Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900146 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4845 on: March 15, 2019, 01:49:23 AM »

G Hill, P Gasol, Mirotic, Connaughton, Ilyasova and Snell.
Maker and Wilson in tow
Donte waiting it out.

I like DJ's development and Connaugthon is a scrapper.  But neither ready for the playoffs.  And Pa Gasol is smart but a fossil.  GrandPau Gasol.  So basically they aren't going to help.

Geo Hill is decent but past his prime.  Shows up every 3rd game.  Could get hot at the right time, but also his body could continue breaking down at the wrong time.  Kiid thought Hill was going to be a gamechanger for MIL, and he's been helpful but not much more.  I should look it up, but think he's around 15 or 16 mins per.

Mirrortrick, Ilya and Snell all are erratic.  Any of them could have a good or very poor game any given night.  But all have tendencies to go quiet.  Streaky/erratic players.  Snell has been more consistent this year, but I still wouldn't trust him with a big shot in playoff crunch time, which likely will occur.  When I've seen MIL, Snell has mostly made plays.  So he might just be better now than I give him credit for, but he used to be pretty iffy. 

My main argument is that you can gameplan MIL.  Either double and take away Giannis to the rim and let others try to beat you.  Or stay tight on the shooters and let Giannis try to win it himself.  Depending on your personnel and preference.

Secondly, the supporting cast -- Bled, The Frog and Middleguy -- all have a lot to prove come playoff  time.  (Again, Brogdon is probably my favorite NBA player right now, and I've been a Middletony fan for years as well).  but playoffs is trial by fire.  Experience really helps.  can Frog stay poised and efficient and not make turnovers.

3rd is the bench issue.

I agree that Buttholer is a terrific coach, just too bad about that nickname.  Okay, we'll go with Buttonholer because he is a savant.  Can he outcoach for 3 series, so a team with limited experience can go far?  I have MIL as regular season champs.  Which means little except home court once the 2nd season commences.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:55:24 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: March 15, 2019, 01:59:10 AM »

The past week, when I've glimpsed SH Sharks games on TV, they had blowouts going and Jimmer was hot.  But I only watched a few minutes each time.  Seemed like they had 2 or 3 blowout wins to close the season strong.  but I'd have to check to be sure.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: March 15, 2019, 08:38:29 AM »

Must be a weird playoff system

Article says Sharks earned final slot but then said their opponent is the 5 seed.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: March 15, 2019, 08:59:21 AM »

Connaughton has playoff experience

I dismissed Wilson as a Who He earlier

Only thing I linked George Hill to was Phil Jackson, who liked GH before he was canned and we went with Sessions.

I have Milwaukee over Boston and Boston as a toss up with Philly.  (Bucks 2-1 vs Celts I think.  Philly 0-3)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:00 AM »

Must be a weird playoff system

Article says Sharks earned final slot but then said their opponent is the 5 seed.

Maybe top 4 get bye and 12 teams in.....

5 v 12.  Winner plays 4

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: March 15, 2019, 09:19:57 AM »

CBA bracket

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_CBA_Playoffs

Jimmer looking for a couple of upset rounds to get to Final 4.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: March 15, 2019, 10:57:13 PM »

The Sharks were a little below .500 most of the year until a strong finish put them slightly over.  Not going to be easy to get far.  Especially since the Top few teams win a lot.  The top team finished something like 44-4.  Yi Jian Lian's team.  He's still the best Chinese player.  probably the only Chinese player to score over 20 pts/game.

Brog, Connaught and Grandpa Gasol are usually poised fellows.  But I think that whole team has a lot to prove in the playoffs.    Beat up a 1st round opponent should help confidence.  But there's often a sea change between round 1 & 2.  It's matchups that matter.  We'll see.
TOR is my East pick.
But the East playoffs should be a lot of fun.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: March 16, 2019, 01:55:00 AM »

Nobody watched the game?

Nearly a trip-dub for DeGiant.
Was doing a nice job with backdoor passes.

Big game for Kadeem.
I looked him up and turns out he's the NBA's all-time leading scorer.
I didn't know that . . .

and Clyde calls pest control on bees?
That's not cool.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:57:00 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: March 16, 2019, 03:37:59 AM »

Out West, GSW has a mighty fine Road record (22-11)
After that only 3 teams have a winning road record, and three of them just barely.  If HOU and LAC had lost one of their Home wins, they'd be .500.  And one OKC road win was lost they'd be below water.  DEN and POR .500 on away games.

Basically the same story in the East, with MIL and TOR with strong Road records and only IND (17-16) above .500.
Tough to get W's on the Road these days.

Knix one of 3 teams with a better Road than Home record.
Along with CHI and strangely #8 seed MIA (a solid 16-16 on the Road, but just 16-20 at Home)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: March 16, 2019, 07:41:03 AM »

We.are.just.so.bad.

I know they're young. I know there's not a ton of talent there. But at this point, I can't glimpse anything the coach is accomplishing.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: March 16, 2019, 08:59:15 AM »

Losing.

Well, I think this year is about individual development.
And a lot of guys have shown promise.  Limitations as well.
But that's part of the evaluation process.

Right now, Datsun looking like a genuine rotation player, even possible future starter.  Mitch too, despite the mini-slump.

I think it's time to cut back Knox's minutes.
Have him off the bench, and go against 2nd units.  Or if you want him with reps paired with Jr Smith, start Knox and just play him the first half.   Too many crappy games can sap confidence.

Kind of ironic to see DeAndre the Giant do the role Noah was brought in for.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: March 16, 2019, 12:23:04 PM »

Indiana 17-16

nice

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: March 16, 2019, 03:58:25 PM »

I think it's time to cut back Knox's minutes.
Have him off the bench, and go against 2nd units.  Or if you want him with reps paired with Jr Smith, start Knox and just play him the first half.   Too many crappy games can sap confidence.

Getting Mario back to break up the work load will help. SF is the only spot we’re actually numerically thin, especially with Dot doing best at SG.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: March 16, 2019, 08:52:28 PM »

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: March 16, 2019, 09:34:25 PM »

"He is and always will be the reason they don't get free agents," a longtime NBA executive told Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix. "

re  James Dolan.

PS

is he going anywhere?

sorry boys but the answer is No and No.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1844