Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1019501 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3990 on: January 31, 2019, 11:10:23 PM »

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: The Kam(s)ter changes his mind
« Reply #3991 on: January 31, 2019, 11:11:29 PM »

Me and Enes thought you were now ok with keeping him.

What on earth gave you that idea?

I'm ok with keeping Kornet.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Dallas
« Reply #3992 on: January 31, 2019, 11:14:41 PM »

Did they just mortgage their future?  If KP signs and gets injured again that pick in 2023 could turn to Gold.

Luka and KP could become an Amazing Duo.  But even if they do...  is that enough?  Can they add more?

Merciless

• View Profile
Re: Dallas
« Reply #3993 on: January 31, 2019, 11:19:33 PM »

Did they just mortgage their future?  If KP signs and gets injured again that pick in 2023 could turn to Gold.

Luka and KP could become an Amazing Duo.  But even if they do...  is that enough?  Can they add more?

Or the mofo becomes one of the top talents in the NBA for the next 15 years and its looked back on as one of the worst trades in Knicks history

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: January 31, 2019, 11:23:51 PM »

Or the mofo becomes one of the top talents in the NBA for the next 15 years and its looked back on as one of the worst trades in Knicks history

Even if he is... they're in the West. 

KP has to leapfrog guys like Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns for All-Star honors and playoff appearances.

To say nothing of the guys who are already Winners out West.

Can Dallas add a third player and form a super team.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: January 31, 2019, 11:39:33 PM »

Wows!

Knick return:
- Smith Jr. who the team wanted to ditch, was semi-exiled for 2 weeks.
- DeAndrethe Giant, who the team complained was dogging it early season.  There was even minor talk of a buyout.
- Wes' ending contract.
Dallas with the Sell Low trade win.

Sure Tim is overpaid and so is Courtly, but it took KZ to move them?!? You move KZ and get very little back?!?
There wasn't a better deal out there?

For DAL, right now Burke is better than Smith Jr.
Wes could prove useful if you can re-sign him in the $6M-$8M range.  Need some vets and he can be a solid reasonably 2-way wing.  Otherwise it's just Trier-Datsun-Franco.
No idea on DeAtheG for NYK.

Really this whole fiasco makes me think we should have kept Noah and ditched him in this mess.  He's an extra $6M clogging up next and nextnext year.  I guess we used the roster spot well, but still ...

Those 1st round picks are a ways out.  And unless KZ gets injured, DAL should be a good team and the picks around 20 or wherever. 

Was KZ really going to risk injury and play on a $7.5M one year contract?    Doubt it muchly.  You re-sign him to a big deal with the understanding that you'll try to move him to a good team if he's unhappy with the direction of the team.  I think once he was back and it was His Team again, with the depth we have, and an added FA, and a high pick, things would have gone fine.

KZ was the FA lure.  Now you have to get a FA tandem, because nobody wants to come to play with Knox and Smith Jr.
Maybe Knix were worried KZ would get injured again.  that's all I can see possible.  Otherwise it's a complete muck up.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: January 31, 2019, 11:40:57 PM »

Harrison Barnes' time to shine ....
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: February 01, 2019, 12:02:10 AM »

Dallas also has Jalen Brunson and Dwight Powell and Maxi Kleber, all ready to play more minutes. Still, they're not even a lock for the playoffs next year (when they have their pick), but they certainly look better for the year after, when Luka's flirting with averaging a triple double and Porzingis presumably is healthy from his ACL tear.

I think:
- KP was ridiculously myopic about this, blaming this regime for Phil Jackson's insanity

- A bidding war still made sense. But not sure who else but Sacto could have given us all that cap space

- it's impossible to say if this is a good return or not. If you sign Kyrie and Durant it's the greatest Knicks trade ever, if you spend the money on max contracts for Bledsoe and an injured Boogie Cousins and DSJ never reaches so much as Dennis Schroder levels (and if Porzingis ever makes first team all-NBA) then it's one of the worst Knicks trades (there's a lot of competition there, mind). And there's all kinds of permutations in between. So it's tough to call it.

