Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908855 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19785 on: August 03, 2021, 03:06:06 PM »

Tatum 3/5 from deep after 5/10 in mostly garbage time the game before.  Seems to like the international ball/line

His stroke will be key in semi and final.

Durant statement was interesting - said Pop needed time to settle on a rotation - and that PRACTICE TIME in Japan has been key.  Time = success when there is talent.  I do like the 9-man rotation (Jerami Grant currently the tenth)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19786 on: August 03, 2021, 03:07:11 PM »

That said - Rubio damn near beat us almost single-handedly

Beware Luka.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19787 on: August 03, 2021, 03:27:18 PM »

Nice that Taj is back. I always figured that likely. This moves one or both Sim(m)s to the two-way slot. Let’s say it’s both & see where we’re at…

Mitch Noel Taj
Randle Obi Knox
Fournier Burks Grimes
RJ Quickley Vildoza
Rose McBride

Sims Simms

There’s room for a PG.

Who is left available?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19788 on: August 03, 2021, 03:38:21 PM »

It looks like we have 8 mil to play with. My top get would be Reggie Jackson, who I haven’t heard has signed anywhere, though I suspect he gets more.

It doesn’t look like Nunn or THT have come to terms. I’d give either one an 8 mil starting offer and see if it works. The Heat have pulled their QO and don’t have the right to match.

Malik Monk and Melo to Lakers.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:42:28 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Stability, Chemistry, Consistency
« Reply #19789 on: August 03, 2021, 03:48:55 PM »

COLOR CHIP HAPPY

Mitch Noel [Sims]
Randle Obi Taj [Simms]
Fournier Burks Knox
RJ Grimes Quickley
Rose Vildoza McBride [Jokubaitis]

I tell you what. 

Rose, WWW, Aller, Perry, Perrin

Thibs, Bryant, Payne

For the first time in my adult life, I have genuine confidence in the Knicks management and coaching

Are we a championship contender?

NO. 

But we are a a competitive team a playoff aspirations and a maturing culture, and as the Hawks proved, once you get into the final scrum, anything is possible. 

Hey, the East is TOUGH and just got tougher

BoD's critique of Fournier is not unfair. 

But there's the thing. 

As per the money he is getting? 

It was enough to get the Celtics to fold up shop.  Timmy Hardaway money [and on Timmy's third contract, I believe he has earned it, as he kept growing]. 

Fournier will be 29 by opening day. 

He has prototypical size and length as a 6'7" NBA wing, Knox is 6'7".  Burks and RJ are 6'6"

Bullock is a better man on man lock up defender for sure, and statistically, a better 3 point and FT shooter. 

But Bullock's strength as a three point shooter, is as a catch and shoot.  How many two pointers do you recall him making last season?  And he does not get to the FT line very often.  On Dallas, spotting up with Timmy waiting for a squirt from Docic's tit, he ought to be in hog heaven. 

Fournier is far superior as an all around scorer.  Unlike Bullock, he can create his own shot, off the dribble, the penetration, in the mid and long range game.  Fournier and Burks and RJ all have shown a gift for getting to the rack, getting and converting more free throws, which is very much a Derrick Rose/THIBS modus operandi. 

Fournier converts like 80% of his FTs, has shown himself capable of knocking down 17-20 points a night.  He is also good for 3 boards and 3 assists and 1 steal a night.   

AGAIN, Fournier, Burks, Rose all can create their own offense.  Bullock is most effective as a spot up shooter. 

You better believe that THIBS was pulling for FOURNIER, and he fucking loved Reggie Bullock. 

The addition of Fournier, the re-upping of Rose, Noel, Burks and Gibson, the subtraction of Payton and Ntilikina, the drafting of Grimes, Jokubaitis and McBride, the signing of Vildoza, and the reach our to Sims & Simms, bespeaks THIBS' interest in shooting, bigger wings who can create their own offense, PGs who can shoot and run the pick and roll, and get to the rack and finish and convert from the charity stripe. 

Sims & Simms look like Westchester 2-way contracts, good for 50 games with the big boys. Jericho looks to have enough upside to justify cutting loose Pelle.  Epic Hops, defensive presence and a handsome academic soul to boot.  Jokubaitis is a PLAYA, and I really look forward to seeing him in summer league.  He has opt out provisions, and even after a year or two of seasoning on Euroleague powerhouse Barcelona he will still only be 22. 

Grimes and McBride are DAWGS.  Great three point shooters and fierce defenders.  Vildoza has been up and down in the Olympics, but also defends, is adept at penetrating and the pick and roll, a wily passer, and when not pressing, a good three point shooter.  Some aspects of his game remind me of Rose, others of Quickley. 

Having Noel and Sims [and Taj AND Obi] to push Mitchell can only give us more quality depth, defense and fouls to give.  No reason Obi cannot evolve as a hybird PF-C like kindly Uncle Taj. 

