Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1476 1477 [1478] 1479 1480 ... 1853

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1081121 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22155 on: January 06, 2022, 09:57:56 PM »

The three redeems the missed fts. We are back in the play in. Buh by, Boston. That was a bit too close.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Mirror Images
« Reply #22156 on: January 06, 2022, 10:04:51 PM »

The three redeems the missed fts. We are back in the play in. Buh by, Boston. That was a bit too close.

Knicks and Celtics are like mirror images of each other. 

Brilliance & Futility. 

We came back from 24 down in the second quarter. 

Missed FTs almost iced us. 

Julius with ZERO turnovers. 

Fournier with 15-25, 10-14 from trey--41-8-2...YIKES

Qucikley with some BIG buckets. 

Robert Williams was a beast. 

Tatum SO TOUGH & CRAFTY. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Captain Obvious
« Reply #22157 on: January 06, 2022, 10:17:38 PM »

The last 16 minutes of the game .... were the best 16 minutes of the game.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22158 on: January 07, 2022, 03:22:35 AM »

As for Burks, he's an erratic defender.  He freelances on D much as he does on O. 
It's not hard to find a handful of Burks defensive miscues per game. 

Less than two minutes into the game, Burks drifts from his man all the way to the center of the FT line, despite the very limited threat of Tatum beginning a mild probing drive, while Mitch is already well-positioned to wall off the paint.  An easy direct line pass to Jaylen for a very open 3.  Knix down 9-3 after two minutes.  A completely unnecessary 'leave the outside shooter open' error.  Toppings isn't much on defense, but if he's guarding an outside scoring threat, he stays within reach of his man while defending off the ball.  For Burks and Fournier, the temptation to wander into the paint, way too far to recover in time, is far too compelling.

BOS game, neither team starting a PG.

5 mins into the contest and Burks curiously fronts Jaylen at the 3 point line.  Not sure I've ever seen that strategy before.  Probably because it's insane and Brown simply cut rimward.  Amusingly, Burks seemed surprised by Brown cutting to the rim.  If Bo were coaching, I'd yank a guy after those two unforced defensive errors in the first 5 mins.  See how Grimes does on Jaylen.

4:32 left in 2Q, Burks again sinks to the center of the FT line on as Tatum dribbles harmlessly towards him.  RJB on him, Randle down below.  Nothing going on, but Burks determined to leave his man and double too early, unnecessarily, and too easy to spot and counter.  Simple pass to a wide open Schroder for a BOS 3.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 05:32:00 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22159 on: January 07, 2022, 05:35:13 AM »

RJB had been driving well lately.  But MyTurn swatted him away a few times, and RJB got blocked 3x by BOS in the 1Q.  Randle and RJB with no O.  Knix down 24 late 2Q.

Fournier is a big 1Q guy.  And has been deadly v. the Celts.  The over/under should have been 12 in the 1Q for Fournier.

3' left in 2Q, Burks fights TimeLord for a long rebound.  Then hustles back to his man in time to pick off the kick out pass.  Good effort.  Nice steal.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 05:48:49 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22160 on: January 07, 2022, 09:51:53 AM »

As for Burks, he's ...

Burks makes weird decisions.  Remember earlier in the season (maybe even the first boston game) a play he had to inbound the ball late in the 4th, couldn't find anyone at first, seemed to panic a little and nearly threw the ball away.  I love Burks the shooter.  When he is asked to make plays or stop plays from happening he is not as loved.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22161 on: January 07, 2022, 10:11:54 AM »

Got the game DVR'd.  Thought all season that Fournier should be taking the most shots, looks like it finally happened
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22162 on: January 07, 2022, 10:12:56 AM »

(when is this post-truncation thing gonna stop) Randle's first ZERO TURNOVER GAME since April last. RJB with the killer. Can't wait to watch!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22163 on: January 07, 2022, 10:17:03 AM »

An incredible reversal for RJ last night.

He was confounded and embarrassed by Williams. Unable to adapt. And when he returned in the 4th, I was unpleasantly surprised.

And then....the shot.

Basketball is great, man!

BTW, last season's Julius was out in force again last night. Fierce.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22164 on: January 07, 2022, 10:35:55 AM »

(when is this post-truncation thing gonna stop) Randle's first ZERO TURNOVER GAME since April last. RJB with the killer. Can't wait to watch!

Most of the game was brutal to watch.   Skip to 81-61.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22165 on: January 07, 2022, 10:38:06 AM »

Julius was off 1st half, but when Knix got down 25, he decided to put on his hard hat and go to work.

I didn't understand why BOS mostly guarded FourEva with shrimpy Schroder.
When you're feeling good, just shoot right over the a little guy.
Wasn't til the last 2 mins they finally switched Smart on to Fournier.
I would have done that 2 or 3 quarters earlier.
Don't think BOS is using Smart well on either end this year.

Both teams could really use a PG.

IQ made a bunch of very timely big shots.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 10:54:45 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22166 on: January 07, 2022, 10:42:06 AM »

As for Burks, he's ...

Burks makes weird decisions.  Remember earlier in the season (maybe even the first boston game) a play he had to inbound the ball late in the 4th, couldn't find anyone at first, seemed to panic a little and nearly threw the ball away.  I love Burks the shooter.  When he is asked to make plays or stop plays from happening he is not as loved.

Take what he is.  Hope for spurts of brilliance, steadiness otherwise. Which is what you are getting.

Can be a rotation guy on a contender,  yes, no doubt.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22167 on: January 07, 2022, 12:20:25 PM »

Most of the game was brutal to watch.   Skip to 81-61.

lol, thanks...will do

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22168 on: January 07, 2022, 01:35:57 PM »

As for Burks, he's ...

Take what he is.  Hope for spurts of brilliance, steadiness otherwise. Which is what you are getting.

Can be a rotation guy on a contender,  yes, no doubt.

Yeah.  Bench player. 

Alec Burks is shooting just 33 percent overall and from deep as a starter
Alec Burks is shooting 45 percent overall and 47 percent from long range off the bench.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22169 on: January 07, 2022, 01:53:29 PM »

I didn't realize there was a Julius Randle controversy in the late stages of the win, lol, lol...

https://youtu.be/c3XOogp1fu4

Still haven't seen the game, but expect to come down on the side of the TNT crew. Unconditional love reserved for my little lesterdawgs and my little lestercat!
Pages: 1 ... 1476 1477 [1478] 1479 1480 ... 1853