Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918129 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6510 on: June 22, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »

NBA PG is a difficult position to play.
Especially these days when a player is expected to both score a lot and run a team.  And you have to defend a lot of quick PG's, not to mention getting screened on to bigger player.
Eurohoops is different, with more passing and playmaking parity.
The speed and length of the NBA players is also different.
It's hard enough for US players to learn and adapt to the demands of US PG duties.  Euro guys and intl's -- like Exum and Mud -- have little chance at being starting PG's.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 04:30:46 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: June 22, 2019, 04:38:47 PM »

Sergio reference noted. but Telodosic's comments on "waiting too long" might be more suitable to this sitch.

And what was Spanoulis' excuse?  He came over too soon?
He was 25 and thought JVG was too tough on him.  Sulked, then went back Eurowards after

Basically, (Tony Parker) and (Jose Calderon) are the only 2 Euro-PG's to have success in the NBofA.  I guess Schroder is next, and he's been mostly a backup.

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: June 22, 2019, 04:50:55 PM »

Spurs should have taken Lester Hudson that year.  Clearly Celtics didnt know what to do with him.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: June 22, 2019, 05:02:35 PM »

Who are the most likely RFAs to be renounced around the league?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: June 22, 2019, 05:25:12 PM »

Have you guys heard about the sign-wait-and-trade for KD? Obviously not ideal for the Knicks, and involves a lot of collusion. But better than not getting him.

So how does that work? He gets $57 million extra buckaroos while spending a pleasant year easymoneysniping little instagram followers.

The Warriors get a couple of our PorzingaPicks?

No thanks — let him rehab his eggshell-ego'd broken-down A#$ on somebody else's dime...

Warriors get some of our TEAM SALARY, clearing more space, no?

Well, if they take players as well as picks, but they wouldn't have to right? Since NY will have space under the cap to accept without sending anybody out?

***I don't do or pretend to understand CAP & Trade anymore, just too complicated for the wee brain
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: June 22, 2019, 05:36:50 PM »

GS could do it for the trade exception and go for the next disgruntled star once Klay is healthy. If there’s a bidding war, they’d reap other assets as well. A lot of teams can absorb a supermax this summer.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: June 22, 2019, 05:49:50 PM »

Have you guys heard about the sign-wait-and-trade for KD? Obviously not ideal for the Knicks, and involves a lot of collusion. But better than not getting him.

So how does that work? He gets $57 million extra buckaroos while spending a pleasant year easymoneysniping little instagram followers.

No thanks — let him rehab his eggshell-ego'd broken-down A#$ on somebody else's dime...

Well, if they take players as well as picks, but they wouldn't have to right? Since NY will have space under the cap to accept without sending anybody out?

***I don't do or pretend to understand CAP & Trade anymore, just too complicated for the wee brain

Right.

But if Ntlikina has the value you think he does, why wouldn't they take him?

Lance Thomas at 7 mil?  No.

Knicks cant get Frank's 4+ mil to use just by releasing him.  This way they can.  And they get Kev for an extra year, right?  But most importantly - if this is what they want - the GET THEIR GUY without the hemming and hawing and other teams involved, etc.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: June 23, 2019, 01:05:02 AM »

What does "team salary" mean? That is not a CBA term, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: June 23, 2019, 07:32:44 PM »

I think I explained it above

Players = team salary.  Not much but Frank and Trier is what - 8 mil combined?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: June 23, 2019, 08:32:38 PM »

KD & KI to Brooklyn is fine. Let’s see if Irving can avoid burning bridges long enough for Durant to get healthy.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Nyets
« Reply #6520 on: June 23, 2019, 11:45:12 PM »

KD & KI to Brooklyn is fine. Let’s see if Irving can avoid burning bridges long enough for Durant to get healthy.

Nothing but paper tigers.

Let’em have’em. They’ll regret it.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: June 24, 2019, 01:18:36 AM »

I think I explained it above

Players = team salary.  Not much but Frank and Trier is what - 8 mil combined?

If we're under the cap, we don't have to send equal salary back to the Warriors. If we're $30 million under the cap, we could, to use your example, send Frank and Trier and maybe a distant pick.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: June 24, 2019, 04:56:15 AM »

So KZ is damaged goods, but we should trade for Durant who is a decade older, has a worse injury and hasn't started his rehab yet.

Not to mention that we don't even have a team that could benefit from KD if he returned to form in 2 years.  As for this wacky 5 year fantasy, Knix would just be punishing themselves by paying a 35 or (is it 36 year old?) Durant $45M or whatever.  Didn't anyone learn anything from the Melo re-sign?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: June 24, 2019, 04:59:11 AM »

If I take Kid correctly here, say we have 71 mil space with 38 mil on the books. If we then take Durant starting at 38 mil, which GS can offer in the sign and trade scenario, we’d be down to a paltry 33 mil in space left. Because the scenario is a trade, if we send 9 mil back in the form of Frank and DJS, the number would be 42 mil, 40 if we ship out Trier instead of one of the lotto boys. That’s enough for another max and a rotation piece. Probably we’d look then to spend big on a point guard and put the change into a big.

I’m not advocating for this move. I’m just trying to spell it out. To me it seems plausible but not wise.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: June 24, 2019, 08:35:08 AM »

So KZ is damaged goods, but we should trade for Durant who is a decade older, has a worse injury and hasn't started his rehab yet.

Not to mention that we don't even have a team that could benefit from KD if he returned to form in 2 years.  As for this wacky 5 year fantasy, Knix would just be punishing themselves by paying a 35 or (is it 36 year old?) Durant $45M or whatever.  Didn't anyone learn anything from the Melo re-sign?

You are really comparing Porzingis to Durant?

Melo to Durant?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:43:26 AM by kiidcarter8 »
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 1848