Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899606 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19755 on: August 02, 2021, 08:59:45 AM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2946639-br-staff-makes-2021-nba-free-agency-and-trade-market-predictions

“ Prediction: Fournier to the Knicks on a three-year, $55 million contract. That's too rich for Boston's blood and why it made a trade with the Dallas Mavericks to pick up Josh Richardson (for Moses Brown) on Saturday.

—Pincus”

He also had Klaw opting in, so…

Kawbi opted out.

Look for him to reup with the Clips.

Fournier

And?

Schroeder would be my guess, if not necessarily my prefefence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19756 on: August 02, 2021, 03:31:39 PM »

Reggie Jax over Dennis the not-quite-a-menace. D Rose over both. I’m happy w Rose & Fornier on 3 year 50 mil-ish deals. Same ballpark but on the lower end for Burks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19757 on: August 02, 2021, 05:07:30 PM »

I'd expect that a PF such as Zach Collins, likely signing on to a make-good one year deal to get his career back on track, would look at the NYK roster with Randle & ObiT in place and figure minutes would be hard to come by.  And go elsewhere where PF minutes are available.  While Knix would have to question whether a 3rd-string PF was a good use of cap space.

Otoh, Batum, Porter, Duncan Rob, Oubre or another SF could see an opportunity to start or get good minutes as a backup Knick.

My own targets?  Assuming Ball ain't on the radar?

DeMar DeRozan
Cameron Payne
Reggie Jackson
Kelly Olynk

Heh heh heh

All of which I have spoken highly in the past.

Well done.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Signing our own
« Reply #19758 on: August 02, 2021, 06:48:16 PM »

Burks 3yr/30mil and Noel 3yr/32mil return on team-friendly deals.   Good players on easily movable contracts. 
This is a strategy I advocated.  Knicks are staying competitive while remaining a player in future trade markets.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19759 on: August 02, 2021, 07:07:02 PM »

The underpay for Burks cancels out the overpay for Noel who can now afford a private hands coach with the new contract.

Still need Rose and Taj. And maybe Fornier.

Mitch Noel Sims
Randle Toppin Simms
Burks Knox
Barrett Quickley Grimes
Vildoza McBride
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
head spinning, whirling, bobbing, twirling, reeling
« Reply #19760 on: August 02, 2021, 07:47:01 PM »

Still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that after the 30-year Knick search for a Reggie Bullock finally landed Reggie Bullock we let go of Reggie Bullock

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1422335521418665986

** we appreciated what ya brought Reg!

* good pickup for the Mavs, he'll fit nicely there

** our two weakest starting spots now guaranteed to be upgraded!

*** or was it a 40 year search according to Zizzley? Can't remember.

* I have no issue with calling this strategy the "Kamster Gambit"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 07:56:33 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19761 on: August 02, 2021, 08:19:51 PM »

Reggie got his Bag, which he earned, and is more than I wanted us to pay him. Now his job is Ding up and setting up off of Luca. It’s a pretty good role for a good player.

Meanwhile on a 3 year guarantee w a team option for the 4th we have Evan Fournier at just under 19.5 per year, 78 mil total.

Mitch Noel Sims
Randle Obi Simms
Fournier Burks Knox
RJ Quickley Grimes
Vildoza McBride

Rose is the last big shoe to drop.

10 (AB) + 11 (NN) + 19 (EF) leaves 11 mil for Rose or 14 if we waive Vildoza.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
4/80 for Fournier! (and shoe dropped)
« Reply #19762 on: August 02, 2021, 08:22:12 PM »

« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 08:24:00 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19763 on: August 02, 2021, 08:27:07 PM »

Rose 3 for 43. Nice.

Just two extensions to work out then get everyone fit & healthy & on the same page.

Shot creation and spacing were served except at the center spot.

The Lakers should really get in touch w Taj. He could really help their campaign.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19764 on: August 02, 2021, 08:42:09 PM »

Mitch Noel Sims
Randle Obi Simms
Fournier Burks Knox
RJ Grimes Quickley
Rose Vildoza McBride

The second unit is smaller & faster with similar tendencies and skills and the third unit are all young physical specimens ready to throw their bodies around as they learn the nuances of the game from the guys ahead of them. We still have a spot or two left if we put Sims or Simms on a two way deal.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #19765 on: August 02, 2021, 10:26:25 PM »

Yep, this is good solid stuff, and has me very much looking forward to the coming year. With some health from Mitch (can't wait for the return of 48 minutes of continual rim protection), more development from the young ones, a little productivity from the rookies, better offense creativity from Thibs, could be a fun one.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:32:06 PM by lesterluv »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #19766 on: August 02, 2021, 11:01:02 PM »

I'm happy with all this too.

Fuck it, I like our guys. However imperfect, this new formation seems much better than the alternatives endlessly ballyhooed in recent months.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19767 on: August 03, 2021, 01:12:51 AM »

$10M for Noel is on par with starting defensive C salaries.  Most making $12M +/-$2M.  Nawlins did a great job last year.  Seemed to have a key 4Q block every game 2nd half of the season.   

Mitch still making nothing.  So Knix paying $12M for two quality defensive C's. Gives NYK a chance to evaluate Mitch's health/impact and decide who starts/stays long-term.  Either/both are tradeable assets. 

Pelle for all his grit was 28.  Sims is young.  Or bring back Taj.  Taj's offensive boarding was masterful.  Besides the extra possessions, Taj's O-boarding was a defensive strategy on to itself.  Plenty of times Taj tipped a potential O-board, preventing the opps from any chance at transition, allowing Knix to get set on D and find their preferred matchups.  Valuable stuff.

I'd say Knix overpaid some for Rose.  Sort of a Thibs thank you for the years.  Rose as starting PG without a clear backup ...

Bullocks got a 3/$30M with DAL.  Who basically swapped Josh Rich for Reg Bullox.  Celts swapped Fournier for the cheaper Josh Rich.  Fournier always strikes me as a guy who can score, but takes nights and quarters off.  And gets in trouble when he tries to do too much dribbling and forces shot creation.  Not as focused on D as he should be.  Gets some unnecessary fouls by being out of position or taking a bad angle.  Overall, imo  Fournier needs to focus more and up his consistency.  Otherwise he's a fairly good offensive player who you can't rely on too much.  Getting the same ($18M or so) money as Tim Jr.

Well, Chip should be happy.  As this was very much a like-our-team type of off-season.  I guess Fournier is the starting SF.  And RJB now guards the other team's best wing scorer.  An extra challenge for our young pup.

Bench looks solid, if we can unearth a backup PG or one of our rooks is ready.  Burdening Rose with big minutes sounds real short-sighted, like a disaster waiting to happen.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19768 on: August 03, 2021, 01:14:35 AM »

Plus we’ll be adding wrinkles to a foundation started last year instead of reinventing the whole thing from scratch. We keep 8 of our 10 regular rotation players from last season’s team.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19769 on: August 03, 2021, 01:43:57 AM »

Bucks found a great Tucker replacement in Ojeleye. Nice job by their FO.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1844