Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912805 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19170 on: June 10, 2021, 05:27:14 PM »

I’ll bite.

Turner and Warren for Mitch and Knox + 21 + 32

It gives Indy a real talent to replace Turner & the now fit Doug McBuckets, Lamb, and Knox give them cover at the Three with Knox still having all that potential and making good strides. It also puts them 20 mil closer to the cap this year if they don’t stash or trade either pick.

For us it means

Turner Pelle Noel
Randle Toppin Taj
Warren Bullock
Barrett Burks Quickly
Rose Viladosa

Is our jumping off point before free agency and the Draft, leaving us with room for a wing and a guard.

I like this better than messing around with Wall. 2 years of Turner, 1 of Warren remain at reasonable numbers. Warren had his boot off in April from his foot surgery, so he should be good to go next year.

Hate to give up Mitchell, but gotta give to get. 

This is a trade that actually makes sense for both teams.  However, we might have to sweeten it considerably if you want to snag TJ as well who translates as a starter for Indy at SF.   Kevin Knox doesn't make it, homie. 

Oh, and McDermott is a UFA.   

Don't see us keeping Noel if we were to be all in on Turner.  Pelle and Taj good backups, and Obi with stretch 4-5 minutes, a la Blake Griffin and Taj. 

Best available young PG at #19. 

Thibs and Knicks advancing very cautiously with VILDOZA...we will have a good idea soon enough given the level of competition at the Olympics.  Some NBA types like Doncic sure to push things. 

I think Luca and dRose would constitute a solid 24/24, with Quickley drawing minutes if'n he is able to improve his handle and facilitating over the summer. 

Too much to hope for, alas, but the 25 year old Turner would give us one hell of a running buddy for JR. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19171 on: June 10, 2021, 06:12:02 PM »

Burks is higher in the PG rotation than Quickley assuming we get Burks back.

I’m good with drafting Bassey or similar and letting Noel cash in elsewhere and using free agency to work on the backcourt. We’d still have the dough to go after higher shelf guards even adding a draft pick and the incoming salary from the proposed trade.

Knox isn’t Warren, but he’s not nothing either he’s a 22 year old swing forward/ big wing with an ending deal who just went through a year of The Thibs Academy for Badass Ballers, coming out shooting a career highs including .393 from 3.

The Pacers would be going from awfully close to the tax to awfully close to the cap in this deal, important for a small market team. They’d have to expect a real downgrade in production and or talent to accomplish this, for which we are compensating them with not one but two picks in the sweet spot of cheap salary and lots of good guys to choose from in what seems to be regarded as a talented draft.

If they wanted to sub Lamb for Warren, I’d be willing to consider it but they’d have to take weaker draft stock as their compensation. Shifting salary let’s them take a real run at Doug who I think they’d like to keep and wouldn’t mind keeping for around the mid-level if it keeps them well below the tax threshold and saves them some flexibility.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 06:17:05 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19172 on: June 10, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »

Burks is higher in the PG rotation than Quickley assuming we get Burks back.

I’m good with drafting Bassey or similar and letting Noel cash in elsewhere and using free agency to work on the backcourt. We’d still have the dough to go after higher shelf guards even adding a draft pick and the incoming salary from the proposed trade.

Knox isn’t Warren, but he’s not nothing either he’s a 22 year old swing forward/ big wing with an ending deal who just went through a year of The Thibs Academy for Badass Ballers, coming out shooting a career highs including .393 from 3.

The Pacers would be going from awfully close to the tax to awfully close to the cap in this deal, important for a small market team. They’d have to expect a real downgrade in production and or talent to accomplish this, for which we are compensating them with not one but two picks in the sweet spot of cheap salary and lots of good guys to choose from in what seems to be regarded as a talented draft.

If they wanted to sub Lamb for Warren, I’d be willing to consider it but they’d have to take weaker draft stock as their compensation. Shifting salary let’s them take a real run at Doug who I think they’d like to keep and wouldn’t mind keeping for around the mid-level if it keeps them well below the tax threshold and saves them some flexibility.