Was watching a replay of our first win of the season when we put whooping on the Bucks [who later in the season, when more in sync, fucking nuked us], and it was a revelation how well Mitchell played, was able to intermittently frustrate Giannis, and what a great opening run Burks was on before hurting his ankle.  Also, great games from the dearly departed and eternally inconsistent, Elfrid and Frank. 

I'm rambling. 

But I am so happy we retained Noel, Burks and Taj.  Nerlens and Alecs got well deserved raises, and clearly bought in to being part of this culture, even though they might've gotten more money elsewhere. 

We were generous with Rose, but he EARNED IT, and also, based on Bird rights and God only knows what else, all of his salary, as per Grand Wizir Aller, will not count against the cap. 

Steve Popper: Hearing that the Derrick Rose deal may not hamstring the Knicks the way it’s been talked about – think he’s fitting into an early bird slot, so Knicks could have at least $9 million – which could escalate easily to $12 million

I'm still rambling. 

We brought back most of the key players who helped THIBS change the team and defensive culture, who made us a playoff team, and who as a result, WANTED TO BE BACK, WANTED TO BE KNICKS. 

I am THRILLED that we did not go all in for the fucking SHINY OBJECTS, be they Colin Sexton, Kelly Oubre, Dennis Schroeder, Spencer Dimwiddie, all talented players, but all of who severely over estimate their net worth. 

I am THRILLED that the trade your entire fucking team for a SHINY OBJECT circle jerk has mercifully ended.  I am happy for Bradley Beal and how the Wiz have upgraded the team around him, ditto the Bulls and Zack Lavine [Lonzo Ball a perfect addition and running buddy]. I have ZERO expectation that Kawhi is leaving the Clippers.  And while Dame remains a persistent wet dream in the hearts and mind of half the league, and eternal dipshit Stephen A., I suspect that if the Blazers re=up Powell and trade O-C for the Raptors Sakim, that would be a serious upgrade worthy of Lillard. 

Elsewhere, Carmelo and Malik Monk and Dwight Howard heading to the Lakers.  Cool. 

DeMar DeRozan heading being courted by the Bulls and the Clippers?  Clips seem the better match. 

Patty Mills is a Nyet.  FUCK ME. 

Andre Drummond to the Sixers. 

McDermott to the Spurs.  Someone remind me why we traded him for Emmanuel Mudiay and gave him all of Frank's minutes? 

Heat pulled their qualifying offer to Kendrick Nunn. 

Robin Lopez to the Magic.  Nice rebuild in progress. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Other Moves?
« Reply #19790 on: August 03, 2021, 04:00:32 PM »

Facil. 

I do not think we have sundered all of our cap space, as per returning players. 

I love Reggie Jackson and Kendrick Nunn. 

But we already have a very crowded and very deep roster. 

I should think we would want to develop IQ and Vildoza and McBride in tandem with Rose. 

Besides, keeping another, say for argument's sake, 8-10 million in cap space, and an open roster space, seems like an Aller-Perry kind of machination, in the event there is a buyout and some low hanging fruit on the waiver wire some months from now. 

I mean, look at all of the veteran's minimum cards the Lakers are playing. 

I really like our roster.  Good mix of vets and puppies.  Be ferocious competition at every position, one through five.  No reason to preclude development or rotational complexity by having an Austin Rivers buried on the pine.  Kendrick Nunn?  Would be a great pickup, I grant you.  But at the cost of time for McBride?  Quickley?  Vildoza?  Grimes? 

Again, I love how Leon Rose has nurtured and sustained most of the burgeoning talent from last year's MAKE GOOD contracts, and has sold those players at coming back at fair market rates. 

Fournier?  He got a contract offer to make the Celtics swallow their tongue. 

Rose?  He got a generous extension because HE IS FUCKING DERRICK ROSE, Thibs' main man, and because he proved that for 25 minutes a night, let alone as a coach on the floor [Obi and IQ] and a leader in the locker room, love, as Frank Sinatra suggested, is so much better the second time around. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Lakers Geriatric Ward [Knicks Puppy Hostel]
« Reply #19791 on: August 03, 2021, 04:29:29 PM »

Arash Markazi: Carmelo Anthony — 37 years old LeBron James – 36 years old Trevor Ariza – 36 years old Marc Gasol – 36 years old Dwight Howard – 35 years old - Wayne Ellington – 33 years old Kent Bazemore – 32 years old Russell Westbrook — 32 years old – via Twitter ArashMarkazi

Taj Gibson [36]
Derrick Rose [32]
Alec Burks [30]

Evan Fournier [28]
Nerlens Noel [27]
Julius Randle [26]
Luca Vildoza [25]

Mitchell Robinson [23]
Obi Toppin [23]
Immanuel Quickley [22]
Jericho Sims [22]
Aamir Sims [22]
Kevin Knox [21]
RJ Barrett [21]
Quentin Grimes [21]
Miles McBride [20]
Rokas Jokubaitis [20]

THIBS Is Anti-Youth?  Doesn't Play Rookie? 

