Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1020185 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Raising The Bar In The Eastern Conference
« Reply #21075 on: October 29, 2021, 03:45:43 PM »

Re:  "no improved East teams" (see preseason forumwide posts on subject)
Bulls, Wiz and Hornets all 4-1.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noted the East was better.
The Bulls and Wiz restocked while CHA got Hayward back and Ball a year smarter.
Not to mention ATL healthier (Hunter back; Bogdan's knees hopefully better) and more experienced.  And MIA loaded up with Lowry.

You tend to make up nonsense fairy tales about a monolithic forum consensus being wrong and you the only visionary.

WASHINGTON: Made out like Gangstas in dumping the Earthly remains of Wall for Westbrook, then cashing in Westbrook [Holiday, Harrell, Pope, Kuzma], drafting sniper Kispert, sophomore Avdija, that Brazilian MF Neto who lit us up, and Coach Unseld recasting the defensive identity in surrounding Beal with talent.  Harrell has been on fucking fire, as if to say, quite convincingly, "The Lakers really blew it."  And that other center, Gafford is it, who was a block machine in our last meeting, and Bryant coming back.  They fucked up the Hawks last night.  They scare me.   

CHARLOTTE:  Bridges making a Big BIG Jump.  LaMelo a year older and wiser.  A healthy Hayward.  McDaniels and Martin, Plumlee and Rozier...OUBRE.  Dangerous.  Young talent like sniper Bouknight and PF Kai Jones, whom we drafted for them at #19, not seeing much daylight if any.  Tough matchup for the Knicks. 

MIAMI: Tough guys Kyle Lowry AND PJ Tucker join UberThibs enforcer Jimmy Butler, Bam a very hungry force at center, very underrated in the scheme of things, snipers Duncan and Tyler.  SCARY TOUGH.  Hell, let Nunn walk without losing any sleep.  DEFENSE

CHICAGO: Weak bench, but adding DeRozan and Ball [despite soso offensive game last night, was defending Julius quite effectively] and cashing in Carter for Vucevic during Orlando fire sale, well, we saw how combustible they could be in the final 2 minutes last night.  PS: When Mitchell went down, as per sofarsogood, he got up.  Soph Patrick Williams, the #4 pick last season, did not.  Out for the season with a serious wrist injury. 

ATLANTA: Deep. 

INDIANA: Turner healthy.  Duarte a significant addition.  Don't sleep on them. 

TORONTO: Don't sleep on them.  Waiting to get Siakim back.  Anunoby and Achiuwa tough young front line players.  Gary Trent Junior for Norman Powell was a steal.  Van Vleet always dangerous.  Scottie Barnes may be rookie of the year.  The offense will come, and he does everything else in the way of facilitating, boarding and can defend 1-through-5--great talent AND spirit.   

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 03:50:48 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Schedule
« Reply #21076 on: October 29, 2021, 03:53:10 PM »

Some tough tests a coming, particularly a home and away with the Bucks.  The Suns, the Nyets, the Hawks...a return engagement with the Sixers, likely with Gentle Ben...

Sat, Oct 30   
@
New Orleans
New Orleans
7:00 PM      Tickets as low as $5

Mon, Nov 1   
vs
Toronto
Toronto
7:30 PM   
NBA TV
Tickets as low as $52

Wed, Nov 3   
@
Indiana
Indiana
7:00 PM      Tickets as low as $11

Fri, Nov 5   
@
Milwaukee
Milwaukee

Tickets as low as $31

Sun, Nov 7   
vs
Cleveland
Cleveland
6:00 PM      Tickets as low as $49

Mon, Nov 8   
@
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
7:00 PM      Tickets as low as $15

Wed, Nov 10   
vs
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
7:30 PM      Tickets as low as $107

Fri, Nov 12   
@
Charlotte
Charlotte
7:00 PM      Tickets as low as $21

Mon, Nov 15   
vs
Indiana
Indiana
7:30 PM      Tickets as low as $44

Wed, Nov 17   
vs
Orlando
Orlando
7:30 PM      Tickets as low as $40

Sat, Nov 20   
vs
Houston
Houston
5:00 PM      Tickets as low as $65

Sun, Nov 21   
@
Chicago
Chicago
8:00 PM      Tickets as low as $48

Tue, Nov 23   
vs
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
TNT
Tickets as low as $212

