Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 1853

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1079477 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22020 on: December 29, 2021, 12:27:22 AM »

It's not easy maintaining zero cases while the borders are open.
Putting resources into testing and quarantining instead of post-infection treatment.

This just shows how totally wacked his filtered mind state is.
China's borders were largely closed for 19 months.
Yes it had been possible for a very selective few to travel there.
Most facing very extended quarantine on arrival.
Boy gonna need some extensive reeducation if he every emerges from lala land.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:29:50 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: BoZ Needs a New VPN...bad
« Reply #22021 on: December 29, 2021, 12:29:25 AM »

lmao...you don't know about it? Lol, lol, actually i'm not surprised cause you can't get any news over there..rofl, you just made my night!

*** But the fallout of the zero-tolerance approach is hard to ignore. Ruili, a city bordering Myanmar, has seen sporadic COVID-19 infections. Officials seal off the city each time, with the total duration of lockdowns reached roughly seven months since September 2020.

That's just one, idjit boy, takes like 3 seconds to find each if your network isn't moderated by Xi Jinping

Forget it, Les.

BoZ has been thoroughly re-educated.

ChamACo-ChamAAco needs a move to Shanghai.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22022 on: December 29, 2021, 12:31:24 AM »

You right, you right...will focus on the deepening mystery of Randle's mind rather than the meaningless muddle of Bo Zo Peep's.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22023 on: December 29, 2021, 12:57:39 AM »

Randall, on the floor, but not participating whatsoever for minutes at a time becoming "totally normal" which despite tonight's win, I find "totally distressing"

*** particularly when it's the middle of the fourth

He did get up twenty shots and manage 2 assists and 4 turnovers. I would call that generally involved. He was a combo of gassed and hurt it seemed, or he was saving something for tomorrow night. I thought it showed more on D than on O.

After tonight I would rather us be paying Greg Monroe than Noel to be on the Knicks.

RJ and Grimes can cover for Kemba well enough to give us overall decent team D. Fournier and Burks do not quite cut it
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22024 on: December 29, 2021, 01:01:56 AM »

"many Chinese cities"
Now you're talking a smallish border town.
The borders, some of them barely marked, have been difficult to maintain zero CV due to other countries outbreaks. 

Otherwise 1.3B Chinese have been CV free and able to go about their normal routine for the past 1.5 years.  Here and there, a few Chinese cities, such as Xian now, have enforced a 2nd lockdown.  Overall, China's zero CV policy has been wildly successful, especially given the large Wuhan/Hubei outbreak they were initially confronted with.  Unclear how long zero CV can be sustained. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
the bibble, the babble, move to Xian and take up scrabble
« Reply #22025 on: December 29, 2021, 01:18:06 AM »

Bo, that was a three second search (two more than you are worth!) but there are plenty more if your signal's unfettered....I've moved on. Feel free to tell the others about those open borders. In your typical let ten thousand meaningless words bloom style.

*** You were right to take a pass on that Chinese jab, tho....

*****Oh, wait, you can't move there....the city of 13 million people is currently...COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 01:27:06 AM by lesterluv »

lesterluv

• View Profile
if you do manage to cross those "open borders" lol...and enter China
« Reply #22026 on: December 29, 2021, 01:32:01 AM »

you don't get to quarantine at your buddy's house...and don't even think about stepping out into the "courtyard" for a smoke or a try at better wifi!

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22027 on: December 29, 2021, 03:04:12 AM »

Randall, on the floor, but not participating whatsoever for minutes at a time becoming "totally normal" which despite tonight's win, I find "totally distressing"

*** particularly when it's the middle of the fourth

He did get up twenty shots and manage 2 assists and 4 turnovers. I would call that generally involved. He was a combo of gassed and hurt it seemed, or he was saving something for tomorrow night. I thought it showed more on D than on O.

Jesus, I keep fucking losing messages because of using an em-dash or some other sin.

Anyhow, gassed or something. I don't know. But he's often the reason we can't hold a decent lead. Even when he's instrumental in getting us that lead, he gives it all back in mental errors on both sides of the court. A question of concentration? Don't know. Julius is fierce and talented, but his inconsistency is getting crazy.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22028 on: December 29, 2021, 09:10:30 AM »

Randle started the game low on energy.
1Q: Got beat to a rebound that hit the floor.
Stripped on the perimeter.  Taking tough shots, missing his first 3.

