Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 1853

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1079558 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19920 on: August 07, 2021, 05:01:53 PM »

Taking a deeper look, Mitch himself might be more of an asset than Turner. How much do we wind up paying him if we think he can stay healthy?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19921 on: August 07, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »

Taking a deeper look, Mitch himself might be more of an asset than Turner. How much do we wind up paying him if we think he can stay healthy?

I really like Turner.

But watching some MSG replays of Knicks games from last season, while we were waiting on the Finals and the draft, Mitchell was really raising his game significantly before and after both injuries.

Let's remember that Bill Cartwright broke his foot twice, and went on to three rings.

As for people reflexively dumping Obi?  He improved enough to earn Thjbs trust in the playoff.  Julius didn't have enough gas in the tank to raise up.against Hawks double teams, and a lack of offense from everyone save Rose.

Noel raised his game significantly with starters minutes.  Of course the culmlinative load was too much for him. 

I believe we will see 18-22 a night from Mitchell and Nerlens, with Obi or Taj taking up the remainder in/against small ball alignments.

Likewise, I look to a 32/16 split give or take between Julius and Obi.  One way or another, Obi needs to grind 16-20 a night to advance.

Likewise, with Fournier and Burks, as well as Knox and Grimes, look for RJ to be more in the 25-32 range.

As for PG, I would look for Rose and Walker to both be in the 18-22 range, as I believe the Knicks are going to try and fast track McBride, both to keep our PG ancient mariners ambulatory and fresh for the playoffs, and because Deuce was a steal at #36.

Phantasy trades are fun.  But I am more excited about extending on what we built upon from last season, learning our lessons from the HAWKS Series, and nurturing the talent we have. 

I'm not precluding moves, but I believe proceeding as if this is all a prelude to the arrival of a superstar is pissing into the wind. 

Not like we're not positioning ourselves.  Kawhi?  Zack, Bradley, Dame?

New Orleans is currently fucking up in a major way.  Might they open the door to Zion in 2024?

In the meantime, we don't SPEND assets, we NURTURE and PROPAGATE assets.  We build a sustainable culture.   

The likes of Myles Turner is a fine player.  Does he significantly move the needle?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19922 on: August 07, 2021, 09:41:06 PM »

He gives you a stretch five with Noel, Taj, and Sims behind him, while giving you close to what Mitch does on D and at somewhat at the cup. His contract is two years and manageable.

It’s a move in the direction of adding Fournier over Bullock and Kemba over Payton. I think it’s probably one step too far that way, but

Turner Noel Sims
Randle Taj Simms
Barrett Burks Grimes
Fournier Quickley Vildoza
Rose Walker McBride

is a pretty dangerous war party, even in the improved East.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 02:11:05 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19923 on: August 08, 2021, 02:16:29 PM »

Pretty up and down Olympic final game for Fournier and Franc.
Fournier had trouble with JRue's pressure D.
And didn't score in the 3Q when US took a decent lead.
Founier did hit a quick transition 3 under with around 1:20 left.
But then the next possession France got the ball with 43 secs and down 6.
Needed a quick 2 or a quality 3.  Then a stop.
Fournier jacks a quick contested 28 footer that misses the rim.  Not under control.
Bad decision.  The kind of mistake I've seen for Fournier when under pressure.
Finished 5-15 for the game.

Franc looked heavier/more solid than I've seen before.  Coach played him the finals 6 or 7 minutes.  Popped in a 3 to make it a 3 point game under 5 minutes left.  But next possession he drove a little and made a feeble pass that was easily stolen.    Later jacked an airball 3.  But also came over to double Tatum to cause a late turnover.  Around the 2 min mark dribbled around with Durant on him and the ball squirted away, but Franc was able to recover.
Franc has very limited PG chops.  Barely a combo guard.

Franc and Dennis Smith still without contracts.  Franc at least has a defined role as a backup defensive G.  Jr. Smith might get picked up as 3rd strong somewhere.  Or could be out of the League.  On a similar note, Mudiay (just 25) will play on Portland's Summer League team, trying to stay in the Association.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19924 on: August 08, 2021, 02:43:26 PM »

He gives you a stretch five with Noel, Taj, and Sims behind him, while giving you close to what Mitch does on D and at somewhat at the cup. His contract is two years and manageable.

