Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1020209 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21840 on: December 20, 2021, 03:00:35 PM »

Russell of course has one more season in Minnesota, where he fits with Towns but will likely be dealt.  Start working on those Dangelo to NY offers.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Player Development
« Reply #21841 on: December 20, 2021, 03:26:13 PM »

Worth noting that Andrew Wiggins 3-Point Shooting has improved dramatically in two seasons alongside Curry and Kerr. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Who Dat?
« Reply #21842 on: December 20, 2021, 05:51:41 PM »

The New York Knicks are signing guard Matt Mooney of the NBA G League Capitanes de Ciudad de Mexico
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 05:53:43 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Daily Knicks
« Reply #21843 on: December 20, 2021, 06:52:31 PM »

You have heard me rant about Brad Dressler's epic stupidity before. 

https://dailyknicks.com/2021/12/20/jalen-brunson-trade-could-save-ny-knicks-season/

This is a smug, self-aggrandizing dweeb of Biblical Proportions. 

Anyway, sorry, but if there is a baseline for absurd trade phantasies, Dressler is the Mt Everest of dipshittery. 

Like the Mavs are going to trade Brunson.  DUH. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Who Dat?
« Reply #21844 on: December 20, 2021, 08:08:38 PM »

The New York Knicks are signing guard Matt Mooney of the NBA G League Capitanes de Ciudad de Mexico

Damn - got excited for a sec - thought it said Matt Maloney

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21845 on: December 20, 2021, 08:11:00 PM »

Dallas sucks - why wouldnt they make a deal?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21846 on: December 20, 2021, 08:20:03 PM »

Mavs, Wolves, Kings and Blazers fighting for one spot

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21847 on: December 21, 2021, 12:10:01 AM »

Depends what DAL can get back for Brunson.

Doubt Mitch & Kemba is enough.
Two gimps.  Mitch falls apart and you might have nothing.
That's why I was starting with Mitch & Rose.
Plus then DAL would be kind of forced to sign Mitch at a fairly high rate, since they couldn't just let him go as a FA after trading for him.
I also think Kleber is a solid player and not just a throw-in bum.
Last year he was active on both ends.  This year seems slowed down by injuries.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21848 on: December 21, 2021, 04:14:43 AM »

Kemba, Mitch, Knox, and their pick back for Jalen, Mo Brown, and Dwight Powell.

They can go Mitch, KP, Finney-Smith, Hardaway, Doncic with WCS, Kleber, Bullock, and Kemba off the bench.

We wind up with

Powell Brown Noel
Randle Obi Taj
Barrett Burks Seldon
Grimes IQ Fournier
Brunson McBride Rose

I would then see what the market is for Fournier and Noel.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 04:23:46 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21849 on: December 21, 2021, 09:55:50 AM »

Before Kemba was benched earlier this season I said that Randle must give Kemba the keys to the offense.  Thibs didn't see it that way.   Thibs was wrong.

By pretty much any metric, Randle has been one of the worst high usage players in the NBA, while Walker (again, when he has had the chance to run the show) has been one of the best.

https://knicksfilmschool.substack.com/p/new-solutions-bigger-problems

Randle really may be the biggest problem/disappointment on this team.  Imagine a Kemba and Obi high-octane offense that runs for days instead of what Randle apparently needs (his own personal PG, what is he a lefty ACE who needs his own personal catcher??).    When he isn't scoring Randle isn't playing defense anyway so sit his ass.

https://twitter.com/YoungNBA/status/1473040559874977795?s=20. <-- Randle can't shoot.

The Knicks have a 99.5 defensive rating with Randle off the court this season. That number would lead the league. If he can even be part of a league average defense in his minutes, that'll be just fine.  Just asking Julius to care.  Care! Just CARE!!!

. <-- Randle can't defend.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 10:59:18 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Macri
« Reply #21850 on: December 21, 2021, 10:01:38 AM »

I want to remind everyone that before last season, few of us thought of Randle as anything more than trade bait - a player we hoped would rehabilitate his value to the point that maybe the Knicks could recoup a small asset in any deal that sent him out of town, inevitably opening up space for his replacement that the team had just drafted. He was no one's idea of the best player on a halfway decent team, let alone a good one. This was supposed to be a team of equals.

