Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912644 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Opportunity Knocks/Knicks, Part 2
« Reply #21435 on: November 29, 2021, 06:16:48 PM »

Wally Pipp > Lou Gehrig

Kemba Walker > Alec Burks/Immanuel Quickley

Nerlens Noel/Taj Gibson > Jericho Sims

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21436 on: November 29, 2021, 06:29:32 PM »

I'll tolerate no Noel slander unless its about his comical stone hands. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trivia time
« Reply #21437 on: November 29, 2021, 06:36:18 PM »

Over the last 20 seasons Carmelo Anthony leads all Knicks in 35 point / 10 rebound games.  He did it 16 times.

No other player has managed more that feat more than 4 times.    Two have done it 4 times.    Julius Randle has only done it 3 times.

Name the 2 Knicks players who have logged 4 games (as a Knick) of 35 and 10 in the last 20 years.

Zeeeee Bowwwwww...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21438 on: November 29, 2021, 06:40:15 PM »

Knicks will go back to their regular lineup.

Well this didn't age well, lol......

Not crowing, the problems in our first five weren't all Kemba, and still being fixed, But hard to argue with this-

Knicks have the best defense in the league when he's on the bench ...99.0 DRtg...and are dead last ...116.3 DRtg...when he's on the floor

Love Burks

No problems at all with this.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21439 on: November 29, 2021, 10:08:36 PM »

Over the last 20 seasons Carmelo Anthony leads all Knicks in 35 point / 10 rebound games.  He did it 16 times.

No other player has managed more that feat more than 4 times.    Two have done it 4 times.    Julius Randle has only done it 3 times.

Name the 2 Knicks players who have logged 4 games (as a Knick) of 35 and 10 in the last 20 years.

Zeeeee Bowwwwww...

Nice guess but not correct.   Z Bo never scored 30+ as a Knick.

Hint:  One answer is a little more recent than Z Bo and the other is from that same team as Z Bo.   
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 10:19:18 PM by Kam »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
The sword had to fall on somebody
« Reply #21440 on: November 29, 2021, 10:26:27 PM »

And it fell on Kemba.   A little unfair that he is the scapegoat for the sputtering start but credit to Thibs for shaking things up.   I mean he had to see these stats:

Tommy Beer
@TommyBeer
It's a tough call. But Thibs made the right, albeit difficult, decision.

The Knicks have been outscored by a whopping 122 points in the 441 minutes Kemba has played this season.

Minus-122 is the worst plus/minus (by far) by any player on a winning team in the NBA this season

In contrast,
The Knicks have outscored their opponents by:
+113 points with Derrick Rose on the floor
+100 points with Immanuel Quickley on the court
+46 points with Alec Burks on the court this season

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21441 on: November 30, 2021, 12:59:02 AM »

Zeeeee Bowwwwww...

Hint:  One answer is a little more recent than Z Bo and the other is from that same team as Z Bo.

Been thinking it was STAT and Adult Al.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21442 on: November 30, 2021, 09:13:04 AM »

Trade for this morning

(must wait another 2-3 weeks and LAL must still be staggering somewhat)

Evan Fournier, Kemba Walker and Kevin Knox

for

Russell Westbrook

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21443 on: November 30, 2021, 09:32:31 AM »

Zeeeee Bowwwwww...

Been thinking it was STAT and Adult Al.

Correct on both!  Congrats.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Money Talks
« Reply #21444 on: November 30, 2021, 10:37:12 AM »

Here's a BoD trade.[/b][/color][/font][/size]

Houston gives Philly Christian Wood & Eric Gordon + plus 2022 first-round selection from Brooklyn OR Miami (top 14 protected). Whichever is higher  Plus 2024 Brooklyn #1.

I've been working on the assumption that PHI needs to get a PG in return for Simmons, as they want to compete for a title.
Unless you think Maxey has shown enough.  He's played well, but to rely on TyMax as your starting PG in the playoffs?

Which brings me to a point about the Knix.  I'm fine trying a 3 SG alignment for a bit, but how far can a team
realistically go without an actual starting PG?  So at some point, not too many weeks from now, I want Rose or IQ starting.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: The sword had to fall on somebody
« Reply #21445 on: November 30, 2021, 12:51:05 PM »

And it fell on Kemba.   A little unfair that he is the scapegoat for the sputtering start but credit to Thibs for shaking things up.   I mean he had to see these stats:

Tommy Beer
@TommyBeer
It's a tough call. But Thibs made the right, albeit difficult, decision.

