Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1286 1287 [1288] 1289 1290 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1062988 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19305 on: June 22, 2021, 05:56:15 PM »

From 3

Randle > .400
Barrett > .400
And if we get them back
Bullock > .400
Burks > .400
Rose > .400

Quickley & Obi are coming along in that department.

We can do the smallball center thing which would give Ben the biggest advantage. We have the shooters.

Christ.

We Have MITCHELL!!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 06:39:54 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19306 on: June 22, 2021, 07:16:28 PM »

We do have Mitchell and I keep forgetting about the Kadashian thing.

We can save some money on the Ben thing and draft Sandro with one of our picks. He’s as nice as Ben at the same size with a legit jumper. Just have to hope he can develop the defense to be playable.

What’s your plan, Oh Swami Stern? I looked back, but all I could find were your random thoughts…
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19307 on: June 22, 2021, 07:51:21 PM »

Picking BUCKS and CLIPPERS
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19308 on: June 22, 2021, 07:52:17 PM »

Good artuicle today stating six teams that may deal for Simmons.

No Knicks.  Pacers and Bulls included, with Portland, Denver and a couple others

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19309 on: June 22, 2021, 08:01:35 PM »

From 3

Randle > .400
Barrett > .400
And if we get them back
Bullock > .400
Burks > .400
Rose > .400

Quickley & Obi are coming along in that department.

We can do the smallball center thing which would give Ben the biggest advantage. We have the shooters.

Christ.

We Have MITCHELL!!!

Hahaha

Prior to the season I asked just how much we would be willing to offer Mr Robinson when his pact came due.

After a 31 game season, I ask the same question.

Play him out at 1.8 mil - use him in deal if to our advantage

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19310 on: June 22, 2021, 08:04:47 PM »

You seem to be intent on committing 35-40 million through 2025 on a roll of the dice.

heh

Only question with Simmons is if he will be very very good or be great.

Not real sure there is a Knicks salary match, though we could use some or all of our cap space

Players not knocking on the door to MSG.  We are improving but Thibs is still a taskmaster not to everyone's looking.  Therefore TRADING for an already long term signed guy is appealing.

By the way, FUCK Magic Johnson.  No.  Philly does not NEED to deal BS - and YES - Ben could still prosper there
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 08:08:47 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19311 on: June 22, 2021, 08:34:39 PM »

Randle to Warriors for a package including one of their lottery picks

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19312 on: June 22, 2021, 08:35:29 PM »

Steph, Klay, Draymond, Julius, Wiseman.  Wiggins if still there.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco back at it
« Reply #19313 on: June 22, 2021, 08:53:52 PM »

6 posts in a row spewing garbage. Chamaco definitely wants to kill the forum.

- Chamaco's Patriotism is for the white race ONLY. -
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19314 on: June 22, 2021, 08:57:05 PM »

Raptors move up to 4.  Will be better than us next year.

Pistons get CUNNINGHAM.

(Or Suggs)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19315 on: June 22, 2021, 09:25:17 PM »

The raptors will be better than team Ammo or team Jimmer, otherwise I don’t know this “us” you pretend to be referring to.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
The Swami's Plan
« Reply #19316 on: June 22, 2021, 10:27:49 PM »

We do have Mitchell and I keep forgetting about the Kadashian thing.

We can save some money on the Ben thing and draft Sandro with one of our picks. He’s as nice as Ben at the same size with a legit jumper. Just have to hope he can develop the defense to be playable.

What’s your plan, Oh Swami Stern? I looked back, but all I could find were your random thoughts…

My plan?

Hahaha.  That's rich.  As if I had some special insights. 

If I had my druthers, I would proceed very conservatively, very cautiously.

In terms of free agents?  2022 seems a better class to swing for the fences.

I'm fascinated by your bold proposals.

However, as gifted as a Ben Simmons is, his is a flawed game, more tellingly, a very flawed character.  A WEAK character.  He's had what, five years, the Sixers gave him franchise money, and what?  My reading of him is that he would wilt under the bright lights of NY.  And while you and I might be projecting him as a 3&D SF or a feathery five, and while he made very well make a positive impact doing so on the right team [I've seen CJ McCollum for Simmons proposals floated], the Knicks are not the one.  And to tie up 35-40 million through 2025 strikes me as irresponsible infatuation with the shiny object.  In the summer/fall of 2020, Rose and Aller and Perry showed that they are not going down that road. 

Okay, so which of our own free agents do we keep?  That will trigger many of our other decisions about free agents and draft picks. 

I think Payton and Frank are goners.  Jared Harper played great in G League, but Thibs gave him no daylight.  Pinson is a cheerleader, and Rose loves him, so there's that.  I don't think it is written in stone that Knox is out of here; Kenny Payne put a lot of work into his game.  And who else do we have.  Well, Bullock and Burks are SG/SF, as is RJ.  Knox projects more as a SF/PF, but of course that is predicated on being able to defend at the 3 & 4, and so far, KK has not projected as a DeAndre Hunter. 