Less than a year later, many of the same folks (possibly including this author) were having notions that Randle could be the centerpiece on a team that won a playoff series and even put a scare into one of the big boys. That complete and total 180 in expectations was a product of nothing more than Randle's transformation last season, which itself was (by all accounts) the result of an immense amount of offseason work and preparation.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
More Macri
« Reply #21851 on: December 21, 2021, 10:27:13 AM »

The Knicks have to either figure out how to get Randle right or try and trade him.  And if they want to trade him (Can't happen until Feb 3rd) the Knicks have to figure out how to fix Randle enough that some team will want him.   Either way, they (the Knicks, Randle, everyone) have to get better so that they ultimately can move him for value or actually keep him because the team is good again.

His numbers this year are not only down from last season, but are among the lowest of his career. From an efficiency standpoint, not only is he about 10 points per 100 shot attempts worse that last season, but 4.3 points per 100 shot attempts worse than his first year in New York, which we all agreed was pretty dreadful. There's also little difference in the amount of self creation he's been doing compared with the last few seasons, and that's despite his shot diet actually getting more efficient, with 13 percent fewer shots from midrange this season. (where he is shooting a dreadful 28%). 

If you read the tea leaves, it seems like Julius himself is telling us how he thinks he'll be able to find his way out of this, and that's by being more aggressive and looking for his own shot more. Which gets us to a harsh reality that is somewhat antithetical to common sense: if New York wants to have any chance to turning this year around, they're probably going to need to give a lot more shooting possessions to a guy who has been, as I pointed out yesterday, maybe the worst high volume shooter in basketball. For this to have any chance of working, I'd focus on pairing him with players who don't need the ball to provide value when they're on the court, which brings me to my radical solution of the day:

Once the team is fully healthy, start Deuce McBride and Quentin Grimes, along with RJ Barrett and Nerlens Noel, who is the center Julius seems to enjoy playing with the most. I'd also consider Immanuel Quickley in place of Grimes (or, if it wasn't going to be a PR nightmare, Barrett), because the defensive combo of Deuce and Quick seems to have the makings of something special, and all the lineup data seems to point to IQ as the one player who consistently generates good results in combos that contain Randle.

chipstern

• View Profile
BoD
« Reply #21852 on: December 21, 2021, 03:28:23 PM »

Why would we consider trading Rose? 

Not making a case for him as somehow on an Olympian Plateau.

But as much as he gives us in the way of a skillset, is verteran leadership, and a certain calming influence, and a lot of other things that do not show up on a stat sheet.  Not the least of which are the effect he has, off camera, on Quickley and McBride. 

I can see, from the recent posts by you and my worthy constituents, Facil and Kam [and Carlos], that THESE ARE THE TIMES THAT TRY MENS' SOULS, and that we have officially entered that familiar phase of Knicks history where we entertain fire sales and tear it all down, including, it would seem, Coach Thibs. 

I like Brunson very much, but given an admittedly small sample size, pre-Safety Protocols, IQ and McBride defined a certain tune and tempo, pace and intensity, which I liked very much, and it's worth remembering that we have Jokubaitis on ice, whom we drafted TWO SPOTS Ahead OF MCBRIDE.  Given that portrays me as a cockeyed optimist, but what the hey, aye? 

Anyway, knock yourselves out guys.  By all means, let's trade Randle and Fournier, Rose and Mitchell.  Why not? 

Peace. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21853 on: December 21, 2021, 03:29:29 PM »

Before Kemba was benched earlier this season I said that Randle must give Kemba the keys to the offense.  Thibs didn't see it that way.   Thibs was wrong.

By pretty much any metric, Randle has been one of the worst high usage players in the NBA, while Walker (again, when he has had the chance to run the show) has been one of the best.

https://knicksfilmschool.substack.com/p/new-solutions-bigger-problems

Randle really may be the biggest problem/disappointment on this team.  Imagine a Kemba and Obi high-octane offense that runs for days instead of what Randle apparently needs (his own personal PG, what is he a lefty ACE who needs his own personal catcher??).    When he isn't scoring Randle isn't playing defense anyway so sit his ass.

https://twitter.com/YoungNBA/status/1473040559874977795?s=20. <-- Randle can't shoot.

The Knicks have a 99.5 defensive rating with Randle off the court this season. That number would lead the league. If he can even be part of a league average defense in his minutes, that'll be just fine.  Just asking Julius to care.  Care! Just CARE!!!

. <-- Randle can't defend.

Not a good look. 

Duly noted. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Typical Knicks Fan
« Reply #21854 on: December 21, 2021, 04:17:21 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 1852