Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913754 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Afraid So
« Reply #22500 on: January 27, 2022, 11:43:17 AM »

Thibs is stubborn as FUKTM

If the whole world sees the obvious, expect him to double down!

Expect a course reversal soon. 

The ship be sinking. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22501 on: January 27, 2022, 11:52:53 AM »

I certainly hope so....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: The Shoe Fits
« Reply #22502 on: January 27, 2022, 12:04:27 PM »

Jeff Van Gundy On How These Knicks Are Broken

There have been plenty of times throughout the year to show that they work well together

I just do not know how they continue on like this.

That is the definition of insanity

Seeing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result

Barrett's surge seems to have totally changed Julius Randle.  Good teams have layers complementing each other.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22503 on: January 27, 2022, 12:25:00 PM »

Thibs is stubborn as FUKTM

If the whole world sees the obvious, expect him to double down!

Yeah but what do we make of his decision to dump Kemba after just 20 games?  How does stubbornness play into that decision?  I can only conclude that Thibs was anti-Walker from the start and that there is some friction between he and Leon.  Otherwise I don't get how Thibs can be stubborn as a mule but also willing to swap Walker for Burks after such a small sample size.

And IF....  Thibs has been anti-Walker from the start then you know so has Randle.  If neither Thibs or Randle truly bought-in to the Walker move then something within the organization is rotten. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
REBOOT?
« Reply #22504 on: January 27, 2022, 12:28:08 PM »

I have the sinking feeling that Julius might very well be outward bound. 

Not to mention Nerlens, Evan, Alec, Kemba....

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22505 on: January 27, 2022, 12:42:21 PM »

Pretty awful game.  Knix starters look like strangers.  I can't even identify what the Knix are trying to do on most possessions.  Don't we have anybody who can run a PnR with Mitch or Julius.?  MIA was playing small, NYK should have been ramming the ball inside and lobbing to Mitch.  Just no continuity from the Knix.  Too many contested shots with nobody under to rebound, along with turnovers.  And the transition D remains cringeworthy.

JVG was good, especially 1st half where he said exactly what I was thinking on many plays ("Randle passed up an open shot for a contested one", etc).

I've given up going through games an identifying defensive miscues.  Hope I've convinced folks that Burks dies on screens and is poor on rotations.  And Fournier is often just a weak link on D. 

MIA game, it seemed more RJB mistakes than usual.  One 2Q play, PJ Tuck started coming out to set an elbow screen, but then ducked in, and RJB was confused and weakly doubled the ballhandler, leaving Randle to try to help late.

4 mins left in the 3Q, Herro drives right and as he gets forced towards the basket baseline, Randle realizes the only pass is to his man Tucker in the left corner.  Problem is Tucker never went into the corner, but lurked along the baseline. 
Randle ball watched the Herro drive, and as Randle headed to the corner, jis man cut to the rim. Was comical to see Randle start to the corner as his man went right past him to the rim for a layup.

I'm used to our poor D. But the offense is real ugly these days.  Just amazing how different the energy and vibe is on the 2nd unit compared with the starters.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Word
« Reply #22506 on: January 27, 2022, 12:50:32 PM »

Just amazing how different the energy and vibe is on the 2nd unit compared with the starters.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:56:00 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Word
« Reply #22507 on: January 27, 2022, 01:13:07 PM »

Just amazing how different the energy and vibe is on the 2nd unit compared with the starters.

New York has been outscored by a total of 69 points over their first quarters, good for the 7th worst mark in basketball. If you think that is bad, they've been outscored by 83 points in third quarters, which is 6th worst. We are not at game four or 14, but game 49. This is what it is.

In the second and fourth quarters, of course, the Knicks play like contenders. They have the ninth best scoring margin of plus 53 in second quarters and the fourth best in fourth quarters, trailing only the Warriors, Suns and Jazz at plus 62.

Summary: Starters suck.  Bench players don't suck.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 01:29:31 PM by Kam »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22508 on: January 27, 2022, 01:23:43 PM »

4 mins left in the 3Q, Herro drives right and as he gets forced towards the basket baseline, Randle realizes the only pass is to his man Tucker in the left corner.  Problem is Tucker never went into the corner, but lurked along the baseline. 
Randle ball watched the Herro drive, and as Randle headed to the corner, jis man cut to the rim. Was comical to see Randle start to the corner as his man went right past him to the rim for a layup.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1486749665882255363.  This link shows two Randle defensive lapses.  The second one is the one you described above.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22509 on: January 27, 2022, 01:25:38 PM »

Randle apparetnly doesn't want Walker to get the assist so he gives up a wide open shot for a contested one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1486738524737052675

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22510 on: January 27, 2022, 01:27:21 PM »

Randle apparently has become farsighted when coach draws up a play.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Off with his head
« Reply #22511 on: January 27, 2022, 01:45:37 PM »

When I first dared, DARED, to say I did not want Thibs coaching this team any more, most here if not all, were against that notion, most eloquently Chief Chip.

I am proud to have been the first. I bet nobody here now would be terribly upset were Thibs let go. And I bet players would feel relieved and ready for a fresh start.

OFF WITH HIS HEAD ALREADY!!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 01:51:30 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Helluva way to set an early tone for the game..
« Reply #22512 on: January 27, 2022, 02:01:10 PM »

Randle apparetnly doesn't want Walker to get the assist so he gives up a wide open shot for a contested one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1486738524737052675

And he apparently doesn't want an assist himself as both RJ and Fournier are open as FUKTM

Thibs should have yanked him right after this...a time-out and toungelashing at the very least

Fans are sick of it.
Teammates are sick of it.
Basta Ya!

* the only question is see what ya can get now or save him for the Spida Mitchell-type summer time move? I'm leaning toward the former which I think is STUPID, but covid has impaired my willingness to delay satisfaction and the in-season move would allow me to enjoy more OBIMINUTES RIGHT NOW!

** that kid is so fun to watch and going to be VERY VERY good, massive D improvement from year one, no more a liability then lol, Top Two Way Player, has genuine MIDAS TOUCH AROUND DA RIM, get him in there and let him WORK ON SHIT

**** Can you imagine if he were given Barrett leash? lol lol..here are two or three a couple a bunch of twenty-plus-plus Barrett shooting nights ..LICENSE TO CLANK INDEED: 2-15, 4-15, 4-19, 4-14, 7-21, 4-14, 5-18, 5-14, 3-13, 1-9, 2-11, 2-10, 6-18, 4-13, 2-14, 5-17, 3-13, 1-9, 4-13, 2-12, 4-15, 4-15,....that's just a sample from last season and this, would have been far too painful to revisit year one as well
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 02:55:29 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: The Shoe Fits
« Reply #22513 on: January 27, 2022, 03:26:57 PM »

Jeff Van Gundy On How These Knicks Are Broken

There have been plenty of times throughout the year to show that they work well together

I just do not know how they continue on like this.

That is the definition of insanity

Seeing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result

Barrett's surge seems to have totally changed Julius Randle.  Good teams have layers complementing each other.

I think my cousin meant players.  But layers works, somewhat.

On Thibs, one NBA Radio guy at least has him not lasting past All Star break next season.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22514 on: January 27, 2022, 03:28:43 PM »

Me?  I still think we have a post deadline run to playoffs in us and I dont see Thibs leaving with a chance at three appearances straight
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 1848