Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913977 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19620 on: July 27, 2021, 02:31:57 PM »

25 mil a year for Spencer Dinwiddie?

Wow.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Poop
« Reply #19621 on: July 27, 2021, 02:37:41 PM »

New York will pursue Evan Fournier in free agency and are considering making a push for Spencer Dinwiddie, according to sources. Dinwiddie declined his player option for $12.3 million with Brooklyn Nets to become an unrestricted free agent. – via Keith Pompey @ The Philadelphia Inquirer

The Boston Celtics acquired Fournier from the Orlando Magic in March. He’ll become an unrestricted free agent. The French guard, who helped his native country upset the U.S. in the Olympics earlier this week, is expected to ask for around $18 million per season, while Dinwiddie’s asking price is $25 million per, sources say. – via Keith Pompey @ The Philadelphia Inquirer

Well, now...

Fournier is a 6'7" wing, who is 28, a career 80% FT shooter and .379 3-PT shooter.  Good for 3 assists a game. 

While 18 million seems a tad steep, this is today's NBA.  Better more consistent stat line than Kelly Oubre. 

I like Spencer, but not at 25 million coming off of a serious knee injury. 

Oh well. 

Give us this day our daily circle jerk. 

PS: I still hate the idea of giving up OBI, and Kevin AND our #19 pick for Collin Sexton.

Agree with all of it

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19622 on: July 27, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »

Burks over Fornier over Bullock.

Yes to Sexton for Knox though I’d like it to be Knox and Pelle or Knox and Luca plus 21 and a second rounder or a future pick.

I also would consider trading Randle for Wiggins +7 +14, depending on who is left on the board at 7.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Knicks - Golden State
« Reply #19623 on: July 27, 2021, 05:16:18 PM »

Golden State reported to have rejected a trade offer of the 19 and 21 for the 14th pick. 

I don't know which is dumber, the Knicks for making that offer or GS for rejecting it.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19624 on: July 27, 2021, 05:59:47 PM »

Kam - don't you think the Knicks had good reason?  Why cant you grasp the idea that management feels a player we really like might be there at 14 that we would MISS on if we stood pat?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19625 on: July 27, 2021, 06:01:50 PM »

Golden State is currently deciding id the player they LOVE might make it to 14 if they pass on him at 7.  So there is your answer to what their thinking is.  NOT giving up that pick cheaply, as certainly that player is long gone by 19.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19626 on: July 27, 2021, 06:02:59 PM »

As for volume of picks, recall last year we decided we didnt WANT our last one.

Pick 30 has been offered around.  Are we jumping through hoops to get it?  Very likely not.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19627 on: July 28, 2021, 03:01:16 PM »

NBATV Mock Draft - Knicks about to select...

Duarte just went 15,  Murphy 16, Cooper 17, Sengun 18

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19628 on: July 28, 2021, 03:03:31 PM »

Giddey went 10th, J Butler 14th (to G State when Pacers snatched Davion Mitchell at 13)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19629 on: July 28, 2021, 03:06:55 PM »

KNICKS get KISPERT at 19 (selected by Andy Katz), then Isiah Jackson goes 20.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 03:09:23 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19630 on: July 28, 2021, 03:09:01 PM »

It's KAI JONES at 21 (chosen by Jim Jackson)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19631 on: July 28, 2021, 03:18:06 PM »

Hoping we can have some of you here in real time as picks are made.

Ziaire Williams is interesting.  But I have made my first choice (Jackson) if the mock goes as I just posted..  My second - with Butler gone - would likely be McBride but I could live with Z Williams or Hyland.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19632 on: July 28, 2021, 03:33:19 PM »

Fournier goes quiet/takes nights off too often.
Like he's friends with Courtney Lee.

Sexton small and erratic.  There's a reason he's available.
(admittedly I barely saw him last year).

