Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917111 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19545 on: July 21, 2021, 01:55:18 PM »

Knox, Obi, one pick this year, and one in the future for Sexton is where I’d put NY’s current offer. I don’t want to cater to a Dame or Paul or Lowry. Ball and/or Jackson, or someone similar is worth pursuing.

This isn’t a great free agent class to find your second star, but as a class to find compliments to a core like Mitch Randle Barrett Sexton along with young roster fillers and journeymen holdovers like we have it’s not a bad way to spend money.

For Sexton?

FUCK SEXTON. 

Save the money, draft young talent, squirrel away cap space money for 2022 free agents. 

Like Bradley Beal.  Zach Levine.
The problem with getting good before you get great: the players that kick you over the top aren't available in the draft at 19.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19546 on: July 21, 2021, 02:11:29 PM »

eh......

this year its more about free agent $$ but

a)  stranger things have happened than getting a real "player" at 19

b)  we have been reading many viable scenarios where NY moves up
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19547 on: July 21, 2021, 02:19:16 PM »

eh......

Good luck with that. It is not the NFL, volume does not buy quality.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Draft
« Reply #19548 on: July 21, 2021, 02:27:56 PM »

Trey Murphy would be ideal at #19.   But we might have to move up to grab him.

In Free Agency I think targeting Cameron Payne is a no-brainer.

That's two rotation players with a combined cap impact under $15 mil per year.

I'd look to keep cap space open while signing our own guys and free agents to tradable contracts.

Let Brock Aller run the room. 

Keep our options open for a mid-season trade when the wheels fall off for a team like the Blazers or Wizards and you can get a star on the cheap.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19549 on: July 21, 2021, 02:31:51 PM »

eh......

Good luck with that. It is not the NFL, volume does not buy quality.

WE (NYK) did it last year

And I think if you were honest you would say it (Quickley) worked out.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19550 on: July 21, 2021, 03:27:42 PM »

Charles Bassey and Ayo Dosunmu were among players who worked out for the Knicks at their facility on Tuesday, per SNY sources. The workout also included Trey Murphy III, Tre Mann, and Isaiah Jackson, SNY sources confirm. – via Ian Begley @ Yahoo! Sports

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19551 on: July 21, 2021, 04:11:46 PM »

ESPN announced on Wednesday that NBA and NFL analyst and host Maria Taylor is officially leaving the network. According to the statement released by ESPN, Taylor and the network couldn’t come to an agreement on a contract extension. Her final assignment was Tuesday night’s coverage of Game 6 of the NBA Finals. – via Liz Roscher @ Yahoo! Sports

heh

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19552 on: July 21, 2021, 04:54:06 PM »

Knox, Obi, one pick this year, and one in the future for Sexton is where I’d put NY’s current offer. I don’t want to cater to a Dame or Paul or Lowry. Ball and/or Jackson, or someone similar is worth pursuing.

This isn’t a great free agent class to find your second star, but as a class to find compliments to a core like Mitch Randle Barrett Sexton along with young roster fillers and journeymen holdovers like we have it’s not a bad way to spend money.

For Sexton?

FUCK SEXTON. 

Save the money, draft young talent, squirrel away cap space money for 2022 free agents. 

Like Bradley Beal.  Zach Levine.
The problem with getting good before you get great: the players that kick you over the top aren't available in the draft at 19.

Do we really want to give Sexton a max contract in the summer of 2022?

And give up Obi and both of our #1 picks. 

Big Game Hunting for the Shiny Object gets us in trouble every time. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19553 on: July 21, 2021, 05:26:56 PM »

Just SEVENTEEN players in the NBA took 18+ shots per game and had a TS% 57 or above

Mitchell
Booker
Beal
McCollum
Doncic
SEXTON

23 years old next season

Shiny object

heh

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #19554 on: July 21, 2021, 07:02:08 PM »

Just SEVENTEEN players in the NBA took 18+ shots per game and had a TS% 57 or above

Mitchell
Booker
Beal
McCollum
Doncic
SEXTON

23 years old next season

Shiny object

heh

Not a meaningful argument.

88 players had a True Shooting (TS) percentage of 57 or more. Sexton comes in at the illustrious 83 slot with a percentage of 57.2.

