Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914885 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Win Prediction
« Reply #7905 on: October 23, 2019, 09:39:49 AM »

I think the Knicks will win 29 games.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7906 on: October 23, 2019, 09:47:07 AM »

Did you sleep through the 2019 draft and not follow the preseason?  :)  Kidcarter feed me more.  What do you mean?????

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: October 23, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »

Apparently, CCTv didn't show the games.
Must be first time in over 20 years opening day games weren't televised in China.

Bo,

How is the NBA consumed in China?  Do you need to pay a cable contract to get CCTv?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Knicks signing 6'10 PF/C Ivan Rabb
« Reply #7908 on: October 23, 2019, 11:31:46 AM »

to a two-way deal

Here is the Grizzly fans take on IRabb:

Rabb fit what Memphis once was. He has an old school game, one where he can play with his back to the basket and rebound and defend the rim not as well as a Gasol but in a similar fashion. Where he had his greatest issue was in the fact he was not truly elite at any of these skills. He showed flashes of potentially rebounding well, or scoring at the rim efficiently, but he did neither of these things well enough to negate his limitations...especially defensively in terms of rotation and switching.

He was given opportunities. The extension of his team option to October 19th allowed for Ivan to get a full training camp in with Memphis, and also get plenty of work in with the Grizzlies staff as they were trying to find what he was capable of within their schemes. But it would appear that pretty quickly, Jenkins and his crew realized that worst case scenario they could get basic rim protection from Bruno Caboclo while utilizing his offensive game more effectively given his athleticism and range.

Rabb will surely get looks at least in the G-League, and it is unlikely he will never play in the NBA again. But Ivan must grow his game, offensively in particular, to make teams see his gift at that end worth the loss of positional versatility.

He is only 22,  so improvement is possible.  He needs to get stronger like any young player (not named Williamson).  But the ceiling is low.  He could be a younger Taj Gibson.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:53:26 AM by Kam »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: A Fresh Wrinkle To Start The Season
« Reply #7909 on: October 23, 2019, 12:13:32 PM »

Ian Begley: Knicks center Mitchell Robinson suffered a sprained right ankle in practice on Monday and is questionable for Wednesday’s opener in San Antonio. – via Twitter IanBegley

He is officially out for the game tonight vs. SAS.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: October 23, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »

I didn't realize the season started.

Blame DARYL MOREY

LOL.  I think you nailed it.
Him and those pesky HK rioters.

Bo,
How is the NBA consumed in China?  Do you need to pay a cable contract to get CCTv?

Cable TV is rather cheap in Shanghai.
It was $2 per month for a long time.  But I think it doubled to $4 two or three years ago.  I forget what I pay.  But TV is the opiate of the people, Chinese love TV, and the gov't loves folks being sedated in such fashion.  I have roughly 90 channels, including 3 sports stations and of course all 13 CCTV channels.
CCTV 5 and the SH Sports station usually show NBA games live in the morning and replay them around 10:PM.  So I catch what I can.

I've been considering buying a Tv box device (for around $60 - $80) which lets you watch hundreds of international channels from various countries via the internet on your very own TV.  Any channel not included you can just download the site info, save the download to a thumb drive and download that to the funky cable box. 

One such sketchy Tv cable box I saw demonstrated had MSG on it.  Another cheaper one didn't, but the guy looked it up and found the download info in under 1 minute.

I probably should go it, as my Slingbox is nearly useless as the gov't throttles overseas internet connections (the intranet within China is apparently fast).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: October 23, 2019, 12:52:42 PM »

My preferred lineup (given health) would be:
Jr. Smith
Barrett
Morris
Randle
Mitch

That gets 3 yute starting.
Has at least two guys who play D, and a rook who seems to try.
Barrett and Smith are athletic.
Let's RJB  facilitate some.
A decent two-way team.

Not great ballhandling or passing.
Not great 3-shooting.
But that's true of our whole team really.

Elf - Trier - Knox - Portis - Taj as 2nd unit.

Later can adjust if Taj needs to start.  Or Elf is our best PG.  Or we need Trier's scoring.  I'd like Knox to get lots of minutes.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: October 23, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »

Did you sleep through the 2019 draft and not follow the preseason?  :)  Kidcarter feed me more.  What do you mean?????

I dont see Barrett in your starting lineup, is all.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: A Fresh Wrinkle To Start The Season
« Reply #7913 on: October 23, 2019, 01:46:53 PM »

Ian Begley: Knicks center Mitchell Robinson suffered a sprained right ankle in practice on Monday and is questionable for Wednesday’s opener in San Antonio. – via Twitter IanBegley

He is officially out for the game tonight vs. SAS.

Is Gibson playing?

Poetl may have a big game.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: October 23, 2019, 01:48:41 PM »

My preferred lineup (given health) would be:
Jr. Smith
Barrett
Morris
Randle
Mitch

That gets 3 yute starting.
Has at least two guys who play D, and a rook who seems to try.
Barrett and Smith are athletic.
Let's RJB  facilitate some.
A decent two-way team.