DAMN. 

This is why the Knicks are paying Johnnie Bryant $1 Milllion and Kenny Payne $1.5 Million as assistant coaches.  PLYAER DEVELOPMENT.  Not lip service.  ACTUAL FACTUAL PLAYER DEVELOPMENT. 

Clearly, whether you view all of those puppies as cannon fodder in some Stephen A Scrotum Scraper, or as evidence of a genuine youth movement, any way you slice it, we have a genuine developmental at play for the first time, seemingly, since man first walked erect. 

DAMN. 

And considering the degree to which THIBS totally transformed our defensive culture, I am not terribly concerned about the defensive evolution of Evan Fournier. 

I can hardly wait for SUMMER LEAGUE. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 04:34:55 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Why Did Fournier Sign On? DUH?
« Reply #19792 on: August 03, 2021, 04:37:19 PM »

“I enjoy pressure, I enjoy the spotlight,’’ Fournier said after the Tuesday [Olympics] victory, hours after signing with the Knicks at the beginning of free agency Monday. “They had a good season and they had a really good spot open. I thought I could help. God, it’s freaking New York. You want to be part of something big, you want to have pressure, you want to be a guy that competes every night.”

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Stability, Chemistry, Consistency
« Reply #19793 on: August 03, 2021, 04:45:58 PM »

COLOR CHIP HAPPY

Mitch Noel [Sims]
Randle Obi Taj [Simms]
Fournier Burks Knox
RJ Grimes Quickley
Rose Vildoza McBride [Jokubaitis]

I tell you what. 

Rose, WWW, Aller, Perry, Perrin

Thibs, Bryant, Payne

For the first time in my adult life, I have genuine confidence in the Knicks management and coaching

Are we a championship contender?

NO. 

But we are a a competitive team a playoff aspirations and a maturing culture, and as the Hawks proved, once you get into the final scrum, anything is possible. 

Hey, the East is TOUGH and just got tougher

BoD's critique of Fournier is not unfair. 

But there's the thing. 

As per the money he is getting? 

It was enough to get the Celtics to fold up shop.  Timmy Hardaway money [and on Timmy's third contract, I believe he has earned it, as he kept growing]. 

Fournier will be 29 by opening day. 

He has prototypical size and length as a 6'7" NBA wing, Knox is 6'7".  Burks and RJ are 6'6"

Bullock is a better man on man lock up defender for sure, and statistically, a better 3 point and FT shooter. 

But Bullock's strength as a three point shooter, is as a catch and shoot.  How many two pointers do you recall him making last season?  And he does not get to the FT line very often.  On Dallas, spotting up with Timmy waiting for a squirt from Docic's tit, he ought to be in hog heaven. 

Fournier is far superior as an all around scorer.  Unlike Bullock, he can create his own shot, off the dribble, the penetration, in the mid and long range game.  Fournier and Burks and RJ all have shown a gift for getting to the rack, getting and converting more free throws, which is very much a Derrick Rose/THIBS modus operandi. 

Fournier converts like 80% of his FTs, has shown himself capable of knocking down 17-20 points a night.  He is also good for 3 boards and 3 assists and 1 steal a night.   

AGAIN, Fournier, Burks, Rose all can create their own offense.  Bullock is most effective as a spot up shooter. 

You better believe that THIBS was pulling for FOURNIER, and he fucking loved Reggie Bullock. 

The addition of Fournier, the re-upping of Rose, Noel, Burks and Gibson, the subtraction of Payton and Ntilikina, the drafting of Grimes, Jokubaitis and McBride, the signing of Vildoza, and the reach our to Sims & Simms, bespeaks THIBS' interest in shooting, bigger wings who can create their own offense, PGs who can shoot and run the pick and roll, and get to the rack and finish and convert from the charity stripe. 

Sims & Simms look like Westchester 2-way contracts, good for 50 games with the big boys. Jericho looks to have enough upside to justify cutting loose Pelle.  Epic Hops, defensive presence and a handsome academic soul to boot.  Jokubaitis is a PLAYA, and I really look forward to seeing him in summer league.  He has opt out provisions, and even after a year or two of seasoning on Euroleague powerhouse Barcelona he will still only be 22. 

Grimes and McBride are DAWGS.  Great three point shooters and fierce defenders.  Vildoza has been up and down in the Olympics, but also defends, is adept at penetrating and the pick and roll, a wily passer, and when not pressing, a good three point shooter.  Some aspects of his game remind me of Rose, others of Quickley. 

Having Noel and Sims [and Taj AND Obi] to push Mitchell can only give us more quality depth, defense and fouls to give.  No reason Obi cannot evolve as a hybird PF-C like kindly Uncle Taj. 

