Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1144911 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
FIFTEEN
« Reply #20085 on: August 16, 2021, 06:10:53 PM »

JJ doesn’t make our 15. Sorry.

Love Reddick. 

Skill & Snark. 

Still...

C: Noels, Robinson, Sims

PF/C: Randle, Toppin, Gibson

SF/PF: Knox

SF/SG: Fournier, Burks

SG/SF: Barrett, Grimes

SG/PG: Quickley, McBride

PG: Walker, Rose

Underwhelming showing in the Olympics and Summer League from Vildoza, then got hurt. He has genuine skills, though at this point it is hard to see him moving ahead of Deuce or IQ at the PG/Combo, with RJ and Quentin at SG, let alone Burks when not doubling at SG and SF, let alone emergency PG. If he is gone by opening night, the Knicks owe him nothing for 2021-2022. 

So, perhaps, just perhaps, a roster spot might open up at #15, but hard to see JJ Reddick ponying up to be in street clothes, least ways not unless this Brooklyn resident is sold on participation as some sort of skilled Player/Coach--in case of fire, break glass--entity like Taj Gibson, on board as much to MENTOR as to SCORE.  Certainly would not hurt RJ, IQ, Deuce and Quentin to be mentored by one of the all time great shooters, who over 15 season has basically been a 41% 3-Pt marksman, and a 90% FT shooter. 

More likely, if we part company with Vildoza, who now seems, alas, redundant with the addition of Kemba, Deuce and Quentin, and the emergence of IQ, leave the #15 spot open in case some other more tangible opportunity drops in our lap via buy outs or the waiver wire. 

PS: Then again, why did we just sign 6'6" SG Dwayne Bacon, who put up like 11 ppg in 25 minutes a night, while draining 145-176 FTs over the course of 72 games, for the Orlando Magic [that Scott Perry, Evan Fournier connection]?  And M.K. Walker our of Florida State has shown some skills and cajones in summer league.  So....JJ seems like a stretch. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:44:26 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #20086 on: August 16, 2021, 07:45:01 PM »

Well, if younwere paying attention - JJ is in no hurry, almost preferring to wait for an injury or deal to open a desired slot

But for now - if you guys insist that Burks is a THREE, I would have JJ as the back up at the 2 guard.

And no - I am in no hurry to add him and demote IQ.   Like I said - IF something should open up...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20087 on: August 16, 2021, 08:45:29 PM »

Nice game

Wont spoil the result - for those watching on delay

Enjoyed some players - a guy named Jaworski doin a pretty good Henry Steele impersonation

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20088 on: August 16, 2021, 08:57:27 PM »

Jaworski got picked last (you can just tell by looking at him), but he played better than that Cooper kid who wilted, got smushed, and checked himself out.

Nice play from our guards. Special props to Quickley who was positive and impactful even though his shot was off till late. McBride and Grimes showed out.

Our bigs looked slow and clumsy today. Nice job by the Hawks Dukie who showed up, Delaurie, not Johnson. They were still the two best athletes in the game.

Good summer league.

I keep forgetting we added Bacon. He definitely makes it in over Vildoza.

Mitch Noel Taj
Randle Obi Knox
Barrett Burks Bacon
Fournier IQ Grimes
Rose Walker McBride

Sims

I think Vildoza goes back to Europe and realer money rather than stays to take a two-way slot.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20089 on: August 16, 2021, 09:07:29 PM »

Mitch Noel Taj
Randle Obi Knox
Barrett Burks Bacon
Fournier IQ Grimes
Rose Walker McBride

Nice.

chipstern

• View Profile
Likely
« Reply #20090 on: August 16, 2021, 09:51:29 PM »

Jaworski got picked last (you can just tell by looking at him), but he played better than that Cooper kid who wilted, got smushed, and checked himself out.

Nice play from our guards. Special props to Quickley who was positive and impactful even though his shot was off till late. McBride and Grimes showed out.

