Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908790 times)

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7830 on: October 18, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »

lol Knicks

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: October 18, 2019, 10:55:14 PM »

The ship sank 20 years ago. (just played NBA 2K2 on an emulator for the long defunct Sega Dreamcast with Allan, Spree & Camby but team had Spoon and Mark Jackson in it...the vestiges of past glory even in an almost 20 year old game!

Some of our Twitter fans hate on Andrew Yang for bashing the team as a semi-ex fan, but anyone wonder where the fans at? Most are either the most vehement die hard lovers, disappeared or sadly are gone from this Earth.

I love offering some "hot takes" as long as they're before, not after "the gather." (notice that one sequence when Wally and Breen said it about 5 times in 3 minutes?)

Waiting for the RJzilla YouTube vid from 90's movie stars. We're not just "cool" we're cold on D and not as good as most from 3 even with Ellington.

Mission accomplished?

Win predictions?

Fiz dazed and confused
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 11:03:40 PM by PrezIke »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: October 19, 2019, 03:57:56 AM »

And Langston Galloway.

They like Frank. Who says they lie LG

Should be vindication for those here in the FN camp. A top 14 protected 1 is your best hope. Or 2 number 2s which we of course do well with

Or we could keep him, play him, and actually win some games.

Since we don’t have players soft enough for you, you could always become a Nets fan.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: October 19, 2019, 06:57:48 AM »

DET needs shooting and Galloway gets hot now and then and lights it up from deep.  Franc don't.

Their best 3-shooter is Kennard (39%) then . . . Blake and RegJax, both league average (36%).  I don't see how franc fits there.  Pistols just gave up on young all-D, no-O StanJohn.  Now they want Franc?

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: October 19, 2019, 11:01:10 AM »

Zach Lowe with some strange NYK speculation:

Utah trades Dante Exum and Tony Bradley for (maybe) Marcus Morris

I like this trade for both teams, even if both would likely say "no" now. It's an all-in move for Utah -- their means of nabbing another backup power forward and someone with a track record of jostling with the big wings in Los Angeles. New York gets a high-lottery talent who just turned 24.

Yeah, the Knicks have three point guards. So what? Exum has been at least as much wing as point guard for a while now.

Barring a surprise twist -- i.e., a trade involving Ingles or Bojan Bogdanovic -- this Exum/small salary package is Utah's only realistic means of upgrading the frontcourt. Unless Exum finally pops, I'd expect it to be in play.

Gad, we just went through one erratic Utah training-wheel PG.  Now we're back for seconds?  We couldn't get something better for mercenary Morris to help a playoff contender?
I guess 3 PG's isn't enough.

Realyl the Knix probably have led the league in rostered PG's, and starting PG's the past five years.  Time to stop the crowded carousel. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: DUH
« Reply #7835 on: October 19, 2019, 11:43:22 AM »

We could have drafted Jrue Holiday. 

We drafted Jordan Hill. 

Was not nearly right for us at the time

Oh, Lord. 

One of the most PG rich drafts in recent memory, we with NO point guards of note, having whiffed on Steph Curry, and with a surfeit of PGs to choose from...

Well, look who I'm trying to reason with. 

Go in peace. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: October 19, 2019, 11:51:14 AM »

Zach Lowe with some strange NYK speculation:

Utah trades Dante Exum and Tony Bradley for (maybe) Marcus Morris

I like this trade for both teams, even if both would likely say "no" now. It's an all-in move for Utah -- their means of nabbing another backup power forward and someone with a track record of jostling with the big wings in Los Angeles. New York gets a high-lottery talent who just turned 24.

Yeah, the Knicks have three point guards. So what? Exum has been at least as much wing as point guard for a while now.

Barring a surprise twist -- i.e., a trade involving Ingles or Bojan Bogdanovic -- this Exum/small salary package is Utah's only realistic means of upgrading the frontcourt. Unless Exum finally pops, I'd expect it to be in play.

