Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917207 times)

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6585 on: June 26, 2019, 11:25:29 PM »

Boogie?

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: June 27, 2019, 01:11:45 AM »

As expected, Knicks make Mudiay an unrestricted free agent. There's a chance he's making the minimum as a third string point guard in 2019/20. I think there's a better chance he comes back with no money guaranteed after 2019/20. He scored a lot last year, but everyone knows it was while losing badly every night.

He's still better than Jamal Murray, obviously.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:53:43 AM by thebizneverloses »

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: June 27, 2019, 01:18:50 AM »

Rockets moving mountains to get a #1 pick to flip to Sixers for Butler.

So...

do we want Tucker?  Capela?  Gordon?

We're not exactly the best destination unless we sign an all-star who can play today (who would that even be at this point?). But we can definitely get into the action as a third team facilitating the deal, taking on expiring contracts, and extracting first rounders.

Let's say Portland wants Gordon. We can take back Meyers Leonard and their top-10 protected first rounder and a second rounder, and we send Dotson to Houston.

Then let's say Charlotte wants Capela. We take back Biyombo and either Marvin or MKG and take back two top-10 first rounders, and we also send Allonzo over to Houston (this gets Charlotte under the tax, maybe even far enough to allow them to keep Jeremy Lamb, and makes them a playoff team).

We'd still have enough money to go after one of Julius Randle and Malcolm Brogdon and one of KCP, Al Farouq Aminu and Darren Collison (possibly all but Brogdon on one year deals). Might even be space left over for Vonleh or Mudiay.

It's not a playoff team and three first rounders isn't actually going to happen, but it's a better team than last year and two first rounders and maybe some seconds is totally doable.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:54:19 AM by thebizneverloses »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: June 27, 2019, 02:05:19 AM »

Stephen A. Smith reports that Knicks owner James Dolan wants to see Kevin Durant's medical records before offering him a max contract.

Unfortunately Knix are tempted,
What a stupid team.
Think I'll put on my Amare jersey and stop by Dolan's penthouse.

How many broken down aging stars/saviors have Knix signed in the last 2 decades: McGrady, Marbury, Steve Francis, Penny, Amare, McDyess, Derrick Rose, Baron Davis, Jason "The Exception" Kidd, Noah, etc.

You can argue that Durant is better than them, but he's also more broken down.  At least Melo we got in his prime.  Though it took a lot of assets.  And then we re-signed him on a gold-plated 5 year deal when he was aging.

I think it's 50/50 the Knix sign KD to a max deal.
Probably dumb enough to make it a  5 year max.
He's already hobbling around NYC with a grin.
Or if BKY signs him, Knix will probably pivot to Boogie on a one year deal.
It's about selling tickets to out-of-towners and providing false hope.  that's what business the Knix are in . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: June 27, 2019, 03:35:31 AM »

It would be a mystery why KD would actually want us. I think we’re safe. I don’t think we get any big fish, but the FO shows it made the effort. Then we move onto B and C type plans, or some hybrid of the two.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: June 27, 2019, 03:41:51 AM »

Chiek Diallo and Stanley Johnson are now both UFA’s. So is Chop Suey.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: June 27, 2019, 05:11:26 AM »

Yes Murphy's law applies to the knix probably more than any other professional sports franchise.  KD is destined to be a knick.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: June 27, 2019, 05:35:03 AM »

It would be a mystery why KD would actually want us.

Because we're dumb enough to make a deal with GS so Durant gets a 5 year maxi max . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: June 27, 2019, 09:44:39 AM »

I'm still down with the KD max! Kam and I will keep some spaces open for all y'all on the bandwagon when he's killing it in the ASG in February 2021, while RJ Barrett is showing his ROY trophy to his teammate Anthony Edwards.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: June 27, 2019, 10:15:54 AM »

Looking like Kemba to the Celtics.

Kemba is probably a better fit than Kyrie. He'll put up huge numbers.

But they're going to lose Horford and Marcus Morris and Terry Rozier just to make room for Kemba. Grant Williams and Romeo Longford don't really fit their biggest needs (starting 5, backup 1). They have their room exception.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: June 27, 2019, 11:08:48 AM »

Walker, a three-time All-Star, is expected to be offered a four-year, $141 million contract from the Celtics -- a deal that he's increasingly likely to accept, league sources said.

I wish when they report a contract or offer they'd also mention the starting salary, and not just the total amount.

I was saying CHA probably needs to start Kemba at $35M to retain him.
I'm guessing the BOS offer starts around $32M.
Jordan not willing to pay out for another mediocre team.
The Biyombo fiasco really kills their cap.

If Kemba leaves, less likely we can extract anything from CHA for taking on one of their bum contracts.
Wonder what they'll do for a PG?
Rozier?  Rubio?  Cory Joe?  Somebody's backup PG?  Delon Wright? 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: June 27, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »

Knicks move of the day: moving mudiay away
Also had to chop Kornet

Lance better check his pants.  He's next.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: June 27, 2019, 03:52:17 PM »

Boogie?

Boogie and Isiah.  One year Maximunzz.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: June 27, 2019, 04:00:21 PM »

Rockets moving mountains to get a #1 pick to flip to Sixers for Butler.

So...

do we want Tucker?  Capela?  Gordon?

We're not exactly the best destination unless we sign an all-star who can play today (who would that even be at this point?). But we can definitely get into the action as a third team facilitating the deal, taking on expiring contracts, and extracting first rounders.

Let's say Portland wants Gordon. We can take back Meyers Leonard and their top-10 protected first rounder and a second rounder, and we send Dotson to Houston.

Then let's say Charlotte wants Capela. We take back Biyombo and either Marvin or MKG and take back two top-10 first rounders, and we also send Allonzo over to Houston (this gets Charlotte under the tax, maybe even far enough to allow them to keep Jeremy Lamb, and makes them a playoff team).

We'd still have enough money to go after one of Julius Randle and Malcolm Brogdon and one of KCP, Al Farouq Aminu and Darren Collison (possibly all but Brogdon on one year deals). Might even be space left over for Vonleh or Mudiay.

It's not a playoff team and three first rounders isn't actually going to happen, but it's a better team than last year and two first rounders and maybe some seconds is totally doable.

Why not just take Gordon?  Or Tucker?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: June 27, 2019, 04:11:38 PM »

Walker, a three-time All-Star, is expected to be offered a four-year, $141 million contract from the Celtics -- a deal that he's increasingly likely to accept, league sources said.

I wish when they report a contract or offer they'd also mention the starting salary, and not just the total amount.

I was saying CHA probably needs to start Kemba at $35M to retain him.
I'm guessing the BOS offer starts around $32M.
Jordan not willing to pay out for another mediocre team.
The Biyombo fiasco really kills their cap.

If Kemba leaves, less likely we can extract anything from CHA for taking on one of their bum contracts.
Wonder what they'll do for a PG?
Rozier?  Rubio?  Cory Joe?  Somebody's backup PG?  Delon Wright?

devonte graham?  4-1 assist/to rate

Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 1848