Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914433 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Reggie Bullock contract is 2 yrs 8.2 mil
« Reply #7110 on: July 16, 2019, 01:35:45 PM »

I'm assuming year 2 is a team option.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7111 on: July 16, 2019, 02:31:26 PM »

Indeed.
And a helluva lot better than the 2/$21M we originally agreed on with him.  Bullock a good effort guy, but erratic.  Can have a big game now and then, but mostly low impact and mistake prone.
While Ellington is a chucker.
Giving too much time to either of  them just takes away from our yute: RJB, Knox, Trier, Dot.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: July 16, 2019, 03:07:28 PM »

Doesnt take a damn thing from Barrett or Trier

You wanted to see Fiz coach a better roster - so you have to allow him to give the vets minutes

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: July 16, 2019, 03:32:01 PM »

Bullock isn’t taking minutes from anyone until he gets his feet right. If our Kids come along (Knox, RJ, Frank, and Dot) he’s a great candidate to move at the deadline. A fully healthy Bullock might be on a different trajectory, but that’s not what we got.

Ellington gets tasked with spreading the floor. This involves a certain amount of chucking. It also involves moving himself open and arriving at his spots ready to shoot. All our young guards need to improve in these areas.

Select v National team, then worlds on deck. Drew League is happening.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: July 16, 2019, 03:36:00 PM »

Would like to see RJ play for Canada

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: July 16, 2019, 03:51:31 PM »

I’d start to worry about the load for Young Ro. Next year in the Olympics definitely, but maybe a slightly slower summer this year.

If Wood will take the minimum, I say we give it to him and bring 16 to camp. He’s a credible fill for Mitch or Portis and the three would give us a deep run of mobile bigs. He might move Bobby to third string.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: July 16, 2019, 04:40:04 PM »

Some vet play should be useful.
Too much could be harmful to development.

I don't want to play a vet-heavy lineup just to get the 8th seed.
I want another year of development without too much concern over record.  Which means a lot of time for R&B, Knox, Jr. Smith, Trier, Dot.  That's my priority, and hopefully the Knix allow Fizz the freedom to do that.

The crowded roster has me edgy.  A 2-for-one trade would do us well, to consolidate.  You don't need 14 guys who need minutes.
I'd open the season with Franc as our backup PG.  Let him audition.  See what he can do, and try to up his trade value.  Play him alongside a lot of offenders, such as Portis, Barrett, Trier (and Taj for defense).

I would have liked to have traded say Portis and Franc for Josh Rich.  But MIA moved him already and he's a good fit in PHI.
Though PHI could use more bench guys.

Knix should be looking to trade for Beal, Tatum, Jaylen, Covington (or Josh Rich).  Wiz would like to drop Mahinmi.  MIN needs more players.  Maybe Ainge can be induced to have a panic attack.

I'd move Randle/Portis + Franc for any of those.  Toss in a Trier/Dot as well if needed.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: July 16, 2019, 04:45:12 PM »

Btw, Duke Ellington on his 9th team heading into his 11th season.
For 6 of those teams he played one season or less.
He shoots 3's at a 37% clip and does little else.
He also turns 32 early next season.
Ho & hum ...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:49:00 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: July 16, 2019, 06:11:17 PM »

Put me down for DSJ/RJ/Mook/Randle/Big Meech.

If I had to guess, I'd say it will be a long 10 man rotation to start, so the back-up five would be Payton/Trier/Knox/Portis/Taj.

That leaves Ntilikina, Ellington, Bullock (who plays ahead of Zo if healthy), Braz, Dot, with the latter two the most likely to be healthy scratches.

I just hope Fiz doesn't mess around with the rotation as much as he did last year.

What makes you so sold RJ can start at the 2 for us, Biz?

I know he's the #3 pick, but seems like he's got a lot of competition and has quite a bit of growing to do, it seems. You think he's ahead of IsoZo (who's more efficient)?

I see him getting more time at the 3 given his deficiencies and strengths (literally), but I think a lot of our "guards" will play there.

I think he's definitely a better fit at the 3, right now given the challenges I expect guarding quicker players.

BUT - Randle and Mook are going to start. And I think RJ, as the #3 seed and presumed new face of a franchise desperate for something along those lines, is going to be given every last opportunity to start, even if he isn't the best option in the immediate term.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: July 16, 2019, 07:41:34 PM »

Randle, Morris, and Barrett all have burly bodies and physical games. Add Mitch for speed and verticality and whoever emerges from the PG scrum between EP, DJS, Frank, and Zo will also be to some degree a physical specimen. We won’t be Philly big but for the most part we should be able to more than hold our ground and benefit from a physical style of play. Shooting will be the problem with this group. That’s why Trier might make most sense as the guard due to his shooting.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: July 16, 2019, 08:02:34 PM »

If the best-case scenario for RJ unfolds - a big if, granted- he's going to be a good enough playmaker that you don't need a traditional PG at the 1. A scorer like Allonzo (if he develops enough to merit a starting spot) or the defensive-minded Ntilikina (if he becomes George Hill, which was my hope pre-draft) will suffice at the 1.