BallZo -- make a sizable offer of say $22.5M starting, dropping to $20M.  A 23 year old 3&D PG, who will up our pace and ball movement.
Pels might be going in for Lowry, for vet leadership and toughness.  Re-signing Hart for $10-$12M and letting Ball walk.

For trades, if we don't get Ball, I'd keep an eye on DeJounte, a long defensive PG coming along a bit slowly -- $15M and locked up for 3 years.   Not ideal pairing with RJ, but Barrett has started nailing 3's some.  I'd be interested in Markaanen if we hadn't drafted ObiT.  A stretch 4 who could use some Thibs toughening.

For the draft, Jared Butler sounds like a very solid player, a Ty Haliburton type, who slid because of a heart condition (he's just been cleared).
Otherwise plenty of intriguing G's such as McBride/Springer/Mann.

CBSports has Knix taking PF Kai Jones and then raw athlete Keon Johnson, all of which sounds exactly wrong.  They have Springer going in between those two and Butler going just after Keon.  Would hope Knix wouldn't pass on both Butler and Springer.

So add Ball, if possible.  Bring back Rose.  Draft an SG shooter (no SF's in our range) and a PG.  If the draftee or IQ shows promise as a backup PG, then Rose could be moved mid-season.  But the Rose/IQ bench pairing was pretty nice.  Having Ball would keep the Knick core identity, while improving the halfcourt offense.  Ball - Barrett - Bullox - Mitch.  That's a tough defensive unit.  Rose and IQ (and ObiT?) can score off the bench. 
Would just be a starting SF away from contention.  So that Bullocks and Noel would shore up our bench.

I'd also pay Noel his $10+M and bring Mitch back on his cheapo one year deal, and work out an extension.  One can always be traded later.

Otherwise, see if ObiT could be traded for Giddey ...
Then drafting Kai Jones would make sense.  And we'd have more ballhandling/passing.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
The Diddley Chronicles
« Reply #19633 on: July 28, 2021, 04:50:36 PM »

Fournier goes quiet/takes nights off too often.
Like he's friends with Courtney Lee.

Sexton small and erratic.  There's a reason he's available.
(admittedly I barely saw him last year).

BallZo -- make a sizable offer of say $22.5M starting, dropping to $20M.  A 23 year old 3&D PG, who will up our pace and ball movement.
Pels might be going in for Lowry, for vet leadership and toughness.  Re-signing Hart for $10-$12M and letting Ball walk.

For trades, if we don't get Ball, I'd keep an eye on DeJounte, a long defensive PG coming along a bit slowly -- $15M and locked up for 3 years.   Not ideal pairing with RJ, but Barrett has started nailing 3's some.  I'd be interested in Markaanen if we hadn't drafted ObiT.  A stretch 4 who could use some Thibs toughening.

For the draft, Jared Butler sounds like a very solid player, a Ty Haliburton type, who slid because of a heart condition (he's just been cleared).
Otherwise plenty of intriguing G's such as McBride/Springer/Mann.

CBSports has Knix taking PF Kai Jones and then raw athlete Keon Johnson, all of which sounds exactly wrong.  They have Springer going in between those two and Butler going just after Keon.  Would hope Knix wouldn't pass on both Butler and Springer.

So add Ball, if possible.  Bring back Rose.  Draft an SG shooter (no SF's in our range) and a PG.  If the draftee or IQ shows promise as a backup PG, then Rose could be moved mid-season.  But the Rose/IQ bench pairing was pretty nice.  Having Ball would keep the Knick core identity, while improving the halfcourt offense.  Ball - Barrett - Bullox - Mitch.  That's a tough defensive unit.  Rose and IQ (and ObiT?) can score off the bench. 
Would just be a starting SF away from contention.  So that Bullocks and Noel would shore up our bench.

I'd also pay Noel his $10+M and bring Mitch back on his cheapo one year deal, and work out an extension.  One can always be traded later.

