Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 919245 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22380 on: January 20, 2022, 09:26:02 AM »

Mo Bamba gets 32 on Embiid.   Holds Joel to 50.  Heh.

7- 8 from deep for Mo.

Good to see Jalen Suggs back (4 games, apparently - hadnt been paying attention

Bamba, Suggs, Wagner, Anthony, add from 2022 draft.  Stir.

Need about three more top ten picks, true.  And the right vets.  Pulling for the Magic.  Likeable players.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22381 on: January 20, 2022, 09:30:46 AM »

Lakers loss

Dwight plays 13 minutes

Other players were LeBron, Ariza, A Braddley, Westbrook, Stanley J, Reaves, Horton-Tucker, Monk and Melo

Who the hell played center?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22382 on: January 20, 2022, 09:38:02 AM »

Not seeing a Hornets (25-20) collapse over next 37 games.

Sowe have five teams for 3 East playoff spots

Wiz are 23-22
Celts 23-23
Raps 21-21 (games to make up)
Knicks 22-23
Hawks now 19-25 - look out

Dont think Indy (16-29) can make a run, but Dallas was buried before their current 9-1 run so you never know

chipstern

• View Profile
Stubborn Kind Of Fellow
« Reply #22383 on: January 20, 2022, 10:10:01 AM »

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:37:56 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwhile, Back On Planet Earth
« Reply #22384 on: January 20, 2022, 10:34:07 AM »

Ryan Arcidiacono?

The Villinova point guard is back on yet another 10-Day Contract, while career scrub Solomon Hill, out for the season in any event, has been waived. 

Swell. 

Now Miles McBride will have company on the bench while Thibs amps up our lead lagging assists totals by tasking the game but overmatched Alec Burks with "running the offense," which mainly consists of tossing the ball into ISO-Julius so he can over dribble into double teams, when he is not briskly/efficiently kicking out to stationary spot up shooters

God forbid we shared the ball and employed motion and cutters. 

PS: What's the Over/Under on when Thibs plays Kemba right back on to the Injured Reserve list. 

PPS: I really like Nerlens Noel, but what's the Over/Under on him getting on the floor for even 41 games this season?  Not making much of a case for his lawsuit againt Rich Paul.

PPPS: Sure enough, the POST was banging the drums for a Karl Anthony-Towns transaction.  SERIOUSLY?  In what sub strata of the known galaxy is that even a tenable option.  "Oh, but he wants to be a Knick?"  BS.  The Wolves seem to be making the next steps with their core of Edwards, Russell and Towns, and have a host of lively bodies coming up behind them, and a coach who has them playing Ferocious D.  And of course, having reunited RJ with Cam, predictably, visions of sugar plum fairies and Zaftig Williamson dance in jagoffs' heads, never mind that the bone in his foot is healing at an agonizingly slow pace, not abetted by the fact that he seems to be well over 300 pounds. 

PPPPS: Not sure what the "Next" Leon Rose "Deal" might be [perhaps a Mulligan on picking Obi ahead of Haliburton, as Toppin seems to occupy a place of trust in Thibs' mind right up there with Kevin Knox], but at least overpaying for Myles Turner [or Sabonis] seems to be off the table.  Turner has a stress fracture in his foot, so he is out well past the trade deadline, and Sabonis sprained his ankle.  Jerami Grant is now the flavor of the month, along with DeAron Fox and rumor perennial, Ben Simmons, with whom Darel Morey appears to have seriously over-played his hand.  And of course, rumors about HOW BADLY we want Jalen Brunson proliferate.  Well, WISHING AIN'T FISHING, and for the life of me, uncertainty about his next contract notwithstanding, why the fuck would Dallas trade him, as well as he has been playing?  Well, apparently, if we gave them back their 2023 #1 pick, that would precipitate trade flexibility on ALL OF THEIR CURRENT AND FUTURE #1 picks.  I see multiple masturbatory fantasies involving Kemba, save there would have to be other bodies involved to make the numbers work, and I suspect that an Obi > Jalen exchange would not sit well with NY fans.  Who knows? 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:46:54 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Normal as Fuk!!!
« Reply #22386 on: January 20, 2022, 11:48:53 AM »

No doubt a bloodbath...

