Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145937 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24195 on: July 09, 2022, 01:39:47 AM »

Happy to never have to watch McClung except in summer league.

Torched Deuce.

All.  Night.   Long.   

Mac one of the better Warriors tonight

Moody, along with Grimes, best players on the floor.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24196 on: July 09, 2022, 01:24:16 PM »

His three point shooting saved him from an embarrassingly crap outing, which made him among the best of a fairly crappy Warriors group yesterday.

He may still be in the running for a two-way contract somewhere, but no team has felt compelled by his talent to secure his services so far.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24197 on: July 09, 2022, 01:49:03 PM »

His three point shooting saved him from an embarrassingly crap outing, which made him among the best of a fairly crappy Warriors group yesterday.

He may still be in the running for a two-way contract somewhere, but no team has felt compelled by his talent to secure his services so far.

Looked pretty good to me, Kiid's obligatory drive by pisstake on Deuce notwithstanding.  He's a gritty grinder. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Youth IS BEING Served
« Reply #24198 on: July 09, 2022, 02:34:21 PM »

Well, that was fun. 

Good to see the puppies playing with such defensive tenacity.  Feron Hunt had 7 steals.  Trevor Keels had 4 steals. 

McBride & Grimes ran hot and cold on their treys, but worth noting that they had 7 & 8 assists respectively.  They stayed aggressive, even when the fruit wasn't falling.  And they DEFENDED. 

FERON HUNT played like someone who is going to push RJ and Cam come training camp.  Great hops and pace.  Long and energetic and FAST. 

QUENTIN GRIMES played like someone who is going to push Evan Fournier [not to mention IQ] for floor time, and vicea versa, with 24-4-8 and two steals.  I was cheered to see his energy, his defensive focus and a commitment to being a facilitator. 

JERICHO SIMS played like someone who is going to get some of the dearly departed Taj Gibson's minutes, not to mention those of Robinson & Hartenstein.  6 X 3 = 18 fouls to give. 

Those who are farting on ROSE and Company for not reeeling in generational free agents, can kiss me where I twist and I don't mean my wrist. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

Anyone taking note of what is happenning with the A+ Level Talents?  THEY ARE REUPPING FOR MegaBucks: Lillard, Beal, Garland, LaVine...no need to go on.   Rose & Company targeted atainable free agents, UNRESTRICTED Free Agents, nailed two who were quite dear to their clubs [Mavericks & Clippers], having made significant strides forward in 2021-2022, and reupped our own UFA, MITCHELL ROBINSON, who also made significant strides in 2021-2022, mostly in terms of conditioning and focus and durability...an offensive game would be nice, but no sense being greedy.  Rudy Gobert is not a big time offensive threat, and the T-Wolves just gave away the farm to sign him. 

Rose & Company were creative in their juggling of draft picks and 2022-2023 ending contracts, to erase the veteran over-reach/rewards for our 2020-2021 winning season. 

AND NOW, Thibs Doesn't Play Kids? 

Well, fuck me, his third year in, TT is going to war with a YOUNG TEAM, A VERY YOUNG Team, with Derrick Rose [33], Evan Fournier [29], Julius Randle [27] AND Jalen Brunson [26] as his vets, Walker, Noel, Burks and Gibson having gone bye bye.  No weeping for Kemba, but I know it hurt Thibs to say goodbye to Burks, Gibson and Noel, but all of those 2 + 1 contracts signified that these cats were PLACE HOLDERS, and we now see a changing of the guard, vis a vis Burks = Grimes, Gibson = Sims, Noel = Hartenstein. 

Waiving Taj opens up space for Sims & Toppin, and possibly for cap space to snatch up another veteran or something tasty that falls off the waiver wire, or simply to affprd our two-ways of roster space.  OR TO ENTERTAIN THAT MEGA TRADE the blogosphere longs for, though I do not see the Knicks obliging Danny Ainge with a Wolves level deal, nor do I think Ainge is all that chuffed about our talent, at least not on the level of giving us Donovan Mitchell. 

So...what have we got?

C: Robinson [24], Hartenstein [24], Sims [23]

PF: Randle [27], Toppin [24]

SF: Barrett [22], Reddish [22], Hunt [23]

SG: Fournier [29], Grimes [22], Quickley [23], Keels [18]

PG: Brunson [26], Rose [33], McBride [21]

That's FIFTEEN Right There, assuming we do not stash both of our two-ways [Hunt & Keels] in Westchester, and rope in a vet such as Carmelo, which actually might make some sense in terms of evolving the games of Barrett & Reddish, but Hunt sure looked to be making a statement last night.  YES YES, it's only summer league.  Still, besides Julius, Cam, Obi and IQ, Coach Thibs [plus Dolan & Rose] was courtside last night: think he took notice of a 6'8" UberWing with 17-3-2 and SEVEN Steals in 29 minutes?  Think 6'8" UberWing CAM REDDISH took notice?   
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 03:35:18 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24199 on: July 09, 2022, 02:49:32 PM »

Had a couple of key drives and excellent court vision as well.  Deuce literally bounced back off Mac with McClung then hitting short banked runner.