Fri, Nov 26   
vs
Phoenix
Phoenix
7:00 PM      Tickets as low as $117

Sat, Nov 27   
@
Atlanta
Atlanta
7:30 PM      Tickets as low as $44

Tue, Nov 30   
@
Brooklyn
Brooklyn
TNT
Tickets as low as $61

Thu, Dec 2   
vs
Chicago
Chicago
NBA TV
Tickets as low as $83

Sat, Dec 4   
vs
Denver
Denver
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 03:55:10 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21077 on: October 29, 2021, 05:30:53 PM »

It was ELEPHANT that had the East NOT improving so much - after checking the forum.

But here is FAC's prognostication

Regular season, sorted by tier and not by position in tier

Tier1 above 50
Tier2 above 44
Tier3 above 40
Tier4 above 32
Tier5 32 or lower

Bucks Hawks Nyets Philly
Miami NY Chicago
Boston Indiana
Toronto Charlotte Washington
Cleveland Detroit Orlando
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21078 on: October 29, 2021, 05:43:55 PM »

It is a long season so a lot can change. I am curious how those tiers look in January.

The range of ticket prices for upcoming games was very interesting. Thanks, Chip.

The scrum in the East is shaping up to be quite fun.

Remember, the two starphucked franchises in our division are working day and night to strengthen their squads. Odds are sooner or later one or both will succeed and become once more capable of stringing wins together and rising in the standings.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #21079 on: October 29, 2021, 05:56:49 PM »

It was ELEPHANT that had the East NOT improving so much - after checking the forum.

Dude, I don't know if it's bad memory or making it up as you go, but I never said that. A couple of weeks back, I wrote,

New York Knicks Under 41.5?
Trying to avoid being a big homer here, but I don't understand the Vegas line.
This is shaping up to be one of the best Knicks teams we've seen in years.
(and it's not like the East is full of powerhouse teams to boot).

YOU wrote:
I think the line reflects what so many on the forum (including me at this time) choose to overlook - that other teams in the East are vastly improved. Now, is Thibs such a great coach that we will WIN (often closely) on many nights when the opponent is a monster?
Maybe.

And I wrote:
"Vastly improved?"
Chicago and Miami will be interesting to watch. Is Philly vastly improved? The Hornets? The Celtics may be improved, but significantly so?
I guess we'll see.But yeah, the question of how we fare against the best will be key.

Next thing we know, you're saying that the forum believed there were "no improved East teams". Then later, you're saying it was I "that had the East NOT improving so much."

I mean basically NOBODY said that the East wasn't improving. Sheesh.

(And yeah, I promise never to waste 10 minutes of my life like this again).

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21080 on: October 29, 2021, 05:57:58 PM »

It is a long season so a lot can change. I am curious how those tiers look in January.

The range of ticket prices for upcoming games was very interesting. Thanks, Chip.

The scrum in the East is shaping up to be quite fun.

Remember, the two starphucked franchises in our division are working day and night to strengthen their squads. Odds are sooner or later one or both will succeed and become once more capable of stringing wins together and rising in the standings.

I think both Charlotte and Washington stand to be as good if not better than Boston and Indiana. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21081 on: October 29, 2021, 06:22:13 PM »

It looks that way so far.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Harden With A Hard On
« Reply #21082 on: October 29, 2021, 09:02:54 PM »

Nyets in a dog fight with the Pacers. 

Harden 10-11 from the FT line in the first half. 

Dare say he and Coach Nash watched some film.  Steve didn't get to the FT line that much back in the day, but was a career 90% converting.  Now three pointers?  He converted A LOT, on the order of 423% for his career, which is pretty dope.  Whereas Harden's game IS GETTING TO THE FT LINE, on the order of 800 + Plus in several seasons. 

