Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 ... 1853

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1080917 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25185 on: October 20, 2022, 12:01:52 PM »

BTW, surprised that Lester hasn't weighed in on the great matchup between Zion and Ben Simmons last night.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25186 on: October 20, 2022, 12:12:03 PM »

Any time I'm tempted to talk Ben I just watch this again instead... https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1519159904208134150
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25187 on: October 20, 2022, 12:16:01 PM »

Year four. Time is up. He better bring it, now, or bench it, or we are gonna hurt.

Extension is done.  He's ours for a while.  This game - and this type of team, makes it so Barrett could very well look real good in Game 2 or 3.

But still....

"Net loss player"

Well said, Les.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25188 on: October 20, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »

BTW, surprised that Lester hasn't weighed in on the great matchup between Zion and Ben Simmons last night.

The alarming stat on Simmons was just 23 minutes.  And this with Curry and Harris down.

Cut him in fantasy after Game 1?

heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25189 on: October 20, 2022, 12:22:23 PM »

I was not worried about the preseason performance of Reddish. He picked up where he was before he had to check out last season. We may regret not having extended him up front

Could be.

Is he more valuable at the deadline as an ending deal? That may help.

Cam's an insane athlete.  We have to accept his bad (occasinal bad decision, shot, turnover or D rotation) to get to his good.  Up to Thibs how many minutes this is for

He's FUN CAM.

chipstern

• View Profile
Aarff Barf
« Reply #25190 on: October 20, 2022, 01:04:59 PM »

Hysterical Idiot

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Aarff Barf
« Reply #25191 on: October 20, 2022, 03:17:16 PM »

Hysterical Idiot

One Game

And A Dawg Phatwah

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25192 on: October 20, 2022, 04:16:41 PM »

I do not think we can do well playing RJ and Fournier together for significant stretches this season as neither has the pop prevalent in today
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25193 on: October 20, 2022, 04:44:03 PM »

I do not think we can do well playing RJ and Fournier together for significant stretches this season as neither has the pop prevalent in today

I've always thought the same with RJ and Julius. Not sure about the "pop" quality, just that they don't seem to blend well together.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 04:48:08 PM by elephant »

chipstern

• View Profile
Thanksgiving
« Reply #25194 on: October 20, 2022, 05:01:00 PM »

I've always thought the same with RJ and Julius. Not sure about the "pop" quality, just that they don't seem to blend well together.

Rather a broad generalization, don't you think? 

Let's revisit all of these assumptions and presumptions come Thanksgiving, when we have a reasonable sample of games

I mean, it was, and remains, a widely held opinion that Julius is an overpaid, overrated, ball stopping assclown, and we'd have been better off trading him for a handful of magic beans and giving the keys to the car to Obi. 

ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION. 

I love, Obi, but last night Julius meshed well with Jalen, scoring, boarding, distributing, and playing with force, focus and a purposeful degree of patience and calm which bodes well for a bounceback year. 

Hartenstein, Reddish, Randle and Brunson stepped up.  Fournier played okay,  Mitchell and RJ seemingly had the opening night jitters.  IQ and Obi need some face time with Rose.  They both struggled to get on track at the beginning of last season as well.  As did RJ, though preseason gave one an exalted set of expectations. 

Again, let's let our Knicks get their feet wet and some experience playing with each other and under combat condiditons. 

« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 05:05:05 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25195 on: October 20, 2022, 05:34:47 PM »

There was a time last night when I couldnt help thinking how we would look without Barrett.  Not even with Donovan.  Offense would be pretty interesting

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25196 on: October 20, 2022, 05:36:29 PM »

I mean, it was, and remains, a widely held opinion that Julius is an overpaid, overrated, ball stopping assclown, and we would have been better off trading him for a handful of magic beans and giving the keys to the car to Obi.

Yeah

They call this the DUMBASS take.

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #25197 on: October 20, 2022, 06:20:10 PM »

Let's revisit all of these assumptions and presumptions come Thanksgiving, when we have a reasonable sample of games

I mean, it was, and remains, a widely held opinion that Julius is an overpaid, overrated, ball stopping assclown, and we'd have been better off trading him for a handful of magic beans and giving the keys to the car to Obi. 

ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION. 

I love, Obi, but last night Julius meshed well with Jalen, scoring, boarding, distributing, and playing with force, focus and a purposeful degree of patience and calm which bodes well for a bounceback year. 

Hartenstein, Reddish, Randle and Brunson stepped up.  Fournier played okay,  Mitchell and RJ seemingly had the opening night jitters.  IQ and Obi need some face time with Rose.  They both struggled to get on track at the beginning of last season as well.  As did RJ, though preseason gave one an exalted set of expectations. 

Again, let's let our Knicks get their feet wet and some experience playing with each other and under combat condiditons.

I hear you. Maybe Brunson will be the difference maker.

But I don't think I made a broad generalization. Not about talent, but style of play. Chemistry.

Did you see the opening Lakers loss to Warriors? It's not just that one team seemed more talented than the other, but that they played entirely different games. The Warriors use of space and movement is beautiful. A kind of poetry and dance. It's funny too how it generates a kind of confident but unselfish play, even among the young guys.

I know Curry is a superstar. But it just feels that they all work in concert. I mean, you're the jazz guy. It's about playing and listening, no?

I'm just not sure how fluid a starting unit with RJ and Randle could ever be. I'd be happy to be surprised.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 06:22:16 PM by elephant »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #25198 on: October 20, 2022, 06:24:56 PM »

ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION. 

I hear you. Maybe Brunson will be the difference maker.

But I don't think I made a broad generalization. Not about talent, but style of play. Chemistry.

Did you see the opening Lakers loss to Warriors? It's not just that one team seemed more talented than the other, but that they played entirely different games. The Warriors use of space and movement is beautiful. A kind of poetry and dance. It's funny too how it generates a kind of confident but unselfish play, even among the young guys.

I know Curry is a superstar. But it just feels that they all work in concert. I mean, you're the Jazz guy. It's about playing and listening, no?

I'm just not sure how fluid a starting unit with RJ and Randle could ever be. I'd be happy to be surprised.

There offensive sets are a thing of beauty. 

Obviously Curry is a stellar talent. 

But their offensive motion, ball movement and constant cutting is a thing of beauty. 

Like a great rhythm section...responsive to every chord change and modulation.  Always swinging. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25199 on: October 20, 2022, 10:12:20 PM »

Player motion is key, along with a willingness to swing and move and try to pop guys open for feeding.

As for Evan, he was instrumental in helping the Grizz find confidence in their collective three point stroke. He left guys very open to shoot. Getting contested shots hit on you is one thing, that was something else. That said he did his offense with more poise and effectiveness than RJ.

RJ plus Evan plus Randle equals too much standing around.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 ... 1853