People Are Throwing Out Their Pet Hamsters After Hong Kong Orders Mass Killing
https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5qj87/hong-kong-hamsters-covid

Yet light emerges in the darkest moments...
Hong Kongers rush to adopt threatened hamsters
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/hong-kongers-rush-adopt-threatened-161213584.html

Some are already calling this Tiananmen Two
Hong Kong Activists Mobilize to Stop Mass Hamster Execution
https://www.thedailybeast.com/hong-kong-activists-mobilize-to-stop-mass-hamster-execution

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Still waiting for Adam Silver to weigh in...
« Reply #22387 on: January 20, 2022, 11:54:03 AM »

N.B.A. Warriors Disavow Part-Owners Hamster Comments
The Golden State Warriors distanced themselves from a minority stakeholder, Chamath Palihapitiya, who said nobody cares about the Hamsters group that has faced a deadly crackdown in China.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/18/sports/basketball/warriors-chamath-palihapitiya-uyghurs-nba.html?smid=url-share

Normal as Fuk I tell you!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 11:55:45 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22388 on: January 20, 2022, 12:03:40 PM »

I suppose if non starter = "bust" you are correct.  I dont look at it that way.  Certainly not busts in a Kevin Knox way (check PERs)

This is what - the seventh year for these 2015 draftees ?  Being contributors matters.   

Barely hanging on to an NBA career at age 25/26 is definitely a Bust for a former Top 10 pick.

Okafor seems to be no longer associated with the Association. Last year got 13 mins for lowly DET.  3rd year in a row earning minimum salary.  = bustaroo
Prior to the season, DET traded him early Sept to BKY, who waived him 5 days later.  ATL signed Okafor late Sept and dropped him after 2 weeks.  Surprisingly with all these CV replacement players, OKa4 is still sitting home.  Just 25.

Zonja, also out of the league, and was such a mess that he'll never be back.

Muddy - signed a 10-day contract with Sackings.  So he was out of the League too.  But CV giving him a last gasp. 

Stan John -- got a CV hardship week deal and then two 10 day contracts.  If not for CV likely would be in GLeague.

Tank has played in 9 games this year for PHX.  Lately totally supplanted by the resurrected Jalen Smith.

Winslow averaging 11 mins for LAC.  Has made 21 3's the last 3 years in 69 games at 20%

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22389 on: January 20, 2022, 01:48:34 PM »

Last game really had me shaking my head.

I mean, if we can't beat Minnesota at home, just how are we going to survive the brutal 2nd half schedule where most of the teams are much better than the Timberwolves?

I suppose the Knicks do have a way of bouncing back. And the Pelicans are pretty bad. So maybe there will be at least a one-night respite from Knick gloom.

Maybe.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks V. Wolves
« Reply #22390 on: January 20, 2022, 04:19:04 PM »

Last game really had me shaking my head.

I mean, if we can't beat Minnesota at home, just how are we going to survive the brutal 2nd half schedule where most of the teams are much better than the Timberwolves?

I suppose the Knicks do have a way of bouncing back. And the Pelicans are pretty bad. So maybe there will be at least a one-night respite from Knick gloom.

Maybe.

Hey, dig this

Timberwolves
(22-22, 10-12 Away)

Knicks
(22-23 11-13 Home)

Towns V. Robinson/Gibson

Advantage, WOLVES

Edwards V. Fournier

EVEN, maybe a slight edge to Edwards off the bounce to the rack, Even more of a stop and pop

Russell/Beverley V. Walker/Quickley/Burks

Advantage, WOLVES

Our third quarter made up for our first. 

