Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913184 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19560 on: July 21, 2021, 10:54:17 PM »

please, KK and Frankie for a bag of balls.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19561 on: July 21, 2021, 11:20:52 PM »

Kevin and our #21 pick?  Okay.  Maybe sweeten with the #32 pick.  Maybe

Kevin AND Obi and #19 and #21?

NO THANK YOU.

Could be worse.  One deal in print had us getting T Prince and Love with Collin.  And giving up the farm.

heh

Would be interesting, adding the role players as re-signs.

note:  deal had us keeping Mitch and Julius.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19562 on: July 21, 2021, 11:32:09 PM »

The problem with getting good before you get great: the players that kick you over the top aren't available in the draft at 19.

True. You need a 15 to get a Giannis. Could be worse though — if we only had second rounders we might have to settle for a Jokic.

Stick your f'n picks, wherever they are
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19563 on: July 22, 2021, 02:38:06 AM »

Kevin, Obi, 21, & 32 would probably be my limit. I’d prefer Kevin, Obi, 21 & Dallas 2023, or Kevin, 19, & 21 instead. Any of those three combos and we are making out like bandits if Sexton works out for us. I’d sub Quickly for Obi, but then I’d also have to degrade the picks some because in terms of production over salary IQ has so far been the more valuable player though he’s probably easier to replace.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19564 on: July 22, 2021, 01:41:14 PM »

The problem with getting good before you get great: the players that kick you over the top aren't available in the draft at 19.

True. You need a 15 to get a Giannis. Could be worse though — if we only had second rounders we might have to settle for a Jokic.

Stick your f'n picks, wherever they are
Kawhi Leonard was a 15 as well. I did not mean that it can't be done, but that it is hard to do. Most drafts do not offer any players of that level that late. So you have to both have the player there and the ability to spot him - and.hope others don't spot him as well. Most years nailing the 15th pick gets you a good quality starter, but not a Robin for your Batman. And.to go back to the point, it is not worth while in the NBA for a team to trade picks for volume. It is much easier to nail your pick at 11 than at 19 and 21. It is a bad risk.

Note: what i thought was my point was.my point in a different post. My bad. As to the point from this point,.nailing the 19 means getting a good player,  but for most teams that will not make a.difference between a good team and a championship one.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 01:48:34 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19565 on: July 22, 2021, 02:32:21 PM »

Isnt there any part of you concerned that any player that MIGHT come to Cleveland for 25+ mil per season (if there is any player) will not be as good for the bottom line as Sexton?

If it is a Sexton/Garland just doesnt gel thing isnt it wise to also think of moving Darius?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #19566 on: July 22, 2021, 02:42:19 PM »

Isnt there any part of you concerned that any player that MIGHT come to Cleveland for 25+ mil per season (if there is any player) will not be as good for the bottom line as Sexton?

If it is a Sexton/Garland just doesnt gel thing isnt it wise to also think of moving Darius?
Me? I have limited trust in the Cavs management, unless we can get a game changing local talent to stay home, or return home, again I think we are doomed.

I think choosing Garland over Sexton is the right call, though.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19567 on: July 22, 2021, 06:33:15 PM »

Good player - Garland

I wonder who would play the 2 guard if we made the deal with you guys without Barrett.

Dylan Windler, maybe?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 06:35:16 PM by kidcarter8 »

chipstern

• View Profile
Tag, You're Full Of SHIT; The Schmucker Carlson Memoirs
« Reply #19568 on: July 23, 2021, 12:39:23 AM »

The notion that nothing good comes of mid to late first round draft picks, or second rounders, is such specious self serving horse shit, I would suggest you cease postings and instead follow your natural talents where you are best aligned, exercise your second amendment and racist inclinations and shoot up some Korean Nail Salons.  Then wait for the police to come and treat you to a Burger King lunch like they did for your Cousin, Dylan Roof. 

