Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900441 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21675 on: December 13, 2021, 07:50:20 AM »

Bears watching that Charlotte (15-13) is tied for thirteenth best record and will as of now keep their pick for 2022 (would be number 17 or 18)

If they hop to 11 we get the pick at 19.  A bit of a longshot, though guys like Stern see this as such a huge asset.  (Top 18 protected in '22, top 16 in '23, top 14 in '24)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21676 on: December 13, 2021, 08:46:58 AM »

Charlotte deal was about getting a trade asset to use in future deals rather than another young player who would need time to develop. 

As such, having that asset is better than not having it.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21677 on: December 13, 2021, 09:29:11 AM »

Burks starting at Point is nonsense.
He's had trouble bringing the ball up under pressure.
Both Spurs and Raps picked him up at midcourt or earlier and hounded Burks dribble.  Result was he was passing the ball 35' out after a fair amount of time had run off, and Knix were getting into their sets late.  Lotta shots in the last few secs of the shotclock.  It was like having Franc at PG.

One play DeJounte harassed Burks in the backcourt and then when Burks saw a double coming near midcourt, he froze and lost the ball in the backcourt, Randle retrieved but was an 8 sec violation.

Otherwise, Rose has indeed been our best player all year.  He had a few uncharacteristic low energy games lately, but bounced back v. TOR.  Seems to be getting lots of deflections, and can get in the paint at will which unlocks lots of offensive options.  Gets timely buckets and stabilizes the Knix.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Friends don't let friends post off box scores when they haven't seen actual play
« Reply #21678 on: December 13, 2021, 10:22:44 AM »

Grimes was great. i only saw the 1st half so far.
But i see Thibs left him out there a comical 40 mins and his turnovers mounted.

You've got to kick the habit, really.

Grimes was pura candela. Hottest player on the floor. Only thing keeping us remotely in it. Of course he eventually cooled against the defending champs, but the only thing comical is the comment, lol.

** Personally, I would have pulled him after that failed heat check, let him recalibrate for a breath or two, and thrown him right back out there, so 38-39 minutes? but not going to micromanage.

*** and I'm going to toss a bone to Thibs, who I certainly have plenty of issues with, but when you see rookies come off very limited minutes for a first start and just light things up against one the best defensive units in the league, maybe part of the reason is that Thibs has been developing them extremely well.....

« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 10:57:22 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
We made a mistake
« Reply #21679 on: December 13, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »

The Knicks have roughly the same record as last year.  The first difference is last year's team got to labor in obscurity with no expectations and roughly the same number of fans in attendance.  The Knicks took a lot of teams by surprise by just playing harder and also got historically lucky holding opponent's to a lower than average 3pt shooting while themselves (especially Randle) hitting big shot after big shot in games.   A generous fan would call that luck the residue of a design that featured defense-first players around Julius and RJ and Julius becoming a bonafied superstar.

Everything is different this year.   The Knicks aren't playing harder than other teams. They're not surprising other teams.  They're not even holding home court.  Obscure players on opposing teams nuke them every other night from deep, and the boos are beginning to cascade down from the garden rafters while the bell cows are shooting more blanks than the actors on the set of Rust.   Randle went from legit to quit.  Did you see his body language yesterday?  Inexcusable.

The mistake in the Subject line doesn't refer to the Knicks.  It refers to us.  We allowed our expectations to be swayed by the 16-4 finish to the season and the undefeated preseason.  Neglecting that 5 game round one ouster and the 25 and 27 record the team had last year.

We are that 25 and 27 team still.   

We subbed some defense for some offense.   But more or less on a talent level we haven't become greater than the sum of our parts save for that 5-1 stretch (built on unsustainable shooting percentages) to begin the year.  We are basically the same team with more or less the same questions surrounding Randle, RJ, Mitch, and the new starters except with less defined roles and continuity.

This team is going to have to go through a similar growth phase to what it managed last season after the trade for DRose.   Last year's team began to grow from that trade and the tree bore some late season fruit.    And that is just to once again be a middling eastern playoff team and nothing more.   The "improvement" over last year is/was a mirage.  Looked good on paper but ... we have to admit failure when we see it and do something about it.

We don't necessarily need a trade.   But we need change.   Kemba in/Fournier out?   Mitch and Noel to the injured list so Sims and Taj can bring the health and hustle?   Randle to see a sports psychiatrist to work on his pressure free throws?   Pick an idea and try it.   We are looking for answers.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 12:26:56 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21680 on: December 13, 2021, 02:53:40 PM »

Burks starting at Point is nonsense.
He's had trouble bringing the ball up under pressure.
Both Spurs and Raps picked him up at midcourt or earlier and hounded Burks dribble.  Result was he was passing the ball 35' out after a fair amount of time had run off, and Knix were getting into their sets late.  Lotta shots in the last few secs of the shotclock.  It was like having Franc at PG.

