Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899484 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1950 on: November 13, 2018, 09:01:07 AM »

".....looks like Tony Allen on D"

Come on, man.  Really?

Watch the possessions.

Kid has long arms and pretty good instincts but much to learn on technique and team play.

ok.ok..a budding perhaps.. but he is really good. Keep in mind, it is so much harder to play defense now. Practically outlawed. That trend has accelerated even just since Tony Allen's very recent Hay Day.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 10:03:22 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 13, 2018, 10:04:44 AM »

play the guy we drafted high for a good long while and see what happens, no brain surgery needed here
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 13, 2018, 10:04:57 AM »

Re:  Ntilikina

Backers like to note how other execs like him so much.

I think we will get to see just how much when Frank becomes RFA.

Shump redux.

I would surely like us to know how much we like him when that day comes because we've given our own "failed" lottery pick nearly as much play as we've given to the failed lottery picks of others.

**will be interesting to see how our Frenchboy bounces back from Wizdale's tough love 6 min. pull

You know Frank played a lot last year, right?  You act as if it were 10 minutes a night

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 13, 2018, 10:14:38 AM »

Ntilikina is 11th in minutes among players drafted in 2017

6th in assists
8th in steals
17th in points
17th in 3 pointers made
21st in free throws made
6th in turnovers
91st (all 2017 rookies) in FG%

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 13, 2018, 10:18:46 AM »

Minutes

Simmons
Mitchell
Tatum
Kuzma
Brooks
Fox
Smith Jr
Bogdanovic
Jackson
Ball
NTILIKINA
Markaanen
Ju Jackson
Hart
Collins

chipstern

• View Profile
Shout Out
« Reply #1955 on: November 13, 2018, 10:24:03 AM »

Heartbreaking injury for Nets Caris LeVert.

Kid was playing at an all-star level and establishing himself as the franchise bell cow. 

God knows he was hooping in nuking the Knicks.

Seemed like a great kid as well. 

You could tell from the reaction of his team mates, where the reaction went well beyond hoops. 

Hey, Caris, stay strong.  Zach Lavine had a terrible injury and he came back like a motherfucker. 

You will, too.   

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 13, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »

Ntilikina is 11th in minutes among players drafted in 2017

6th in assists
8th in steals
17th in points
17th in 3 pointers made
21st in free throws made
6th in turnovers
91st (all 2017 rookies) in FG%

Great  ... now give him some more minutes.

*** and if the minute clock is up on Frankie.... the minute clock has expired on mudiay about 39 times over..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:02:25 PM by lesterdog »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 13, 2018, 01:11:51 PM »

Frank has a conscience.  He stops playing confidently when he misses his first shot. 

Allonzo Trier has no conscience.  He will miss his first 6 shots and still make 5 of his next 6.

More minutes won't necessarily change that for Frank.

He needs coaching.  Shooter Psychology.  ANd i liked the idea of G-League time to build a scorer's confidence.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 13, 2018, 01:20:18 PM »

Frank has a conscience.  He stops playing confidently when he misses his first shot. 

Allonzo Trier has no conscience.  He will miss his first 6 shots and still make 5 of his next 6.

More minutes won't necessarily change that for Frank.

He needs coaching.  Shooter Psychology.  ANd i liked the idea of G-League time to build a scorer's confidence.

Maybe, maybe, you and Fac are right. But I think he's been handled all wrong. Repeatedly pushed aside for other teams' junky rejects. Me, I would let him play forever and only pull him if he doesn't probe the lane five times every five minutes.

But I didn't see the game, so for all I know that's what the yank was about. Let's see what happens next.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 13, 2018, 01:21:52 PM »

I agree with you that Frank should've played more at the PG last year.  I like Frank a lot but he might be a bench guy if Trier takes his job.  They double-teamed Trier in his first start.  And that was when THjr was injured.  I want to see a lineup of:

Trier
Junior
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson

For five games or so....

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 13, 2018, 02:30:09 PM »

I agree with you that Frank should've played more at the PG last year.  I like Frank a lot but he might be a bench guy if Trier takes his job.  They double-teamed Trier in his first start.  And that was when THjr was injured.  I want to see a lineup of:

Trier
Junior
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson

For five games or so....

That would be an interesting look. Mudiay, Burke, Dotson, Mario, and Kant would be the bench squad. One more functional front court defender would really help.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 13, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »

Trier
Junior
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson

For five games or so....

That would be an interesting look. Mudiay, Burke, Dotson, Mario, and Kant would be the bench squad. One more functional front court defender would really help.

I'd bring Frank off the bench too. Put him on defense vs 3s and some 4s.  Unless you have him in G league.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 13, 2018, 02:48:08 PM »

I kinda have him in the gleague. There is a tightrope a good pg has to work out of tiptoeing the line of both making his teammates shine while asserting control of them and the game. The process of getting this is often hit or miss for young PGs. Rather than accumulate chemistry misses figuring it out at the highest level with and against more mature teams, do it where he faces less pressure and where guys will accept more leadership from a young unorthodox player.

By the way, Kornet is absolutely killing it in the GLeague. 18/9/4 with 3 blocks on 58% shooting and 50% on 7 threes a game. He might be how we get away from Kanter in a little bit.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 13, 2018, 03:31:48 PM »

Terry rosier will be a RFA next year and will receive deals boston cannot swallow.

if Irving signs as expected and Smart is already signed Boston is fixed at the point and will be paying over 50 million for those 2.

so why not offer Frank and Burke to Boston for Terry now.

If Terry hits the RFA market NY should be involved heavily unless KD or Kawhi wants NY ( both unlikely)

Urethra_Franklin

• View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 13, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »

Why is Kanter coming off the bench?  His defense is no weaker than Timmy's
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 1844