Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1604 1605 [1606] 1607 1608 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145351 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24075 on: June 30, 2022, 06:28:54 PM »

another "small" signing:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/30/knicks-add-isaiah-hartenstein-in-2022-nba-free-agency/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I like this one too...

Oh SMACK. 

We nailed Hartenstein? 

Excellent

Now let's re-up Mitchell and move forward
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 06:30:41 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24076 on: June 30, 2022, 06:40:09 PM »

I like the Hartenstein pick up a lot, if that happens.

I will say this for Rose, he seems to get the guys he targets as opposed to previous bosses who would faithfully stack chips then at the end of the day get left holding the bag. We will see how it works on the court, but our recruiting engine seems to be working just fine.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24077 on: June 30, 2022, 06:49:33 PM »

Hartenstein Sims
Randle Toppin Gibson
Reddish Fournier
Barrett Grimes Keels
Brunson IQ Rose McBride

Room for Mitch who we can exceed the cap to sign. Obi needs to work on covering wings in this roster if he wants a role worthy of his talent.

chipstern

• View Profile
Going Forward
« Reply #24078 on: June 30, 2022, 06:51:03 PM »

I like the Hartenstein pick up a lot, if that happens.

I will say this for Rose, he seems to get the guys he targets as opposed to previous bosses who would faithfully stack chips then at the end of the day get left holding the bag. We will see how it works on the court, but our recruiting engine seems to be working just fine.

Assuming Mitchell signs on the bottom line?

FIFTEEN KNICKS GOING FORWARD

C: Robinson, Hartenstein, Sims

PF: Randle, Toppin, Gibson

SF-SG: Barrett, Reddish, Fournier, Grimes, Keels

PG-SG: Brunson, Quickley, Rose, McBride

The East Is TOUGH AS A MOTHERFUCKER For 2022-2023. 

It will be a daunting challenge to make the Top Six, let alone the 7-10 play in. 

But Rose's Knicks have apparently made a smart calculated reboot, cleaning up many of the faux pas of last summer.  Will miss Burks.  But now, thanks for everything, expect him to light us up when Detroit comes into the Garden, but he is no longer standing in the way of Reddish, Grimes or Quickley. 

Brunson wanted to be the bell cow, the Lead DAWG?

Bring it, Jalen. 

PS: NOW comes the challenge of THIBS finding minutes for everyone, especially Obi & Cam, IQ & Grimes. McBride & Sims would appear to be bringing up the rear of the depth chart.  WE SHALL SEE.  A Nice Problem To Have.  A lot of young, hungry pups. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Brunson
« Reply #24079 on: June 30, 2022, 06:55:52 PM »

Post has the Knicks signing Brunson 4 x 104 million, while the Athletic has Hartenstein at 2 x 16.7 million. 

Guaranteed Money. 

Brunson at $26 Million per, is basically commensurate with Julius money. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwihle
« Reply #24080 on: June 30, 2022, 07:33:46 PM »

The Nyets
ARE
UTTERLY FUCKED

I mean, again, be careful what you wish for. 

All those unprotected #1 picks they owe the Rockets for James Harden. 

They paid Kevin Durant a fortune to sit out an entire year and recuperate, logging 90 games out of a possible 246 over three seasons. 

They paid Kyrie Irving a fortune to be a part time player, logging 103 appearances out of a possible 246 over three seasons. 

They traded James Harden, who played 80 games over parts of two seasons, for the enigmatic Ben Simmons, who has played ZERO FUCKING GAMES for the Nyets.   

They amused the living piss out of LesterDawg. 

Meanwhile, Kevin Durant's former team, the Golden State Warriors, have won another championship.

Meanwhile, Harden has apparently [APPARENTLY] been very diligent about his offseason conditioning in anticipation of 2022-2023.  And has reportedly [REPORTEDLY] worked cooperatively with Sixers VP Daryl Morey on his new contract re-up to allow the Sixers some financial flex moving forward, at the same time as Durant and Irving ARE NUKING THE NYETS, who have given them everything they asked for

PS: Brunson for 4 x $104,000,000?  Portland just reupped 23 year old Anfernee Simmons, like Jalen, a competitive up and coming talent, to a 4 x $100,000,000 extension.  So could it be that what the Knicks offered Jalen was not overpaying, but the going price for wrapping up young talent?  Dallas made it clear, numerous times, that there was a ceiling on what they were prepared to offer Brunson.  Their opening offer was 4 x $55,000,000. 