Our bigs looked slow and clumsy today. Nice job by the Hawks Dukie who showed up, Delaurie, not Johnson. They were still the two best athletes in the game.

Good summer league.

I keep forgetting we added Bacon. He definitely makes it in over Vildoza.

Mitch Noel Taj
Randle Obi Knox
Barrett Burks Bacon
Fournier IQ Grimes
Rose Walker McBride

Sims

I think Vildoza goes back to Europe and realer money rather than stays to take a two-way slot.

That looks about right. 

Bacon vs. Vildoza? 

Jericho to Westchester.

One more two-way and a mess of 10 Day Contracts. 

PS: DAMN did we knock it out of the park with Quentin Grimes and Miles McBride.  The have skills and they have a competitive attitude. Nicely paired with THIBS.  YES, I can hear an argument for Johnson at #19, but what the hell, leave us not be greedy.  Who knows what might await us in 2022, because I think Charlotte has a shot at being a playoff team. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20091 on: August 16, 2021, 10:17:27 PM »

Judging by first looks, Johnson should be a top 10 guy in this class, possibly top 5. He’s in the Kuminga - Barnes conversation, or at least very very close (assuming he’s no head case).

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #20092 on: August 16, 2021, 10:25:54 PM »

Judging by first looks, Johnson should be a top 10 guy in this class, possibly top 5. He’s in the Kuminga - Barnes conversation, or at least very very close (assuming he’s no head case).

Hawks are so fucking loaded at FORWARD that they could roll the dice on a big time talent, and trust the culture to mature him.  Could be the Michael Porter of this draft.  We shall see. 

Meanwhile, Que Sera, because we drafted/scouted REALLY Fucking WELL.

Q and IQ, Joker and the Deuce?

The makings of a dynamic quartet to push Kemba, Rose, RJ and Burks.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20093 on: August 16, 2021, 11:04:32 PM »

I think in time we can judge how the players we passed on at 19 perform and would have helped us.

But yes - our 3 draftees look great.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20094 on: August 16, 2021, 11:05:20 PM »

I also would love to know what deals we passed on to move up.

chipstern

• View Profile
The BALLS Of Jehrico
« Reply #20095 on: August 16, 2021, 11:25:21 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20096 on: August 17, 2021, 07:28:14 AM »

Scratching the surface, that kid. Kenny Payne and Taj will do him wonders.

For the sake of our arguments, it is my pleasure to present this,

http://www.nba.com/summer-league/2021/vegas/player-stats

This way our overreactions can have a slight statistical common basis.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20097 on: August 17, 2021, 11:02:03 AM »

Celtics and Knicks do a SnT re Fournier. Celtics get 17m TPE, the Knicks a heavily conditioned 2nd round pick.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20098 on: August 17, 2021, 12:15:24 PM »

HoopsHype saying 2 second rounders - doesnt mention protections

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20099 on: August 17, 2021, 12:30:29 PM »

One of the players on the 1951 NY Celtics, an early Globetrotters foil, was Tony Lavelli.   Lavelli starred for Yale where he broke Mikan's college career scoring record.  A shooting guard well-known for his outside hook shot. 

After college he played for the Boston Celtics for one year, where he negotiated extra pay by offering his services as the halftime entertainment.  With his warmup jacket over his uniform he'd perform some popular songs on the accordion.   The following year, 1950, he joined the NY Knix, which allowed him to train at Juliard.

Those Yalies are sharp.

Played 3 years on the NY Celtics, the chronic Harlem Globetrotters opponent of the era.  The teams were segregated, with the entire NY Celtics team white.  Probably a necessity to make money in those days, and cemented the loyalty of black folks.  But with all the travel the Globetrotters did, segregation was just the ugly reality off the day.

1951 was pre shot clock.  And I wish I got a good look at the ball they used, which didn't seem to have noticeable seams.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 ... 1861