Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1520 1521 [1522] 1523 1524 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1068460 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Damn
« Reply #22815 on: February 16, 2022, 10:04:16 PM »

Damn

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22816 on: February 16, 2022, 10:16:41 PM »

If you watched the game in the 2nd quarter when we were up 27 points and thought....

We got this

...you haven't been paying attention.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22817 on: February 16, 2022, 10:21:23 PM »

The Knicks wore black to mourn the lost season.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Dim Chamaco
« Reply #22818 on: February 16, 2022, 10:57:06 PM »

Why would I delete a post that had meaning to me?

I deleted mine, after you deleted yours, after which you replied to my deleted post. Got it now?

I moved it.

Oh, should I apologize to Chamaco? 🤔

Because he is so swift to apologize to others?!

Ok, now you convinced me that I should. He NEVER apologizes, and I really do not want to have ANYTHING in common with such an specimen.

Besides, it will be a lot less depressing than commenting on the Knicks.

So, sorry Chamaco 😞
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22819 on: February 17, 2022, 01:36:18 PM »

So, how was the game?

Did we lose it on defense again ?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22820 on: February 17, 2022, 02:26:23 PM »

Well, up 15 with 10 minutes to go in the 4th.

Nets get points on 9 of the next 10 trips downcourt to tie things up.

So yes, you can safely say defense or the lack thereof played a HUGE role.

***along with tired-ass offensive "sets"..failure to block out...lazy passes...lots of other culprits lol...it takes a village to blow a 28 point lead
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 03:38:47 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
And Furthermore [by James Herbert]
« Reply #22822 on: February 17, 2022, 04:02:40 PM »

The New York Knicks are in freefall, and, according to SNY's Ian Begley, 2021 Coach of the Year Tom Thibodeau doesn't have the support within the organization that he used to. More specifically, according to a second SNY story on the subject, Knicks executive William Wesley -- "Worldwide Wes" -- has criticized Thibodeau's coaching in private conversations with owner James Dolan. Wesley has told Dolan that Thibodeau deserves a significant share of the blame for the team's recent slide, per SNY. 

Begley did not report that Thibodeau is on the hot seat heading into the All-Star break -- he actually listed four reasons to expect Thibodeau to finish the season -- but that, even before their dispiriting loss to the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday, things had gotten grim enough that "some people of influence at Madison Square Garden" were losing confidence in him.

He also reported that Thibodeau was angry that the front office didn't upgrade the roster at the trade deadline.

Why might things be tense in New York right now? Well, here's what has happened in the Knicks' three most recent games:

In Portland on Saturday, Feb. 12, the Blazers outscored the Knicks 35-11 in the fourth quarter. New York led by as many as 23 points but lost 112-103. (Portland is on an unexpected winning streak after a series of injuries and future-focused trades stripped the roster of most of its prominent players.)

The Knicks lost 127-123 to the Oklahoma City Thunder in overtime at home on Monday, despite having a double-digit lead in the third quarter. (The Thunder entered the game having lost 17 of 21 games and were without Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Lu Dort.)

The Nets were down 28 at MSG before storming back with a barrage of buckets from rookie Cam Thomas. New York was outscored 38-19 in the fourth quarter on national television. (Brooklyn was without Kevin Durant, Ben Simmons, Kyrie Irving and Joe Harris.)

Before the blunder in the battle of the boroughs, New York had another meltdown on national television: On Feb. 5, it blew a 21-point lead on the road against the Los Angeles Lakers. The Knicks enter the All-Star break with a record of 25-34, having lost seven of their last eight games and 13 of their last 16. They are 12th in the East, 3.5 games behind the Atlanta Hawks for the final play-in spot.

New York overachieved in Thibodeau's first regular season, but the honeymoon is over and the team has lost its identity. To merely qualify for the play-in, the Knicks will need to go on a tear -- and get a bit lucky -- after the break.

Seems unlikely, I know. But hey, maybe they'll look better when R.J. Barrett and Derrick Rose are back in the lineup.

Then again, after being thoroughly outclassed in the first round last year, maybe all these awful losses aren't the worst thing for the future of the franchise. Maybe, in the big picture, it is better that Thibodeau hasn't managed to wring a winning record out of this roster. This way, the Knicks know how far away they are.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22823 on: February 17, 2022, 08:45:11 PM »

Heh

Rose ain't coming back.

elephant

• View Profile
Re: And Furthermore [by James Herbert]
« Reply #22824 on: February 17, 2022, 08:53:38 PM »

Then again, after being thoroughly outclassed in the first round last year, maybe all these awful losses aren't the worst thing for the future of the franchise. Maybe, in the big picture, it is better that Thibodeau hasn't managed to wring a winning record out of this roster. This way, the Knicks know how far away they are.

Well, I'd be interested in the thoughts of others on this.

Cuz unlike bad Knicks teams in recent years, I feel like we've got real talent. That we should be a competitive playoff team. Not a championship team, okay, obviously, but competitive with a good, winning record.

And we ain't. So what's the issue?

Does everyone else think it's actually the personnel?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22825 on: February 17, 2022, 09:27:54 PM »

I wouldnt imagine Thibs speaks to this team in a manner that is confidence boosting

But who would ever say anything  about it

We seem like a team that is just hesitant enough to lose.  I agree with Thibs from the other day - that in this league the difference between winning and losing a single game is very smalll.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22826 on: February 17, 2022, 09:43:06 PM »

I do absolutely side with Thibs - that a deal should have been made - and I will add that he should have been consulted on Reddish.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22827 on: February 17, 2022, 10:08:14 PM »

We seem like a team that is just hesitant enough to lose.  I agree with Thibs from the other day - that in this league the difference between winning and losing a single game is very smalll.

Well, if the difference between winning and losing is so small, his bosses might say it begs the question:

Then why can't you make such a small difference?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22828 on: February 17, 2022, 10:22:34 PM »

I think the "bosses" are firmly behind Thibs.  The "some in the organization" chatter is just press selling copy.

Thibs will sour on us before we on him, I think.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22829 on: February 17, 2022, 10:33:25 PM »

I suppose Thibs' comments just rubbed me the wrong way.

Of course, the difference in winning and losing in the NBA can be small.

But that's not an excuse or an explanation
Pages: 1 ... 1520 1521 [1522] 1523 1524 ... 1852