Not great ballhandling or passing.
Not great 3-shooting.
But that's true of our whole team really.

Elf - Trier - Knox - Portis - Taj as 2nd unit.

Later can adjust if Taj needs to start.  Or Elf is our best PG.  Or we need Trier's scoring.  I'd like Knox to get lots of minutes.

I think Ellington was signed to PLAY.  Bur we'll see.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks signing 6'10 PF/C Ivan Rabb
« Reply #7915 on: October 23, 2019, 01:56:02 PM »

to a two-way deal

Here is the Grizzly fans take on IRabb:

Rabb fit what Memphis once was. He has an old school game, one where he can play with his back to the basket and rebound and defend the rim not as well as a Gasol but in a similar fashion. Where he had his greatest issue was in the fact he was not truly elite at any of these skills. He showed flashes of potentially rebounding well, or scoring at the rim efficiently, but he did neither of these things well enough to negate his limitations...especially defensively in terms of rotation and switching.

He was given opportunities. The extension of his team option to October 19th allowed for Ivan to get a full training camp in with Memphis, and also get plenty of work in with the Grizzlies staff as they were trying to find what he was capable of within their schemes. But it would appear that pretty quickly, Jenkins and his crew realized that worst case scenario they could get basic rim protection from Bruno Caboclo while utilizing his offensive game more effectively given his athleticism and range.

Rabb will surely get looks at least in the G-League, and it is unlikely he will never play in the NBA again. But Ivan must grow his game, offensively in particular, to make teams see his gift at that end worth the loss of positional versatility.

He is only 22,  so improvement is possible.  He needs to get stronger like any young player (not named Williamson).  But the ceiling is low.  He could be a younger Taj Gibson.

Would have liked a look at Kris Wilkes but I guess he wasn't healthy.  Knicks will follow him, maybe take him on later

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: October 23, 2019, 04:18:23 PM »

I'm not into Ellingtonia.
I'm hoping Trier gets a chance to show that he is as good or better. than El.  If we struggle with the 3, or Trier flails, than I'd use Ellington.  But we'll see how Fizz handles it.  El Train is a vet chucker.

It's a crowded roster, and one or two guys will find themselves out of the rotation.

Fizz might go with Ellington some games, Trier others.  But I'd rather one guy is in the rotation and one out.  Not even to mention Datsun, our other interesting young SG.  And I left Franc out, but hope he gets a lot of burn.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
DEPTH & The Clown Car That Are OUR KNICKS
« Reply #7917 on: October 23, 2019, 05:06:50 PM »

I'm not into Ellingtonia.
I'm hoping Trier gets a chance to show that he is as good or better. than El.  If we struggle with the 3, or Trier flails, than I'd use Ellington.  But we'll see how Fizz handles it.  El Train is a vet chucker.

It's a crowded roster, and one or two guys will find themselves out of the rotation.

Fizz might go with Ellington some games, Trier others.  But I'd rather one guy is in the rotation and one out.  Not even to mention Datsun, our other interesting young SG.  And I left Franc out, but hope he gets a lot of burn.

What Ellington was NOT GETTING in preseason, were looks where his feet are set, and he is in rhythm, off of ball movement. 

That is his gift. 

Creating his own shot, one on one play, mmmmm, not so much.  THAT would be SAY HEY RED DICK (a bad pun, which I present to you as a gift to the master of such things). 

Trier can create his own shot, and if he is really doing his job, he can create open looks for others as defenses collapse upon him. 

God knows, if we establish someone to consistently rudder the point, break down the defenses off of penetration, then Jukeless Ellington is a dangerous weapon.  If not, then Trier or Dotson are going to be petitioning for floor time. 

Probably one of the reasons Fizz might be taking a long hard look at an RJ/Alonzo back court in certain situations, and has been calling out his team for one-on-one/ball sticking. 

Our defense has been coming along...offensive identity?

Stay tuned. 

DEPTH.

Too many PF/C?

Well, what if neither Mitch NOR Taj can play tonight? 

All of a sudden, Randle is a center, Morris is a PF, Knox is a SF/PF, Barrett is a SG/SF/PG...and the likelihood that we see a series of Small Ball Sets with KNOX-BARRETT and some combo of Smith/Peyton/Ntilinkina & Trier/Ellington/Dotson will be in play.   

Anyway...

And AWAY WE GO. 

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 05:09:14 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Oooooooops...
« Reply #7918 on: October 23, 2019, 05:17:18 PM »

Forgot Bobby Portis. 

My bad. 

Probably come off the bench with Knox to spell Randle and Morris. 

PS: Let's see who if anyone steps up to guard LaMarcus Aldridge, a certified Knicks Nemesis. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: October 23, 2019, 05:25:32 PM »

Murmurs out of San Antone that TRIER will start alongside Barrett.

Interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1848