Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1652 1653 [1654] 1655 1656 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1063076 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24795 on: September 02, 2022, 10:50:41 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24796 on: September 02, 2022, 01:07:30 PM »

Crazy to trade Randle (at least the above trade), especially after how the Mitchell thing played out. Let me count the ways.

[1] You realize we have to score points, right? Like there will be games. And we're suppose to win our share.

[2] Randle is our best player.

[3] Brunson! Julius' worse came from when he was running the team. He's no longer running the team. Let's see how the experiment pans out.

[4] The entertainment value of the "Randle Redemption Tour" should be entertaining.

[5] Even if you want to trade him, you'll never get less value than trading him now.

Thank you.

That trade is beyond the pale

Agree.

Let Randle float back upstream with Brunson as his rudder.

PS: Fuck Hayward AND Oubre.  Seriously?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:09:10 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24797 on: September 02, 2022, 02:15:58 PM »

Fournier is our Hayward.   We should (and might) ask him to do more.

I guess Reddish is potentially our Oubre.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24798 on: September 02, 2022, 03:42:40 PM »

Kid does not watch basketball.

I hope Randle puts his focus on sprinting to D and nailing his rotations, while moving off the ball and setting screens on O, and having plan A and B before the catch. I hope he takes any role presented to him as an opportunity not a insult.

If this happens he could be really good for us.

If I am gameplanning against the Knicks a point of emphasis will be getting into Randles head. If that never works, Jules will put himself back on top. Once the head gets exposed, I worry about it as much as knees and feet.

Fournier is our Hubert Davis, fine for what he his. We are overpaying him and last year we overplayed him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #24799 on: September 02, 2022, 03:59:16 PM »

It would be one or two Lakers picks coming in with Randle/Fournier maybe Cam going out.

You want scoring Elephant?  We got this OBI kid....

You want to be a player in free agency? Just wait one year.

That is why.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #24800 on: September 02, 2022, 04:00:15 PM »

Kid does not watch basketball.

I hope Randle puts his focus on sprinting to D and nailing his rotations, while moving off the ball and setting screens on O, and having plan A and B before the catch. I hope he takes any role presented to him as an opportunity not a insult.

If this happens he could be really good for us.

If I am gameplanning against the Knicks a point of emphasis will be getting into Randles head. If that never works, Jules will put himself back on top. Once the head gets exposed, I worry about it as much as knees and feet.

Fournier is our Hubert Davis, fine for what he his. We are overpaying him and last year we overplayed him.

You have to be a black belt optimist to this Randle will be good.

I'll have what you're smoking.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24801 on: September 02, 2022, 06:12:45 PM »

I do not think this is going to happen. I think it is for more likely he will suck, and sulk, and still soak up minutes. He is the only guy on the roster I have those concerns about.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24802 on: September 02, 2022, 06:34:38 PM »

Julius already knows his role - and yes, accepts it.

As for yor need to see JR sprint back on every possession - get a clue.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24803 on: September 02, 2022, 07:15:53 PM »

It would be one or two Lakers picks coming in with Randle/Fournier maybe Cam going out.

You want scoring Elephant?  We got this OBI kid....

You want to be a player in free agency? Just wait one year.

That is why.

Yeah, Obi was the strongest argument to my assertions.

As for next year's free agency....I'm skeptical.

We're always talking about next year's free agency. The shit is getting old.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24804 on: September 02, 2022, 07:18:08 PM »

Julius has averaged 5 three point attempts per contest in 3 Knicks seasons (207 games)

Where would you like to see this number?

How about total shots (17 per)?  Should we see less for the team to be effective?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24805 on: September 02, 2022, 07:27:58 PM »

We rocked out to the tune of a minor score in this years free agency, even considering the extension bag we gave RJ.

Jalen and Zeke are ballers we can win with.

Jules getting 14-15 shots and about 3 bookable assists either as a starter or off the bench would be ideal this year. He can do that in just below 30 minutes and stay fresh if we keep him.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Eastern Conference...YIKES
« Reply #24806 on: September 03, 2022, 12:23:41 AM »

ATLANTIC

Boston
Brooklyn
New York
Philidelphia
Toronto

CENTRAL

Chicago
Cleveland
Detroit
Indiana
Milwaukee

SOUTHEAST

Atlanta
Charlotte
Miami
Orlando
Washington

Reality?

Yet another transitional season.

A playoff team?

The Positive Pussy in me says...NEXT QUESTION. 

A playin team?

The Positive Pussy in me says...TOUGH.

Top Tier

Milwauke
Boston
Philidelphia
Brooklyn
Miami
Atlanta
Cleveland
Toronto

Second Tier

Chicago
New York
Charlotte
Washington
Indiana
Orlando
Detroit

All of the teams in the play in tier got better, including the Knicks. 

However, we have a LONG ROAD TO HOE. 

We can be a competitive team.

Can we be a winning team?

Fuck Donovan Mitchell.  The notion that his addition, particularly at the price we'd have had to pay, would make us a playoff team is a stretch.  The Knicks have opted to remain patient with the process. 

How patient will the fans be? 

Leon has basically proferred Thibs a Fate Accompli by removing his VETERAN's FALLBACK.

Gibson, Noel, Burks, Walker.  GONE. 

Our "Veterans" are basically Derrick Rose, Evan Fournier and Julius Randle. 

Thibs HAS TO figure out a way to balance our first and second units, further develop all of the puppies we did not want to give to fucking Danny Ainge, allocate minutes in a proactive manner and NOT BURN OUT OUR STARTERS. 