I love Burks, but if he is in our PG rotation, we are seriously fucked. 

Knox V Warren?  TJ's record speaks for itself.  I like Kevin, but seriously, he hasn't done shit.  We bought into Calipari's hype, and it looked promising for a minute, bbut Look at Mikal Bridges' growth with Phoenix.  He is a legit 3&D with a .425 3PT%, a .840 FT%, and 13.5-4.3-2.1 in 32 minutes a night. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19173 on: June 10, 2021, 07:27:07 PM »

If we had either Bridges, my top 2 choices that year for us, I wouldn’t be looking for a quality starter at SF.

Indy doesn’t have to believe Knox is as good as Warren, especially if they have doubts he’d resign with them when his deal is up next season or that they’d want to meet his number if he keeps producing. Besides, those two are only part of the deal.

But because you have proven wise so often in the past, I’m also willing to consider a smaller deal of Mitch and suitable picks for just Miles Turner.

Saves them 13 mil instead of 20, but they get to keep Warren.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19174 on: June 10, 2021, 09:52:10 PM »

I think Luca and dRose would constitute a solid 24/24, with Quickley drawing minutes if'n he is able to improve his handle and facilitating over the summer.

Not nearly good enough
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19175 on: June 11, 2021, 09:47:46 PM »

Not nearly good enough

wtf..that's already like a guaranteed 300% upgrade over Elfrid, sight unseen on Luca!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19176 on: June 12, 2021, 01:43:07 AM »

Austin Rivers not nearly good enough this round. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19177 on: June 12, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »

If the Lakers offered and Derrick wanted to go, would you get Rose to them on a S&T for Kuzma?

The guy is on a 13 mil flat deal for the next three years. At the end of that tenure it won’t be much more than the MLE.

It opens the field for a top choice FA pg, but it bites us hard if we don’t get one there or through the draft.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19178 on: June 12, 2021, 04:20:42 PM »

If the Lakers offered and Derrick wanted to go, would you get Rose to them on a S&T for Kuzma?

The guy is on a 13 mil flat deal for the next three years. At the end of that tenure it won’t be much more than the MLE.

It opens the field for a top choice FA pg, but it bites us hard if we don’t get one there or through the draft.

Keep Rose.

Develop.Vildoza and Quickley

Draft Jared Butler or Tre Mann.

Or, GOD WILLING, trade up for Cory Kispert.

Rose should return to his role of 20 ÷ a night with the second unit.  A spark plug set to detonate.

Thibs out of desperation rode him like a rodeo bull towards seasons end, and DR, while heroic, broke down.

He can be an inspirational role player, but is foolhardy to over do it. 

PS: KUZMA?  No thanks.

PPS: Go Jazz.  Come hither KAWHI.  God willing, least ways complicit.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19179 on: June 12, 2021, 09:11:54 PM »

Clips all night.

Series doesnt turn til someone loses at HOME.

(Sorry, Joker)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19180 on: June 12, 2021, 09:13:21 PM »

PS: KUZMA?  No thanks.

LOL

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19181 on: June 12, 2021, 09:18:59 PM »

Thibs and Knicks advancing very cautiously with VILDOZA...we will have a good idea soon enough given the level of competition at the Olympics.  Some NBA types like Doncic sure to push things.

I value our brain trust - but one wonders why there was not a bidding war for this player (we didnt have any rights to him)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19182 on: June 13, 2021, 07:05:39 PM »

Good scouts lock up free talent before other teams get involved. The focus for all the more attractive teams at the time was signing Mike James. He’s paid off for the Nyets. We’ll see about Luca. Personally I like the odds he can contribute in a significant way to our rotation. Hope that, among other things, he’s working on his J. You can never have too good a jumper as a guard.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
CP3
« Reply #19183 on: June 13, 2021, 10:46:06 PM »

DAMN

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19184 on: June 14, 2021, 06:21:12 AM »

If Phoenix stays healthy they can win it. I hope that they do, or if not they lose to the Bucks.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 1848