Gad, we just went through one erratic Utah training-wheel PG.  Now we're back for seconds?  We couldn't get something better for mercenary Morris to help a playoff contender?
I guess 3 PG's isn't enough.

Realyl the Knix probably have led the league in rostered PG's, and starting PG's the past five years.  Time to stop the crowded carousel.

Trey has been playing well for Philly, and Emmanuel for Utah, so, there is life after Knicks. 

The "TRADE" is something I would anticipate from some sorry blogger, not a beat guy. 

Point guards?  Like the Knicks don't have enough GUARDS, period. 

Trier surely made a case for sixth man status last night, as he can create one on one off the dribble. 

Ellington has played with energy and purpose, and some D, but in the pre-season, has rarely received the ball in rhythm with ball movement around the horn, feet set, in rhythm, where he can do the most damage.  Not so much a create his own shot kind of sniper, like Reddick demonstrated frequently last night. 

Good to see Dotson nail his first trey. 

RJ has played better and better in each game, seemingly more comfortable both inside and outside...motherfucker just makes plays, makes things happen. 

And yeah, 19-year olds don't get tired, but they do tweak their knees (Zion), and there are so many players who could benefit from and benefit for the Knicks with floor time.  Maybe 30 minutes a night for RJ, eh, Coach? 

Portis and Mitchell showing some nice progress, and Randle demonstrating a good all-around game (willing and effective passer), but have to wonder why we are not rebounding more effectively. 

Also, Randle is a genuine threat from trey, and was lighting it up there for a hot minute, the last miss, notwithstanding. 

But is it just me...at crunch time, must every play out of a time out be a trey? 

Anyway, we kept scrapping, didn't give up, and showed defensive intensity and purpose, if not always acumen.  As someone pointed out, we are getting kerfuffled on pick and rolls, and as a result, find ourselves scrambling to cover the corner and wing kick outs.  A problem, along with rebounding and consistent/non-stickyball movement, we must address over the next two months, or there is going to be a rain of threes pouring out of the night sky. 

PS: Was it Berman, 'natch, who ran some article about how Barrett got no votes for potential top rookies.  Clearly our first two picks would've been Williamson and Morant, but at #3, in lieu of sign and trades?  Who else?  Darius Garland?  Sure, and Knicks gave him a long second look. DeAndre Hunter?  Excellent 3&D with an NBA-ready outside shot.  Both players with serious up side.  S&T?  Hachimura, Reddish, Coby White?  Impressive talents.  But while RJ's long range jumper and FT shooting are works in progress, I like what Wally said about him last night, how THE GAME IS SLOWING DOWN for RJ.  One of the reasons Fizz is so enamored of him, and can't seem to keep him off the floor, is because he makes good things happen, with or without the ball, on both ends of the court, and he is already PLAYING LIKE A LEADER.  Of course he is still a puppy, and will have plenty of speed bumps, but he said he was ready for the challenge of NY, and so far, the motherfucker seems up to it. 

PPS: RJ is a personable, intelligent and exceptionally handsome young man, but has anyone noticed the interesting contours of his cranium when viewed in profile. 

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 12:09:11 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Roster Moves
« Reply #7837 on: October 19, 2019, 12:35:29 PM »

Adam Zagoria: The Knicks have waived VJ King, Lamar Peters and Kenny Wooten. They now have 16 players on the roster, including one Two-Way. – via Twitter AdamZagoria

chipstern

• View Profile
Genetic Connections
« Reply #7838 on: October 19, 2019, 12:42:29 PM »

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, a team mate of Kevin Knox's at Kentucky, a real up and coming talent, and a key piece in the Clippers-Thunder trade for Paul George? 