Bigs: Robinson, Hartenstein, Sims, Randle, Toppin
Wings: Barrett, Reddish, Fournier, Grimes [Hunt]
Guards: Brunson, Quickley, Rose, McBride [Keels]

That's [13] + A Pair Of Two-Ways

Robinson-Randle-Barrett-Grimes-Brunson

Hartenstein/Sims-Toppin-Reddish/Fournier-Quickley/Rose/McBride

That's how it shakes out to me. 

Of course, how does it shake out to Thibs? 

He simply HAS to find minutes for Obi, Cam and IQ, let alone Rose and Fournier. 

Hopefully there is an honest competition in camp. 

It is time to reduce Julius and RJ's minutes so they have gas in the tank come the fourth quarter.  Do I have faith in Thibs to do this?

That remains to be seen.  He is a good coach, but stubborn, and with a well established track record for running his lead dogs into the ground. 

Leon's Fait Accompli to Thibs is a transitional roster, largely constituted with young, developing players. 

YEARS OF SERVICE [Puppies As KNICKS]: Robinson [4], RJ [3], Obi [2], IQ [2], Grimes [1], Sims [1], McBride [1], Reddish [1]

Randle [4], Rose [2], Fournier [1]

Even our free agent additions, are works in progress. 

Brunson, just turned 26 on August 31, and entering his fifth season. 

Hartenstein, a late bloomer, is 24, and entering his fifth season.

Thibs' challenge is to keep everyone engaged, and give everyone minutes. 

Our first and second units need to be more interchangable, and while the first team starters seem fairly obvious, Thibs has to do a much better job of expanding the rotation and KEEPING EVERYONE ENGAGED. 

I don't see Thibs' job in jeopardy, given the deck he's been dealt, but the manner in which he deploys his playing cards is up for judgement. 

There is nothing to be gained, as some douche nozzles in the blogosphere have suggested, that Thibs will be gone mid-season. 

Pointless.  What's to be gained?  Thibs is NOT a manifestly jive leader like Fizdale, Hornacek or Fisher.  Mike Miller was a good transitional figure placed in a tough position, but not a long term option. 

Fire Thibs in mid-season.  Moronic.  Revisit his status in the Spring/Summer of 2023? 

Absolutely.  He is on the clock. 

Thibs has minimally, established a culture.  And the Knicks have evolved a process, surely not quickly or dramatically enough for some.  But have been reasonable prudent and patient.  Be curious to see what deals they seek to execute moving forward. 

MOVING FORWARD?

The most critical evolutionary piece in the equation is Tom Thibodeau. 

Can this old dog learn any new tricks.  Least ways, can he evolve a more variable offense to revolve around Brunson, allowing RJ and Julius to be more efficient.  AND CAN HE EVOLVE HIS APPROACH TO PRECLUDE LEAD DOG BURN OUT AND ADVANCE THE CORE OF YOUNG TALENT Rose-Aller-Perry-Perrin WERE RETICENT TO SURRENDER IN THE PURSUIT OF THE ELUSIVE SHINY OBJECT. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 12:27:09 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwhile...
« Reply #24807 on: September 03, 2022, 12:40:11 AM »

Gallinari has a ruptured ACL. 

Same one he injured in 2013. 

Damn shame.  Thought him and his game were a terrific match for the Celtics.  MF can't catch a break, unless it's one of his legs. 

Lonzo Ball.

Many of us were keen to sign him up in the summer of 2021.  We passed for some reason. 

Thought he was a really nice match for the Bulls. 

Alas, his recovery from a knee injury is not advancing as Chicaco would've hoped.  Not looking hopeful to be ready by opening night. 

PS: Please don't trade Cam to the Lakers, Leon

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24808 on: September 03, 2022, 12:45:29 AM »

Celtics probably should see if Danny can part with a big. They are a little thin up front. Do they have a future to mortgage?

As for us, this roster is better built to do Thibs things, high PnR, playmaking out of short rolls, corner threes, and ceaseless energetic defense than either of the last two iterations.

Health in the conference will have a lot to do with how seeding plays out.

I hope the story on us is that we have no all stars so our early opponents get caught napping and we build a good record and confidence heading into the heart of the season.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24809 on: September 03, 2022, 01:10:06 AM »

Celtics probably should see if Danny can part with a big. They are a little thin up front. Do they have a future to mortgage?

As for us, this roster is better built to do Thibs things, high PnR, playmaking out of short rolls, corner threes, and ceaseless energetic defense than either of the last two iterations.

Health in the conference will have a lot to do with how seeding plays out.

I hope the story on us is that we have no all stars so our early opponents get caught napping and we build a good record and confidence heading into the heart of the season.

Knick On Wood

I'm hoping Julius surprises us all. 

Not like he doesn't know he is ON THE CLOCK. 

That's on Thibs as well.  Figuring out how to best deploy him, accentuate his strengths, disguise his weaknesses. 

I am looking forward to the competion between Fournier, Reddish for minutes at the 3 & 2 behind RJ and Grimes.  And for how IQ and Rose [and McBride?] engage behind Brunson for second unit PG minutes.  Thibs will want to lean on Rose, but last times he did that, ended up injured.  IQ has earned a long look at PG behind Brunson.  And at SG behind Grimes, Fournier, and Reddish. 

PS: Again, I have a soft spot for Cam.  A genuine 6'8" with a big wingspan; can get to the rack, convert FTs at a 90% clip, and play D.  If he can develop consistency on his three, and change the perception that he kind of lollygags because of his talent, well, we don't have anyone on the team quite like him.   
Pages: 1 ... 1652 1653 [1654] 1655 1656 ... 1852