One play DeJounte harassed Burks in the backcourt and then when Burks saw a double coming near midcourt, he froze and lost the ball in the backcourt, Randle retrieved but was an 8 sec violation.

Otherwise, Rose has indeed been our best player all year.  He had a few uncharacteristic low energy games lately, but bounced back v. TOR.  Seems to be getting lots of deflections, and can get in the paint at will which unlocks lots of offensive options.  Gets timely buckets and stabilizes the Knix.

We shot poorly

You re all want to put this on Burks handle?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21681 on: December 13, 2021, 02:57:12 PM »

Kam

I agree

I like the Kemba back idea.  My initial move was Burks starting but for Barrett.  And RJ looks good with second unit

Thus

Problem?  Thins will be stubborn with his brilliant Kemba idea

He could still be right.  We shall see
Walker Fournier Burks Rand le Noel

chipstern

• View Profile
Money Talks & BS Walks
« Reply #21682 on: December 13, 2021, 07:34:53 PM »

As December 15 beckons, the blogosphere is awash with reports that....

WAIT FOR IT

The Knicks have interest in Ben Simmons

[Cough]

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Money Talks & BS Walks
« Reply #21683 on: December 13, 2021, 07:51:46 PM »

As December 15 beckons, the blogosphere is awash with reports that....

WAIT FOR IT

The Knicks have interest in Ben Simmons

[Cough]

Assuming BoD & Facil, our reigning Trader Vics have family commitments, and that Kiid is too busy sucking Laura Ingram's dick....just for giggles....

Kemba Walker
Evan Fournier
Kevin Knox

Charlotte's 2022 #1 Pick [presently does not convey to Knicks given Hornets pick inside top 18]
Dallas' 2023 #1 Pick [conveyance based on TOP 10 protection]
New York's 2024 #1 pick

Some Second Rounders

Doubt this would get it done...not sure if Knicks are TRULY interested, though Simmons being an asshole notwithstanding, he is an asshole who plays top tier Defense and can lead the break...

Anyway...On WEDNESDAY, the 15th, trades can take place

Blogosphere rumors would hold that the likes of Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley, Myles Turner and Sabonis The Younger are up for grabs. 

Given that we are in a stretch where the team is struggling, and Senor Carlos is willing to shit can Thibs in favor of a bowl of Cream Of Wheat, well....

LET THE MASTURBATION BEGIN

chipstern

• View Profile
Knicks Draft Assets Through 2029
« Reply #21684 on: December 13, 2021, 07:53:49 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21685 on: December 13, 2021, 08:11:03 PM »

I have no opinion on a Simmons deal

We just dont have the goods to offer

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
PLEASE NOOOOOOOO!!!!
« Reply #21686 on: December 13, 2021, 09:01:49 PM »

Given that we are in a stretch where the team is struggling, and Senor Carlos is willing to shit can Thibs in favor of a bowl of Cream Of Wheat, well....

LET THE MASTURBATION BEGIN

carlos is willing to shitcan Thibs in favor of MIKE MILLER, not a bowl of Cream of wheat.

But... PLEASE, PLEASE, NO BEN SIMMONS on my team.

PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21687 on: December 13, 2021, 09:22:42 PM »

Jordan Schultz  Talen Horton-Tucker has become a trade target of as many as seven teams, league sources say. It will take a lot to get him though, I am told. Lakers, who really value THT, are hesitant. He just turned 21 and is averaging a career best 11 PPG, 5 RPG and 3 assists   via Twitter Schultz_Report

Stern, what's NY's offer?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21688 on: December 13, 2021, 09:24:54 PM »

One source said the Kings are still shopping a package including Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley III in hopes of getting a good player in return. Sources told The Bee over the summer the Kings had expressed interest in the Philadelphia 76ers Ben Simmons and Toronto Raptors Pascal Siakam  via Sacramento Bee

I'm in.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21689 on: December 13, 2021, 10:53:17 PM »

Grimes had way too much on his plate and started to get beat regularly in the 4Q on D, and started chucking up airballs.  Far too many minutes.

How is THT better than RJB.  RJ is solid on both ends.  THT a better slasher/driver, but also gets out of control.  And THT's defense is iffy for now.  Foul prone and takes bad angles at times.  Improving.

You want Simmons and a deal PHI might accept.
Try Rose who would steady them and make them less reliant on pup Maxey.
Add in ObiT so they'd have a backup PF.
Rose + ObiT + Noel?
Rose + ObiT + Fournier
Something like that.
Gotta give to get.
Simmons would be our starting PG, with Kemba/IQ the backup.
I'm not excited about moving Rose, but hard to see the Knix in the convo without including DRose.  Kemba won't cut it.
Doubt Knix in the Simmons pool.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 1844