Otherwise, see if ObiT could be traded for Giddey ...
Then drafting Kai Jones would make sense.  And we'd have more ballhandling/passing.

We actually appear to be on the same page, more or less. 

Giddey could conceivably go to the Warriors at #7 or the Grizz at #10.  Or the Spurs at #12. 

Don't see him falling much below here.  I believe these teams see him as a big wing/point forward. 

We also disagree on Obi, but that is nothing new.  I am also in the minority as regards Obi and his upside.  Given how effective Taj was as a hybrid C-PF for Thibs, I see no reason why Obit could not be groomed as such, given his athleticism and comparable size. 

I can already anticipate your objections.  But the Knicks history of reflexively cashing out their high draft picks well before they have had an opportunity to blossom, remains disturbing to me.  The last Knicks #1 pick to be tendered a vet's contract re-up, was CHARLIE WARD. 

I mean, Knox + Obi PLUS both the #19 & 21 for Sexton?  Aaaaarghh.  More shiny objects, let alone one who will want a max deal next summer?  Knox AND #19?  Perhaps...but bot our #1s AND Obi.  Fuck that.  I mean, there was plenty of traction to give up on RJ after a spotty rookie year.  I realize that I am a walking cliche when I intone my mantra about PATIENCE, but, well...it is a virtue if we are going to build and sustain a competitive environ for the next 5-7 years.  I mean, Sexton is a pretty dynamic, high energy scorer, and I can recall one game against the Knicks last year where he really lit us up.  Still, more shiny objects.  Not sure he's the cat you go all in on...

Otherwise, we appear to be in sync. 

Not sure there is a consensus within the Knicks Brain Trust on Lonzo Ball, but the notion of a 6'6" PG with great court vision, who can push the pace, hits a decent percentage of treys, and who has been getting to the FT line at a more acceptable clip and who is a lock down defender?  Well...we shall see. 

It would me a miracle if Duarte fell to #19, a drop dead 6'6" shooter who is a ferocious defender.  And it would appear Troy Murphy, a 6'9" SF, has seen his stock rising as well. 

Thibs apparently really likes PG McBride.  I myself am pulling for Butler. 

Not sure where we stand with our FAs.  One has to believe that Rose would really like to come back, and that the feeling is para-mutual.  It was a good fit, and at $10 million for another year [or two], he could optimally give us 20 minutes a night without burning out while mentoring IQ and Vildoza and whomever we bring on through the draft or FA. 

Noels?  Would love to bring him back, but I suspect he is looking for something richer and longer term than we might be prepared to offer.  If he is sitting there like low hanging fruit at 19 or 21, I would expect the Knicks to give Kentucky [KENTUCKY] C-PF Isaiah Jackson. 

As for Bullock and Burks?  I suspect Thibs would really like to bring Reggie back, but he and Burks are both going to court significant offers.  Fournier for $18 million...Oubre...good players but not feeling it. Fournier can surely shoot, but for that type of money?  I would be all in for offering Ball money comparable to what Fred Van Vleet got from the Raptors, in the $20-22 million a year x 4 country. 

Finally, I suspect something tasty in the way of a shooter or a point guard or BOTH [Tre Mann?] might very well fall in our laps at #32.  This is a pretty deep draft. 

Be that as it may, will be interesting to see what Thibs-Rose-WWW-Aller-Perry-Perrin-Houston have learned from last season and their previous dip into the draft and free agency.  Or if there might even be some draft. night deals where we use our cap space to take on contracts in exchange for more draft capital.  Thursday is the draft and Monday if Free Agency, so by this time next week, we will have a clearer idea of what we will look like going into summer league. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 04:52:33 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19634 on: July 28, 2021, 05:56:22 PM »

OK, you trade wizards -

per HOOPSSHYPE - Indiana and Charlotte may be willing to deal their pick but the price of 19 and 21 would not suffice

Lets hear some offers (please - it has to be more than just adding Knox or Frank)
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 1848