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 09:11:38 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21083 on: October 30, 2021, 12:57:51 AM »

I do not know which was more enjoyable, Denver throttling Dallas or Miami smacking Charlotte. They were both fun to watch.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21084 on: October 30, 2021, 03:02:52 AM »

The Pels are gonna be pissed.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21085 on: October 30, 2021, 04:24:23 AM »

IND has a solid team, but not much depth and injury problems.
TJ War is out; LaVert has back issues, Brogdon missed the BKY game with a hammy.
Hard to win with 3 starters out.
Given good health, they are a quality team.  And Carlisle a top coach.
Duarte, 24 year old rook, looks promising.  But forced to start with Caris encrippled.

A lot of how the East shakes out might come down to injuries and availability.
Kyrie & Simmons notoriously sabotaging their respective squads.
Siakim has been out.  IND continued health woes.
We'll see if Hayward holds up.  CHI starting PF just dropped.
ATL & NYK have sufficient depth to withstand injuries/absence.
Probably BKY as well.  LMA has played well.

Bulls, Heat, Celts have thin benches.
BOS and PHI playing without genuine PG's.
Interesting season.

I really havent really seen the West except some GSW, SAC and LAL.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21086 on: October 30, 2021, 05:42:31 AM »

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/obi-toppin-is-proving-capable-of-a-bigger-role-that-the-knicks-dont-seem-ready-to-give-him/

I don't particularly agree.
ObiT improves his D (and 3's) and he'll see more time.
And if he has to bide his time as a 15 min backup again this year, so be it.
Howsoever, Thibs could play Randle fewer minutes (say 33 a night) which would keep Julius fresher late game and give ObiT more run.

Who cares if Gibson is 36?  He provides energy and defensive focus/toughness, which this team needs.  This year's edition of NYK doesn't need more mins for a weak defender.  And I'm unconvinced that Randle and ObiT are a good pairing (due to D and the fact we have 3 quality C's).  ObiT has done better on D, mostly because he hustles and gets back in plays even when blown past.  On the interior, both ObiT and Randle have shown some quick hands, and ability to snuff out some rim attacks.  But both need to do better on rotations and perimeter D.  OBiT benefits from getting to play with Rose on the 2nd unit.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 03:49:12 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21087 on: October 30, 2021, 10:13:14 AM »

Oakley was at the BKY game.

IND nearly had a McConnell/Torey Craig led comeback.  Really could have used Brogdon.
Nets doing odd things like Durant at the 3-point line passes to Harden 6 feet away and the pass bounces off Harden who wasn't expecting it.  Fortunately, LMA was sharp.

3:24 left, Nets up by 6.  KD gets a rebound, tosses it to Harden who dribbles once, palms it with his right hand and switches it to his left hand without putting the ball down, as he continues to take steps, then palms it with his right hand two dribbles later as he crosses midcourt.  No one seemed to notice.  I guess if you nonchalantly travel twice in the backcourt it can go unobserved.

McConnell and Duarte were just chumping Joe Harris and Harden's "defense".
Harris dies on one late Sabonis screen, and looks for Harden, who is casually watching 4 feet below the screen, not getting near either the screener or ballhandler.  IND gets an open 3.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21088 on: October 30, 2021, 11:13:44 AM »

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/obi-toppin-is-proving-capable-of-a-bigger-role-that-the-knicks-dont-seem-ready-to-give-him/

I don't particularly agree.

Yeah, Taj is STILL helping to win games for us. Honestly...rest of the post lost due to auto truncate, what's the secret again to actually posting?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 11:19:09 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21089 on: October 30, 2021, 11:15:44 AM »

Continued..... I don't see a problem either. Opportunities open up. Long season. See Patrick Williams, Nerlins Noel, Mitch Robinson et all.... and I'm loving my OBI and his development path, if it keeps curving up he'll get plenty. That said, I'd surely agree with starting to call his number more often and more creatively when he is in. But it's coming.

My buddy just pointed out to me how he came into the league pegged as high floor / low ceiling, but it's actually quite the opposite. Despite being touted as the most NBA READY, he looked pretty lost at first, yet really, there's absolutely no ceiling on this kid who has already grown tremendously and may just have the best hands around the basket in the NBA. That touch. That ability to modify depending on what the defense is doing. Change slam to finger roll. Catch it high. Catch it low. This side. That side. A gift.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 11:21:55 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 ... 1852