Muscled.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24200 on: July 09, 2022, 02:51:24 PM »

I like Chips depth chart.  Finally some accuracy

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24201 on: July 09, 2022, 02:54:24 PM »

Shooting from respectable distance and from the stripe are issues for Hunt, but with everything else he brings, he may still be a net positive even at the NBA level at least in the regular season.

We will have a lot of flexibility with two open roster spots once the announced deals get finalized. Once we are sorted with Detroit, the other dominoes should fall into place.

I think most folks still expect a major trade or two in the league. That means a guy or two moved to balance salaries will get waived and become available to sign.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24202 on: July 09, 2022, 03:01:51 PM »

Hunt is an athlete no doubt.  Was leaking out.  Can't always get away with that.

Not real sure he fits with our 15 in any way.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24203 on: July 09, 2022, 03:15:40 PM »

Finishing, live handle, passing and defense are all strong skills. He hustles and reads the floor well. I have no problem keeping him on the two way and seeing how he develops. He is a good guy for rotation players to work against even if he never makes our rotation.

I heard Fournier has accepted and looks forward to his bench role this season. I do not know if that means Grimes or Reddish is likely to start ahead of him.

chipstern

• View Profile
Warriors Sitting Pretty
« Reply #24204 on: July 09, 2022, 03:29:08 PM »

Warriors took some hits in free agency. 

Gary Payton, Jr. 

That hurt. 

But lo and behold, they've got MOSES MOODY [20].

They lost Otto Porter.

That hurt.

But lo and behold, they've got JONATHAN KUMINGA [19].

They lost Nemanja Bjelica.

But lo and behold, they've got JAMES WISEMAN[20]. 

They lost Juan-Toscano Anderson.

But lo and behold, they just signed all purpose ex-Villinova shooting guard, the stalwart Donte DiVincenzo [25], who also boards and distributes.

They drafted big SF-PF Patrick Baldwin Jr [19], who fell in their laps at #28, with the Warriors having the luxury of slowly nurturing him into their system, behind the likes of Draymond Green, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Looney and Jonathan Kuminga. 

They re-upped all purpose big Kevon Looney [26]. 

The 6'7" Andrew Wiggins [27] is in the last year of his contract at $33 million, coming off of a breakthrough year and playoff run. 

The 6'4" Jordan Poole [23] is a shooting guard who boards, defends, facilitates, and gets to the line, having converted at an astounding .925% clip [246-266]. 

I have read where the Nyets have hit the Warriors up for Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, James Wiseman, Jonathan Kuminga and [AND!] draft capital in exchange for Kevin Durant. 

Dream ON, Brooklyn
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 03:40:55 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Fournier
« Reply #24205 on: July 09, 2022, 04:12:24 PM »

Finishing, live handle, passing and defense are all strong skills. He hustles and reads the floor well. I have no problem keeping him on the two way and seeing how he develops. He is a good guy for rotation players to work against even if he never makes our rotation.

I heard Fournier has accepted and looks forward to his bench role this season. I do not know if that means Grimes or Reddish is likely to start ahead of him.

Fournier is a high character cat.  He never ducked out of the harsh glare of the spotlight when his play was so up and down the first 2/3 of the season.  He took his lumps and owned up to his faux pas when he was not delivering. 

Fournier AND Julius were both casualties of the Kemba Walker experiment, and of Rose going down. 

Julius had significant chemistry with Reggie Bullock AND Elfrid Payton, and missing both of them, while Kemba's style, irrespective of his physical handicaps, really put the kibosh on Fournier's initial fit, while RJ and Julius struggled, up and down, up and down, as Kemba's ball dominant style often took the ball out of Barrett and Randle's hands...not that Thibs' offense, as stodgy as it was early on, made the fit any better. 

Then of course, when Kemba went into exile, and ROSE in turn WENT DOWN, well, game-set-match.  Burks was a gamer, and a real pro, but he was not a primary facilitator by any stretch of the imagination, and while IQ showed a real feel for being the bell cow after the all-star break, he too struggled with his role, inconsistent minutes and a shooting slump the first 2/3 of the season, as he was seemingly betwixt and between in terms of getting into rhythm, let alone with spotty minutes...am I a faciltator or a scoring combo, and like Toppin, looking over his shoulder for the THIBS HOOK. 