Minny announcers were informative and well-prepared.
One of them talked to the Wolves coach about Randle.  Finch along with one of the Knick assistants (Erdman?) were on the New Orleans staff when Randle toiled there.  They shared a laugh about how Randle was only interested in offense and getting paid back then.  Bad habits tend to last. 

They talked about Grimes having a half-brother who plays in the NHL.
And were good on various Monroe info.
Hell, they even reminisced about Kemba beating the Wolves with a game winner in his 3rd NBA game for the then-Bobcats back in 2012.  Lamenting a season of promise ruined by rookie Rubio tearing his ACL and Kevin Love breaking his hand doing knuckle pushups.

Worst announcers I've run across: Lakers (boring, bland), and Celtics (excessive homerism in the Heinsohn mold).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22029 on: December 29, 2021, 02:17:12 PM »

Rough game for Randle.
McDaniels outplayed him.

Minny will have an interesting bench once KAT, Edwards and the other starters return.
As Nowell, Knight and Monroe have all showed well in their absence.

Knix somewhat struggled to beat the Wolves 2nd and 3rd stringers.
Who hurt themselves with some seriously cold shooting.

Mitch was everywhere.
Taj was solid.
Grimes had a strong 1st half, but missed shots and made a couple wrong defensive reads 4Q.
Maybe a bit worn out. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22030 on: December 29, 2021, 02:37:33 PM »

Let's go, Mitch

Training paying off as season progresses.

6 straight games 20+ minutes

10.5  pts
10  reb
2 blk
1 st

per game over the 6.

And FOUR wins

Giving him 15 mil per?  Not sure.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:43:25 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22031 on: December 29, 2021, 02:48:47 PM »

Grimes made a 2-pointer

Sweet
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22032 on: December 29, 2021, 03:46:10 PM »

Grimes is doing what we asked Reggie Bullock to do last year.  He is a nice rotation piece to plug in. I am liking how many shooters we have on the team.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22033 on: December 29, 2021, 03:57:18 PM »

Yeah, but we saw in the Hawk's game that he also has the skills and instinct to aggressively drive into the paint.

So he'll soon be offering more than Bullock, no?

chipstern

• View Profile
Observations
« Reply #22034 on: December 29, 2021, 05:00:55 PM »

* To paraphrase what Wally said regarding Julius. 

More than two dribbles and he gets in trouble. 

CURIOUS, that both Julius and Kemba were mot sharp offensively. 

Perhaps manage their minutes more aggressively. 

Be that as it may, and as Randle's most passioinate positive pussy, he was clumsy and overthinking, a number of TOs quite cringeworthy.  PS: I can get the inconsistency on the treys, but those back-in, dribble, midrange turnarounds, in the paint or on the baseline, were money last season.  Curious.   

* An RJ/Grimes platoon seems to be emerging.  I liked it when they were both on the court together. BOTH inheriting Bullock's roles in the offense, though both can get to the glass off of the dribble. 

* Second unit simply pistol whipped the Wolves, were running hot, than Thibs reflexively put the starters back in, and the Wolves went on a big run. 

* We've gone from managing Kemba's minutes to UConn minutes.  Time to get IQ and [AND] Deuce in there, separately or together. 

* Obi with a trey and an aggressive up and under layup, asserting his hops, power and finesse. Really sweet.  Like Wally said, he would not have had the confidence to do that last season. 

* MITCHELL.  Playing with pace and hops and JOY.  A moratorium on lame trade rumors, please. 

* Fournier.  There seems to be a pattern of him starting really hot, both off the catch and the bounce.  Then, after he sits, and comes back in, out of rhythm.  Curious. 

* Taj-Obi-Burks-Grimes-IQ played well together. 

* Knox buried, once again.  SIGH. 

* When everyone is back, is there a chance we keep Dotson in lieu of Selden? 

* In terms of team spirit and cohesion, we may be seeing the invisible hand of Theo Pinson and what he did for this team in Thibs' COTY season. 

Detroit is DECIMATED to night.  OUT On Protocols, Cade Cunningham Isaiah Stewart Josh Jackson Killian Hayes Saben Lee Trey Lyles Rodney McGruder Cory Joseph
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 05:04:59 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 1853