Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912011 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1965 on: November 13, 2018, 04:02:42 PM »

Why is Kanter coming off the bench?  His defense is no weaker than Timmy's

Why put two below average defenders on the court at the same time
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 13, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »

Terry rosier will be a RFA next year and will receive deals boston cannot swallow.

if Irving signs as expected and Smart is already signed Boston is fixed at the point and will be paying over 50 million for those 2.

so why not offer Frank and Burke to Boston for Terry now.

If Terry hits the RFA market NY should be involved heavily unless KD or Kawhi wants NY ( both unlikely)

I like Rozier a lot, and he'll have lots of interested as a RFA, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ainge traded Rozier before next year, as it might be the addition by subtraction solution (too much depth/division of 240) that yields the best return to the Celts. I would be a little surprised though if he traded Rozier within the division, but if the return was good enough... 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 13, 2018, 04:53:08 PM »

Fizz has gone with Tim Jr surrounded by 4 defenders.

Tim Jr can be hidden on whichever wing is weakest (except when Fizz decided Tim should guard LaVert on the final play).  As a C, Kant is the backline rim defender and just too porous down low, while teams can also abuse him with stretchy Bigs or involving him in the PnR.
Besides, Tim's D isn't as bad as Kants.

I like the idea of a former starter coming in and dominating off the bench.  We saw that with Valunciunas the other night.  Lou Williams and Craw (after crying about the bench role in NYC) made a career out of that.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 13, 2018, 05:16:46 PM »

Our best two defenders... Robinson and Ntilikina ... are also offensive liabilities. 
I don't know why Coach doesn't call for more Pick and Rolls between them.
Frank is supposed to be good at that.
Why can't we get some lob slams.
lob city?

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 13, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »

Terry rosier will be a RFA next year and will receive deals boston cannot swallow.

if Irving signs as expected and Smart is already signed Boston is fixed at the point and will be paying over 50 million for those 2.

If Terry hits the RFA market NY should be involved heavily unless KD or Kawhi wants NY ( both unlikely)

boston loses Terry with no return unless they make a deal.

suns interested.

I like Rozier a lot, and he'll have lots of interested as a RFA, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ainge traded Rozier before next year, as it might be the addition by subtraction solution (too much depth/division of 240) that yields the best return to the Celts. I would be a little surprised though if he traded Rozier within the division, but if the return was good enough...

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 13, 2018, 07:25:26 PM »

Suns, Magic, Knix the teams that need a starting PG.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 13, 2018, 07:57:02 PM »

Sexton is smoking Kemba Walker.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Kwak
« Reply #1972 on: November 13, 2018, 08:07:13 PM »

Forum Fave Kemba is 1-9 at the half.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 13, 2018, 08:10:56 PM »

boston loses Terry with no return unless they make a deal.

suns interested.

I had read Suns, Magic, Spurs and 3-4 other teams were interested in Rozier.

So it seems there's a mrket for Ainge to play in.
My guess is Ainge trades Rozier, the question is pre-trade deadline, or match/sign and trade.

I'd guess before February deadline.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 13, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »

Walker 2-16 7 pts

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 14, 2018, 01:08:48 AM »

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Junior.Trier
« Reply #1976 on: November 14, 2018, 01:20:24 AM »

3 of the guys we play most play the same position;  Junior, Dot, Trier

Fantasy Trades:

1. If we can trade Tim to Miami for Waiters and Ellington we should.
2. Trade Kanter for Taj Gibson+filler and a 2nd round pick in 2020

That THJr trade is pretty terrible. I'm only moving him for cap space. Otherwise, he's a good (if overpaid) player, he's dedicated, he improves a little ever year. He's a good guy to have on the team, unless you want space. Why take those contracts on when rebuilding?

Similarly, the Kanter for Taj deal doesn't make sense for either Minny or NY. Why take on that salary?

We stretched Noah rather than buy him out. Had we bought him out, it would have meant we were hedging on 2019 FA with an eye to 2020 FA. Instead, we have nearly 7MM in dead cap money in both 2019 and 2020. That means the move only makes sense if we're spending money this summer.

Durant is a fair #1 target, but the odds are long, longer than Lebron to LA.

With Butler, Klay and Kyrie all presumably off the board, I think Kemba is the next priority. Chip believes there is no chance Kemba walks. I think he probably stays in Charlotte (not because of the adoration, he'll get that in NY, but because a small point guard has to take the fifth year if he can get it), but NY will offer him a better basketball and marketing situation than Charlotte, and some guys really want to come home. He'd be a fantastic fit even if we didn't add anyone else but our lottery pick (not a strong year for PGs, although the kid from Vandy looks interesting so far). If those first three guys aren't off the board, I think the Knicks end up on the short list for each.

If not Kemba, Rozier, if he isn't traded to the Magic or Suns, would be an interesting target. We'd have to overpay to ensure Boston doesn't match, and I worry that point guards do better under Stevens than under other systems. But he can ball.

I'm not interested in Boogie for this particular team, nor DeAndre. Middleton is great, but not the right team for him either (plus Milwaukee probably over pays). I think Bledsoe only leaves for one for one of the LA teams. Surely Mirotic and (NYer!) Tobias Harris won't actually be available. Maybe Rubio if we get desperate to spend money

Dark horse targets: Delon Wright, Julius Randle. Would be pretty pleased with adding those two and, say, Cam Reddish to this squad for next year, while keeping Vonleh and one of Mudiay or Hezonja if we aren't able to create a tonne of cap space, win the lottery, or sing an A-list free agent. That would be a fun squad.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 14, 2018, 04:23:35 AM »

Jaren Jackson Jr. looks pretty good for MEMf.
A large guy at 6'11" 245, but pretty mobile.

The two games I saw had his season high in blocks -- 5 each.
Utah game was his first double-double.

He somewhat plays in spurts, but he's hard to stop when engaged.
But they rarely run any plays for him, so he's mostly just taking opportunistic stuff at this point.

A good help defender.  Averaging nearly 2 blocks per.
Really filling a role nicely for the surprising Grrrlz.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 14, 2018, 08:12:23 AM »

There were murmurs pre draft that multiple teams looked to deal up for J Jax.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 14, 2018, 09:48:05 AM »

You do actually get cap space with the Hardaway-Waiters deal.

But a bit silly to deal down a 20 PER to a 10.

Plus - Waiters has his positives when right but have to wonder why one of his nicknames is HEADACHE.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1848