I remember the Fournier of the French Olympic Team, and he was a formidable presence. 

Evan is currently at work with the French National Team, and with a transitional year behind him, I would expect him to return to the 2022-23 Knicks with his head on straight, a clearer idea of his role, and some fire in his belly, whether or not he is a sixth man or on the front line...where Grimes trumps him is on defense, and Thibs is going to want a strong defensive presence next to Brunson. 

NOT MANY PLAYERS WANT TO BE KNICKS, or play in the media/arena cauldron that is NY.  But Fournier did, Fournier DOES.

Given Brunson's court presence and leadership, I would expect that Fournier, Barrett and Randle, with more defined roles, and more scaled back responsibilities as facilitators, to step up, coming out of the gate more focused and aggressive, as they develop a more tangible, attainable chemistry. 

I would also expect Rose, a healthy, motivated [$14 million motivated in the second year of his own 2+ 1 contract] Rose, to exert a significant influence on Brunson, Quickley and McBride, let alone on a second unit, which as per Facil, could be comprised of Rose/Quickley, Fournier/Quickley, Reddish, Toppin and Hartenstein.  I would expect the Knicks to manage Rose's minutes more carefully, while gradually down-shifting his role, to bring along IQ both on and off the ball. 

Anyway, the East is going to be rough as a motherfucker. 

The first tier of  Philly, Milwaukee, Boston, Miami have all gotten better.  God knows how the Nyets are going to shake out, but if Durant, Irving and Simmons are all out there on opening night, they are surely in the top tier mix. 

Atlanta, Chicago and Toronto have excellent talent and chemistry in the second tier. 

THAT MAKES EIGHT TEAMS IN OUR WAY RIGHT THERE. 

The Knicks, Wizards and Hornets will be nipping at the Second Tier's heels, while we don't want to sleep on Orlando, Detroit and Indiana, who have all added significant talent. 

So, while I am not unduly given to POSITIVE PUSSYHOOD, we have a deep, young team, with a year of collective experience and bonding through hardship under their belt, young talent on the rise with a pair of #1 picks in the summer of 2023, possibly even 3 or 4. 

So we are poised to grow, poised to make moves. 

We set realistic targets in the 2022-2023 off season, attained them, and look to make progress. 

How much progress? 

Well, let's see if Brunson-Barrett-Randle comprise a BIG THREE or __________________. 

Stay tuned. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 04:22:25 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Cam On The Half Shell
« Reply #24206 on: July 09, 2022, 06:51:31 PM »

According to IAN BEGLEY, the Knicks and Heat have had conversations about Cam Reddish. 

Fuck me. 

Reddish would blossom in that culture. 

What is Thibs thinking?  Why does he have such a hard on for Reddish? 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24207 on: July 09, 2022, 09:20:16 PM »

When I hear the Knicks are in talks, I think of World Wide Wes not Thibs. I do not see the Heat having anything in the Cam salary range we would want.

Detroit needs to get off its ass and file some paperwork already.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24208 on: July 09, 2022, 09:21:43 PM »

Yeah

Nice try.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Warriors Sitting Pretty
« Reply #24209 on: July 09, 2022, 09:27:15 PM »

Warriors took some hits in free agency. 

Gary Payton, Jr. 

That hurt. 

But lo and behold, they've got MOSES MOODY [20].

They lost Otto Porter.

That hurt.

But lo and behold, they've got JONATHAN KUMINGA [19].

They lost Nemanja Bjelica.

But lo and behold, they've got JAMES WISEMAN[20]. 

They lost Juan-Toscano Anderson.

But lo and behold, they just signed all purpose ex-Villinova shooting guard, the stalwart Donte DiVincenzo [25], who also boards and distributes.

They drafted big SF-PF Patrick Baldwin Jr [19], who fell in their laps at #28, with the Warriors having the luxury of slowly nurturing him into their system, behind the likes of Draymond Green, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Looney and Jonathan Kuminga. 

They re-upped all purpose big Kevon Looney [26]. 

The 6'7" Andrew Wiggins [27] is in the last year of his contract at $33 million, coming off of a breakthrough year and playoff run. 

The 6'4" Jordan Poole [23] is a shooting guard who boards, defends, facilitates, and gets to the line, having converted at an astounding .925% clip [246-266]. 

I have read where the Nyets have hit the Warriors up for Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, James Wiseman, Jonathan Kuminga and [AND!] draft capital in exchange for Kevin Durant. 

Dream ON, Brooklyn.

The teams are requesting offers.

Nets just stating the cost.  Not really a negotiation.

Someone will say yes or Nets will be quite good.
Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 1861