Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915762 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8175 on: November 02, 2019, 06:52:04 AM »

Franc makes a good effort on D, is usually in the right spot, uses his long arms, and is effective on that end.  He thinks well on D
Can get better navigating screens.  He's a good defender.  Maybe best on the team.

Mitch is foul prone. 
And I'm not even sure who our 3rd best defender is.
Taj I guess.
Followed by . . . ?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: November 02, 2019, 06:56:13 AM »

Seems like we played a solid game and came close on the Road.
We don't have the continuity/familiarity/chemistry other teams have.  But we do have effort and some talent, and play hard.

Knix have been a very streaky team this year.  But looks like this was a game that was close throughout, and not full of big runs.
I saw some replay, but the internet connection let me down.

Looks like Franc got some stats across the board, given good run.
Let Franc do his thing while the other PG's are out.
RJB and others can still initiate plenty of offense.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: November 02, 2019, 10:36:43 AM »

Mostly off highlights, Knox made a number of good plays.
A nice offensive rebound.
Stole the ball on a good double team trap.
Finished with a layup on the break.
Even one BOS play, he pointed for someone to take a man so he could switch out, and hesitated in between when Knix were slow to pick up the inside man.
Last Knick play, Knox got the tipped rebound and immediately fired it out to Morris for the tying 3.  Not sure why RJB drive into the paint for a shot down 3 with time dwindling.  But Knox knew we needed a 3 and knew where Morris was.
Knox also looked confident shooting 3's.

A nice variety of good plays by Knox.
(again, just off highlights . . .)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: November 02, 2019, 12:05:50 PM »

Mike and Clyde werent sure why the genius coach Stevens didnt have his charges foul Barrett.

Knicks lost by 2 on the road to a top foe.  With Frank playing big minutes.

Let him have another go.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: November 02, 2019, 01:38:40 PM »

Replay highlights I watched were 10 mins with Celts announcers.

I always worry that you might foul a guy as he launches a 3.  Giving him 3 FT's and possibly a completely awful 4 point play.  Some guys I'd trust more than others to judge when to foul. 

But a rookie making his first try at finding a game tying shot?
I guess Clyde & Co. were thinking about RJB's terrible FT shooting.
And they have a valid point.

I shouldn't have been lazy and should have sought out an MSG highlight feed.

I'm sure teams are already emphasizing D and scouting on Barrett.  Reminding folks that he's a lefty, doesn't pass much, likes to drive all the way in.  But he is crafty and really plays the game at his own pace.  There were two fast breaks on which he slowed down to execute his move and scored nicely.  Real nice to see a rook who doesn't rush.  RJB has been quite good on finishing around the rim.  Impressive.

But RJB is going to get more defensive focus and better defenders on him.  (after the first or second game, I noted that teams will quickly stop putting small guards on him).  RJB will need to adjust.  Including passing more on drives.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Signs of trouble
« Reply #8180 on: November 02, 2019, 02:10:59 PM »

Julius Randle’s postgame interaction with the media was interesting. Frustration is mounting because of all the double-teams he’s faced so far, plus the added responsibilities of being a point forward and bringing the ball up occasionally. After being verbose as the unofficial team spokesman since training camp, Randle gave one-word, two-word and three-word answers after Friday’s loss. Randle attempted just seven shots — a season low — and scored eight points, which marked the first time he missed double-figures this season. Randle’s decision to move the ball didn’t always work as he racked up another six turnovers. That’s 25 in the past five games — five per outing. Randle was outspoken after the Orlando loss Wednesday, blaming himself for not playing well. Was Friday a shot boycott and a media boycott?

“It’s tough for Julius not having a true playmaking point guard,’’ said one person close to the situation. “Responsibility falls to him to facilitate and with assists comes turnovers. He’s probably just frustrated because he has immense pride.’’
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Brotha Bogdan
« Reply #8181 on: November 02, 2019, 02:13:57 PM »

Bogdan Bogdanovic can become a restricted free agent after the season and the Sacramento Kings haven't been able to work out a long-term contract extension with the shooting guard.

Sean Deveney of Heavy reported the Kings made the maximum offer of $51 million over four years, and it was declined. The New York Knicks headline the teams that have taken an interest in the situation and are waiting to see if he becomes available for trade.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Offseason re-do
« Reply #8182 on: November 02, 2019, 02:18:15 PM »

We should've tried to get Malcolm Brogdan and Julius Randle.   It would've cost us a couple of future picks.  But we would be an actual good team.  With a winning record.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: November 02, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »

I’m ready to continue to grow the Frank - RJ backcourt. That along with turning Mitch into a 28-30 mpg player are the two most promising options for internal improvement.

Having Randle pick his way open for catches in the pinch post deserves more of a look than Randle barreling in from the perimeter against set defenders.

Randle and Portis need to both better understand and execute their defensive assignments.

Onward and upward.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: November 02, 2019, 05:48:47 PM »

Randle and Portis need to both better understand and execute their defensive assignments.

How likely is this?

There was one 1st half play where Randle suddenly ran to double a perimeter player without the ball.  You can see his man Theis hesitate for a second before realizing his defender got inexplicably lost.  He rolls to the hoop and gets the ball.  Franc seeing Randle's weird cockup splits the difference between his man on the far side and Theis, but has no chance of coming over and stopping a Big on the move with 7" on him.

Randle & Portis both look bad on D.  And foul a lot.
I said before the season that you couldn't pair them due to their D-ficiencies.

Morris works on D but also fouls too much.
Morris looks like he should be better than he is (and thinks he is).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 07:01:43 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: November 02, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »

I leave Morris aside. I think Randle and Portis need to be on an offensive creation break while they figure out moving the ball, moving without the ball, and maximizing their team D. When that stuff is showing major improvement they can open back up their games. Till then catch and pass or catch and finish, pick on and off the ball (without fouling) and get to better spots. Build confidence and energy by having them apply themselves to narrower tasks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: November 02, 2019, 07:05:13 PM »

UTAh could really use Iggy.
They have nobody who can guard LeBJ, Kawhi, PG.

Bogdanovich and Jingles can shoot.  Royce ONeal is physical but a 26 year old 2nd year guy just 6'4".  Jeff Green is 33 and has Tim Thomas disease.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Brotha Bogdan
« Reply #8187 on: November 02, 2019, 09:49:32 PM »

Bogdan Bogdanovic can become a restricted free agent after the season and the Sacramento Kings haven't been able to work out a long-term contract extension with the shooting guard.

Sean Deveney of Heavy reported the Kings made the maximum offer of $51 million over four years, and it was declined. The New York Knicks headline the teams that have taken an interest in the situation and are waiting to see if he becomes available for trade.

Great

Another sniper they can sadly bring off the bench

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Offseason re-do
« Reply #8188 on: November 02, 2019, 09:55:05 PM »

We should've tried to get Malcolm Brogdan and Julius Randle.   It would've cost us a couple of future picks.  But we would be an actual good team.  With a winning record.

Looking like a good call.

4/85 for Brogdon wasnt a concern.  But we'd have had to send a #1 and likely protect it for just '20 and maybe '21

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Brotha Bogdan
« Reply #8189 on: November 02, 2019, 10:54:35 PM »

Dennis Smith, Bullock and a heavily protected #1 matches salaries.
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1848