Towns fouled out both our centers. 

Thibs went anal in neither trusting Obi/Jericho at crunch. 

A few calls went our way, and we pull off a Perils Of Pauline Win. 

Wolves defense was nominally better. 

More significantly, their bench out played ours. 

Wolves are on the rise.

The idea that the Wolves are a Gimme, either on their court or ours?  Respectfully disagree.  Hey, when we played them on their court, without Towns, Edwards AND Russell, we were lucky to come out with the win. 

Wolves are currently bunched up at #7 in the West with the Lakers and Clippers. 

They are looking like a playoff team. 

There has been a reshuffling of teams. 

Teams like the Hawks?

Down.

Teams like the Bulls and Cavs and Hornets and GRIZZLIES?

Trending WAY UP.  Clicking. 

Teams like the Knicks and Celtics and Wizards and Raptors are all locked in a tight do or die scrum between 8 & 11. 

No team is a gimme.

Now the Pelicans?

We should stomp them. 

However, I would assume nothing. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:35:32 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22391 on: January 20, 2022, 04:21:18 PM »

Minny a circa .500 team same as the Knix.  In fact both with the same 22-23 record at the moment.  Stack up fairly even at the top end: KAT/Randle; Edwards/RJB; Tangelo/Fournier
Both teams with energetic, scrappy bench players.  Knix with more experience.  Add in a healthy Rose and Knix probably come out smelling better.  Neither team looks like world beaters.  But it's not the same garbage T-Wolves from the last few years.

Knix with the 2nd toughest remaining schedule (Lakes with the worst).
Slightly above .500 and 8-10th seed is where I had Knix pegged.

Hawks can put together a late season run once Capela returns.
Especially if Hunter and Bogdan can stay/get healthy.

BOS, WAS, CHA -- one of those likely to falter.  I'd go with WIZ.  But CHA has porous D.  BOS chemistry issues.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:28:31 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
ROSE
« Reply #22392 on: January 20, 2022, 04:27:44 PM »

Minny a circa .500 team same as the Knix.  In fact both with the same 22-23 record at the moment.  Stack up fairly even at the top end: KAT/Randle; Edwards/RJB; Tangelo/Fournier
Both teams with energetic, scrappy bench players.  Knix with more experience.  Add in a healthy Rose and Knix probably come out smelling better.  Neither team looks like world beaters.

Knix with the 2nd toughest remaining schedule (Lakes with the worst).
Slightly above .500 and 8-10th seed is where I had Knix pegged.

Rose's age and limitations are obvious. 

So then is how much we miss his leadership and abillity to orchestrate, to break down defenses going to the rack, the threat of his three, and how he draws coverage. 

We need a steady hand at the point. 

PS: Currently, our #34 pick, 21 year old PG Rokas Jokubaitis is tearing things up in Spain.
Tremendous upside.  Still, hard to imagine Thibs giving him the keys to the car.  I dont imagine him coming over until 2023, anyway, when Noel, Gibson, Burks, Walker and Rose's 2/3 option years all come due and potentially off the books.   

chipstern

• View Profile
Tonight
« Reply #22393 on: January 20, 2022, 04:34:17 PM »

Reddish and Noel.

Out. 

Walker.

In.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: ROSE
« Reply #22394 on: January 20, 2022, 04:46:17 PM »

Currently, our #34 pick, 21 year old PG Rokas Jokubaitis is tearing things up in Spain.
Tremendous upside.  Still, hard to imagine Thibs giving him the keys to the car.  I dont imagine him coming over until 2023, anyway, when Noel, Gibson, Burks, Walker and Rose's 2/3 option years all come due and potentially off the books.

The next Milos Vujanic!

At least your expectations are somewhat tempered.
Some Knick fans keep expecting some unknown Euro to make a splash.  Whether it's Iggy, Magic Lampe, Papa Kostas, Shved, Sergio!, etc.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 ... 1848