Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 907011 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7185 on: July 23, 2019, 10:26:44 PM »

The smart ones in that family have always been the girls.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: July 24, 2019, 12:33:17 AM »

Yes.  Bright future.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
United KINGSTON
« Reply #7187 on: July 24, 2019, 12:58:51 AM »

Yes.  Bright future.

Sure, in Jamaica 🇯🇲, or would it be in Kingston-on-Thames?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:00:50 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: July 24, 2019, 02:10:43 AM »

Fishkill, NY. You can tell by her cold dead eyes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: July 24, 2019, 04:17:45 AM »

Trier might be our young guard with the most potential, especially if we’re getting 1/2 court distribution from both Barrett and Randle.

Portis Randle Gibson Barrett Trier. You get legit shooting from the 5 and 1, and everyone else you hope ups their efficiency by better selection and better opportunities. In football terms Taj is your middle linebacker/center, organizing the blocking and the D. While Trier and Portis camp in the corners, you can do Taj / Julius double screens for Barrett which through pops, dribble handoffs, and confusion can lead to any one of them in the short roll with three defenders behind him. Alternately, a small forward will wind up defending one of Portis, Randle, or Gibson. That’s a recipe to post, isolate, and punish until the doubles start to come. You also get a lot of rebounding out of this group and a lot of fiery attitude. There is muscle and mobility in good measures. You’d need a big jump defensively from Randle or Portis and nearly average D out of the Box from Barrett otherwise the lineup would not work. If it did work, you could attack second units with Mitch Morris Knox DJS Payton. If Payton or DJS are hitting threes, you can swap back Trier and make that guy your starter.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:06:11 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: July 24, 2019, 05:04:55 AM »

I’m going to look at the pups and state how I see their games in terms of former Knicks players. This won’t be in terms of production, but how the move, what they look for, where they go, and who they cover. Unstatistical, unscientific, and I’ll probably make some weird choices. I know. I’ll then add what they should pick up from which current vets.

Mitch - Camby & Mutumbo - everything from Taj, getting and hitting jumpers from Portis

Knox - Tim Thomas & Wil Chandler - everything from Taj & Morris, work off the ball from Bullock and Ellington

Trier - N8 & Derek Harper - floor game and D from Payton, off ball work from Ellington

Frank - Ro Blackman & Doug Christie - everything he can from Payton, Bullock, and Ellington

Dotson - JR Smith & Courtney Lee - study Morris, Bullock, and Ellington, Taj

Ignas - Landry Fields & Jason Kidd - absorb Morris, Bullock, Ellington, Taj

Barrett - Jalen Rose & Glen Rice - study Morris, Bullock, Ellington, Payton

Don’t know if it was worth much, but I feel better.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: July 24, 2019, 09:52:15 AM »

Durant’s familiarity and comfort level with the Nets medical staff was a major determining factor in him ultimately signing a deal to come to Brooklyn. While most critics are scoffing at the thought of Durant seeing the hardwood this upcoming season, according to Weinfeld, Durant’s chances are exceedingly better than that of injured Wizards star John Wall’s. “A point guard plays a different kind of game than Kevin Durant does,” noted Dr. Weinfeld. “An explosive type athlete, his demand is different than that of Kevin Durant’s. You talk about odds of coming back to where he was, I think Durant’s odds are better than an athlete like John Wall whose whole game is quickness and explosiveness. He [Wall] counts much more on those muscles being exactly where they need to be as opposed to a player like Durant and his style. – via Nets Insider

Such BS

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: July 24, 2019, 09:55:03 AM »

I’m going to look at the pups and state how I see their games in terms of former Knicks players. This won’t be in terms of production, but how the move, what they look for, where they go, and who they cover. Unstatistical, unscientific, and I’ll probably make some weird choices. I know. I’ll then add what they should pick up from which current vets.