- I mean, what do you do with this: "Pick details via league memo: NYK receives next avail DAL 1st-rounder unprotected. Depending on when that happens, NYK then receives either DAL 2023, 2024, or 2025 1st-round pick-- top-10 protected in all three years. If they haven't received 1st by 2025, they get Mavs 2025 2nd."

- Ntilikina as a 2-guard next to DSJ makes more sense than him as a PG. I still like Ntilikina as a keeper. Mudiay, however, should be moved. Or DSJ should be moved. But with free agency coming, don't keep both.

- Vonleh now is a keeper! No matter who we sign, he makes sense. Kanter still has to go.

- We have more cap space than just for two max contracts - there will still be money left over for an MLE type contract to throw at Delon Wright

- There's a real chance next year's team has a host of depressing players, like Isaiah Thomas and DeAndre Jordan and Jabari Parker surrounding max contract Eric Bledsoe. But even then, we'd have our picks and a lot of youth. It's something. The catch: Fizdale gets a pass from me on this year...he hasn't exactly been Lloyd Pierce, but maybe he's still evolving as a coach. But there has to be actual cohesion next year.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Hope
« Reply #3998 on: February 01, 2019, 12:12:07 AM »

DSJ/Ntilikina
Jimmy Butler/Trier
Zion Williamson / Kevin Knox
Kevin Durant / Vonleh
DeAndre / Kornet / Mitch

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: February 01, 2019, 12:21:07 AM »

Harrison Barnes' time to shine ....

We gave them Hardaway.  Be interesting to see how they use him. 
He is going to clog their cap.  When his contract falls off they will have to pay Luka.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: February 01, 2019, 12:28:12 AM »

Well we got very little in return for Trey Burke.

I was hoping we could get at least a #2 for Mudiay.

But now i don't think so.

The Pacers?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: February 01, 2019, 12:36:42 AM »

There is top 5 protection on Dallas’ pick conveying to Atlanta. If they land in the lottery, and get lucky, the pick goes to us & Atl has to wait until 2021. If we wind up with 2 guys in the top 5 this year, it would go a long way to dulling the breakup pain.

I hope we keep Jordan and Matthews around this year.

I think we are looking at more than 70 million in cap space if we don’t take on money in follow up trades.

Smith, Trier, Frank, and Dot, guys on our books next year, is a promising young backcourt. We should definitely eat into our Hoard to make QOs to Vonleh and Kornet.

We’ve also cleared a roster spot.

I wouldn’t wager this is the group we end out the year with.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: February 01, 2019, 12:41:34 AM »

Sure Tim is overpaid and so is Courtly, but it took KZ to move them?!? You move KZ and get very little back?!?
There wasn't a better deal out there?

Therein lies the rub...We got very little back for an All-Star with rare and unique talents to fix Mills' biggest mistake in THJ.

This team doesn't have much to offer any FA at this point in terms of BB goals so we're right back to 2010 all over again.

So what's their strategy....Hope?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: February 01, 2019, 12:58:16 AM »

There is top 5 protection on Dallas’ pick conveying to Atlanta. If they land in the lottery, and get lucky, the pick goes to us & Atl has to wait until 2021. If we wind up with 2 guys in the top 5 this year, it would go a long way to dulling the breakup pain.

Imagine that? 

What are the odds we get the Top 2 picks? 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: February 01, 2019, 01:02:53 AM »

We should ad CJ Fair on a ten day deal to push Mario and more importantly Knox.

The strategy is to develop skills and awareness in the players we’ve got, draft the best guys we can, then sign the best guys we can, then get them to play great together. How much confidence you have in this working out depends on how you read what has transpired so far.

I’m hoping for dramatic development that gets us close to but not actually winning games, insane lotto luck (1 & 2 please), great drafting, and a conservative approach to free agency. Paying Durant max money is conservative. I don’t have confidence in all this, but I do have hope.

We shall see.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 1852