Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918489 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5055 on: March 29, 2019, 09:07:03 AM »

Do the Knicks have their pg situation solved?

Nope.

Keep an eye on Cassius Winston tonight.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:28:52 AM by kiidcarter8 »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
FIZZY ‘S PROGRAM
« Reply #5056 on: March 29, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »

Mud & Jr. Smith combined for 45 minutes and 2 assists!

Fizzy’s “SYSTEM” calls for as few assists as possible. It’s a “STRATEGY”.

To what end? Fizzy is a little fuzzy about that.

It's absolutely essential to the FIZ "development" program that young players attempt as many bad shots outside of a team ball framework as possible.

Naturally that will reduce assist #'s for point guards. It's the program. You got a problem with it?

Hmmmmm... no. Now that u splained the program I understand. Not so fuzzy after all.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: March 29, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »

Caught HOU-DEN.
DEN played poorly after the 1Q.
Got killed 40-19 in 2Q.

Jokic had a poor game.  Couldn't get shots to drop, couldn't post effectively on harden, fumbled away rebounds, got beat downcourt by Capela a few times.

DEN bench was mostly a no-show.
Trey Lyles looked terrible.
3 TO's in 12 mins.  0-3 on Trey treys.
I recall someone here liking him.  Always looked bummish to me.
Just 23, will probably be a Knick reclamation project next year ...

DEN looked like they had no game plan for Harden.  Let him get his shots and left 3 point shooters open everywhere.  CP3 was largely a non-factor and still a blow out.

Nugs seem like one of those momentum teams who play well and with high energy when things are going well.   I've seen them look great and fluid with a dynamite bench, and also seen them slog through a loss or two. 

I assume OKC desperately wants the 7th seed and a crack at untested DEN, and to avoid GSW. OKC had D.  DEN has depth.  Would be a good matchup.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: March 29, 2019, 06:56:57 PM »

Yep

Lyles

Nice talent

18-8-3-1-1 per 36 minutes
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:59:19 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: March 29, 2019, 08:21:56 PM »

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: March 30, 2019, 02:46:37 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: March 30, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »

The better Franc is as at playing Point, the more value he has, both to NYK or other teams.  Even if later he becomes mostly a combo G.  Same for Mud, who at least has started looking like he has some decent SG potential. 

We're a terrible team and can afford time to develop Franc's Point abilities.  Unfortunately, Franc right now is our 3rd PG and 3rd SG.  Basically he's our 5th G.  Yeah, Dot can play some 3.  But Kadeem is chasing after a roster spot/minutes as well.

Kind of a lost season for Franc.  And I still think his defense is overrated.  Knix need to think about moving Franc while he still has some value.  Looks like Sell Low now, but another season like this and it will definitely be Sell Low(er).  I like Franc, but Knix need to think how and if he fits.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: March 30, 2019, 05:41:35 PM »

I think you are mistakenly assuming the Knicks do not wish to make a playoff run next year.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: March 30, 2019, 06:51:56 PM »

The better Franc is as at playing Point, the more value he has, both to NYK or other teams.  Even if later he becomes mostly a combo G.  Same for Mud, who at least has started looking like he has some decent SG potential. 

We're a terrible team and can afford time to develop Franc's Point abilities.  Unfortunately, Franc right now is our 3rd PG and 3rd SG.  Basically he's our 5th G.  Yeah, Dot can play some 3.  But Kadeem is chasing after a roster spot/minutes as well.

Kind of a lost season for Franc.  And I still think his defense is overrated.  Knix need to think about moving Franc while he still has some value.  Looks like Sell Low now, but another season like this and it will definitely be Sell Low(er).  I like Franc, but Knix need to think how and if he fits.

All youngsters thrash around for a bit while in college and even afterward.  But for the ones who get it and turn that corner - that's when the adventure starts.  All of our guards are still essentially youngsters anticipating turning that corner.  We won't keep them all. We also know a lot about where that corner is when it comes to NBA PG development - approx. 4 years from their starting time.

The FO drafted nothing but kids. That can't be an accident or a brainfart.   And I'm not buying any argument asserting that the FO couldn't have known how raw these kids would be.  I have to believe that they knew what they were doing and they will stick with the majority of them.

The mystery to me is what kind of conversation Fizdale had with the FO.  I think its safe to speculate that Fizdale was told with no uncertainty that the Knicks WILL lose more games than any other team in the NBA. The more interesting question given how ugly the season has been is whether Fizdale intentionally held back Frank, Dotson, and the gamers or whether Fizdale just floated downstream because he could knowing that the kids would be gone at seasons end and basketball would start in the Fall of 2019.

The "Keep what you kill" mentality makes more sense with hungry vets looking to have a career rather than physically and mentally undeveloped kids.  Presumably Fizdale is *that* smart.

So I think your argument should be more general to say that any of our guys who either have talent or showed promise this year *could* be traded and *should be* [given the right deal] because next year they might regress.  The argument applies to many more than just Frank.

I don't know that there's any pecking order of PG candidates worth hanging a hat on yet.  And as I said I'm not sure the team was allowed to play NBA winning ball so calling the team 'terrible' is misleading, IMO.  But the toxic NY and ESPN media love to F with Knicks fans by periodically tar and feathering one player or another.  Frank is this year's Pinata.

I am an unabashed Frank fan.  Trade the rest of them all but keep Frank would be my advice. Its likely not a majority opinion.

Pragmatically, if he is being teased as trade bait, the Knicks FO needs to get value back - talent for talent and not talent for a filler.  IMO, Frank is likely got more talent and NY charisma than whoever is being offered.  And I will qualify that by saying if he's part of a package to secure AD or a top-notch talent I have no objections to trading him.

But if he's jettisoned for a bag of chips, many of our worst fears about this FO become reality.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: March 30, 2019, 08:34:31 PM »

Didn't we just have a conversation about KEEPING all of them?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
bag of chips
« Reply #5065 on: March 30, 2019, 09:21:19 PM »

But if he's jettisoned for a bag of chips, many of our worst fears about this FO become reality.

Ok, I proposed a bag of beans the other day, but no problem with a bag of chips either.

FO happy thinking about the chips.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:47:50 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: March 30, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »

Pretty sure we’re getting another year of Robinson and Knox.

Among the guards, Ntilikina, Dotson, Trier, and Allen are the ones I hope come back. I wouldn’t mind a Smith or a Mudiay, but we don’t need both.

I’d like to see Vonleh and Kornet back. I’m skeptical that free agency lands us any of the biggest fish. We shall see, but I’m not holding my breath.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
MITCH!
« Reply #5067 on: March 30, 2019, 10:50:36 PM »

Pretty sure we’re getting another year of Robinson and Knox.

Among the guards, Ntilikina, Dotson, Trier, and Allen are the ones I hope come back. I wouldn’t mind a Smith or a Mudiay, but we don’t need both.

I’d like to see Vonleh and Kornet back. I’m skeptical that free agency lands us any of the biggest fish. We shall see, but I’m not holding my breath.

Hope we get much more than 1 year of Robinson.

PS. Why did Jordan get a DNP?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:53:20 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: March 30, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »

carlos,

tyrone is up.  so spring is officially here.

Jim Dolan has now gone to sleep.

it's a cycle .

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Tyrone and Porzingis
« Reply #5069 on: March 30, 2019, 11:12:04 PM »

Tyrone: I love Tyrone.

Porzingis: hey Kam, wassup with KP? Did he do it or didn’t he?

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 1848