His cousin NICKEIL ALEXANDER-WALKER, 6'5" combo guard, really lit the Knicks up last night: 7-11. and 3-4 from trey.  For that matter, JJ Reddick was 5-7 and 3-4 from trey, while Josh Hart was 6-9 and 3-6 from trey.  Well, 9-17 from trey.  There's the ball game. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Genetic Connections
« Reply #7839 on: October 19, 2019, 12:48:08 PM »

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, a team mate of Kevin Knox's at Kentucky, a real up and coming talent, and a key piece in the Clippers-Thunder trade for Paul George? 

His cousin NICKEIL ALEXANDER-WALKER, 6'5" combo guard, really lit the Knicks up last night: 7-11. and 3-4 from trey.  For that matter, JJ Reddick was 5-7 and 3-4 from trey, while Josh Hart was 6-9 and 3-6 from trey.  Well, 9-17 from trey.  There's the ball game.

Randle and Ellington were a combined 7-14; Knicks en total were 13-33, while the Pelicans were 17-41. 

REBOUNDING: Pelicans 45-43

ASSISTS: Knicks 23-21

TURNOVERS: Knicks 18-21

So...something resembling progress. 

With the Pelicans outside shooting, scary to think of them with a healthy Zion. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: October 19, 2019, 08:26:57 PM »

And Langston Galloway.

They like Frank. Who says they lie LG

Should be vindication for those here in the FN camp. A top 14 protected 1 is your best hope. Or 2 number 2s which we of course do well with

Or we could keep him, play him, and actually win some games.

Since we don’t have players soft enough for you, you could always become a Nets fan.

Have yet to chose a West team for this year

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: October 19, 2019, 08:41:21 PM »

That game last night was super interesting to watch. Barrett is the real shit. Oddly I wasn't sure about his level at Duke, but I'm impressed every game. The dude has the capacity to rise above others.

But yeah, we have a point guard problem. I had no high hopes for Smith Jr., based on his play for us last year, but who the fuck knows. I'm just looking for someone who can LEAD out there. Randal is great, but without a strong PG, you can see the dark potential for....well, those last 30 seconds.

Speaking of that, I know it's pre-season, but Kid seemed on the mark writing about the Knicks disfunction at the end of games. THAT I put on coaches, not players. Fizdale is making millions, so I don't think it's much to ask for well-designed plays and smart time management. But game after game last that, I didn't see that.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: October 19, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »

9.6 mil collar added in Exum next year?

I'll pass, thanks

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Roster Moves
« Reply #7843 on: October 19, 2019, 09:17:59 PM »

Adam Zagoria: The Knicks have waived VJ King, Lamar Peters and Kenny Wooten. They now have 16 players on the roster, including one Two-Way. – via Twitter AdamZagoria

No surprises

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: October 20, 2019, 01:38:26 AM »

I think Exum would be a bad idea for this team even if he was on a cheapy contract.  But yeah, Utah signed him for a $10M 3 or 4 year deal.  Blech.

Wow, Siakim just got a max deal.
Kinda crazy.  Very interesting young player, but he's been a starter for just one year, needs to up his usage this year with Kawhi gone, i would have waited.  Is Siakim really a $30M max level player.  Not now.  If you sign him early (this Summer) for say $22M, that's good.  Give him security and get him locked up longterm.  But not sure why you lock in a max deal early before a player is at that level.  Developmnet is always linear -- look at Tatum last year. 

Siakim is a tenacious defender, terrific running the floor, odd pointy-elbow drives and awkward/effective spin moves.  Can he be best player on a contender?  2nd best?  I woulda waited.

Good to hear Barrett is looking good.  There's definitely room on the team for a slasher, athlete, energy guy.  Kind of what we are lacking.  (among other things).  Trier has some of that, though with inattentive D.

Endgame situations are easier when you have go-to studs, players familiar with each other, good ballhandlers, etc.  Again I see it as another development year for the coaching staff s well as the players.  W's mostly meaningless again, unless you think we can sneak into the playoffs.  To me, a whole year to evaluate Fizz with a decent but weird crowded roster. And I'll start worrying about Fiz & Co. next year.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1847