Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914464 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22530 on: January 28, 2022, 11:25:42 AM »

Aside from Randle's woes, what is going on with the offense? Is it really a talent thing? For better ball clubs, it's clear about their strategies to confuse defenses, exploit weakness, so on. For us, it's a mystery. Occasionally we get hot and hold our own. But so often we just look slow, laborious and predictable. 

In the past, there have been Knick squads that suck because, you know, essentially their guys were better than ours. Not wildly complicated. Now it feels...different. Like we're getting much less out of this team than we should.

On another note, all year long I thought that our 2nd team would beat the 1st more times than not.

Ball movement is one thing  PLAYER movement another altogether.  Proper spacing, opportune cutting etc.

Then, as Scalabrine mentioned - who can make a play when there is none available?  Seems Randle did this a heap last year - and in the end - even given his huge season - was criticized for it.  BARRETT is showing the beginnings of being such a talent.  Fornier could do this more often - but is so fundamental that he is not so accustomed.  Quickley of course - yes - but needs a tick up in efficiency.  And then there is Reddish.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22531 on: January 28, 2022, 01:00:59 PM »

Thibs got folks standing around like statues. Clearly likes it that way. Don't think we can blame all that on the players.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!
« Reply #22532 on: January 28, 2022, 01:22:04 PM »

Thibs got folks standing around like statues. Clearly likes it that way. Don't think we can blame all that on the players.

That is what I have been saying.

That my doggie. Good boy! 🐶
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22533 on: January 28, 2022, 01:53:33 PM »

I have plenty issues w/Thibs. Not calling for his head, but it's certainly possible you're just ahead of the curve on this...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Good doggie 🐶
« Reply #22534 on: January 28, 2022, 02:09:16 PM »

I have plenty issues w/Thibs. Not calling for his head, but it's certainly possible you're just ahead of the curve on this...

Ok, you are not calling for his head (YET), but you would not be unhappy if it happened, right?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Good doggie 🐶
« Reply #22535 on: January 28, 2022, 02:36:57 PM »

Ok, you are not calling for his head (YET), but you would not be unhappy if it happened, right?

Well I surely wouldn't mind a few new offensive sets, lol...

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #22536 on: January 28, 2022, 04:15:25 PM »

WRONG

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22537 on: January 28, 2022, 05:04:56 PM »

Firing the coach is so tedious. What do you think that signals to the rest of the league?

A step backward.

I'm thinking/hoping that there are ways to right the ship within the current system. Perhaps it's an internal negotiation with Thibs to yield a greater role with offensive schemes to one of the assistants. There's got to be someone there with more innovative ideas, a better sense of how to max the talent that we have.

Thib's weaknesses are becoming clearer. But I think he's already proven that he can be a force for a winning team.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 09:24:39 PM by elephant »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #22538 on: January 28, 2022, 05:34:12 PM »

WRONG

That is not the way I read my doggies response, on the contrary...
Well I surely wouldn't mind a few new offensive sets, lol...

Such a nice doggie! 🦮🐕‍🦺🐩🐕
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 05:41:14 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Who cares what they think?
« Reply #22539 on: January 28, 2022, 05:37:54 PM »

Firing the coach is so tedious. What do you think that signals to the rest of the league?

A step backward.

I'm thinking/hoping that there are ways to right the ship within the current system. Perhaps it's an internal negotiation with Thibs to yield a greater role with offensive schemes to one of the assistants. There's got to be someone there with more innovative ideas, a better sense of how to max the talent that we have.

Thib's weakness are becoming clearer. But I think he's already proven that he can be a force for a winning team.

Elephant, the rest of the league are well informed. They know we are a crappy team right now.

Thibs has proven he loses his teams after being a force for the first year or two. He has already lost this Knicks team. And the rest of the league knows this too.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22540 on: January 28, 2022, 08:18:15 PM »

HUUUUUGE game tonight

In looking cohesive and competitive, if not winning
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22541 on: January 28, 2022, 10:47:26 PM »

When's Rose coming back?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22542 on: January 29, 2022, 12:42:13 AM »

Why in the world would Walker be out there in the last few minutes?

That's utterly unjustifiable.

And Mitch, 4 straight missed free throws when you're trying to make a comeback at the end of a game is not a good look.

Arrrrrrgh. Just such a fucking difficult team to watch.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 12:51:47 AM by elephant »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22543 on: January 29, 2022, 01:04:52 AM »

I'm not ready to ditch Thibs yet. He coached a good game. I saw a few new sets. For him, the substitutions were an improvement. Especially liked the Quick pull for Quick. (If I never see him attempting to play point again, that would be right fine.)

I REALLY WANT TO GET RID OF RANDLE.

Was ready to give him some half-hearted praise, despite the sub-par play, despite the early turnovers, for doing the dirty work, for one or two strong moves to the hoop, for staying locked in ... but he didn't. Not at all. He checked out completely. Early. The complete failure to even attempt to block out Connaughton with like 2:15 left and it's like an 8-point game. Oof. Go back and watch it. You'll vomit. His head is somewhere deep inside a cave deep inside his head deep inside a...

HE'S COOKED. I'M DONE. What did I say? Two second rounders? OK...Yeah we'll lose more. So what. Ain't gonna go anywhere riding that horse. For damn sure. And honestly, I don't think he'll like being the rugged guy third or fourth option he should be.

*** Nice on Fournier backing up the talk with an excellent game on both ends. Kemba played a pretty good one too.

*** RJ adding a 6-20 to that long, long, long, long list. That's why Kidd asks the question. It's still a reasonable one. Even post-"surge." Never gave up though. I'll give him that!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 01:17:13 AM by lesterluv »

lesterluv

• View Profile
This
« Reply #22544 on: January 29, 2022, 01:19:06 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 1848