Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912392 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19770 on: August 03, 2021, 03:45:30 AM »

George Hill got waived…
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19771 on: August 03, 2021, 09:11:22 AM »

Wizards get even more interesting

Dinwiddie at 3/60.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Writing on the ball
« Reply #19772 on: August 03, 2021, 09:20:02 AM »

After signing Noel to multiple years you create a potential trade of either Noel or Mitch sometime before having to re-sign Mitch.

For example Mitch+Burks+Fournier = $30mil to trade for a starting lineup upgrade if we want to go all-in on a big money player making $37.5mil

Or Noel+Rose = $25mil for a backcourt upgrade if we want to go for a player making $31mil

We have a lot of SHORT contracts between 10mil-20mil to mix and match.  A clear and obvious sign we are willing to deal.

Add in our draft capital and we are a very real player for the next big name who wants to leave their current team.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19773 on: August 03, 2021, 11:01:11 AM »

Yes.  Good post.

But first...

must keep winning

NBATV guys not sure we are solidly in top 8, seems they feel last season was a bit flukey

Me?  I think the continuity, plus a usable guy like Fornier and better Robinson health (fingers crossed) plus maturity from Toppin signals an incredibly deep group.

I think when all is said and done this could be a Knicks era we can be proud of, even short of a title.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19774 on: August 03, 2021, 11:34:39 AM »

So...

what exactly happened with Brad Stevens and Evan Fournier, Celtics being EF's preferred landing spot?

Inquiring minds want to know.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19775 on: August 03, 2021, 11:36:26 AM »

Fun Olympics Final 4

US v Australia
France v Slovenia

US game 1215 am eastern Thursday

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19776 on: August 03, 2021, 11:45:09 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19777 on: August 03, 2021, 12:12:59 PM »

Not sure what PHI will do, but with Embiid/Tobias and either Simmons or what they get for Simmons, '6ers should be Top 3 in the East.  Along with BKY and MIL.  MIA probably just busted into the Top 4 by adding Lowry.

5. ATL was better than us last year, and with better health they could be in contention again.  Very deep team, and now with some PG depth.  More experienced, good continuity.

Then there's BOS, IND, NYK, WAS & CHA fighting for the last 3 spots.
All of those teams have talent & flaws.
So 6-10 range for NY.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19778 on: August 03, 2021, 01:38:57 PM »

$10M for Noel is on par with starting defensive C salaries.  Most making $12M +/-$2M.  Nawlins did a great job last year.  Seemed to have a key 4Q block every game 2nd half of the season.   

Mitch still making nothing.  So Knix paying $12M for two quality defensive C's. Gives NYK a chance to evaluate Mitch's health/impact and decide who starts/stays long-term.  Either/both are tradeable assets. 

Pelle for all his grit was 28.  Sims is young.  Or bring back Taj.  Taj's offensive boarding was masterful.  Besides the extra possessions, Taj's O-boarding was a defensive strategy on to itself.  Plenty of times Taj tipped a potential O-board, preventing the opps from any chance at transition, allowing Knix to get set on D and find their preferred matchups.  Valuable stuff.

Taj returns for 2.7mil.  I believe we are now at the salary cap.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19779 on: August 03, 2021, 02:03:07 PM »

Hearing Bird rights used on D Rose, freeing more free agent cash

Nice, Leon.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19780 on: August 03, 2021, 02:04:19 PM »

The mystery of TOR passing on Jalen Suggs for Scottie Barnes is solved - as Raps latch onto GORAN DRAGIC via the Lowry deal.

Will they still in time regret not having Suggs?  I say they just might - but we shall see,

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19781 on: August 03, 2021, 02:07:12 PM »

With the Knicks out of cap space, they are still trying to add a new point guard to the roster via trade, according to sources, or by using their $5 million cap-room exception. The Knicks, after they got destroyed by the Hawks, 4-1, in the first round of the playoffs, are still not a preferred destination for free agents. They were forced to roll it back, with Fournier deemed as their offseason difference-maker. – via Marc Berman @ New York Post

Yeah  - Rose continuing his role off the bench makes sense.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19782 on: August 03, 2021, 02:13:37 PM »

Not surprised we re-signed Taj.  Did good work.  Terrific 3rd string C.  And a Thibs guy for life.  I'm guessing $2.7M is the vet min for a guy with his tenure.  And if so the league pays much of that -- though i assume all of it goes against the cap.

Lotta starting PG's shuffled around, and Knix stood on the sidelines (as usual).  Then again, I don't think I would have wanted to pay Dinwiddie $20M per even if he hadn't had a serious injury.  Sounds like the Knix didn't make a play for BallZo. 

SA picked up Zach Collins and McDermott.  3/$22M for Zach.
Exactly the type of retooling team that should take a chance on Zach.
SAS had limited 3-point shooting last year (DeJounte and DeRozan don't shoot them -- so McDeRmott will help)

McConnell 4/$35M.  Fairly long and pricey.  (FA's Caruso and Theis got similar deals).  Can't be many backup PG's making more than that. 

Sources: Otto Porter Jr. turned down the midlevel exception elsewhere to play for the Warriors at the minimum.
Interesting if he passed up nearly $10M for under $3M.
An opportunity for Porter to get back on track.  A capable 3 point shooter who should get open shots.
GSW also picked up Bjelica

Dragic has gotten creaky.
Likely Suggs just didn't impress them.  Rumoured to have had a poor TOR workout.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19783 on: August 03, 2021, 02:54:32 PM »

McConnell 4/$35M.  Fairly long and pricey.  (FA's Caruso and Theis got similar deals).  Can't be many backup PG's making more than that.

Yeah, I see Caruso signed for 4/38.

It's the MIX, not so much the payments that has to make sense.

How do the players fit together?

You hear that, Brad Stevens?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 02:57:15 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19784 on: August 03, 2021, 02:56:22 PM »

Speaking of the Celtics - NBA Radio guys shitting on Payton Pritchard a bit.

I totally disagree.  Get that kid out of the corner, get the damn ball out of Tatum's hands and let the PG work.  More than a role player if given a shot.  Will UDOKA agree?
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1848