It’s a move in the direction of adding Fournier over Bullock and Kemba over Payton. I think it’s probably one step too far that way, but

Turner Noel Sims
Randle Taj Simms
Barrett Burks Grimes
Fournier Quickley Vildoza
Rose Walker McBride

is a pretty dangerous war party, even in the improved East.

I believe the Knicks value Obi, Mitch [and their draft capital] far more than you do.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19925 on: August 08, 2021, 02:46:10 PM »

Pretty up and down Olympic final game for Fournier and Franc.
Fournier had trouble with JRue's pressure D.
And didn't score in the 3Q when US took a decent lead.
Founier did hit a quick transition 3 under with around 1:20 left.
But then the next possession France got the ball with 43 secs and down 6.
Needed a quick 2 or a quality 3.  Then a stop.
Fournier jacks a quick contested 28 footer that misses the rim.  Not under control.
Bad decision.  The kind of mistake I've seen for Fournier when under pressure.
Finished 5-15 for the game.

Franc looked heavier/more solid than I've seen before.  Coach played him the finals 6 or 7 minutes.  Popped in a 3 to make it a 3 point game under 5 minutes left.  But next possession he drove a little and made a feeble pass that was easily stolen.    Later jacked an airball 3.  But also came over to double Tatum to cause a late turnover.  Around the 2 min mark dribbled around with Durant on him and the ball squirted away, but Franc was able to recover.
Franc has very limited PG chops.  Barely a combo guard.

Franc and Dennis Smith still without contracts.  Franc at least has a defined role as a backup defensive G.  Jr. Smith might get picked up as 3rd strong somewhere.  Or could be out of the League.  On a similar note, Mudiay (just 25) will play on Portland's Summer League team, trying to stay in the Association.

Is there perchance a reason why your analysis ignored Fournier's 28 in France's opening victory over the USA?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19926 on: August 08, 2021, 04:10:35 PM »

Not what I just watched.  Not what just happened.  Not what I was talking about. 

Feel free to discuss Fournier's Olympic run.  I didn't see France much.
Saw the US and Slovenia a lot.  But missed the exciting France-Slovenia game.

It was an iffy, beatable US team.  But other teams also had flaws (age for Spain; depth and age for Oz).  France split 2 games with the US, and stayed close in the gold medal game.  Fournier made a poor decision which locked in the loss.  Maybe it was smart of Fournier to defer in the 2nd half to De Colo and others, since he was off and being hounded.  Then Fournier tried to assert himself deep in crunch time.  Made one coolly and I'm sure would like to have the next wild one back.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19927 on: August 08, 2021, 04:17:00 PM »

The Myles Turner idea is interesting.   I like MyTurn.
But I'd be interested in why IND is willing to move him, why BOS didn't want him, why MyTurn doesn't seem to impact winning much.
A good deal of assets to give up for another C.  His ability to space the floor would be helpful.

A bit late in the day so that most backup PF FA's who could take ObiT's place are gone -- even vet min guys like Tank Kaminsky.  Milsap is out there.  He's 36, but still savvy.  I don't have a list of other F FA's still available.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Jericho Sims
« Reply #19928 on: August 08, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »

WTF?!!!

chipstern

• View Profile
Scottie Barnes
« Reply #19929 on: August 08, 2021, 06:20:05 PM »

Now that's a 3&D.

chipstern

• View Profile
Obi
« Reply #19930 on: August 08, 2021, 06:42:55 PM »

Nice first step.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19931 on: August 08, 2021, 07:31:07 PM »

Obi, Sims, and McBride look very playable. IQ still not a PG, but better in the box score despite awful shooting than he looked on the court. Vildoza was blah as was Grimes.

Still there was some progress though the Raptors looked much more fluid behind Barnes and Flynn.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19932 on: August 08, 2021, 11:53:09 PM »

The league has added a game for us at 2pm EST, 11 am PST.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
When?
« Reply #19933 on: August 08, 2021, 11:58:20 PM »

The league has added a game for us at 2pm EST, 11 am PST.

When? Tomorrow?

ESPN2?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19934 on: August 09, 2021, 01:49:28 AM »

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 1853