Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 911695 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19590 on: July 25, 2021, 10:24:37 PM »

Carmelo Anthony (4 Olympic medals) not being in Tokyo is like when asshole women's soccer coach wanted to cut Carly Lloyd.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19591 on: July 26, 2021, 12:13:20 AM »

On the eve of draft week, I’d like Murphy III, Mann, and Bassey. I’d be willing to move the last pick and a future second or two and possibly eat some salary to get it done.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19592 on: July 26, 2021, 12:37:23 AM »

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 12:40:31 AM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19593 on: July 26, 2021, 12:44:39 AM »

And if we still have 58, fuck it -

MAC MCCLUNG, though I also like BRYANT REAVES

Heh

Could have had him

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 03:50:30 PM by kidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19594 on: July 26, 2021, 03:27:57 AM »

Mocks I've seen nonsensically have Knix taking PF's such as Garuba and Kai Jones.  Maybe these are "positionless" mocks, but it makes zero sense to list Knix as selecting a PF, unless we're moving Randle and/or Obi.  (I still have no idea why Knix drafted a PF last year).

Knix of course looking to package the two picks and move up.
Also could package Franc or Knox with the 19 or 21 to move up higher.
Try to get into the Giddy, Davion Mitchell, Kispert range.

If the Knix do keep both 1st round picks (ie no trade works out), a few PG's are listed in the 20's.  Jared Butler, Sharife don't like it Cooper, Tre Mann.  And scoring G's such as Bones Hyland, Cam Thomas.  All would seem to fill a need.  What do folks think of those prospects?

PG's in the 20's are by definition hit or miss.  Knix have tried it with Jerian Grant (with okayish Delon Wright on board) and other times with Frankie Fly, Toney D, Mardy Collins.   But occasionally you can get a Rondo, Lowry, DeJounte Murray.  Brogdan and Brunson were high 2nd rounders.

This year's draft resembles last year's when Maxey, Quickly, Pritchard, Malachi Flynn went from 21-29.  While strong shooters Saddiq Bey #19 & Des Bane #30 were available.  Knix only need to get a PG who can replace Elf as backup PG, with potential upside to become a starter. 

19 & 21 -- a ballhandler/passer & a shooter. 
Though likely NYK trade up.  I like Franc + #19 for a lower lottery slot.
And then still pick at #21 in what seems a quality/deep draft.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19595 on: July 26, 2021, 08:06:47 AM »

Hey, Bo - hope all is well

Tough call for me between Isaiah Jackson and PGs McBride and Hyland at 19.

Moving up still preferred if we could land a Kispert or even a Josh Giddey or Jonathan Kuminga

Imagine adding this talent:

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/josh-giddey/

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19596 on: July 26, 2021, 11:47:54 AM »

Bo! Wonderful to see you post.

We can’t do anything with Frank at the moment due to his free agency.

Sweetener or ballast type contracts in no particular order are last year’s rooks, Knox, Luca, and Pelle.

Mitch, Randle, RJ seem to be the current core of the core of our group to be kept out of everything but the biggest deals. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Oh, JOY
« Reply #19597 on: July 26, 2021, 12:19:57 PM »

Mocks I've seen nonsensically have Knix taking PF's such as Garuba and Kai Jones.  Maybe these are "positionless" mocks, but it makes zero sense to list Knix as selecting a PF, unless we're moving Randle and/or Obi.  (I still have no idea why Knix drafted a PF last year).

Knix of course looking to package the two picks and move up.
Also could package Franc or Knox with the 19 or 21 to move up higher.
Try to get into the Giddy, Davion Mitchell, Kispert range.

If the Knix do keep both 1st round picks (ie no trade works out), a few PG's are listed in the 20's.  Jared Butler, Sharife don't like it Cooper, Tre Mann.  And scoring G's such as Bones Hyland, Cam Thomas.  All would seem to fill a need.  What do folks think of those prospects?

PG's in the 20's are by definition hit or miss.  Knix have tried it with Jerian Grant (with okayish Delon Wright on board) and other times with Frankie Fly, Toney D, Mardy Collins.   But occasionally you can get a Rondo, Lowry, DeJounte Murray.  Brogdan and Brunson were high 2nd rounders.