(Bullock, BTW, came in at 60.1)

But, oh, he took a lot of shots! Okay, so if we look at guys who shot 18 times or more a game — that's 24 players — 19 of those players reached that 57% mark.Most had a much better percentage than Sexton. And those who didn't get to the 57% mark (like Fox or Randle) are just a little below.

In short, you brandish this stat likes it's saying something grand. It's not. It simply suggests that he's a pretty good scorer and he shot the ball a lot last year.

Like, you know, we know that.

chipstern

• View Profile
Shiny Objects
« Reply #19555 on: July 21, 2021, 07:52:22 PM »

Mitchell
Booker
Beal
McCollum
Doncic
SEXTON

23 years old next season

Shiny object

heh

88 players had a True Shooting (TS) percentage of 57 or more. Sexton comes in at the illustrious 83 slot with a percentage of 57.2.

But, oh, he took a lot of shots! Okay, so if we look at guys who shot 18 times or more a game — that's 24 players — 19 of those players reached that 57% mark.Most had a much better percentage than Sexton. And those who didn't get to the 57% mark (like Fox or Randle) are just a little below.

In short, you brandish this stat likes it's saying something grand. It's not. It simply suggests that he's a pretty good scorer and he shot the ball a lot last year.

Like, you know, we know that.

Truth To Consequences. 

Stephon Marbury took a lot of shots, didn't always keep his teammates involved, and was not enthusiastic about D. 

Started off out of the gate as a good distributor in his first two seasons, at 9.3, and 8.1 assists per game. 

And as the number of his shots went down so did his FT attempts and percentages. 

Steph was 26 when we got him.  Sexton is 23

Obviously, I'm not saying that Sexton is a bad player, but he is an inefficient one. 

As his number of shots has escalated, his 3-point and FT% have all gone down.  His assists were up last year, but 4.4 for 35 minutes, based on over 18 shots per game is not favorable to me.  His turnovers have also been ascending. 

Derrick in 26 minutes per over 35 games had 4.2 assists.  His three point shooting was up to .411, while FT % ascended to .883

Kevin and our #21 pick?  Okay.  Maybe sweeten with the #32 pick.  Maybe

Kevin AND Obi and #19 and #21? 

NO THANK YOU.

PS: Have the Knicks given up on Kevin?  I haven't.  Gut feeling.  He did improve, though he was buried behind Bullock and Burks.  We shall see.   

PPS: IQ still has holes in his game.  He was inefficient from 2-point range, and could use some seasoning as a facilitator, as he often was so focused on his penetration, that he didn't offload the ball and keep it moving around the horn.  He also averaged like 9.1 shots per 19.4 minutes, which puts him into Sexton range for hoisting.  Right now Sexton is a far more efficient 2-pt shooter, but to me their games seem similar in many ways, and I would just as soon nurture IQ and Vildoza as combo guards behind Rose, and find a yount collegian PG in what is a pretty rich harvest of PGs in the second tier. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 08:02:34 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Fantasy Camp
« Reply #19556 on: July 21, 2021, 08:07:28 PM »

As far as free agents or trade targets, in what has been speculated. 

Lonzo Ball

Cameron Payne

Hold far more allure for me that paying Colin Sexton 30-35 million a year commencing in 2022

If Lonzo could be had for in the neighborhood of Van Vleet money give or take [4 x 84] or Payne could be had for 10-12 thereabouts. 

Well that's the way my heart is speaking. 

But again, I would be happy with Rose, Quickley, Vildoza AND a Collegian. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19557 on: July 21, 2021, 08:46:02 PM »

Yep.  Good shooters

And this guy is ultra explosive

But I am sure you are about to cite his defense

Rock on, Bo - I mean Chip

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19558 on: July 21, 2021, 08:47:07 PM »

At least we agree the price is too steep.

Do you want Cam Payne instead?  That'd be fine.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19559 on: July 21, 2021, 08:52:12 PM »

But again, I would be happy with Rose, Quickley, Vildoza AND a Collegian.

Name any amount and I will give you 5-1 odds this is not happening

I am IN on adding a collegian, as I have posted.

McClung (Tx Tech) probably goes to Charlotte as an undrafted (would prefer over Knicks/Celts).  Hoping for McBride or Hyland.
Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 ... 1848