If he doesn't develop a reliable shot or become a stopper defensively, he risks becoming a burlier Evan Turner. That's his floor. His ceiling is very high, and predicated on his motivation to be great helping him overcome his apparent early shortcomings. I'm a bigger believer than most.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: July 17, 2019, 02:24:50 AM »

You could go RJ, Zo, and Frank. With Randle that’s a lot of playmaking. This assumes some development and confidence by Frank. We should see in the worlds. If Coach Smart really helped Dennis fix his shot, you could want RJ, Frank, and DSJ.

Morris and Gibson are two great pillars for Knox to build towards. To get the best parts of either players’ game, he’ll really have to develop his base.

Taj, Randle, Morris, Barrett, and Frank would be a very switchy defensive unit.

Who’s going to give the coaches what they want? Who’s ready to help us win games?

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: July 17, 2019, 03:28:12 AM »

If the best-case scenario for RJ unfolds - a big if, granted- he's going to be a good enough playmaker that you don't need a traditional PG at the 1. A scorer like Allonzo (if he develops enough to merit a starting spot) or the defensive-minded Ntilikina (if he becomes George Hill, which was my hope pre-draft) will suffice at the 1.

It takes a really special wing to be the functional PG.  Pippen, Harden LeBJ, etc.

If he doesn't develop a reliable shot or become a stopper defensively, he risks becoming a burlier Evan Turner. That's his floor. His ceiling is very high, and predicated on his motivation to be great helping him overcome his apparent early shortcomings. I'm a bigger believer than most.

I've thought of the Ev Turner comp as well.  (A #2 pick, btw).
Turner has disappointed due to his lack of an outside shot and poor D, plus being a good but not great playmaker.  But he's been a reasonable NBA player.  I hope that's Barrett's floor.  Because the worst-case scenario is his poor outside shooting causes him to be less effective in other areas (driving, creating) and lose confidence.  And the NAB has changed from 7-10 years ago (early EvTurner days) whereas the 3 is now expected of everyone on the court.  Another possible comparison is Wiggins.

I've seen very very little of RJrB so far.  His drives are physical and often odd-looking.  Will they work in the NBA?  Are they tricky enough to succeed, because he forces shots off his drives.  Can he drive right?  If you can't hit 3's and only drive left, NBA defenses will stop you.

I need to see his handle and playmaking.  And more of his shot.  But I think he's far from a sure thing.  He's ultra-young, so there's that uncertainty too.  A lot depends on Knix development  coaching.  At least Barrett is said to be a hard-worker.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: July 17, 2019, 04:13:55 AM »

He has a get by, seal, and read approach which can work in the NBA, if he can protect the ball. He got better over the five games we saw him at in the Vegas competition.

NOP 10pts 4-18 1 dime 2 TOs
PHX 8 pts 3-15 1 dime 8 TOs
TOR 17 pts 6-14 6 dimes 1 TO
LAL 21 pts 6-17 3 dimes 1 TO
WAS 21 pts 7-13 10 dimes 2 TOs

In the last game he was making the pass once he had bent the D instead of shooting into a double team, which we definitely don’t need him to do. He finished with his own attack when the D didn’t bend enough. He looked fairly comfortable going right, much more so than he did in college. He can play fast but he doesn’t have to.

He won’t be able to bully all players, but if you pair him with a bigger guard like Frank or Trier, or sorta Payton, some guard is going to have a bully opportunity.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: July 17, 2019, 11:44:31 AM »

Some vet play should be useful.
Too much could be harmful to development.

I don't want to play a vet-heavy lineup just to get the 8th seed.
I want another year of development without too much concern over record.  Which means a lot of time for R&B, Knox, Jr. Smith, Trier, Dot.  That's my priority, and hopefully the Knix allow Fizz the freedom to do that.

The crowded roster has me edgy.  A 2-for-one trade would do us well, to consolidate.  You don't need 14 guys who need minutes.
I'd open the season with Franc as our backup PG.  Let him audition.  See what he can do, and try to up his trade value.  Play him alongside a lot of offenders, such as Portis, Barrett, Trier (and Taj for defense).

I would have liked to have traded say Portis and Franc for Josh Rich.  But MIA moved him already and he's a good fit in PHI.
Though PHI could use more bench guys.

Knix should be looking to trade for Beal, Tatum, Jaylen, Covington (or Josh Rich).  Wiz would like to drop Mahinmi.  MIN needs more players.  Maybe Ainge can be induced to have a panic attack.

I'd move Randle/Portis + Franc for any of those. Toss in a Trier/Dot as well if needed.

You need to stop
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1848