Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1684 1685 [1686] 1687 1688 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1144694 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: THE REAL F-IN DEAL
« Reply #25275 on: October 27, 2022, 02:12:06 PM »

Jalen just would NOT let them LOSE this game.

At the game in the crowd everyone was screaming for the Knicks possessions down the stretch and OT to go through Brunson.  It's nice to have a real PG.   Randle and RJ driving to the hoop against set D and help D is not a recipe for sustained success.  Their forays maybe work 33% of the time in those instances meanwhile I have the utmost confidence in Brunson taking a shot when he gets at least one foot in the paint.  His turnaround jumper is delicious.

Understood.

HOWEVER...

Hoops is a TEAM Game, and it behooves Jalen to create shots for others, and, I mean, JR and RJ are our primary options.  Teams are going to adjust to Jalen.

The dude had 13 dimes to go with his 27 points. Given the portion of our made shots that were threes, he produced more points from his passes than his shots. I think Jalen is doing exactly what it behooves him to do.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25276 on: October 27, 2022, 04:35:59 PM »

Also interesting to note that Mitch had 2 fouls in some 37 minutes.

I'm almost certain that never happened before!

Suggests real improvement, no?

(tho not sure how many times we want Mitch on the floor for 37 minutes)

chipstern

• View Profile
Progress
« Reply #25277 on: October 27, 2022, 04:41:38 PM »

Baby Steps

But I'll take 'em. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Redemption? [Well, Progress Anyway]
« Reply #25278 on: October 27, 2022, 05:10:09 PM »

Julius is playing with joy, energy and purpose.  JALEN, our shiny new BELL COW,  making things, if not easy, EASIER for our bell cow pro temps. 

Still, what would a Knick game be without a Randle Brain Fart or two. 

Responding to an Obvious AND Uncalled Foul by laying the lumber on his transgressor on the next possession downcourt was petulant and indulgent. 

K

And as Clyde pointed out at crunch time, trying to save that ball going out of bounds instead of simply boxing out his man, was playing hard but not smart. 

K

Still, he has been playing with more pace and force.  Missed his treys last night, but only took two.  He has been bully boying his way to the paint, and creating space for that little lean away ten foot turnaround. 

Both JR & RJ were more deferential to Jalen ruddering the ship last night, so their assists totals were not as dramatic as in past games, but Julius had 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and only ONE TURNOVER.  Progress.  RJ had 4 turnovers, missed all five of his treys, clanging on midrangers and shots off the bounce, but driving hard, and hit ALL FOUR FREE THROWS, including those two at crunch time.  And had 8 boards.   

Our defense has a long ways to go, least ways, we are very much in October Mode. 

But good ball movement, not hoisting up so many damn threes [well, 11-for-30 last night counts as moderation based on last year], and hitting our foul shots [19-22]. 

Julius looks HAPPY, as thanks to Jalen, he is no longer tasked with running the offense, but being a part of the offense. 

JR & RJ have significant work to do, but they are competing and finding ways to influence winning, as Thibs preaches, even then their shots are not falling. 

JALEN IS ALLOWING EVERYONE TO EXHALE

« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 05:12:23 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Postscription
« Reply #25279 on: October 27, 2022, 05:16:19 PM »

Eric Bledsoe was arrested for domestic violence on Wednesday, just hours after reports he is signing with the Shanghai Sharks

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #25280 on: October 27, 2022, 06:26:37 PM »

Don't get me wrong, i'm very happy with Julius.  Despite the stinky brain farts.  That's just who he is.  You're never going to have a perfect game from him but he is doing just enough good things right now where we can live with the stink.   (athough is this was last season we'd have lost that game and probably blamed the hell outta Julius)

Julius and Cam to me are the same type.  They're mistake making players. But if they're helping more than hurting you can live with it.

If I have to pick some nits:
 1.  We shouldn't be giving up 122 points in regulation to that team.  I looked up at the scoreboard and the Hornets had a 50/40/90 slashline nearly all through the first quarter.  That is ridiculousness.   They had like 8 or 9 guys score in double-figures.  They were without their best offensive weapons.   Concern may be warranted.

2.  I love IQ.  My wife's favorite player.  She loves him.   But man, he's changed.  He's not calling his own number as much.  Maybe his agent told him to start looking like more of a floor general if he wants to get paid, but i can definitely sense a hesitation to shoot it as often as he used to.   This is probably a good thing long-term, but part of me is like... 'what's wrong with IQ?'   i guess it doesn't look natural yet.  He's thinking... this play I won't shoot... this play I will shoot instead of just taking what the defense gives him.  Passing up open looks isn't the IQ I know.

3.  This was my first time watching RJ in person and man is it a trip to watch him move.  He looks like he's moving slower than everyone else out there, but he's just so strong and deliberate about getting to where he is going it doesn't matter that it looks awkward ... except i can't help but wonder if this lack of fluidity will just get worse with age.  He's so different from any other player i can't compare him to anyone else.  His movements are like if you engineered a robot to play basketball.  Not necessarily a bad thing.... just not very graceful.