Bullock and/or Burks.  Noel.  Would they come back on another one year pact?  How much of a raise would they figure to demand?  How much do we give?  I think Pelle projects as capable of giving us an honest 10-15 a night, in the event, quite likely, alas, that Noel seeks out bigger bucks and guaranteed minutes.  Does Thibs trust Randle and/or Toppin to be small ball fives?  How ready will Mitchell Robinson be?  I think we are still committed to him.  Do we reach for a big with 19,21 or 32? 

Taj and Rose are coin flips.  I really want to see Rose back, for more than 7 million per?  And not for more than 20-25 minutes a game.  I think Taj gives Thibs a certain comfort level, but he is 35 and would rather see Obi get his minutes and be tossed into the deep end of the pool. 

How our new PG Vildoza plays in the Olympics will trigger a lot of decisions vis a vis the draft and subsequently in summer league wherein we might discover if Quickley is ready to step up as a facilitator and if Vildoza is more than a mirage?  Will Rose be back?  That will also trigger draft and free agency decisions. 

Ah, free agency? 

I am not in favor of going Cuckoo For Cocoa Puffs. 

Prudent conservative moves. 

I love Kyle Lowry, but big bucks, multiple years?  Kemba Walker anyone? 

I wouldn't (and this from someone who is eating crow over Chris Paul, although, that was never really on the table, was it?).  Trading for Ben Simmons?  No thanks. 

Now, if we kept Rose and Vildoza, might we pursue a Leon Rose one year not crazy contract for the likes of wily vets such as, oh, Mike Conley, Goran Dragic.  Might someone like Spencer Dimwiddie be worth giving Bobby Portis numbers for one year, just to prove he has come all the way back.  A big PG with a nice all around game.  Not crazy good, but pretty darn good, and not lacking in confidence like the late lamented Elfrid. 

If Burks looks to walk, might we give someone like Normal Powell a look see? 

More ambitious than Dimwiddie?  I believe the Knicks front office is split on Lonzo Ball, and if it cost more than say Fred Van Vleet money, say 4 x 85, not sure I would go there.  But certainly worthy of consideration. 

Otherwise, you tell me. 

Do we re-up Julius say at 100 million for another 4 years?  Does that get it done?  I think he wants to be here, and is not inclined to want Melo numbers at the cost of building a good team around him. 

If Taj AND Nerlens are not here, might we revisit one Bobby Portis, BoD's disdain notwithstanding.  In roughly the same 20 some minutes a game he played for us at C-PF, BP knocked down 47% of his treys, and collected 7 boards and 11 points per. 

Again, my PLANS?  I think Rose is going to try and bring back most of our vets.  Remains to be seen who walks.  And if we trust Vildoza and Quicks to do what Payton and Rose did.  Do we draft a young PG? 

And for God's sake, cut down on Randle and Barrett's minutes.  You know they are going to work like crazy in the offseason to address shortcomings Atlanta revealed in the playoffs, but clearly part of the problem was that they were burnt the fuck out. 

Otherwise, you will notice no fantasies about Doncic, Dame, Beal, Zion. 

This year was not a tanker, but it was transitional. 

I see 2021-22 in roughly the same light.  ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY, and neither should Rose's Knicks. 

I see 2021-22 as a preamble to a bigger more aggressive free agent push in 2022-2023. 

Anyway, you wanted a plan.  Sustain our cap space, max out our draft assets and remain patient in terms of developing our culture. 

That's all I've got.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 11:30:00 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19317 on: June 22, 2021, 10:33:51 PM »

However, as gifted as a Ben Simmons is, his is a flawed game, more tellingly, a flawed character.

Nah - quite an unfair take

But we'll see.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19318 on: June 23, 2021, 12:31:59 AM »

I don't know if Simmons has a flawed character, that seems a little harsh, but he has lost some swagger, he's playing scared, and he needs to find his confidence if he wants to be the player it seems he could be.

That was a helluva game tonight, although the last couple minutes took forever to view and review.

That pass from Crowder, in that situation, was a thing of beauty.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19319 on: June 23, 2021, 12:50:30 AM »

So, to paraphrase Chip, “I’d like us to go conservative, but here are some potential big names we could go after.” Admittedly, most were brought up with reasons Chip would avoid them, but still.

I’d rather come out of the draft with one good rook and one rotation worthy vet than four middling to late picks. I can see giving another spot to a developmental situational rookie, but not more than that. We need proper villains up and down the roster (hat tip to Don Cheadle). Only room for one pup too weak to pull the sled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1286 1287 [1288] 1289 1290 ... 1852