Mitch - Camby & Mutumbo - everything from Taj, getting and hitting jumpers from Portis

Knox - Tim Thomas & Wil Chandler - everything from Taj & Morris, work off the ball from Bullock and Ellington

Trier - N8 & Derek Harper - floor game and D from Payton, off ball work from Ellington

Frank - Ro Blackman & Doug Christie - everything he can from Payton, Bullock, and Ellington

Dotson - JR Smith & Courtney Lee - study Morris, Bullock, and Ellington, Taj

Ignas - Landry Fields & Jason Kidd - absorb Morris, Bullock, Ellington, Taj

Barrett - Jalen Rose & Glen Rice - study Morris, Bullock, Ellington, Payton

Don’t know if it was worth much, but I feel better.

You know Payton is just 25, right?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: July 24, 2019, 10:41:47 AM »

Uncle Dennis could be in some hot water

The N.B.A. has begun an investigation into how teams handled free agency this summer, focusing on whether improper inducements were offered to players to circumvent the salary cap, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation. – via New York Times

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: July 24, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »

You know Payton is just 25, right?

You are right. I looked at our draftees & Trier.

Randle, Portis, Elfrid, and Dennis are all young, upsided, unfinished players. They’d be worth doing.

Taj is Taj. Marcus is Marcus. The same can be said about Reggie & Wayne.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 06:32:16 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: July 24, 2019, 07:47:30 PM »

Player - Shades of - look to learn froms

Randle - LJ & Mason - D from Taj, everything from Morris, floor game from Payton

Portis - Charles Smith & Rasheed Wallace - everything from Taj and Morris, setting up shots from Bullock

Payton - Mark Jackson & Jarred Jack - everything from Ellington, setting up a bucket from Trier

DJS - Steve Francis & Ray Felton - everything from Ellington, everything but shooting from EP

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: July 24, 2019, 09:29:54 PM »

Flynn & Kian’s illegal acts just closed a basketball camp on Long Island. More memorable works from Deficit Don.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: July 25, 2019, 03:39:45 AM »

Player - Shades of - look to learn froms

Randle - LJ & Mason - D from Taj, everything from Morris, floor game from Payton

LJ and Mason were tough defenders, who could also generate offense.  Rugged two-way players.

I was thinking Randle was more like Spencer Haywood or Mo Lucas.  To go a little throwback on ya.
Inside bruisers who boarded. 

Late 70's/early 80's were an odd time where the Knix cycled through quality PF's regularly.  Knix brought in Spencer Haywood for 75-76.  He was solid (19.3 & 10.9) on a mediocre team with Clyde & Pearl.  Then the next year Haywood got injured and we had Lonnie Shelton as a rook.  After 2 seasons he left as compensation for us signing The Human Eraser (Marv Webster).
One year later, we traded a fading Haywood for an uninspired Joe Meriweather. 

We drafted Cartwright to have 2 Big C's.
Brought in Mo Lucas for 81-82.  he was solid. 16 & 11.
But we flipped him for an aging Truck Robinson, coming off a 19 & 9.7 year at age 30.  But he aged quickly the next two Knick seasons and then retired.

I remember being excited about Knick PF's, then we had good C's but no PF's, and then back to good PF's briefly (Mo Lucas & Truck).  It wasn't until Summer of 88 that we got another high quality PF, when we flipped Mr. Bill for Oak.  In between, James Bailey, Ken the Animal Bannister, Bob Thornton, etc.

Anyway, Haywood and Mo Luke looked like PF stalwarts, but we really got just one solid season out of both.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: July 25, 2019, 05:01:44 AM »

Pitino is as far back as my direct awareness of the franchise goes.

I’m taking your word on everyone you mentioned.

If Randle pulled his D to Mase/LJ levels, he would be greatly rewarded... by our press.

The initiator responsibility and the ability to put bigger guys in the blender coming down the lane were the main things that called them to mind. The motor and court gravity as well.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: July 25, 2019, 05:46:59 AM »

Mo Lucas won a title as a rook with Walton in Portland.
He was a tough guy, fairly mobile.
Didn't back down.
Was known as The Enforcer.
Folks didn't want to mess with him.
He was also an intelligent cat.

Maybe Chip or another oldhead can chime in on why after one season we flipped him for Truck Robinson, who was a few years older and less of a post-up threat (though mean on the boards).
I was just settling in for some Mo Luke, and then he was gone.

Kind of usual for teams to trade starting PF's.  PHX certainly got the best of the deal.  Largely because Truck started breaking down after one season.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 1847