoff aspirations (NY) and not on a team doing a deep rebuild (HOU).

The question is is giving up the pick worth being under the cap this year and potentially next year for Houston.

Let them answer it. It won’t hurt to ask.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19158 on: June 09, 2021, 10:17:12 PM »

lol

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19159 on: June 10, 2021, 02:31:54 AM »

Hawks lost Hunter. They’re done, cooked, kaput.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19160 on: June 10, 2021, 08:11:05 AM »

Nikola Jokic becomes the second player not drafted in the first round to win NBA MVP

The first was _________?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19161 on: June 10, 2021, 08:12:40 AM »

Only 18 of the 65 NBA MVPs were taken outside the first 5 picks

The were ___________?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19162 on: June 10, 2021, 11:12:35 AM »

Only 18 of the 65 NBA MVPs were taken outside the first 5 picks

The were ___________?

GF, Curry and Bird account for several.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19163 on: June 10, 2021, 11:23:06 AM »

Kobe, Dirk, both Malones (Moses wasn't drafted at all, I think.  Signed with ABA outside draft process.) Willis Reed.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19164 on: June 10, 2021, 11:44:41 AM »

Good pluck on Reed.

I was going to WAG Willis.

Who did the knicks pick with their #1 the year they picked Reed with their 2?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19165 on: June 10, 2021, 11:51:23 AM »

Jim Barnes (the original Barnes called Bad News)
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19166 on: June 10, 2021, 11:57:06 AM »

Jim Barnes (the original Barnes called Bad News)

Nailed it.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19167 on: June 10, 2021, 12:02:05 PM »

NBA champ with Boston, evidently -  the first year I rooted for the Knicks

chipstern

• View Profile
Rumors Rumors Rumors
« Reply #19168 on: June 10, 2021, 03:35:36 PM »

I'm as guilty as anyone of projecting and promulgating. 

Having said that....

No details, no credence, just a name.

MYLES TURNER.

Again, saw his name circulated in a Porzingis projection. 

AGAIN, why on Earth would Indy want to divest themselves.  Offensive skills from trey and around the hoop, legit shot blocker. 

Knicks?

"INTERESTED"

K

Next...

NBA Draft on July 29. 

Meanwhile we will have gotten a glimpse of Luca Vildoza in the Olympics beginning on or around July 21.  And thereafter, in the NBA's Summer League, wherein Vildoza will hook up with Obi and IQ and whatsoever draft picks are not traded away in pursuit of the eternal superstar...come August 8-17. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:54:05 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19169 on: June 10, 2021, 04:54:59 PM »

I’ll bite.

Turner and Warren for Mitch and Knox + 21 + 32

It gives Indy a real talent to replace Turner & the now fit Doug McBuckets, Lamb, and Knox give them cover at the Three with Knox still having all that potential and making good strides. It also puts them 20 mil closer to the cap this year if they don’t stash or trade either pick.

For us it means

Turner Pelle Noel
Randle Toppin Taj
Warren Bullock
Barrett Burks Quickly
Rose Viladosa

Is our jumping off point before free agency and the Draft, leaving us with room for a wing and a guard.

I like this better than messing around with Wall. 2 years of Turner, 1 of Warren remain at reasonable numbers. Warren had his boot off in April from his foot surgery, so he should be good to go next year.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1276 1277 [1278] 1279 1280 ... 1847