Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915261 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6690 on: June 30, 2019, 05:35:34 PM »

Kyrie - Dinwiddie
Lavert - Joe Harrisburg
T Prince - (DMC)
Kurucs - (RHJ)
Jar Allen - DeAndre

Weak at PF.  Which is where Durnat will slot in the following season.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: June 30, 2019, 05:37:54 PM »

Well, 2 more years of almost guaranteed sucking with arguably only 1 real true potential top young talent in the team to truly believe in (Mitch).

Sorry, RJ is not it to me. Y'all can feel that way, but I am nowhere near as excited and feel most are overhyped about him because he played for Duke so everyone knows who he is, but compared to past #3 picks I'd argue his amongst the weakest in potential I can ever recall.

KP was booed at the draft, but I was way more hyped about him than RJ.

Our owner is a totalitarian idiot and management has failed at every turn no matter what way you want to cut it for decades. Yes, Perry is a major improvement, but we cannot escape our past misdeeds, and it's haunting everything about this "franchise," nor does it help Dolan thinks its wise to silence journalists even though they are clearly not fair and balanced.

I 100% supported the KP trade, but it has failed as of now. Hard to not say that. We shall see, but it looks grim for Knick fans now other than the rose tinted glass fans that have stuck around with faith and finding silver linings like I certainly have.

18-19 years and counting of trash results on and off the court. I was not super into signing KD injured as it seems a major risk, but I was beginning to change my mind. Now it is certain that the time we need to wait before we can actually have hope to be that good seems at least 2-3 years away, if we are lucky.

Patience...how long have we been hearing that one again (Chip)? I'm losing mine, but still here...why who knows? lol

As for the future. of the Knicks vs. Nets, this is going to hurt.

No one under 30 cares about the Knicks that much, and why should they?

Brooklyn sure to blow up and arguably surpass the Knicks in the short term as a result of this, even if Barclay's is not the same and the fans are mostly plastic.

Old NYC is dying very fast and this is just another nail in its coffin.

A lot of folks born and raised in BK are Nets fans now, even if they may like the Knicks a little. It's a local thing. That's millions of people, and there are a lot of real NBA fans in BK. Now they have the star power to be the talk of the town.

Knicks fade into oblivion holding onto the past with our old and suburban based fans. Until we are actually good again we won't compete, but there's a new noisy neighbor and they have awakened.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: June 30, 2019, 05:48:20 PM »

I think the KZ trade was a disaster of major proportions.

But with that in place, I'm fine with a patient, rebuild-through-the-draft approach.  I liked last year's reclamation team.  A lot of guys to watch and root for.  And our rook crop -- Knox, Mitch, Trier -- showed significant flashes. 

We have a Top 3 rook to show for it.  Not super-excited about RJ, but he was the #1 college recruit.  He's super young and we have time.

I'd really like to steady our PG slot with Rubio or Pa Bev or Brog.
Add a vet F on a 1 year deal: Ariza, Taj, Gay, DeMarre, Ed Davis, etc.
And/or add a young mid-priced Big: Khem Birch; JaMichael Green.

I can take another interesting, losing season.
And another high draft pick.
I'm a new breed -- a patient Knick fan!
Shortcuts and fancy signings have got us nowhere for decades.
Time to try the blue-collar route.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: June 30, 2019, 05:49:13 PM »

lol 1000000000000x

every little thing adds up to this...

signing Hardaway
paying Dallas with Porzingis to ditch Hardaway
throwing Oakman out of the garden
trying to lose as many games as possible
hiring the worst f-ing coach in the leagu
treating vet players capable of helping a team to the conference finals like crap
closing games with guys you pulled out of the D league five minutes earlier
wasting full seasons on the "development" of players you know ain't gonna be around
the owner's "band"
could add 600 things to this list

who the f would really sign on the dotted line here if they weren't a candidate for involuntary committment

***apparently some guy named cook, on a plane so hard to keep track...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: June 30, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »

maybe, KL is still coming, right?..did our "meeting" happen yet? sigh..lol..yurp
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: June 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »

Well, 2 more years of almost guaranteed sucking with arguably only 1 real true potential top young talent in the team to truly believe in (Mitch).

Sorry, RJ is not it to me. Y'all can feel that way, but I am nowhere near as excited and feel most are overhyped about him because he played for Duke so everyone knows who he is, but compared to past #3 picks I'd argue his amongst the weakest in potential I can ever recall.

KP was booed at the draft, but I was way more hyped about him than RJ.