This year's draft resembles last year's when Maxey, Quickly, Pritchard, Malachi Flynn went from 21-29.  While strong shooters Saddiq Bey #19 & Des Bane #30 were available.  Knix only need to get a PG who can replace Elf as backup PG, with potential upside to become a starter. 

19 & 21 -- a ballhandler/passer & a shooter. 
Though likely NYK trade up.  I like Franc + #19 for a lower lottery slot.
And then still pick at #21 in what seems a quality/deep draft.

chipstern

• View Profile
Druthers
« Reply #19598 on: July 26, 2021, 12:41:35 PM »

I really would love Duarte, who checks all the boxes for size, shooting, defense and leadership. 

Would be surprised to see him sitting their at #19. 

Likewise Trey Murphy, who at 6'9" would be something of a dream date at SF, and while still maturing on defense, checks all the other boxes. 

He is on the rise an likely a goner at #19. 

There is a good chance 6'10" Kentucky center Isaiah Jackson could be sitting there, offering depth an defense at C-PF, in the event, rather likely, that Nerlens follows the money.  Mitchell insurance.   

That makes a certain amount of sense. 

However, like BoD, I am baffled by projections of more bigs.

Jared Butler, a 6'3 PG out of Baylor, is a fierce defender and competitor, a knock down shooter coming off of a championship run.  If he is sitting there at #21, I bite. 

One projection I read at #32, has Sharife Cooper, PG from Auburn being on the board.  I doubt he falls that far.  Tre Mann is highly regarded as a shooter, not so much as a facilitator. 

There appear to be a surfeit of second tier PG/Combos, like a Maxey or Quickley. 

We shall see. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #19599 on: July 26, 2021, 01:43:26 PM »

I pointed out some weeks back that I've seen a ton of Bones Hyland playing for VCU. He's great. But his build and game is strikingly similar to IQ. Makes NO sense to have both.

If you're trading IQ, okay. But if I had to choose between the two — and forecast who will have the best future — I'd go with the kid who already proved himself last season.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
...from NBA to OLYMPICS + NFL
« Reply #19600 on: July 26, 2021, 01:59:58 PM »

ESPN announced on Wednesday that NBA and NFL analyst and host Maria Taylor is officially leaving the network. According to the statement released by ESPN, Taylor and the network couldn’t come to an agreement on a contract extension. Her final assignment was Tuesday night’s coverage of Game 6 of the NBA Finals. – via Liz Roscher @ Yahoo! Sports

heh

https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2021-07-23/nbc-quickly-hires-maria-taylor-after-her-departure-from-espn

So she moves WAY UP ...only thing higher is World Cup, let's see if NBC gets the rights after '26, lol

*** once again, assclown can't be more wrong, though apparently ESPN still smarting from "the boycott"

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #19601 on: July 26, 2021, 02:04:53 PM »

Bo! Wonderful to see you post.

Apparently Zach's "posse" had him locked up for a few months in a Trap House just outside of Gary, Indiana.

I made the call. Got him let go.

Welcome Back Bo!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19602 on: July 26, 2021, 03:37:38 PM »

Welcome back Bo!

I too am going to guess that Noel will be too expensive to retain and we will want some insurance behind Mitch and Taj.
In an ideal draft we get our PG and SF in the first round and draft a C with the #32 pick. 
Vernon Carey was the #32 last year and he made under 1.5 mil. 
I think that's what most modern "moneyball' front offices would like to spend on their backup C.

I'm also curious to see if Randle and OBI can co-exist. Toppin actually pairs well with other big men.

But since it seems likely that Murphy will be gone by 19 I wouldn't mind seeing the Knicks move up to get him.
In which case we find a PG in free agency.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 03:39:41 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19603 on: July 26, 2021, 05:31:35 PM »

Memphis and New Orleans do the desl.

lesterluv

• View Profile
Yes, she will be working the Super Bowl, too...
« Reply #19604 on: July 26, 2021, 06:56:38 PM »

absolute tippy tippy toppy of her profession! tippy tippy tippy tippy toppy! Well done....
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:15:10 PM by lesterluv »
Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 1848