Was watching a replay of our first win of the season when we put whooping on the Bucks [who later in the season, when more in sync, fucking nuked us], and it was a revelation how well Mitchell played, was able to intermittently frustrate Giannis, and what a great opening run Burks was on before hurting his ankle.  Also, great games from the dearly departed and eternally inconsistent, Elfrid and Frank. 

I'm rambling. 

No

No

No....

Burks behind RJ
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 04:50:57 PM by kidcarter8 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19794 on: August 03, 2021, 05:52:21 PM »

I'm not sure what the Bulls are doing.   Strange mix of players and no draft first round picks.   Went all-in for Ball, Vucevic and DeRozan.   Meh...
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Earth To Facil
« Reply #19795 on: August 03, 2021, 06:04:43 PM »

Guess What Other Shoe Just Dropped? 

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent guard Kendrick Nunn has agreed to a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, source tells ESPN. Deal includes a player option. Nunn turned down significantly more money to chase a title with the Lakers.

Shams Charania: Kendrick Nunn has agreed to a two-year, $10M deal with the Lakers, his agent Adam Pensack tells @TheAthletic @Stadium. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

Shams Charania: Nunn’s deal has a player option in Year 2. He turned down more money with the Knicks and other teams to join the Lakers. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

KAM

Bobby Marks: A ton for work still left to do with Chicago even after adding Lonzo, Caruso and now DeRozan. 8 players under contract Besides bird rights on Markkanen, vet minimum exception is available.

I like these additions.  MEH might be a little strong. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 06:10:48 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Earth To Facil
« Reply #19796 on: August 03, 2021, 06:13:53 PM »

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent guard Kendrick Nunn has agreed to a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, source tells ESPN. Deal includes a player option. Nunn turned down significantly more money to chase a title with the Lakers.

Shams Charania: Kendrick Nunn has agreed to a two-year, $10M deal with the Lakers, his agent Adam Pensack tells @TheAthletic @Stadium. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

Shams Charania: Nunn’s deal has a player option in Year 2. He turned down more money with the Knicks and other teams to join the Lakers. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

KAM

Bobby Marks: A ton for work still left to do with Chicago even after adding Lonzo, Caruso and now DeRozan. 8 players under contract Besides bird rights on Markkanen, vet minimum exception is available.

Having said THAT

Chris Haynes: It’s a three-year, $85 million fully guaranteed deal for DeMar DeRozan negotiated by Aaron Goodwin of @GoodwinSports

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Bulls are sending the Spurs Thad Young, Al-Farouq Aminu and picks in the deal, source tells ESPN.

That is really fucking over the top. 

Makes our deal for Evan Fournier look like skinflintery.  And I really love DeRozan. 

Apparently DD was not going home to Los Angeles for vets minimum. 

ADDITONALLY

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Bulls are sending a future first-round pick that will convey no sooner than 2025, source tells ESPN. The Bulls will also send a 2022 second-round pick via the Lakers and Bulls’ own 2025 second-round pick, source tells ESPN.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 06:15:29 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19797 on: August 03, 2021, 06:26:11 PM »

Knicks will still make one pivotal deal.

Dare I say with Burks and Fournier aboard and a question on his future $$ value RJ Barrett move not outlandish.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Earth To Facil
« Reply #19798 on: August 03, 2021, 06:37:12 PM »

KAM

Having said THAT

Chris Haynes: It’s a three-year, $85 million fully guaranteed deal for DeMar DeRozan negotiated by Aaron Goodwin of @GoodwinSports

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Bulls are sending the Spurs Thad Young, Al-Farouq Aminu and picks in the deal, source tells ESPN.

That is really fucking over the top. 

Makes our deal for Evan Fournier look like skinflintery.  And I really love DeRozan. 

Apparently DD was not going home to Los Angeles for vets minimum. 

ADDITONALLY

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Bulls are sending a future first-round pick that will convey no sooner than 2025, source tells ESPN. The Bulls will also send a 2022 second-round pick via the Lakers and Bulls’ own 2025 second-round pick, source tells ESPN.

Yeah the Bulls are like the bizarro Knicks.  We have nobody paid more than 19.8 million.  Bulls have four guys earning more than 19.5 million.  We have draft picks.  They don't.  We made the playoffs.  They didn't.   I like our approach much more.  They feel like the Isiah Knicks. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19799 on: August 03, 2021, 06:41:08 PM »

Knicks will still make one pivotal deal.

Dare I say with Burks and Fournier aboard and a question on his future $$ value RJ Barrett move not outlandish.

Surely possible — that's why you stock up on talent — but let's save RJ for the Lillard/Zion type stuff, not the Sexton type stuff. Personally happy to enjoy the ride as he goes and grows. Been good so far.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 1847