The Knicks have been outscored by a whopping 122 points in the 441 minutes Kemba has played this season.

Minus-122 is the worst plus/minus (by far) by any player on a winning team in the NBA this season

In contrast,
The Knicks have outscored their opponents by:
+113 points with Derrick Rose on the floor
+100 points with Immanuel Quickley on the court
+46 points with Alec Burks on the court this season

In fairness to the above damning stats, Walker is not having a bad year (offensively). He is one of three players in the league with per 36 minute averages of at least 16 points, four assists, three made threes and a 41 percent clip from downtown, joining Steph Curry and Mike Conley. We also have no sample size of how Walker would look if he was split apart from Julius Randle
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:56:03 PM by Kam »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21446 on: November 30, 2021, 12:55:41 PM »

The question is, did Thibs really want Kemba in the first place?

It sure seems like an analytically driven front office was the driving force behind a Fournier/Walker pairing, what with their penchant for spotting up on a dime and being able to play-make as needed. Thibs definitely appreciates the value of shooting, but not at the expense of the fundamental building blocks he holds near and dear to his heart. I could imagine the conversation that took place the day Walker name first came up.  Thibs probably sighs and says 

All right i will give it 20 games

.  - Macri
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:00:24 PM by Kam »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
More Kemba stuff from Macri
« Reply #21447 on: November 30, 2021, 01:05:41 PM »

Now What?

There are, of course, questions that remain. Walker will say all the right things, but he cant be happy, not with an All-Star birth just two seasons in the rear view mirror and the aforementioned individual numbers he is putting up. Does he push for a move out of town? Brock Aller is not going to discuss a buy out, not with $9 million worth of a tidy little movable salary on the books for next season.

Whether someone out there wants to trade for Kemba Walker or his soon-to-be-expiring contract is up for debate, but if they want to move him, they should not have an issue. This summer is going to be unlike any that the league has ever seen, with virtually no top names hitting the market and very few organizations with any notable cap space to spend. Trades, both of the outright and sign & trade variety, will be the name of the game, and Walkers number would be the perfect amount for another team to throw into a larger deal.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
More Macri
« Reply #21448 on: November 30, 2021, 01:08:51 PM »

If the Knicks want to move him. My guess is they probably want to keep him around for any deals they seek that may materialize this summer, when his cap number can be tossed in with Fournier to bring back a salary of up to $34 million (hello, KAT, DeAaron Fox, SGA, etc.). Maybe something materializes in the meantime, but I would be surprised if they dumped him just to dump him. Also, name the team out there dying to get themselves this version of Walker? And where is the lateral (i.e, non-star) trade that makes the Knicks materially better? I also dont think they move him just anywhere. This organization has long been concerned with being in the good graces of agents, and I doubt Leon Rose, a former agent himself, wants to jeopardize that.

So Walker likely stays and, I guess, rides the bench the rest of the year barring multiple injuries to key pieces. That is the reality of this move: Walker, even with his numbers, has arguably been the fourth best point guard on this team after Rose, Quickley and Burks. If the Knicks think Deuce McBride could give them 15 spot minutes in a pinch, there is little to no fear that this will turn into an uncomfortable situation where Walker is in and out of the rotation.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Macri
« Reply #21449 on: November 30, 2021, 01:11:40 PM »

As for who takes his place, my bet is on Burks remaining in the starting five and Quentin Grimes getting a chance to play semi consistent minutes. I say semi only because history has shown Thibs to play 10 man rotations begrudgingly, and that his preference is for nine or even 8.5 man groups. That said, guys will get banged up, and certain games will require a defensive spark. Grimes will get his chances.

Whoever it is, I would be surprised, stunned, actually, if this doesnt turn New Yorks season around. There have been good signs and bad signs through 20 games, but what cant be mistaken is that theyve been a team without an identity (and no, we have the best backups in the NBA is not an identity).

This move should get the Knicks back to a version closer to what we saw last year. The on off numbers say so, and the eye test doesnt disagree.

Walker always seemed like a low risk, moderate reward swing. It didnt work out, but that doesnt mean it wasnt worth trying. No harm, no foul.

Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 1848