4. 13 minutes for MY favorite player (OBI) isn't cutting it.  He's got a smooth stroke and the whole offense doesn't grind to a halt when he needs to score.   I absolutely love having Cam and Obi on the floor at the same time.  I feel like they're a cheat code of unlimited athletic potential when they're on the floor together.  I haven't felt like we've had wings this dangerous since Sprewell was menacing PJ Carleisimo.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 06:29:52 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #25281 on: October 27, 2022, 07:00:37 PM »

I know this is a Knicks sub but what the GIANTS are doing this year just defies all logic.

The Giants are 6-1 despite allocating a whopping 32%($65.6M) of their salary cap to players who are not playing:
  • $44.8M in dead cap (Logan Ryan, Bradberry, Solder etc no longer on the team)
  • and $21.2M to Kenny Golladay who has been hurt/barely played.

chipstern

• View Profile
Evolution
« Reply #25282 on: October 27, 2022, 07:07:20 PM »

I know this is a Knicks sub but what the GIANTS are doing this year just defies all logic.

The Giants are 6-1 despite allocating a whopping 32%($65.6M) of their salary cap to players who are not playing:
  • $44.8M in dead cap (Logan Ryan, Bradberry, Solder etc no longer on the team)
  • and $21.2M to Kenny Golladay who has been hurt/barely played.

Coach Daboll has done for Daniel Jones what Jalen Brunson has done for Julius Randle. 

If the Knicks can perform like the Giants in the Fourth Quarter 66% of the time, it will be a good season. 

Giants have been great fun to watch. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25283 on: October 27, 2022, 07:30:29 PM »

Silly stuff.  Rand le works his ass off.  Not giving any of the credit to a teammate.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25284 on: October 27, 2022, 07:32:08 PM »

Sucks Giants had to deal Toney

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25285 on: October 27, 2022, 08:19:40 PM »

Sucks Giants had to deal Toney

Didn't have to.

CHOSE to. 

Some of the last vesitges of The Gettleman Regime.

Eagles took Giants wide receiver target. 

Gettleman traded down with Bears for a 2022 #1 which turned into the 2022/#7 pick, which turned into Evan Neal, taking Kayvon Thibodeaux at 2022/#5 with their own pick. 

Back to 2021, Dallas jumped on Penn State linebacker Micah Parsons right after the Bears used the Giants pick to select QB Justin Fields.  Giants selected Toney at #20. 

Tons of talent. 

[Seemingly] could not stay on the field. 

Lands with the Chiefs.  Great spot for him.  Could come back to haunt the Giants, but clearly they thought it time to move on. 

Be nice if Galladay could touch down on Planet Earth. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 08:22:49 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Here Come The Warm Jets
« Reply #25286 on: October 27, 2022, 08:28:34 PM »

Reality Check Matchups A Coming. 

Giannis tomorrow. 

Then a stretch which will also include a visit to Cleveland to face Donovan Mitchell and the Cavaliers on Sunday

Home games against the Hawks and the Celtics

An additional road contest against the Timberwolves

Knick On Wood

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #25287 on: October 27, 2022, 08:28:58 PM »

Julius is moving the ball really well.  Fournier, Reddish, and RJ all pound the rock more often.
https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?PlayerPosition=F&TeamID=1610612752&dir=D&sort=AVG_DRIB_PER_TOUCH

But when he has the ball he's still holding onto it longer than any other big/wing on the team.   
https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?PlayerPosition=F&TeamID=1610612752&dir=D&sort=AVG_SEC_PER_TOUCH

When it comes to points per touch he suffers because he is still asked to handle the ball too often (for my taste)
https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?PlayerPosition=F&TeamID=1610612752&dir=D&sort=PTS_PER_TOUCH

Cam is 6th in points per touch league-wide of those who have at least 20 touches.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 08:30:51 PM by Kam »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25288 on: October 27, 2022, 08:30:24 PM »

Julius is moving the ball really well.  Fournier, Reddish, and RJ all pound the rock more often.
https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?PlayerPosition=F&TeamID=1610612752&dir=D&sort=AVG_DRIB_PER_TOUCH

But when he has the ball he's still holding onto it longer than any other big/wing on the team.   
https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?PlayerPosition=F&TeamID=1610612752&dir=D&sort=AVG_SEC_PER_TOUCH

When it comes to points per touch he suffers because he is still asked to handle the ball too often (for my taste)
https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?PlayerPosition=F&TeamID=1610612752&dir=D&sort=PTS_PER_TOUCH

While JR is "pounding" he invariably draws double coverage, has proven adept at finding cutters and open shooters, and has the assists to prove it. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25289 on: October 27, 2022, 09:49:34 PM »

Rory Sparrow (1985)

The Love God.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1684 1685 [1686] 1687 1688 ... 1861