PPS: Mo Bamba re-ups for 2 x $10 million with the Magic.  Tyus Jones 2 x $30 miilion with Grizz.   Our homie Bobby Portis 4 x $49 million with the Bucks.  Nicholas Batum, 2 x 22 million with the Clippers.  Joe Ingles, 1 x 6.5 million with the Bucks. 

PPPS: Otherwise, PJ Tucker to the Sixers.  DeAndre Jordan to the Nuggets.  Malik Monk 2 x $20 Million to the Kings.  Oladipo 1 x $11 million with the Heat.  Bradley Beal a max 5 x $251 million mega deal with the Wizards.  Devin Booker a 4 x $214 miilion supermax extension with the Suns.  Nikola Jokic with the largest deal in NBA HISTORY, a 5 x $264 million extension with the Nuggets. 

PPPPS: Saw something to the effect that some Mavs source was wondering out loud as to HOW IS THIS NOT TAMPERING?  Interesting question.  Good luck taking that path, guys.  You consistently low-balled Jalen, and he bet on himself.  Que sera.

PPPPPS: Considering some of the money being tossed around, Knicks got off easy. 

PPPPPPS: Considering Kevin Durant is due a guaranteed $44, $47, $51, $54 million through 2025-2026, good luck getting back equal value.  Hell, any value.  DeAndre Ayton on a max from the Suns?  Chuckle. 

PPPPPPPS: Boy oh boy did the Knicks ever dodge a bullet when Durant & Irving dissed them.  BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 07:38:16 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Bankshot Alert
« Reply #24081 on: June 30, 2022, 08:07:36 PM »

Apparently Gallinari is not remaining with San Antonio vis a vis the trade with Atlanta. 

Word is he is weighing offers from the Bulls & Celtics. 

I suspect that they Celtics are a much better fit, chemistry wise. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Guess What?
« Reply #24082 on: June 30, 2022, 09:35:25 PM »

Kevin Knox, 2 x $6 million, PISTONS. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24083 on: June 30, 2022, 09:44:35 PM »

Saw that. Good pick up. He was the best postseason shooter on the Hawks last year. He has almost grown into his body.

The Pels should get on the phone to Brooklyn about KD.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24084 on: June 30, 2022, 09:54:08 PM »

Saw that. Good pick up. He was the best postseason shooter on the Hawks last year. He has almost grown into his body.

The Pels should get on the phone to Brooklyn about KD.

WHY?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24085 on: June 30, 2022, 10:11:24 PM »

They have the pieces, but none are KD. It is usually beneficial to consolidate talent in the NBA.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: So what?
« Reply #24086 on: June 30, 2022, 10:21:36 PM »

And screwed with Kyrie, off and on when the fancy strikes him one way or another.

When we get Brunson, Nets still even or better than Knicks.  Maybe much better.  We'll see.

But not because of Kyrie.

Hey Chams, u still feel that way?

Like Chip said:

The Nyets
ARE
UTTERLY FUCKED

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24087 on: June 30, 2022, 10:22:26 PM »

I hope we have a standing offer of Jules, Evan, and a couple of other peoples protected firsts for KD.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Really?
« Reply #24088 on: June 30, 2022, 10:25:08 PM »

I hope we have a standing offer of Jules, Evan, and a couple of other peoples protected firsts for KD.

Not so sure, Fac.

How long before KD also bails on us?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24089 on: June 30, 2022, 10:50:07 PM »

So the draft worked pretty well after all.

And given that I've moaned a hundred times last year about the Knicks needing a point guard, I am happy about this move, and really intrigued by what will emerge.

O and the agony of the Nets just makes everything sweeter.

Now if Durant just ends up out west, I'm set.
Pages: 1 ... 1604 1605 [1606] 1607 1608 ... 1861