Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908204 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4515 on: February 14, 2019, 08:34:03 PM »

Interesting about the wait for Harry Giles' emergence -

Harry was the absolute best prep player in the nation when he was 16/17

Hiiiiiiiigh ceiling

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: February 14, 2019, 10:03:17 PM »

Just win baby!

3 wins vs ATL this season
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: February 14, 2019, 11:20:14 PM »

There's at least a half dozen other 1st rounders in that class who are better:  Don Mitchell, the other Collins (John), Kuzma, Justin Jax, Jarrett Allen, OG, Bam.  [13, 19, 27, 15, 22, 23, 14 respectively]
That's 7.  Monk, Kennard, DJ Wilson might be around his level too.

Give me Zach Collins over Justin Jackson, Monk, Kennard or DJ Wilson. But the rest are all fantastic picks outside of the lottery.

My mistake, I was thinking Jaren Jackson.
Justin Jax has been underwhelming, just bench material.  Tossed into a trade already.
Too many Jacksons the past few years going to small market teams.

Yeah, that's where I had Zach as well, behind a half dozen later choices and slightly ahead of Monk, Kennard, DJ.  I'd also agree that it's too early to say too much about any of them.  DJ & Zach both looked overwhelmed their rook year but have made strides this year. 

Overall, I'd say Zach wasn't a good pick at #10 given POR needed a ready player not a standard slow developer, and there were a half dozen starter-level options still on board.  John Collins, Bam OG, Kuzma would have fit there real well.

Unfortunately in that stacked draft, Franc is looking like a blown pick.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:22:44 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: February 14, 2019, 11:33:23 PM »

Looks like that was John Collins worst game as a pro.
Only his 3rd single digit game, and the other two were back in Nov.
Also his lowest rebound (and assist) game.

Nerlens Xmas with 22 & 13 (8 o-boards) in 22 mins.
I guess he went up against Jah Okafor and his 12 & 8 in 23 mins.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 11:42:37 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: February 15, 2019, 12:09:18 AM »

I have never heard of DJ Wilson.  Drawback on JusJax is that he is a bit older.  Career of course is young.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: February 15, 2019, 01:38:41 AM »

Just win baby!

3 wins vs ATL this season

Hope we draw them in the playoffs this year!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: February 15, 2019, 01:58:55 AM »

I have never heard of DJ Wilson.  Drawback on JusJax is that he is a bit older.  Career of course is young.

Wilson was a Jr. on that Moe Wagner Michigan Sweet 16 team.
He barely played his first two seasons there.
Late bloomer and some minor injuries.

DJ looked marginal and confused in his rook year.
But was limited to 29 games due to injury (hamstring) and unreadiness. 
Rook year he looked gangly/awkward/energetic.
But he added muscle and his frame filled out this year.

Good size at 6'10" 230.  Shot 37% on 3's this year and last, though limited tries (2.5 3FGA's this year).  Good hands.  Capable rebounder.  A bit foul prone on D -- but most young'uns are -- and he can switch across most positions.
Can move his feet.  Athletic and can block some shots.

Plays 18 mpg for a top MIL team.  Been a solid bench contributor.  His stats are right about the same as Ilyasova, playing the same number of mins.  Still feeling out the NBA game, but much improved over a shaky rook year where he looked athletic and jittery.  I can see him becoming an NBA starter, if he continues to expand his game.
One red flag: 40% FT shooter this year and last, though few attempts.  That can get into a guy's head, and make him shy from contact/attacking.

DJ's emergence allowed MIL to trade $11M Henson who has been out most of the year after wrist surgery, but would be back in time for the playoffs.  Henson more experienced than DJ, but DJ and Ilya spread the floor allowing Anti-Greek room to obliterate fools at the rim.  So for Henson and Deli, MIL ditched salary and shored up their backcourt with Geo Hill.

For MIL, I'm a big Brogdon fan.  The guy really knows how to play.  Solid on both ends.  Right now his shooting splits are 40 / 50 / 94.
16 / 5 / 3 assists in 29 mins.  Heady player.  Not that athletic for the NBA, but he uses a change of pace and hesitation dribble to get to layups.  Good combo guard size at 6'5".  Really a joy to watch.

Btw, if he were a Knick, I would call him Frogdon for a while than later switch to The Frog ... then just Frog.  Look at him, there is something amphibian about his appearance.  he could do interviews in an Edward G Robinson voice and Georgie Auld's I've Got A Right To Know would be his theme song . . .
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:40:40 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: February 15, 2019, 04:32:04 AM »

There are some interesting front courts emerging around the league. The Serge, Pascal, Kawhi group in Toronto stands out. I’m liking DJ, Kornet, Knox, Mitch, and Noah. I’m hoping to see guys who emerge as steady contributors from our fleet of talented guards.

Pulling for Phoenix to catch a little hot streak and up its win total.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: February 15, 2019, 10:00:40 AM »

And what about Vucevic-Gordon-Isaac?
I'm somewhat kidding, but ORL has been on a hot streak (won 6 of 7), and they totally thumped CHA last night.  CHA only managed 36 1st half points and late in the half they put up a stat that ORL bench had more points than the whole CHA team.  ORL wound up with 64 bench points and 63 from their starters. 

ISaac is coming on.  Last 5 games nearly 16 & 6 with close to 3 blocks.
v. CHA he got two steals in succession, tipped in a Vuc missed, and a little later bombed in a high arcing corner 3.  Probably no coincidence that this hot Feb stretch of 7 games coincides with Isaac going off.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: February 15, 2019, 10:36:53 AM »

Why kidding?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: February 15, 2019, 03:34:45 PM »

Maybe the Magic are better off getting out of the hunt and aiming for a place in the flattened lotto that gets them a crack at Ja.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: February 15, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »

Philly, Toronto, Boston, and Milwaukee are all pretty well geared to do playoff damage. Indy was there with Oladipo, now along with the Nyets, slated for roadkill. A four team scrap is on for the last two spots.

Is Otto in Chicago in any way sustainable? He got off to quite the start.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: February 15, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »

Uh,,,,,Boston plays Philly round 1......

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: February 15, 2019, 06:12:53 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: February 15, 2019, 07:26:15 PM »

Uh,,,,,Boston plays Philly round 1......

Indy drops 2 spots, maybe 3 if the Nyets surge. Matthews does not replace Olidipo.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 1847