2011: #19 [Tobias Harris], #30 [Jimmy Butler],

2012: #20 [Evan Fournier], #26 [Miles Plumlee], #34 [Jae Crowder], #35 [Draymond Green] #39 [Kris Middleton], #40 [Will Barton]

2013: #15 [Giannis Antetokounmpo], #17 [Dennis Schröder], #24 [Timmy Hardaway], #25 [Reggie Bullock], #27 [Rudy Gobert]

2014: #25 [Clint Capella], #27 [Bogdan Bogdanović], #33 [Joe Harris], #34 [Cleanthony Early...]hahaha], #38 [Spencer Dinwiddie], #39 [Jerami Grant], #41 [Nikola Jokić], #45 [Dwight Powell], #46 [Jordan Clarkson]

2015: #22 [Bobby Portis], #27 [Larry Nance, JR], #32 [Montrezl Harrell], #41 [Pat Connaughton]

2016:  #19 [Malik Beasley], #20 [Caris LeVert], #27 [Pascal Siakam], #29 [DeJounte Murray], #32 [Ivica Zubac]

2017: #18 [TJ Leaf], #19 [John Collins], #22 [Jarrett Allen], #23 [OG Anunoby], #27 [Kyle Kuzma], #30 [Josh Hart]

2018: #18 [Lonnie Walker], #19 [Kevin Huerter], #26 [Landry Shamet]. #27 [Robert Williams], #33 [Jalen Brunson], #34 [Devounte Graham], #36 [Mitchell Robinson], #37 [Gary Trent JR], #54 [Shake Milton] 

2019: #20 [Matisse Thybulle], #28 [Jordan Poole], #30 [Kevin Porter Jr.], #31 [Nicolas Claxton], #41 [Eric Paschal], #48 [Terence Mann, one pick after Iggy] #52 [Jalen McDaniels]

2020: #19 [Saddiq Bey], #20 [Precious Achiuwa], #21 [Tyrese Maxey], #24 [R.J. Hampton], #25 [Immanuel Quickley], #26 [Payton Pritchards], #28 [Jaden McDaniels], #29 [Malachi Flynn], #30 [Desmond Bane]

This is why you accumulate draft picks and do not so cavalierly give them away. 

This draft has serious talent a #19, 21 and 32. 

I'm not saying we hold on to our picks for dear life, but damn near. 

Prudent, patient, purposeful scouting and analysis is how teams like the Spurs and Heat seemingly stay competitive and make the playoffs year after year, even though they invariably drafting between 19-32. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19569 on: July 23, 2021, 08:34:53 AM »

2014 - quite impressive

I think he is looking for world beaters, not rotation guys.  Giannis and Kawhi certainly do qualify.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19570 on: July 23, 2021, 08:41:35 AM »

Furthering his point - along with saying that getting a STUD with such late picks is a pipe dream - there is a greater likelihood - given your own list - that a player is a minor or non contributor than a solid rotation guy after pick 15.

I like all draftees - they contribute to the process - the character of a team - make others better simply by pushing for time.  60 of the best, the new crop - each year - of which we see half or more in some measure.

But having TWO/THREE after 18 - compared with one 12 and under - not sure it is wise to take the former lot - ever.  Making your selection 6 picks sooner is like Christmas morning.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19571 on: July 23, 2021, 08:44:57 AM »

I see three studs on your list after 15 - and this is of 450 picks.  0.66 per cent

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19572 on: July 23, 2021, 09:02:24 AM »

By the way - your beloved MIAMI has recently dealt away a first rounder in '22 and '23 and about 4 future seconds.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #19573 on: July 23, 2021, 09:02:54 AM »

2014 - quite impressive

I think he is looking for world beaters, not rotation guys.  Giannis and Kawhi certainly do qualify.
Yes, that was my point. With some exceptions, you do not get the guy who pushes a good team to greatness. Which is why getting good too soon can hamper a bid for greatness. I have always thought the problem with the 2003 and later Cavs was James made them too good too soon (that and Carlos Boozer fucking over a blind guy). Yes, they screwed up the draft picks they did have but drafting in double figures is harder than the lottery. It is also why moving down more than two or so slots for quantity makes little sense. Sure, you might get Leonard, or Butler, or Drey or the Greek Freak, but you are more likely to get Larry Nance Jr. Nice guy, you need players like him, but he will never be the reason you hoist the trophy.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19574 on: July 23, 2021, 11:09:16 AM »

Yeah, it's always the EXCEPTIONS that have the crazies in an uproar.

"Denver got Jokic at____, so we can...."

I like this new management group, so favor their HITTING over missing at 19 and 21.  But we will see.  Reports ARE that they are attempting to move up.  Chip's ire might be best directed at them,, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 ... 1848