Our owner is a totalitarian idiot and management has failed at every turn no matter what way you want to cut it for decades. Yes, Perry is a major improvement, but we cannot escape our past misdeeds, and it's haunting everything about this "franchise," nor does it help Dolan thinks its wise to silence journalists even though they are clearly not fair and balanced.

I 100% supported the KP trade, but it has failed as of now. Hard to not say that. We shall see, but it looks grim for Knick fans now other than the rose tinted glass fans that have stuck around with faith and finding silver linings like I certainly have.

18-19 years and counting of trash results on and off the court. I was not super into signing KD injured as it seems a major risk, but I was beginning to change my mind. Now it is certain that the time we need to wait before we can actually have hope to be that good seems at least 2-3 years away, if we are lucky.

Patience...how long have we been hearing that one again (Chip)? I'm losing mine, but still here...why who knows? lol

As for the future. of the Knicks vs. Nets, this is going to hurt.

No one under 30 cares about the Knicks that much, and why should they?

Brooklyn sure to blow up and arguably surpass the Knicks in the short term as a result of this, even if Barclay's is not the same and the fans are mostly plastic.

Old NYC is dying very fast and this is just another nail in its coffin.

A lot of folks born and raised in BK are Nets fans now, even if they may like the Knicks a little. It's a local thing. That's millions of people, and there are a lot of real NBA fans in BK. Now they have the star power to be the talk of the town.

Knicks fade into oblivion holding onto the past with our old and suburban based fans. Until we are actually good again we won't compete, but there's a new noisy neighbor and they have awakened.

I think you underestimate the Knicks team.  frankie is a unicorn.  RJ is going to be very, very good right out the gate.

Contrary to your opinion, MR is a project - a good one, but a project.  Lots of good, young talent abounds though.  We won't be playing to lose this year.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Ricky Rubio a PHX Sun
« Reply #6696 on: June 30, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »

3 yrs 51 mil.

One less suitor for Brogdon.
Make the offer ya morons.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Brogdon @ 21 mil
« Reply #6697 on: June 30, 2019, 06:36:18 PM »

To Indiana
4 yrs 85 mil

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: June 30, 2019, 06:36:32 PM »

Middleton. 178 million.

These numbers are amazing to me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: June 30, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »

Thank you Brooklyn.

---The devastating Achilles tear that knocked Kevin Durant out of the NBA Finals has not hurt his bank account.

The 10-time All-Star and two-time Finals MVP is planning to agree to a four-year, $164 million deal with the Brooklyn Nets, Yahoo Sports’ Chris Haynes reported.---
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: June 30, 2019, 07:06:26 PM »

But with that in place, I'm fine with a patient, rebuild-through-the-draft approach.  I liked last year's reclamation team.  A lot of guys to watch and root for.  And our rook crop -- Knox, Mitch, Trier -- showed significant flashes. 

We have a Top 3 rook to show for it.  Not super-excited about RJ, but he was the #1 college recruit.  He's super young and we have time.

Is that a sub?

I've been patient And I think a lot more fans are than is stated. Its the owner who.is not.  Always liked the idea of rebuilding since chelu2 used to argue for it. That was 1999, so stop with the arrogant sounding schtick, please.

Btw I'm fine with rebuilding "the right way" and said that as soon as we made the KP trade. The point is that was the backup plan with the trade. I hated what Jax did and think one is well within their right to be annoyed with things.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: June 30, 2019, 07:10:28 PM »

Is that a sub?

I've been patient And I think a lot more fans are than is stated. Its the owner who.is not.  Always liked the idea of rebuilding since chelu2 used to argue for it. That was 1999, so stop with your trip  arrogant sounding schtick, please.

Btw I'm fine with rebuilding "the right way" and said that as soon as we made the KP trade. The point is that was the backup plan with the trade. I hated what Jax did and think one is well within their right to be annoyed with things.

The man has the right to be a little arrogant (although I'm not quite sure how you read that into his words). He's been saying for months that Brooklyn makes a hell of a lot more sense for KD (and others).

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: June 30, 2019, 07:50:55 PM »

well gosh..what a surprise, we decided to do some"shoe shopping" ;)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Julius Randle a Knick
« Reply #6703 on: June 30, 2019, 07:53:23 PM »

3 for 63

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: June 30, 2019, 09:17:03 PM »

they're f'in kidding me right? 10 more on Taj Mahal? we shopping all kindsa shoes..loafers, sandles, crocs...this some kinda fever dream.

***maybe it's just the internet on this plane..gotta be..gotta be...
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1848