Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915400 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Who Knows
« Reply #7485 on: August 28, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »

Lin signs with Beijing, Marbury's old team.
Apparently didn't get an NBA offer.
Has had a lot of trouble staying healthy getting a chance to play, given so many "athletes" in the league.
China fans will enjoy watching him if he can stay on the court.

Fixed.

It’s good to be in a league where you can be considered an athlete. He’ll probably play there till he’s 40.

The Knicks should be stocking the G-league squad with potential defensive centers. It’s the spot we’re most susceptible to injury.

Well, Portis, Randle, Gibson can be called upon in the post-POSTUP Epoch.  Of all the "Projects" we bailed on (and Randle surely obviates the need to re-up Vonleh, while Iggy has already offered a tantalizing suggestion of what Perry thought SubPar Mario might evolve into, and my affection for Mudiay notwithstanding), I found the release of Kornet most curious.  Portis fills that niche with more experience, physicality and all-around skillset (including the Trey), but I thought Luke had made significant strides.

Anyway.

Not to read too much into this...

Because we took a pass on Fall, and didn't pursue another #2 pick to make a run at Bol, but there was a picture a friend of mine posted on FACEBOOK, which showed a group photo for a lunchtime "getting to know you" hang at SYLVIA's in Harlem with Coach Fizdale. 

I recognized Randle, Portis, Smith, RJ, Iggy, Knox, Ellington among others.

Among those others, looming above them all in the back row?

HASHEEM THABEET

Meaning?

Anything?

Westchester?

Who knows. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 04:50:33 PM by chipstern »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7486 on: August 28, 2019, 05:48:26 PM »

Solid citizen, no-distraction Boogie in the news:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27477469/report-d-cousins-ex-gf-seeks-restraining-order

One of these days we will have law enforcement ponder, "well, is she being a TOTAL BITCH?" - and tying that in with the press release.

I mean - really - not allowing him to have his son at his wedding?

Exactly, lol, those dumb motherfuckers didn't even read what happened.

*** Bo thought he found his ah ha moment. Nope, still just another bigblackman he wants to tar & feather. The song remains the same for bigots across the world.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:51:59 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Baaad doggie
« Reply #7487 on: August 28, 2019, 10:22:26 PM »

Solid citizen, no-distraction Boogie in the news:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27477469/report-d-cousins-ex-gf-seeks-restraining-order

One of these days we will have law enforcement ponder, "well, is she being a TOTAL BITCH?" - and tying that in with the press release.

I mean - really - not allowing him to have his son at his wedding?

Exactly, lol, those dumb motherfuckers didn't even read what happened.

*** Bo thought he found his ah ha moment. Nope, still just another bigblackman he wants to tar & feather. The song remains the same for bigots across the world.

LES BAAAAD DOGGIE
I think you went a step too far. I mean, BoZ can be sanctimonious and self-important, but he ain't no bigot.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:36:35 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: August 29, 2019, 02:29:52 AM »

So Les is aligned with Kiid -- it's okay to threaten someone's life if you think the other person (a female) is acting very bitchy.  Kiid thinks that should be a legal exception.  Priceless.

Her allegations: Boogie previously choked her, and just threatened to kill her (in a specific way) over a family argument.  So she asked for a restraining order to stay safe from potential violence. 

Specifically, she alleges Cousins said: "I'm Gonna Make Sure I Put A Bullet Through Your Fucking Head"  adding even if he didn't have to get his hands dirty doing it. 
https://deadspin.com/demarcus-cousinss-ex-girlfriend-says-he-told-her-im-go-1837623964

Not surprisingly, Boogie not likely an aggrieved innocent here.  They have a difficult, contentious history. 
West and Cousins have an extensive legal history dating back to 2013, which involved establishing paternity, child support, and visitation rights.
It seems their relationship has been rocky at best for a long time, with Boogie seemingly not admitting the kid was his and then haggling/delaying child support. 

The more you look into the relationship and this incident the uglier and more sordid it is. 
West previously sought court protection from Cousins on account of his alleged verbal and physical abuse.

Trouble tends to follow some, due to the company they keep and decisions they make.  Hopefully getting married and closing in on 30 will aid Cousin Boogie's maturity.  Then again, some never get it.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: August 29, 2019, 08:45:04 AM »

Her allegations: Boogie previously choked her, and just threatened to kill her (in a specific way) over a family argument.  So she asked for a restraining order to stay safe from potential violence. 

This is fine.  The system at work.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: August 29, 2019, 08:49:35 AM »

Just sorry I dont have a KINJA account.  They seem quite intelligent over at Deadspin

heh

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Une compte KINJA
« Reply #7492 on: August 29, 2019, 01:57:48 PM »

Just sorry I dont have a KINJA account.  They seem quite intelligent over at Deadspin

heh

Qu’est ce que c’est?

Toi, tu es très exotique.

Heh?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: August 29, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »

Hasheem Thabeet’s agent can read a roster. I hope he looks good. All the usual summer sweet nothings have been said about him. It’s good for our guys to get work against absurd largeness. There still is some of that in the league.

Knox and Barrett are getting a taste of Melo. I hope some footage gets out of these runs.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Kissing Cousins
« Reply #7494 on: August 29, 2019, 04:04:12 PM »

An arrest warrant has been issued for Los Angeles Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge in Mobile, Alabama. – via ESPN

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: August 29, 2019, 04:21:39 PM »

Hey - thanks for checkin in...

chipstern

• View Profile
Out Of Town Tryouts [Blasts From The Past]
« Reply #7496 on: August 30, 2019, 01:03:17 AM »

Ian Begley: Carmelo Anthony wasn’t the only former Knick participating in informal 5-on-5 scrimmages with the team on Thursday. Veteran free agent Lance Thomas also played in the games, per a source.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: August 30, 2019, 03:09:22 AM »

Melo working out in NY
+
Durant and Kyrie wanting Melo
+
Wil out for 25 games for substance ingestion

Melo to BKY

Makes sense.
Melo from the area.
Helps sell tickets.
Nets a 3rd tier contender this year can afford to gamble.
Only need Melo for 30 games until Wil is back.
Can re-evaluate then.

Seems like an easy call.
Melo will be on good behavior since it could be his last NBA chance.
And Nets can let Melo be the bench scorer.
Help shore up a weak bench.

I'd tune into some Net games to see Melo & Kyrie and Lavert and whether it will be a disaster.  Could also pan out to a low playoff seed.  Interesting if nothing else.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: August 30, 2019, 05:35:55 AM »

cbsports picked an X-factor player for every team

They lazily went with RJB for NYK.
I think he's key for the franchise future, but not for next season.

I'd tab Jr. Smith as my Knick x-factor.
If he can put together a solid season, scoring, setting up and not stinking too much on D, this group of new Knicks could cohere.
Without good PG play, there's going to be a lot of players trying to assert themselves and not enough teamwork.

My 2nd pick would probably be Mitch.  Because he can anchor a defense and disrupt other teams, if he can stay out of foul trouble and keep his focus.

After that I might go with Knox and Barrett.
But Portis is another good candidate.  A guy who could solidify the bench if he's locked in.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: August 30, 2019, 07:55:59 AM »

Anthony could easily start for the NETS
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1848